Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lilithlefay

Fruit Moon

The bountiful, bright and vivacious prelude to the Harvest. A horde of wet, ripe fruits: green apple, apricot, blackberry, black cherry, black and red currants, cantaloupe, English pear, guava, lemon and lime, orange, mandarin orange, kiwi and mango, passion fruit, papaya, Georgia peach, raspberry, plum, tangerine, pomegranate and strawberry over a luminous blend of lunar oils.

In the imp, Fruit Moon is really strong; it's like melting all types of fruit candies in a *huge* vat and stirring... that's the smell. Oh WOW. On it's melon, peach, orange, apple, pear, passion fruit, can't... stop... smelling... myself!!! :P :D I'd probably get all of the notes, but there are just so many... they come and go so quickly, like all the fruits are bouncing along on a wheel that keeps turning. Now that this has dried, it's more difficult to pick out individual fruits; this just smells really fruity and tangy. And even later... oh no, what happened? All I get now is a kind of... I want to say after taste, but of course that's not right. Now it's like the fruits are rotting, growing mold and such... oh boo! :D Edited by Shollin

I have a cold, so I'm probably not picking up all the complexities of scents today. That said. . .

In the bottle it's a cacophony of fruits! Melon is definitely coming out the winner, though, and it's a sweet, fresh melon; not too ripe or bold.

On the skin this is just beautiful. It's the perfect mix of fruits; delicate, sweet without being cloying, and ever-changing so that different fruits come to the fore as it dries down and warms up.

I'm not sure if my skin ate it, or if it's due to my cold, but it hasn't lasted too well on me. Definitely one that's worth constant application, though. :P

Wet, this is mostly a cacophony of melons. Cantaloupe is strongest, and there is just the teensiest hint that there are other fruits in this.

As it wears, the other fruits come out to play. This is so sweet and juicy and fun and cute that it's like rolling around in a vat of Tropical Fruit Skittles. Smell the rainbow of fruit flavor!

YUM.

In the vial: Fruit punch!

On me: Smells almost like Capri Sun, the juice drink. I smell predominately melon. Very soft and not at all too sweet or sour like I expected. It smells lovely. Then there becomes a problem -- it's gone within a half hour. I mean completely vanishes. *sigh* It was sad.

Wet: Fruity! No one note comes out more than the others, though.

Dry: Can definitely smell the guava and a lot of melon...too bad I'm not a huge fan of melons.

Final: Like a refreshing fruit salad on a hot summer day, I like it apart from the melons and wish I could pick them out and just enjoy the other fruit.

its gorgeous!!! :D :D My #2 in my BPAL charts (#1 is Dragon's blood and #3 is Lady Macbeth)

liquid: melon...melon and lemon

on my skin: light canned fruit, melon, pear, a little tangerine...not too sugary, not vanilla/almond, not flowery. It's fruit, faded fruit, light fruit, not girly, not sweet, not soapy, not "Strawberry Shortcake doll". It's "25-years-old". I love it!!! (yes I'm 31, but that doesn't matter :D)

after 5 minutes: a very very light cherry syrup, but really light and again, not sugary at all.

after 10 minutes: fruit candy...and it's fading soon :P

after 30 minutes: still fading and it may seem pink grapefruit juice...as when you spill fruit juice on your clothing and you can smell it. Still delicate and nice, but it fades quickly :D

In the bottle: fruits, a bunch of them. Yum.

On me: Mango. Lots of it, with peach and melon in the background. This a lovely, cheerful scent that reminds me of sipping white sangria with my friends in the summertime. Definitely pursuing more of this! :P

Doesnt stay on for too long, but its not something i would wear as a perfume, really just as an aromatherapy type treatment. Wonderful.

In the imp: that's a *lot* of fruit. I can't identify much in the way of individual notes, it's just a big pile of juicy fruits.

On me, wet: slightly chewing-gum-ish multitudes of fruitiness. The strongest notes on me are citrus and cherry and mango, I think. My SO really likes this.

On me, dry: this is still very fruity. It's not as sweet as I was fearing - the sheer volume of notes stops any particular scent from taking over and making this too cloying.

Verdict: I think I want to keep this around. If you lie fruity scents, this really is going to be something you want to try.

