Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lilithlefay

Fruit Moon

The bountiful, bright and vivacious prelude to the Harvest. A horde of wet, ripe fruits: green apple, apricot, blackberry, black cherry, black and red currants, cantaloupe, English pear, guava, lemon and lime, orange, mandarin orange, kiwi and mango, passion fruit, papaya, Georgia peach, raspberry, plum, tangerine, pomegranate and strawberry over a luminous blend of lunar oils.

I am so bad at picking out notes but here is my best try.
Wet on the skin: Guava!!! mango, kiwi, papaya...it is so juicy and smells like a tropical salad. I don't smell the lemon, it actually reminds me of some really fruity tropical drink.
Drydown: It keeps the same scent as when I first applied it but it isn't as strong, it has lightened up a little, but still sooo juicy and ripe. Definately a nice summery fragrance. I'm starting to smell a little more of peach, but I would say the dominant notes that come out on my skin are the guave, papaya, mango, and some apricot. This isn't a real citrusy fragrance, I can't smell the lemon or orange at all, it is the tropical fruits that really seem to blossom. Wow can I be any more repetitive?

So umm that is all for now because I am horrible at writing reviews!!!!

In the Bottle: First don't take this wrong but this one does next to nothing for me in the bottle my first thought is of something slightly rotten or sour. Its not horrible but it almost put turned me off to it but there was no way I would pass up FRUIT!

There is also fruits in here but I am unsure what there is.

First on: Ok first on this afternoon and a little now again I get an off scent (again slightly sour or something) but I know that it will pass (almost immediatly) and it does. First thing that hits is a lovely citrus espeacially lime scent. Then I get apricot, pomegranate, oh my god so many wonderful fruits rushing at me Yummy!!!!

Dry down: The scents are becoming a fruit salad like your grandma would never make! This is exotic deliciously ripe fruits, mango, papaya, passion fruit and still that delicious very light touch of citrus.

Overall: Ok I still hate having to remark on my inital thoughts on this scent but thought I should be honest. But in the end this is a PERFECT fruit scent. Its never overbearing or fake smelling. It is pure delicious!!!

Note: Interesting I put some on my clothing and wow did the citrus jump up to the foreground I almost thought I had mixed some Detox with it.

In the bottle: Very fruity--mostly melons and citrus, but I'm a little scared because something smells a little over ripe. That is what happened to me with Forbidden Fruit--it smelled like rotting fruit on me.

Wet, on my skin: Mmmmmm! Very nice! Very fruity, but I can smell the slightly minty lunar oils beneath the surface. This is totally what I had hoped Mi-Go Brain Canister would be!!! :P

On drydown: Still very fruity. Delicious, juicy exotic fruity goodness. Dripping down your chin, ripe juiciness. If I had received this earlier in the summer, it would have been my everyday scent. But then again, I probably would have been constantly attacked by bees! Yummy!

Melon! Mango! Fruit Fruit Fruit! Its pure fruit, and nothing else. It reminds me of the mango flavored mexican candies. Its nice, and since I bought it for my sweetie, I might need to get an imp from her.

The first word that comes to mind when I wear this is "Lush fruit" just like the description states. I really can't pick out any specific note and the lunar oils are not particularly strong in this. This is quite lovely and I'm enjoying it very much. This really fades on me also. It starts out with a small bang, but fades quickly. This requires frequent applciations and lots of oil on me. This is done very well.

what a beautiful fruit scent! i was afraid at first that it would smell like kool-aid because that's what i got from sniffing the bottle, but it smells like delicious fruits on my skin. :P

In the bottle: Fruit Moon smells, to me, like a fruity candy. It's sweet and sour and perky!

On my skin: The first thing I smell is melon - the cantaloupe in the description. As it dries down, the cantaloupe remains one of the most distinct notes, but I see it as sort of a base just because to my nose it smells like there's a whole jumble of fruit jumping around on top of it. :D There's a whole slew of fruity smells, and it's hard to pick out individual notes, but I think I can discern the pomegranate, strawberry, peach, and the passion fruit (or maybe that's the guava, or maybe both.) There's a tingley top(?) note that might be the kiwi, too.

All in all, I really like Fruit Moon. I'm not sure whether I'll be able to use the whole bottle - there are only so many days I want to smell quite this perky and fruity! But I love it for what it is, if that makes sense, even if it isn't me most days.

