Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lilithlefay

Fruit Moon

The bountiful, bright and vivacious prelude to the Harvest. A horde of wet, ripe fruits: green apple, apricot, blackberry, black cherry, black and red currants, cantaloupe, English pear, guava, lemon and lime, orange, mandarin orange, kiwi and mango, passion fruit, papaya, Georgia peach, raspberry, plum, tangerine, pomegranate and strawberry over a luminous blend of lunar oils.

In the bottle, it reminded me of Fruit Punch. Once on, though, it became a little less sweet and more tangy. Not sour, exactly, but definitely a tangy edge to it. It was citric fruit without the overpowering sweetness I was expecting. Juicy and clear and fruity. Very nice!

It lasted fairly well (4 hours), and the throw was medium-strong. Like many fruits, I didn’t want to re-apply once it faded. It’s great for short-term enjoyment, but as I’ve discovered with many foody scents, as much as I love them, I don’t want to eat the same food all day, and I don’t want to smell the same fruit all day either.

The first fruit notes I can pick out are plum & melon (like others have said, to me it smelled much more honeydew than canteloupe), then I get some green apple. At first this stuff is strong, strong, strong! Then it goes through sort of an overripe, ferment-y stage, and ends up smelling like a fruity white wine, something you would drink with dessert. Two hours after application, it seems to be fading pretty fast. It's a really interesting scent, but I don't know how frequently I'll reach for it.

ETA: This scent gets a second wind! It was getting so faded that I stopped sniffing it, and then a couple hours later I noticed a warm, spicy berry scent on my wrists. There's no throw in this stage -- I had to bury my nose to smell it, but it sure smells nice!

Edited by Loligo

Fruit Moon

In the Bottle: I opened the bottle and could just imagine gummi bears dancing inside the bottle. That's exactly what Fruit Moon smells like to me-- gummi bears.

Wet: Sweeeeeeet gummi bears... :P The most pronounced note is the lime. I want to eat my arm.

Drydown: The lime is not so sharp anymore and instead I get just a medley of ripened, juicy fruits. It's an exciting fruity accord that's always evolving into something new.

Definitely one of my favorite BPAL's. :D

:P i love Fr00t Moon! :D

at first swipe it's all melon on me. true melon, not fake melon. true cantaloupe has a gorgeous floral like scent that lingers about it ever so delicately, and FM has that. later on some other fruits come out to play, and things like the tartness of pineapple and lime, and the sweet green of kiwi become present, but they are always accompanied by the sweet floral creamsicle coloring of the melon bearing them up and dancing all about them.

Fr00t Moon is Mi-Go's lighter little sister, is the Hanging Gardens in the blush of Spring before the figs overripen, and what i would have expected Pink Moon to smell like. and unlike many berry scents, it doens't go oversweet on me, and unlike some fig/date scents, it doen't go rotten fruit on me.

i love the Fr00t! :D

n.

Ok, I always considered myself a foodie-type person when it comes to perfume, but after trying Fruit Moon I think I have to qualify that by saying I am a bakery-foodie-type. Because pure fruits? Not so much the orgasmic experience I was expecting.

Which is not to say that this isn't very nice. It is. This is a super nice fruit salad, more tropical than anything, and though I definately can't pick out too many individual scents.

It also fades ridiculously fast and without something more to hold up the array of fruit, it's interesting but not engrossing.

I've learned that I have to try most scents twice to get a real idea of how they smell on me. The first time I wore Fruit Moon, it started out sour and ended up incredibly tangy, which made me very sad indeed. But trying it a second time, I fell in love.

In the bottle: MELON. Nothing else really comes through for me. Just lots and lots of melon.

On my skin: Still melon. As it dries, some other fruits peek through. Peach and pomegranate, something citrus. Lime, I think? It's adding a bit of tartness that balances out the sweetness of the other fruits. Overall the scent is just really lovely and fresh.

Fruit Moon

In the imp: FRUIT! Well, duh! But this is uber-fruit! I smell a cocktail of tropical fruit juice, pear, kiwi, mango, currants, peach and though I don't see it listed-melon!

Wet on skin: still fruity! I can now smell the berries, papaya and guava! It's amazingly authentic smelling, like spilling juice on your wrist!

Dry on skin: a veritable explosion of sheer fruitiness, lively and colourful, juicy and vibrant. It brings to mind this old French song I used to know about fruit salad. Yes that's right. Salade de fruit, jolie jolie, jolie…that's how it goes. This really is the ultimate fruit salad scent-I can smell apples, pears, peaches, mangoes, guavas, berries, kiwis, citrus fruits, plums, apricots, papaya, ripe figs, pomegranates, cherries, and melon. It's so complex and multi faceted, not flat at all-it has so many fruity dimensions.