The description pretty much says it all. This is Fruit City -- it's like standing in the middle of the fruit section at the Farmer's Market on a good day. Fresh on, I notice peach, melon, and a tang of citrus; later on, the citrus fades and the subtler aromas of apple, plum, and pear peek out a little more. This is a lovely spring and summer blend, but if you don't like fruity scents it's probably not for you. Staying power is moderate to good; after 8 hours it's still present, but after 12 it's pretty much gone. Definitely something I'll be wearing a lot during the hot weather!

Fruit Moon is beautifully blended. It smells like a delicious peach, guava, mango smoothie. I wish I could smell some of the other fruits, but it's very fresh and yummy so I can't complain!

I reaaallllyyy wanted this scent to work on me....

But on my skin it was all fruity children's chewable vitamins!Blegh!

Edited by GlowJob

Well spank my butt and call me a doofus. I clean wrote off Fruit Moon with no skin test. Bad Girl No BPAL! I feared fruit for a while, due to a few bad experiences with some fruit notes. But, as I have been learning, all fruit is not created equal. Fee is orgasmic, and it was the one which converted me. Yemaya continued to lubricate the slippery slope. So it inspired me to re-examine the Fruit Moon imp languishing beneath the Looney imp hoarde in my drawer of impage. Oh. My. GOD. It is sooo good. I'm such a dweeb for not skin testing it! It's perfect. It is only a hair less enjoyable to me than Fee. The lunar oil base is perfect... the melon-ness of it all is beautiful... the guava beneath sings. I just am in love. Sadly hard to find! Will try though.

5 out of 5. Delish.

This was a scent that I was SO unsure of in the bottle...

It reminded me of a sangria or fruit punch mix...

Wet on my skin I get...

Wow, so many smells!

Melon, peach...lemons, limes, oranges...

It's all there, and it's all combining beautifully!

It's sour, but sweet...

It's intense, but soft..

As it dries some of the softer smells like pear, plum, strawberry and raspberry become a little more prominant, but there is still a citrus zing to it.

My DOG even likes this smell, and kept trying to lick it off of me...

I NEED this in a large bottle.

bottle:

sweet fruit

wet:

a little melon, a little mango, peach… very sweet!

dry:

oh my all the fruits you can think of. Like that bubblegum in willy wonka! Sweet but not sickenly so, fresh. Waiter? I need a tiny paper umbrella for this drink!

overall:

I do like fruit, but I don't know if I LIKE like something this fruity. I mean I love this, but not sure I'd wear it often. We'll see!

rating: 7/10

This is a strong sugared fruits smell, of sweet to citrus fruits mixed in kiwi & cantaloupe fruit juice - I can't pick out the various fruits from sniffing the vial because of it's strength; but it's both sweet and sharp. It reminds me of tropical fruit cocktails! On my skin it mellows, and becomes softer and sweeter. The citrus fades and the sweetness comes out - it's fruity and sweet and sugary. Mmm.

Edited by kunoichi

fruitmoon.jpg

This is one lunacy I did not order and I am sorry I didn't. Yes, it is fruit and that subtle shot of Lunacy Juice, yes...fruit has been done before. But I love the bumptous interpretation of it all, a rowzing cascade of all kinds of good things. It kind of reminded me of Juicy Fruit gum when I first smelled it, but it settled into a more Beth blend of fruit smells. She never lets them get out of hand. Very nice. Very very nice.

Yes, that is Chiquita Banana, yes she is the trademark of the United Fruit Company. If they don't like the fact I have used her for my icon, they can come to my house and bite my ass.

A generous gimp from my Spring Swith Witch lexile! :P

Fruit and I have a very hit-and-miss relationship. While grapefruits and blood oranges get along well with my skin (meaning they smell like they ought), currants and lemons become cloyingly artificial/medicinal/yuck.

Luckily, this particular blend of a bazillion fruits seems to be all pluses!

This is beautifully blended. My nose isn't educated enough to pick out the lunar base blend, but it did manage to snag onto a fresh, juicy cantaloupe during the wet/drydown period.

This is incredibly sweet, but not sugary sweet like candy. This is a natural, fruity sweet. There's a bit of the Juicy Fruit gum thing going here, and a bit of the Flintstones Daily Vitamins, but not enough to get cloying or medicinal. This is a great nostalgic blend that doesn't tie in to any particular memories of my own, but seems to feel like it should evoke some long-past summer night anyway.

