Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A love oil with a twist. Attracts new friends & lovers to your life by enhancing your personal magnetism and charisma

For the most part I will forgo my normal review format as I use/d this ritually and so it matters not if the staying power and drydown are influences if I keep it or not.

First Sniff
I actually think theres a bit of lavender in this because I smell that and roses. No clue what else is in it though...it smells very pretty.

Usage
I decided to try this out the day I got my hair done. I woke up and anointed my pulse points with the oil while murmuring "I want new people in my life" and went along my merry way. I had a couple of random conversations BEFORE I got to the hairdressers when is sort of weird considering I was bundled up like a yeti and sweating like one.

Afterwards I definitely noticed a lot more smiles (that could have been the new hairdo' however) and I actually felt a lot more confident. I wore it out again to dinner with an old friend (anointing my wrists and a sliver of pink wax I carried with me) and they remarked I seemed much more happier and "glowy" which is odd consdiering the past two months have been hellish.

I don't know if this has brought new lovers to my life but I know I've made a couple of new friends since I've started to carry it around on the pink wax. I'll probably do a full blown ritual and update this review accordingly.

Origins - decanted imp received in a swap.

Oh who doesn't need a little extra personal magnetism in their life?! I am going to be job searching soon, and while I already picked up some Blockbuster, this sounds like it may be even better.

Wet - wet this is darky and sultry. There is an incensy smell here, musk perhaps. It's gorgeous, but not at all what I expected.

Dry - as soon as it begins to dry, the incensy smell fades away leaving roses! Roses and maybe a touch of lavender, I'm not sure, I thought I got lavender clearly there for a moment, but it vanished as quickly as it appeared. Whether or not it was lavender, there's something else here with the rose, another floral note I think. The rose goes a little powdery on me, as some of the BPAL rose notes do, but the other floral is preventing it from going too far south. This dries into a light rose and something else note and is very pretty. Looks like there will probably be a big bottle of this in my future.

And while I really don't know the effectiveness of this yet, I definitely felt more confident while wearing this. Yeah, this is good stuff!

On the wickedgoddess scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being best, this rates a 4 (scent only.)

Bottle (Imp): Smells exotic and sultry.

Just On: Exotic, sultry, beautiful.

An hour or two later: Quite sultry.

Around 6 hours: Very sultry.

12 hours: It's faded away.

Overall: I can't give you any idea what notes are in this as far as fragrance, but it is lovely. I certainly think it will be fun to try in ritual.

After reading other reviews: Looks like it does have flowers, but they apparently don't get ruined by my skin. As it happens, a new friend joined us for coffee the day I tested this, so I'd have to say that even though I was trying it for fragrance, it obviously works as it should.

I'm just reviewing this as a scent...but I am interested in experiencing these oils to see what kind of thoughts and feelings they inspire.

I can definitely see this being an attractive blend. It reminds me of something I tried awhile ago but can't remember which. Maybe it was Wanton? At any rate, I am pretty sure that myrrh is figuring prominently, maybe some rose...but myrrh seems to be there. It also almost reminds me a little of Masabakes without the berry notes.

It's very very thick, a bit of a spicy incense (in the way that myrrh is spicy), a little musky...a little too musky. But as far as magnetism I can see this having a lot of throw and attracting people to come in for a better sniff. Powdery, incensy spicy musk is what I'd say...but I think there could be something floral like rose underneath.

I don't anticipate wanting any new people in my life any time soon, but as for a personal confidence boost this is a very strong blend that I can imagine sniffing before I go out into the world to help me face the day and feel like people are going to interact pleasantly with me.

Edited by sarada

Arabian Nights

In the imp: dark, deep, resinous, musk perhaps? Possibly amber and myrrh. Very exotic!

Wet on skin: wow, a rich, heady mix of resins and florals.

Dry: this smells gorgeous, rich, deep, mysterious. It reminds me of another BPAL, not sure which…but I’m pretty sure there’s rose and myrrh in this, and amber too. There may be some musk, maybe some lavender or another floral? It smells sensual and mystical.

After a while: still myrrh and rose. I think it smells a bit like La Petite Mort and Wicked. It’s a very grown up, mature and slinky scent, with a sense of mystery about it.

Verdict (scent): scent wise, this stuff smells pretty damn good. A rich and heady mixture of sweet and dark resins (I’m sure it’s myrrh and amber) with a full bodied rose note. There may be musk here too. Whatever is in this, it smells gorgeous, and very exotic, fitting to the name, I think.

Magical effects? Yes! This stuff works! I dabbed a bit on for testing, and then later, when I went back to my uni lectures, some of the boys actually talked to me-and the boys in my class never usually do that! One of the boys even helped me with a few things, which was very nice and unexpected. Whether that was the oil’s ‘magnetic’ properties at work, you never know…but it seemed to work that day, and that’s a very good thing. Whether it will bring new lovers my way, I don’t know! For now, I’m more inclined to think it brought new friends my way.

at first: dark, with a hint of fruit and some sort of earthy note.

on: sweet and dark.

half an hour later: dark and sexy. however, there's something underneath that i really don't like.