After a while: now it reminds me of Mi-Go but with more fruit. There's also a non-fruity note I can make out here, almost a soft floral-this could be the lunar oil scent. This particular blend of lunar oils, whatever they are, is gorgeous.

Verdict: this is the epitome of fruit scents. The total antithesis of the calorie laden, super-sweetened, overindulgent (but still delicious) Gluttony-Fruit Moon is filled with health and vitality. It's bright, sunny and bouncy, filled with an uplifting and very genuine smelling blend of fruits which is never flat or bland or artificial smelling, and the drydown is a smooth sweet fruit scent with just a hint of something lunar. I love it and I think this will be fantastic for summer.

Yowza! It's like Hawaiian Punch! I love that stuff, but I wasn't sure I would like smelling like it. Oh, I was so wrong! The sweet melody of fruits play across the skin, and as time goes on, different fruit notes come out to dance. The pear is one of the first notes I picked up on. In some ways, it also smells like Juicy Fruit gum. I definately like this. :P

At first MELON and oh no...Blue moon!

But as soon as it touch my skin, the melon fades and there are the berries, yum, I love berry scents. It has a lot of throw, because i am walking with a colleque outsite and she said, oh some thing in the air smells nice!

I was hoping to find some banana it this, but the way it is now is lso good, as long as the Blue moon smell doesn't come back!

I got my bottle of Fruit Moon!

In the bottle it smells like mellon and some kind of tropical fruit, like starfruit. It's sweet and tangy and juicy all at once.

On my skin, it's the same, but more of the fruits come out to play. It's like a big bowl of fruit salad, but not plain fruit salad, something with tropical fruit in it. The melon is there, but I also smell something like kiwi, pomegranate, and mango maybe, and after that my nose gives up trying to identify it all. It's very sweet, but it has an prickly astringency to it that I like.

As it dries, it lightens, and the lunar oils float softly in the background of this scent.

I really like this scent, but I don't know if I'd actually wear this scent. I'm waffling back and forth on whether to keep it or not. I keep sniffing it, putting it in the swap box, and taking it out. I don't know why I'm so ambivalent about this, since I really like the scent.

Fruit Moon

in bottle: tart lemon and sweet melons and berries

wet: same

dry: gone! fades into nothing after less than an hour

verdict: I love it, but it fades too quickly

Snagged an Imp of this off a co-habitant of the LJ alchemylab. My first Lunar oil, yay! I'm a fruit fiend, too, so I've got high hopes.

In the vial: Whoa. The fruitiest fruit that ever fruited... almost bubble-gum or candy-like, it's so strong and sweet. Not artificial smelling, excatly, just.... concentrated! I can smell apple and lemon and orange and pear and kiwi and peach and lots of tropicals I can't pick out individually. I'm loving this.

Wet: I want to slather this, but since I only have an Imp I'll be sparing. But what a fabulous berry-and-melon explosion. There's definitely something non-fruity underneath, too, giving it a little base.... must be the "lunar oils", whatever those are. It's very heady while still being cooling and fresh-- almost like one of those drinks with the umbrellas in it.

Dry: It's starting to fade already, but that's okay. I think all the fruits have evened out at this point, because I can't pick out anything individually any more. Just fruit. This is absolutely gorgeous-- I may need to hunt down a bottle for next summer.

In the bottle - Watermelon and strawberries, other fruit as well, but these are the only two that stand out.

Wet on me - The watermelon and strawberry still stand out, but the apple is also making a stand.

Dry on me - Ok, so I looked at the description and what I thought was watermelon is presumably cantaloupe. The scent stays pretty true to its wet state, which is nice enough, but I'm a little sad that my skin didn't see fit to introduce me to the rest of that riot of fruit.

ooh, this is SO NICE in the imp. Like sitting down to a huge fresh fruit salad. I want to drink the imp. Someone stop me from drinking this.

A little too fruity for my skin, but damn, is the imp fun to smell! Its all watermelon, guava, apple, and kiwi on me.

In the bottle: Um. FRUIT. It's hard to pick out which kind - I definitely get berries, and maybe something less acidic - bananas? I don't even know if banana is one of the fruits in the scent! Sweet, but fresh and not overpowering OR fake. It's nice.

Wet: After a few minutes it kind of gets a little...Victorian. I don't know how to explain it except that is smells like this knick-knack shop I used to frequent in my hometown, back when I was obsessed over Victoriana. Nice, but a little more room-scenty than person-scenty. Still, it's actually quite sophisticated for being so FRUITY.

Drydown: Whatever note that was making that Victorian-shop smell come back to me has faded, and dried to a nice fruity sweetness. This will be great for summer. It's quite light, though; faded on me after only about 3 hours.

Wet: Reminds me of overripe melons, with a hint of grapefruit.

Drydown: Um, the same, but lighter...Mr Oro loves it on me, but I'm not all that fond of it...

Oro

Fruit Moon makes me happy. I know it's the middle of December, but I'm wearing it right now and it's inspiring me to write a review.