Lovely.

Fruit Moon - is of my favorite of the lunacies so far. This scent is chock full of fruitiness. It's a sweet scent, but not in the Jolly Rancher or Starburst way that some BPAL fruit scents tend to smell. This is just pure fruity loveliness! It lasts a good while on my skin, and while I haven't tried it in my hair yet, since most BPAL oils last longer in my hair than on my skin, I'll bet this will last all day in my hair with a few swipes of the wand. I first wore this in December, and I set it aside to wear more in the late-spring as the weather becomes warm and flowers start to bloom and a light, lovely fruit scent seemed more appropriate. Sure enough, it smells wonderful during this time late-spring/early-summer time of year.

mmmm...

Fruit Moon seems to love me! YAY!

I smell something similar to some fancy fruit juices you can get at the store smell like? The mixed up ones with exotic fruits in them... guava, papaya... It isn't too strong. Just right!

there is SOMETHING behind the fruit... something spicy. just a touch of it. Can't quite figure out what it is, though...

Fruit Moon was tropical punch the other times I tried it, but on my final test, before sending it off to a new home, it got rather damp, like soggy fruit. Musky fruit with some guava wandering about. Ah, well. It's a good thing it turned out so badly; otherwise I wouldn't have to miss it.

On me, this started off as overly sweet fruit doused liberally nail polish remover and didn't morph one little bit. From start to finish/fade away, fruit with nail polish remover. I don't do well with fruity sweet scents but was trying to expand my horizons when I purchased this as an imp from a forum member. I'm quite sure it's my body chemistry that's making this so yucky on me, I'm not blaming the blend. Onto the swap pile, and off to scrub my wrists.

This is a beautiful blend! I can't pick out any specific fruit notes, but it's definitely mostly fruit, with a background of a cool evening breeze. Lovely! It doesn't last very long or have much throw, but this is worth reapplying. I might also experiment with adding some perfumer's alcohol for improving the throw, but not sure about that since I only have one bottle and can't get more!

Of which I only managed to procure a half-imp decant through blatant begging... heh. :P

This is a big bowl of freshly cut fruits with a dash of sugar on top! In the imp, I'm getting citrus and berries and orchard fruits with a spice of exotics: kiwi and pomegranate and guava with just a breath of mango. On, this is peaches and pears and limes with kiwi and raspberries and strawberries over it. Oh my! Oh this is just... EDIBLE. I want to like my wrist, it smells so very lovely! This one is nice and vague, there's just so many different fruits and berries in this but the lunar oils are a nice light and airy base for this, which keeps it from getting overwhelming and is instead soft and whimsical and not the overwhelming foody scent it had the danger of being. It really does breathe fruit and berries and just hovers close to my skin, letting me just lap it up. YUMMY. This one just gets softer and softer but never loses an ounce of it's sweet conviction - even my mom commented that it was nice! It's such a tragedy that this was an LE... I'd love a nice big bottle of this (even though I have no idea when I'd wear it).

In the Imp: Fruit Salad!

Wet: Wet, sticky; with a hint of musk? This is the ultimate "to wear on a tropical island when I want my husband to nibble on me uncontrollably" scent.

Dry: Still wet, fruity and musky smelling only now there are some light flowery notes too.

I fear this blend might not have the staying power I'd like.

Throw: It's fairly good. I'd stay the throw actually gets better after a little time has passed. It's strongly fruity at first and you'd think that would make for some throw, but it doesn't seem to get it's distance on until the oil's been on for an hour or more. This could bode well for the length of wear.

Overall: I really love this, fruity, and just sweet enough without being sickly so. it's so summery and tropical, it goes fantastically with the breezy white skirt I decided to wear today. Plus, it does last a good bit of time!

For some strange reason though, it's reminding me of the sachet I bought in Harper's Ferry as a youngin'!

Edited by Galatea

I just adore this scent. I'm shocked I haven't gotten around to reviewing it earlier, because not only is it my birthday moon, I freaking love it. In the bottle and on me it is totally bubblegummy fruits. Tons and tons of fruit. I can distinguish melon, pineapple, maybe some mago, and there's loads of other things in there too. It's warm and summery and perfect to wear right now. This s a very tropical scent.

Overall, being the lover of fruity scents that I am, I think it's just perfect.