It has inspired me to eat some gummi bears, and I bet it will smell better than the smoothie I'm planning to make later on. :P

Fruit Moon

Fruit Moon is delicious. Chock full o' fruit, it is. In the bottle, I smell melon, lemon, mango, pomegranate, kiwi, and lime. It actually smells a bit like tropical fruit Starbursts. Maybe the pale green ones? Anyway, it's wonderful. Dries down to a raspberryish scent. :P

In Bottle: Fruity gum

On Skin: The tropical fruits seem strongest: guava, mango, papya, it smells like a tropical Starburst candy. Wow, yeah this is the fruitiest scent I’ve ever smelled, I am craving a big fresh fruit salad. It is quite busy and complex, very sweet but the scents seem to meld together making it hard to identify single notes. Super fresh, super sweet and super strong. Mmm… there’s the melon and peach… I love this. I’m a little worried to wear it as a scent in the Fall since it’s so Spring/Summer like, but I think it would be a nice pick-me-up room scent.

In bottle: So much fruit! Berries! Citruses! Plum! Peach! Melon! Every fruit you can think of is stirred together in this blend; it is the juiciest fruit salad in the world. It sings and dances in the bottle.

On me: On the skin, guava, papaya, passion fruit, and other tropical notes are the strongest. The berries retreat to the background, the cherry and pear seem to vanish. The citruses are still present, as are the rambunctious plums and peaches and kiwi - mango is surprisingly distinctive, I must add - and everything seems energetic and giggling. It reminds me of the Jello and Fruit Salad concoctions my grandmother made when I was younger. Her creation contained green and red jello, lychee, maraschino cherries, and canned peaches. This scent brings that creation back to my mind instantly.

Sweet jebus, this is a haaaaaaaaaappy smell. Guava, melon, passionfruit, pears & (dang, that would make a wonderful smoothie. It's clean fruity though, not cloying or oppressive.

Ahem. Now...

In the bottle ~ bright & fruity. Tropical fruit salad in a good way.

On ~ full bodied, ripe, but not smothering. A good deal of throw, stays light & refreshing. Is there a touch of pale musk in there somewhere? At the end of the day, there's a warm sweet musky sort scent in there somewhere.

In the bottle

Did I mention that "Fruity" is one of my favorite categories? :P

Smells like a cornicopia of fruit.

I smell more melon...Mmm.

I see bright pink, bright yellow and a dusky rose and apricot color.

On

So smooth, not as acidic as you'd think, mostly because of the melon I think. It's bright and cheery and so yummy.

30 minutes

Smells like Akuma or Yerevan or Yemeya or actually a mix of all three. :D

I smell more melon, berries and peach. Yum.

It's got better than average staying power as well.

Throw:

A bit more than average.

Scent category:

Fruity

Summary

There's citrus in here but citrus is not a prevalant scent, I'm getting more of a melon and raspberry scent. Lovely.

Purchase again?

Yes! a 10ml

1-5 rating (5 being best)

Edited by UltraViolet

In the bottle: Oh, god, that smells good. Mango and papaya definitely. Also more of the berry fruits. This smells delicious. Like a wonderful mixed drink or something.

Wet: Orange as well as the mango still. And currants. With the strawberries as well, I think. Gosh, there's just so much in it. :P It smells like Starburst, that's what it is.

Dry down: Very tropical on me. Mostly the mango, papaya, guava and maybe the tangerine. This isn't nearly as complex as I thought it would be. Rather than smelling like a host of fruits, I'm kinda left as a Starburst candy. Something under it. Maybe the currant. Has a slightly astringent smell to it. Oh, no, probably the orange. Orange does that to me. Apple as well. Yeah, unfortunately, the apple has decided to come out, turn into nail polish remover and ruin the rest of the scent. At least temporairly.

Dry: Tropical fruits over the nail polish remover scent. Not the best combo in the world but not as terrible as possible. Pineapple? But there isn't any in here. No, it's the foul apricot, which also hates me. Maybe the pear, too. Why are the evil fruits coming out? Well, that died down. I do smell like a smoothie, though. Mostly the guava. I don't know. I don't love it, but I'm not sure about it yet.

In the bottle it is very fruity - mostly with a tropical feel and maybe a cherry underlying. And on that doesn't change. It is still fruity sweet, but it is not artificial sweet - it's very realistically fruity. It has a good throw and a bit strong. It is yummy, and I would love to eat it, but I'm not sure I want to smell like this on a regular basis.

Edited by korshka

First impression: melons melons melons! Hmm.

Once it's on: melon & a bit of pomegranate. Not quite as berryish as I was hoping for, but it seems to darken a little with time. It's always a very happy smell, but as it dries I can smell maybe the raspberries or currants.

