Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The scent of loss, love and the echo of time without end: sorrowful violet and chamomile with muguet, white geranium, calla lily and tea rose with a hint of autumn leaves.

I expected this to be all rose, but on first application, this is chamomile and lily. Pretty! There's a hint of smoke behind it, the crackle of leaves underfoot, and the less-sweet violet blooming over time. This is a cool, wistful scent on me. It doesn't disappear quickly, as I would have predicted. Instead, it lingers. It feels unrequited. It's beautiful. Edited by Shollin

I like the chamomile in this a lot; it's really softening up the florals. Right at the very beginning it smelled soapy to me, but that went away in a few minutes.

It reminds me of an elderly woman who still takes the time and energy to take care of herself, even when she can't move as easily as she used to, and even though sometimes she's in pain. She still takes her bath and dusts herself with powder that smells pretty and does her hair. This is a scent she would choose -- something soft, feminine, and lovely, something that perhaps reminds her of her youth. It's a wistful and nostalgic scent.

In The Bottle: Calla Lily, leaves, White geranium, and something strikingly green, I'm almost afraid to say Carnation.

On skin, wet: Green topnote, no clue what it is, but it's sharp. Chamomile, Calla lily, and something vaguely powdery, I think that's the violet. No roses yet.

Initial Drydown: Violet, Chamomile, and finally the tearose. Green topnote is gone, thank goodness.

Medium to final Drydown: Violet, and, very creamy geranium. Leaves are gone. This is a strong scent. My desk is surrounded with a cloud of Ephemera.

I like this, but it's not an everyday scent. It's very strong and has strong throw, I'd be nervous wearing this to work, but, it's an excellent feminine scent for special occasions.

Ephemera is almost too like its name on me. At first it's the loveliest herby floral. Then after about fifteen minutes it's just gone. This is one that would be worth slathering if it wouldn't take practically an entire imp to keep it on for a day.

In the bottle: Chamomile and rose dominate to my nose. I smell a wisp of the violet in there too.

Wet: Oh, there's the calla lily. The rose is still there but somehow I also get a strong scent of apple? A cup of apple flavored chamomile tea sitting on a bed of lilies and roses. The violet has sort of vanished.

Dry: Same as wet, only older and sweeter. Like everything has withered and dried. Makes me think of yellowed books with hand-tinted illustrations, cluttered shelves and vases full of dried bouquets from lovers long dead, tea in the parlor of a widowed aunt.

first sniff: Flowers. I'm afraid they were mostly jumbled together in my nose the morning I tried this. I catch the violet and the muguet, and a bit of the chamomile.

wet: The muguet has jumped to the front, but the violet is vying for attention. And I think I smell tea rose hanging in the background. No sign of the leaves, yet.

dry: This actually reminds me of what my back issues of Victoria magazine from the early 1990s smell like - I have no idea how many notes from all those perfume samples made them smell like they do, but I like the result. The mix of floral scents are rich and beautifully blended. This is what I'll reach for if I have to attend an important "society" function. :P

In the imp: This is all chamomile and geranium, with a hint of the tea rose (which I reconigze from London).

Wet: This is interesting, as all the florals are sorting themselves out in terms of strength. The scent is very discordant right now.

Drydown and wear: The scent dries down quickly and becomes very light. On my skin, the calla is the dominant floral, and I can barely pick up on the tea rose and I can't detect the violet at all. At no point in trying on the blend did I pick up on the autumn leaves note. This goes away on my skin very quickly.

In the imp and wet on the skin, this smells like soft florals with a hint of spice. This is a soft, quiet scent, pretty and refined. The flowers are soft – I can barely smell the rose but it’s there. I have a love-hate relationship with rose and I’m happy to say the other flowers temper the rose so there is just a whisper. There’s a herbal aspect to this scent and I’m having a hard time identifying the other flowers. It doesn’t last long and remains soft, gentle and sweet. It’s nice, not something that I’d reach for on a regular basis, but I’ll hold onto any imps that come my way.

Hmm. This reminds me of when I grew different herbs and plants in my room (I'm thinking the chamomile reminds me most?) Once it dries, I smell more rose and chamomile than anything.

It's really pretty and soft. I was surprised that I liked it. I'm thinking this is what I'll wear once the sun starts coming out more.

In the bottle: Florals... geranium, muguet... I'm not sure what else.

Wet: geranium and another floral, violet coming through. I get whiffs of muguet, too.

Drydown: Leaves! Sorrowful falling leaves. Violet comes back out, as well as muguet. I think that there's a backdrop of rose, somewhere in there. After a while it starts smelling like what I call toilet cleaner, which is in fact chamomile - it must have been in a deodorant spray I used to have.