1.5 hours later: dark and slightly soapy.

overall: this is ok, but not something i'd probably buy. it doesn't keep the "sexy" vibe for long enough.

122368602.jpg

In the bottle

It looks like the little bpal insignia under the name is a purple blue color.

In the bottle it smells really similar to Horus to my nose. It's sweet, incensey and sensual.

On

Good lord this is good. Definitely a feminine sensuality but darker, warmer. I think I smell bulgarian rose, frankincense, golden amber, maybe some musk and possibly light myrrh.

At about 10 minutes it starts to have a smokiness to it but it's still sweet. It's almost too sweet. A little bit goes a long way with this as it's such a concentrated scent.

30 minutes

This blend doesn't change on my skin except that it does get a bit smokey, which I like in this blend, it offsets the sweetness of the floral and resin.

Throw:

Yes

Scent category:

Incense/Resin

Summary

It's sweet, dark, warm, smokey, incensey and resiny.

Very similar to "Horus" to me. To me Arabian Nights is along the same scent line as Horus, Jacob's Ladder, Midnight Mass, etc except it's sweeter than all of those bpal blends and stronger too.

Has throw and above average staying power, and a little teeny bit goes a long way so it's another bang for your buck blend to me. I'm curious to see what effect this will have on my husband. :P

Purchase again?

Yes

1-5 rating (5 being best)

Edited by UltraViolet

Scent review:

Wow, I :P Arabian Nights! To me it smells a LOT like Binah (which I adore), but where Binah takes a little while to warm up and get to the good part, AN almost immediately goes incensy-sexy-sweet and stays like that for hours and hours. Towards the very end it gets slightly floral, I agree with the people who said they got lavender in that phase, but I like lavender so I have no problem with that. It does NOT turn to soap on my skin, which 98% of florals do, so that's nice. Excellent throw and amazing longevity, too.

Magical review:

I felt magnetic when I wore this - even though I was getting sick and my eyelids were swollen and I looked like a total freak, my work crush paid a lot of attention to me that day, and kept trying to get really close to me, make excuses to hang out, etc. Also I used my feminine wiles to get my boss to do something (he even used the phrase, "I only did this because you made googly eyes at me") and it worked like a charm! So I would rate it effective in that area.

Overall: Really nice, fabulous sexy scent with positive magical effects - what more could you ask for? This is going on my big bottle list with a bullet!

ETA - now that I've smelled the Red Musk SN, I am sure this blend has red musk in it. Delicious!!

Edited by roesmoker

First off ~Arabian Nights Smells wonderful. Its darks and resinous with some musk or something keeping it from being too smoky. Headshop comes to mind, as does mindblowing sex ~ THERE I said it.

The results where a bit shocking. I put some one last night and had a phone call from a gal I worked with a while ago who wants to get together on business matters. I put AN on this morning, with a touch of Harlot on my shoulders and Arabian Nights on my forehead and wrists (hey it was a bit of a ritual this morning with the stuff, I had a taste of it, now lets see some action) To make the experiement fair. I went out looking like crap. No shower, no wax, just jeans, sneakers, and my Marvin the Martian T-shirt. I went shopping and had a very good looking man at first pass me by with a long stare. Then as I continued shopping I could see him peeking through the shelves looking at me. I thought OK who is this guy? DO I know him? Nope, just a good looking guy dark hair eyes etc. Then he caught up with me he smiled big, said hello and just stood there. Hmm I remembered that yes I am wearing Arabian Nights AND I made absolutley no effort to look good. So I giggled a bit and said Hi back. He was a very nice man. Not someone I've ever seen before in the place I was shopping and uh, he was hot stuff.

Just my experience, but so far this is the best TAL I've ever tried.

MUST GET MORE!!

In Bottle: Dark sweet musk

On Skin: Sexy! I want a bottle of this! The description fits for sure. If I smelled this on someone walking by, it would capture my attention right away. It has a beautiful deep dark musky base sweetened with exotic spices and a little incense. I also smell a resin… amber or myrrh… It kind of reminds me of a more concentrated and musky version of YSL’s Opium. There is also a slight floral note. To me this scent is very seductive… sultry… woman on the prowl… As it develops, I get a little more powdery incense and the resins deepen even further. This has an average throw with a nice staying length. I want to make a spray of this and wear it out and about on the town. I’d love to see the reactions, it’s so freaking sexy!

To my nose this smells an awful lot like Sheherezade and similar to Spellbound, except it has a 'turkish delight' kinda note that sets it apart. I didn't buy it for the scent, given that it's a magickal blend but it does smell pleasant. I guess it's either a 'love it or hate it' thing, though, because a few male friends of mine claim it smells really hippi-ish / like a head shop etc. The husband's not too fond of it either, but whenever I wear it, I definitely feel warm, relaxed and good about myself. Maybe that's what's supposed to make you more attractive to others - loving yourself? Hmm. Either way, I definitely like this one a lot.