Overall, much lighter & more ... cantaloupey than I usually care to smell like, but good for carefree outings or relaxing days off. Maybe wearing this will help that sort of day happen more often! :P

A cacophany of luscious fruits! :P First come the apple, cantalope, blackberry and current, with mango and papaya in the background. The strawberry peeps out soon after, with the barest hint of citrus and plum. The drydown is sweet but mellow and creamy, a cozy little marriage of notes.

This blend surprised me; I was not expecting a scent so multifaceted :D it's not so much a fruit bowl as a lil fireworks display or parade of fruits. To anyone who loves Yemaya or Mi-Go Brain Cannister (the fruity base, not the florals), you'll prolly love this one :D

This is an unbelievably fruity blend, which is wonderful because I love fruit!! I was initially concerned about the presence of lemon, since that note goes haywire on my skin. However, since there were TONS of other fruit notes in here, I'd hoped it would get drowned out.

And it so did, yay!

On me, this blend is melon, tropical fruits, and berries. There's the barest hint of citrus, but it's not strong at all. I love love love it! It is a very happy, frolicky blend though, and I'm not sure how often I'd wear it. It's such a summery blend.

Wonderful. :P

insanely and wickedly fruity~~fresh cantalope and melon and berries with a touch of creaminess to round it out....

what i love most about fruit moon is the fact that it is not "too sweet"...she's more like a fruit cup with sophistication...gorgeous :P

This is wonderful bursting, ripe blend. It smells like fruit that is begging to be eaten, fruit that is at its peak and bursting with juices. I've been wanting a Goblin Market blend, but this might as well be it.

In the bottle, it kind of smells like Hawaiian punch - an unidentifiable fruit melange. It's best experienced on the skin and in the air. I can definitely smell melon, but also peach and currant and the sharpness of berries. For a little more sophistication, it layers wonderfully with Snake Oil, but you probably already knew that.

I can't believe I hesitated about ordering this. I like it a lot.

Fruit Moon is undeniably fruity, which for me, is usually a good thing.

At first sniff, however, I realize that it smells entirely too much like Flower Moon (and therefore Mi Go Brain Canister) to ever go near my skin.

Meh…

My luck is taking a decided turn with the last few LE’s.

My Impression:

Oh such lovely fruity goodness. I disagree with the previous review about Hawian Punch as the smell of that makes me nautious. The most prominent note that I get is the melon and the papaya and apple as well. On a scale of 1-5...4+ :P

Whoever said multi-faceted fruit bowl is not lying!

THANKYOU FOR NOT MAKING THIS ALL BERRIES AND CITRUS.

Ahem.

There are no fruit notes in this blend that turn rancid or plasticy on me, and I am thrilled.

Wet, it smelled like pure honeydew melon.

Now I can smell papaya, kiwi, pineapple, melon, and grapes. All fresh but as if they have been hanging out together on a warm day.

smells like peaches and water melon in the bottle

wet: pure unadulturated watermellon

it smells like i imagine a watermelon single note would smell. i don't get anything else. good thing i love watermelon

I feel like this is something that, if it had been described in a fantasy book as some kind of marvelous magical potion, I would have gone mad with the desire for it. When I first read the description of that incredible rainbow bouquet of fruits, I thought like my head would explode...just looking at the names of all of those fruits summons up a vision of a juicy jewel-colored paradise.

Every single time I open this up I get a different fruit. It is an ever-changing thing, this magic potion. First honeydew melon, then pineapple (which isn't even listed, I don't think!), then lime, ahh then there's something that I think is passion fruit or maybe mango -- mostly orange and golden colored fruit, with some pale green. I don't get a lot of berries, but sometimes they pop up...a wee bit of crackling fizzy sourness into the mix.

It's very much like the fruity components of Mi-Go, just like Flower Moon reminded me of the floral components of that blend. But I much prefer fruits to flowers, so this will work a lot better for me. I can see this being a regular favorite in the spring and summer months, so it's a shame that it will be a few months before I get to put it to regular use.

It has pretty good staying power but it's really the most exciting in the bottle and in the early stages, so this would be one to refresh regularly as it loses its oomph after about an hour. Right now it's so unbearably humid outside that I am probably not getting a good feel for how this would work in, say, April or May when I'd be the most likely to wear it.

This is the thing to get if ever you wanted to open a bottle and be surprised with a different fruit every time you sniffed. It's truly magical and wonderful. While it's probably not my favorite lunacy blend overall (Buck Moon is looking like a fave right now), I haven't had a lot of luck with finding lunacy blends that I wanted to keep more than one imps' worth of so I'm glad that this is a "keeper" for me. I can't wait to use it in the spring!