Overall: I like the leaves part, but I realise that I don't like chamomile so much, it gives an "old lady" touch to the blend, on me. I would have also liked to see some other florals come out a bit more, like the muguet and rose. Very meh.

I got this from the forum, actually. Thanks, Ah Xia!

In the bottle: I can definitely smell the autmn leaves, the rose and lily. There's a bit of a vinegary scent too, which reminds me of autumn rot. Strong, unusual, and lovely because it is unusual.

On me: Autumn leaves really come out and the vinegar softens a bit to the scent of, naturally, apples. Something sweet about it, too. Something rainy and autumnal. The only downside is that it fades pretty quickly on me. :P

Conclusion: It is very lovely. Glad I took the risk and bought the bottle. This is definitely one I'll keep.

Very clean and white, a soft, pretty floral for people who don't want anything too overpowering. Smells a little bit (barely) like soap, but in a very good way (like Crabtree and Evelyn, almost). Good for the summer or anytime you don't want a heavy scent. Hard to smell unless you stick your nose right up in it, but I'll still use my imp. I'd give it a 3/5.

In the imp- Sweet and delicious. There is something jasmine-like in the scent, I think it must be the muguet?

Wet-The rose is a little more prominent on my skin when wet, and the lily a little harder to discern. Geranium is one of my favorite scents, but I don't pick that up either.

Dry-Ah, sweet and soft. The rose fades some, allowing whispers of geranium to peep through. I don't get the autumn leaves smell at all. As it fades it smells more like downy fabric softener or floral soap.

I do like it and will use my imp until it is gone, though I am not sure I would buy a big bottle.

I am not a floral person so I didn't have high hopes for this one. However I don't mind lily and I do like violet, although it does tend to go soapy on me.

Wet it was surprisingly lovely. Sweet floral with something almost fruity. As it dried the violet got stronger, plus a sharper note emerged which my nose immediately said was lavender. Of course that's not a listed note so I'm assuming it's the chamomile or the autumn leaves. But whatever it is my brain wants to interpret it as lavender - which I hate.

Not for me I'm afraid, although it was surprisingly lovely for the first 5 minutes or so!

this is decidedly unpleasant. i must be allergic to something in it because as soon as i sniffed my wrist my eyes teared up, and not because the scent was so terribly wistful or melancholy. smells very generic-floral to my unsophisticated nose. i do like that "autumn leaves" note, whatever that is!

This started out as all geranium all the time. As it dried the muget came out and mellowed the geranium. It eventually turned into a heady, rich floral, but I couldn't get passed the geranuim enough to like it.

In the imp: Varnish

On Skin: Lemony plastic

On Drydown: Sharp pungent floral, with a citrus edge.

Verdict: Not for me. I thin the violet is what gives it such sharpness.

Ephemera combines some of my favourite floral notes - violet, muguet, rose... needless to say, I was very much looking forward to it.

Unfortunately, it was not meant to be. As soon as it touched my skin, Ephemera turned soapy, which is not something that happens often with my chemistry. It was not an aggressively sharp soapy scent however, thanks to, I believe, the chamomile which toned it down a notch.

True to its name, Ephemera faded quickly and was gone in a matter of hours.

I like this one. I'm not good at picking out notes at all, but it is a sweet, very feminine floral. It smells like young love...that's the best way I can describe it.

I liked it in the imp, and love it on me- my only complaint is that it doesn't have as much throw or staying power as I'd like, but maybe I just need to apply a bit more.

Starts with a papery feel. Oooh, this is coming up nicely! It is complicated; the notes peeking through here and there. Hmmmn, something sour is coming through, I hope it fades out again. Oh, yes it does. After a few hours it fades into old lady, but that takes a while.

In bottle/imp: Chilly, slightly herbal lily and violet.

Immediately on skin: This is a very cool and clean scent… the violet isn’t sweet at all, and blends with the other scents to create a very blue scent. I can pick out the violet, geranium, and lily, but the other notes are hard to sense.

After a few minutes: The floral notes in this are well blended, and now I can’t really find any of them overpowering another. It’s a very refreshing and almost soapy floral.

Overall Impressions: This scent is nice and light and would be great if you want to smell “clean.” It’s a refreshing blend and I could see wearing it in warmer weather. It’s a bit cool for sure.

In the imp it is a rather light and tart scent. The geranium and muguent are paticularly prevalent.

On at first no real great difference from in the imp. Still light and tart with geranium dominating.

After a while it turns into an overpowering floral like scent on my which ended up giving me a smidge of a headache... At this point I can't detect a single note as they are all meshed together so well. Almost like a plastic floral