Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
thelaurenator

Campfires, bonfires, fireplaces, burning wood and leaves...

The names of the moons used to be announced, but we've run out of names. The series is going to be continued, however. We just have no idea what they're going to be called, iirc.

One of the new dragon blends, Tanin'iver, is supposed to smell smoky.

Also, not an oil, but Femaledictions' Tea Time incense is very autumnal and burning-leafy.

Edited by oakmoss

I'm anxious for my bottle of Minotaur to get here - I can't take heavy smoke in a blend, but I'm hearing that it adds a gorgeous nuance to Minotaur. So it may well be a great addition to the blends in this thread!

A Stranger in Camp starts out as juicy evergreen on me, but morphs into campfire smoke after about ten minutes.

oooo goody--I am glad to see this thread. I have always always always wanted something that smells like a cold morning camping in the mountains of Utah....sort of forest-y, autumnal and like a fireplace....i will have to check some of these out, and maybe layer some things, too....apples always remind me of those camping trips, too, so maybe some appley goodness...

I wouldn't really wear it, I would probably use it as a home scent, though...

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Priala yet! It's very smoldering fire; very dry and crackling.

I decided to try my decant when I saw Jessiesquash's post and on my skin, it is definitely the case. The cinnamon is strong initially, but backs down and the burning ember smell comes forward. I'm a huge fan of bonfire scents and I love this.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Priala yet! It's very smoldering fire; very dry and crackling.

I decided to try my decant when I saw Jessiesquash's post and on my skin, it is definitely the case. The cinnamon is strong initially, but backs down and the burning ember smell comes forward. I'm a huge fan of bonfire scents and I love this.

Yay another Priala fan! Isn't she gorgeous! I was so surprised too. I figured the cinnamon would overwhelm but it really doesn't.

oooo goody--I am glad to see this thread. I have always always always wanted something that smells like a cold morning camping in the mountains of Utah....sort of forest-y, autumnal and like a fireplace....i will have to check some of these out, and maybe layer some things, too....apples always remind me of those camping trips, too, so maybe some appley goodness...

I wouldn't really wear it, I would probably use it as a home scent, though...

definitely definitely definitely try the hesperides... it is apple and woody goodness. it's very autumnal and outdoorsy, i think it'd be just what you're looking for.

Have any of the rest of you tried Emzebel's Chaos? (Chaos Theory III No. LXXXV)

To me it's beautifully burning paper. She gets burning leaves. Whatever your take on it, it's definite burns-ville and I *heart* it big time -- for originality as well as general good scents. :P

She's got another imp of it available on her sales thread and I'm shooting my self in the foot telling you (because I want it all to myself) but it's primo burning time.

IF you're into that sort of thing, sicko pyro. :D

Give it a whirl and tell the thread what you think.

Fallen. It turns into fire, embers and then ash on me. Strangest morph yet, as it starts out floral.

A Stranger in Camp starts out as juicy evergreen on me, but morphs into campfire smoke after about ten minutes.

I have to agree, the smokiness of Stranger in Camp is fantastic. On me the evergreen lingers for maybe a bit more, and there is always a green freshness to the smokiness. Very much a summer campfire scent :D :P

so it's discontinued now but i have to mention ace of pentacles. on me it smells like a campfire in an evergreen forest. smokey, gritty and ashy with fresh evergreen. mmm.

I've gushed about it elsewhere, but will repeat that Stranger in Camp is my Ultimate summery bonfire/woods scent.

Now I'm considering what to get for my dark/smoky/autumnal leaves equivalent. In other words, whoever has tried them, please give me your opinion, it might help me decide about the present Halloweenies! How similar/different are they, in scent, mood, etc?

So my choices are:

. October

. The Twisted Oak Tree

. The Death of Autumn (because khus/vetiver is fantastic for that decaying leaves touch)

I was considering getting Samhain and Samhainophobia, but I don't know, I have imps of them that I don't use that often, and I don't know if I would need entire bottles, especially if one of the above three fills the niche.

Savvy?

Halp?

Edited by Browneyes

I don't have my Halloween order yet (I was a little later than the crowd getting it plotted and ordered) so I don't have an answer for you, Browneyes - but I do have all three of those coming. I will make a mental note to come back and check to see if anyone's responded, and give you my take on them.

Samhain soap from the Trading Post has a fabulous campfire smoke note in it, to my nose... so I am speculating that this year's version of Samhain, the perfume, has it too. So it's gone on my wishlist! I would love to hear any comments about it here - I am off to read reviews.