Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
blackrayne

Al-Shairan

In the imp: peach, orange, and a bit of clove

Wet: clove, cinnamon, orange

Dry: I'm getting a potpourri scent (the kind you get around the holidays) that others have mentioned now. 

Overall it's not a bad scent, but I don't think I would purchase a full size

When I opened the imp, I was hit with a wave of clove, oranges, and cinnamon. It gives very holiday-season-incense vibes. When I put it on my skin, it got suuuuuuuper earthy, which would be the spices and the patchouli. Just enough orange remained to remind me of an orange pomander tea I once had.  Drying down, I start to smell like Big Red gum as the orange fades off. It ends with a very heavy, intense, spiced scent that would be lovely in a diffuser around the holidays but, unfortunately, isn't for me.

In the imp I get a dark spiced incense with a bit of earthy patchouli. The fruit doesn't come out for me until application and even then is very faint. The clove really takes off for me as it dries, becoming a smoldering clove incense. If I sniff deeply I can get a hint of orange underneath.

This imp is so old that it has begun to crystallize! It is resinous for sure, but also sweet. There is cinnamon & spices being sold in a desert market. And yet I'm getting a hint of pine as it dries... This is nice but not nice enough to be a keeper for me. More of a spice cabinet than a perfumery.

I was so excited to try this!! The notes are beautiful but it's not completely as i thought; it IS very spicy, warm; a reddish orange. The patchouli for me here is far in the background, the insence way in the front. The peach and orange swirl around the incense, adding a strong zingy waft to it. I'm learning today that peach is not that nice on my skin (booo), but it has a lot of things that work!

Agree with the comparison to potpourri earlier.