In the bottle it's fruit on steroids, very in-your-face. Once on, it expands into this round, luscious bowl of tropical yumminess. A little citrus, maybe a tang of lime and orange that burns off quickly, leaving mostly--for me--peach and melon and a bright, indiscernible tropical aroma--Hawaiian Punch, but with more depth. This is heady--I swear I could almost get high off of this :P

The drydown is a little unexpected as my skin starts to turn it into something close to Blood Rose for some reason. I can't imagine there's any dragon's blood in here, but that's what I'm getting. Maybe there is, since dragon's blood loves me and I love it right back, amping it up to high heaven--so it wouldn't take much.

I love Fruit Moon; wet, dry, whatever. Need more. Maybe a lifetime supply.

Edited by Inanna9

This is nice but not nice enough to make me want to keep it. I can't really distinguish any of the fruits in it except for the peach and maybe melon. It is a real fruit cocktail and it did last quite a while on my skin.

In the imp: Wow! Bubblegum, soft, pink in abundance! Can't pick out any specific fruit scents.

On me wet: Tropical forest fruits, papaya strong, pineapple, MANGO! Still a little bubblegum, but Bubblicious. Mmm, tropical goodness!

On me dry: Still a lovely guava-papaya-mango scent, softer and softer and still like fruity bubblegum. Oh wow that's beautiful!

Category: FRUIT

Rating: 4.5/5, Perfection in fruit scents

Overall: I would wear this when I want to seem younger or more innocent. This would be perfectly blended with white musk and a deep resin. Would wear it once a month or so, experimenting with blending different oils. Very beautiful.

Oooh, I'm so glad I was able to get my hands on this. The fruits are so perfectly blended; every now and then something specific will pop up (peach, raspberry, apple, orange are what I remember most), but for the most part it's just a fabulous medley of all my favorite fruits. Fruit Moon doesn't have much throw on me, but dear Lord, it lasts for hours. I put it on yesterday before leaving for work, and 15 hours later I could still smell it as I went to bed.

I'll say at the get-go that I dislike most fruit-y fragrances.

I am trying to keep an open mind because I normally detest aquatic notes and I LOVE Sea of Glass :P So ~ I am going to test this one, anyway.

In the Imp ~ This smells dry and medicinal to me. No fruit. Just antibiotic medicinal. Odd that.

Wet ~ Dry fruits.

I was right.

I really, really dislike this.

Smells of medicine to me. Fruity antibiotics.

:D

*goes to wash it off*

In the vial: Fruit!

Wet: Apples, pear.

Drydown: Peach, a hint of berries, and there's something else, something vaguely floral. Very pretty so far. Sort of a "cheer me up" scent.

Dry: Now I smell more of the tropical fruit. This is a very happy fragrance, much nicer than I expected it to be. I usually don't like fruit-y perfumes.

Later: This perfume loves my chemistry. The next morning, it was still there. Gorgeous! Fruit Moon is Happiness in a Bottle.

Edited by merebrillante

First sniff: fr00t m00n!!1!!!11! It smells like those gummi LifeSavers! I haven’t a clue how this is going to behave on my skin, but the vial-scent just makes me laugh.

Wearing: The scent on me is more of a tropical-fruit thing than anything I recognise as berry or citrus or apple. It’s all mangoey papayaey guavaey goodness. Once again, I find myself wanting to find a tea that tastes like this smells. :P

In the bottle: fruits, oh my, so many fruits! I can smell slightly acidic notes like pear and lemon and kiwi, and berries... it smells like a wonderful tropical drink.

Wet: The dreaded aquatic note of doom. But through it, I can smell passion fruit and berries (reminds me of my "Passionberry" Body Shop lip gloss)...

Drydown: The aquatic note has lifted a bit, thank goodness, and I'm left with a mix of... apple or pear, and something tangy, maybe kiwi or raspberry. But it morphs, sometimes I can smell the pomegranate note, and the passion fruit, and plum, and grapefruit - wow!

Overall: Exactly what it promises to be, a cascade of fruits! It reminds me of the Hanging Gardens, with a more exotic and fun twist. And I think it's really lovely, yum! It ends on a pomegranate, plum and raspberry note, on me, and has some lasting power. I'm not sure I would wear this regularly, but it's really a fun ride, like a fruit roller-coaster, an excellent pick-me-up for a boring/depressing day.

at first: holy cow! tons of fruits. this is amazing.

on: tons of fruits. very busy and cluttered, but in a good way.

1 hour later: still a sweet mix of fruits. beautiful and fun.

1.5 hours later: all sorts of fruits: citrus, sweet, acidic, mellow, etc. lovely.

3 hours later: the melons are coming out more now, but there's still a cacophony of fruits.

overall: this is a really fun scent. i'm definitely going to try and get a bottle of it.