Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Vicious Mistress

The search for "Clean" scents - general discussion

What a wonderful sister you are. They're going to be ever so pleased!

Girly sister....Tamora, Fae, Depraved, Katharina, Whitechapel, Delirium, Desire, Hollywood Babylon.

Sporty sister...Zephyr.

The Unicorn is a very juicy, sweet fruit scent. It's very pretty. And Wanda is also a very nice floral/fruit scent. Maybe these would be good for the "girly" sister.

What a wonderful sister you are.  They're going to be ever so pleased!

Heh heh... I have an ulterior motive for giving BPAL imps to my sisters for Christmas. It gives me an excuse to try as many BPALs as I can in order to make an "informed decision".

Anyways, I'm very grateful to everyone for all the suggestions. I've managed to set up swaps for Desire, Neo-Tokyo and Juliet, and I'll have to see if I can find the rest on the swap board.

Edited by tempete

I absolutely adore the pure, fresh feeling I get after I take a long shower; to prolong that feeling, I usually avoid putting on any sort of cosmetics or perfumes. Still, I love my BPAL, and if any person could find the perfect scent to acompany that squeaky clean, fresh from the shower feeling, I am sure it would be Beth.

So, what are some good post-shower BPAL oils?

My favorite treat after a shower is to coat myself with a little bit of lotion I made with Mabon. For some reason, this makes it a whole lot 'fresher' and more flowery than the berries that come out when I put it in a wax burner. Go figure. I love it.

Alice or Maiden might also be nice - they're light, fresh, girly scents.

Non-BPAL wise, I really like the smell of 'Body' by Victoria secret. (Not the perfume spray, way too alcoholy strong) But the body wash and lotion are super nice and not overpowering at all. Probably a little too expensive for me, but my mother gave them to me from a Christmas gift she got after she had a nasty reaction and needed steroids. Yuck.

~bubbles

Unseelie. On me it's a beautiful soft baby-powder scent and I absolutely love putting it on after I shower - which is usually before I go to bed so it's even more lovely because I just feel all soft and girly when I get under the covers! :P Very relaxing.

Danube is a great clean fresh scent. I mix some with my conditioner to use after a workout at the gym. I also second (third?) Pele, though unfortunately it doesn't last nearly as long as Danube on me!

I concur with Laurel-t-w that Empyreal Mist is indeed as fresh as anything above the timberline. In fact, whenever I wear it, I have this recurring thought that I'm riding into the sky on Snuggles the Bear's back. Slightly disturbing but indubitably fresh.

If it's a morning shower, Empyreal Mist or Rosalind, but if I'm going straight from an evening shower to bed, I like Nocturne (wonderfully soporific and soothing) or Queen Mab (for memorable dreams filled with pathos).

In fact, whenever I wear it, I have this recurring thought that I'm riding into the sky on Snuggles the Bear's back. Slightly disturbing but indubitably fresh.

Re: another thread: RR, you are totally charming and worthy!

I love slathering on Envy after I shower. The mint is so fresh, mixed with the herbs, lime and lavender it's SUCH a fresh scent! I bought a 10ml specifically for after-shower purposes.

Edited by Dianella

Kumiho is my light and fresh scent of choice right now- gives a clean citrus and green tea feeling, and very fresh. :P

It always makes me feel pale green, if that's any help.

If you don't mind aquatics then I would also recommend Tempest. Though similar to Lightning I think it is a lot clean and actually I think my review mentioned that I thought it would be a good after shower scent.

I noted in my review today that The Dormouse would be great after shower. It's very clean and green but not soapy or powdery-- reminded me of Calyx by Prescriptives.

I'm looking for a couple of scents to round out an imp order for a friend who would like something that is both "clean" and "spicy"--nothing too sweet or too floral. My friend's skin chemistry tends to keep scents light and topnote-ish, and out of the scents she's tried so far, her best success has been with Hamadryad. I've checked various "clean" and "spicy" recs threads looking for scents that cross over the two categories, but haven't had much success.

Any suggestions for "clean and spicy" general-catalogue scents would be greatly appreciated. (And I should probably clarify--for anyone who's read or responded to my other current recs request post--that this one is for a different friend.)

Edited by styro

I've found that white musk tends to go sweetly spicy on me, as long as it's not paired with fruit. It's not usually too sweet on me, but Devil's Night is gorgeously light and slightly spicy on me. It's an LE, though, so...

Nero, by the by, is gorgeous on me, too. Very fresh-smelling to me, with its pine and rosemary, and spicy in that my nose registers, "Oh, there's something interesting going on here!"

Has your friend tried any of the tea/herbal blends? Some of the green herbal blends have characteristics that make them smell both clean and spicy to me. Maybe something like The Dormouse, The Apothecary, Mantis, or Kumiho...

Edited by Blood onmy hands