Arabian Nights - Ooh, this is a gorgeous scent! It’s a deep, resinous amber and myrrh scent, and has a little bit of spice in it, too, although I can’t figure out what type. About an hour after applying it, I start to detect the slightest trace of rose. The entire scent overall is incredibly sultry, but not entirely sexy, if that makes any sense. The throw on this is incredible. If I have the tiniest dab on my arm, I can smell it wafting all around me as I walk. I have had multiple compliments on how great I smell. I don’t need to attract new lovers into my life, but I would say this has done a nice job of not necessarily meeting new people, but I seem to have good conversations with people I know, but don’t know well, thus paving the way for friendship. I’m so glad I have this!

I loved the name, which is a silly reason to get a magical oil, but then the description is a good one, too. I definitely need more people in my life.

I put it on Sunday to go to a "family reunion" with a side of the family that has just begun speaking to us again after 30 or so years.

Success. I think they were kind of inclined to it anyway, but everyone was perfectly lovely. We talked, and hugged, and basically made friends. I'm very happy about it.

And to top it off, the scent is gorgeous! Musky, and spicy, with the rose dancing in and out, never on top, just floating in the background. Beautiful.

High marks here!

I tried this out today, expecting something sort of like Snake Oil.

It wasn't that, but also wasn't quite like anything else. I can pick out the amber and the musk, the nice, warmed skin scent of it. A deep resin, gypsy-like, but not spices like in a kitchen. To further attest to its yummy warm skin-like qualities, I took a nap while wearing this and when I woke up, it smelled completely amazing. Something about my body's sleeping skin chemistry changed it into something that was much more intimate and true.

When I put this on today, I thought it smelled yummy enough that I'd get attention. I didn't, however, think it was the sort of sexy smell that would get random hits from strangers. Maybe because it hugged my skin so well, maybe because it wasn't flashy, it seemed like something that would deepen connections rather than bring on new, casual things.

I'd agree that it did just that. I had some good conversations with people at a reading tonight, and I felt like I was generally confident and gracious. I also got a lot of writing done today--maybe the Arabian Nights made me more attractive to myself as well as others? I was also more emotional, but in a way that felt genuine rather than hypochondriac-esque.

Scent: All floral at first, smooth and mixed in with the musk and spice, but then the florals fade and all I'm left with is a wonderful, exotic spice scent.

Effectiveness: I wore this twice on trips recently. The first time, got hit on by a flight attendant. The second, got chatted up by the man in the seat next to me, then had people buzzing around me at an event all night. Compliments of, "mmm, you smell so good!" and compliments on my looks as well, which were definitely not deserved as I'd been on a plane all day and felt and looked like a dog's dinner. This stuff WORKS.

A.

I'm reviewing this out of an empty 5ml, so...

In the bottle: Strong, sweet and spicy, very musky.

What little there is left on my skin: It smells like a hippie store, all the incense. Sandalwood for sure. It's not something I'd honestly wear a day in my life. I can see, though, where this got its name. Very Middle Eastern in smell.

This is a lovely sort of rose-and-incense blend, very sexy in an entirely feminine way. I've only done one "field test," and I noticed that it makes people want to be nicer to me; though I have yet to see any specific results in terms of actual allure.

I also noticed that it gave me the confidence not to want to "impress" people but rather have them accept me for who I am, appearance-wise, and that's a very valuable gift indeed.

This is a fantabulous scent, and I think it definitely has the rose/amber/musk thing going on. Quite possibly my favorite TAL next to White Light. As for the effects, well, when I wear it I can't get em off me. As in THEM, not a misspelled "him." Oh yeah. :P

First word, WOW.

This smells GREAT on me. Like a sweet dark musk with some rose & amber in there & something creamy in the background. I thought the name 'Arabian Nights' fitted really well as it definately had a sensual exotic feel to it. It had amazing throw & I could smell myself all night. I also got a compliment that I smelled good from my friend I was out with & my mother before I left.

Anyway.. well I'm pretty sure this works :P. I was wearing a corset, a shortish leopard print skirt & black heels and I got so many looks last night... TONS more than usual. Men were looking at me & doing double takes & I got some wolf whistles in my direction! And a random man (not good looking AT ALL but hey) came up to me sitting with my friend & told me I had GREAT legs & that him & all his mates thought so too & hoped I was wearing stockings (& continued to chat to me for ages even though he could see I clearly wanted him to leave :) ) . And let me tell you I DO NOT HAVE GREAT LEGS. I am 5'3 with an abnormally long body for my height & fat short legs, haha. So this was definately something new.

Then I went to another pub where my ex works & last time I saw him he paid no real attention to me & didn't really seem that bothered at all. This time however when he had short pauses when he was working he looked over & smiled at me. And then he came over, put his arm around me kept telling me he was really sorry for some things his friends said the other week & it was out of order (even though I provoked them as I was horrendously drunk :D ) & asked how I was & we chatted for a bit until he had to work again. Then me & my friend were going home to get the last bus I told my ex quickly I was going & he grabbed me in a hug, said bye & see you soon. This is coming from a guy who really hasn't paid me any attention for ages & has pretty much said before that he doesn't want to see me at all. Anyway when I was walking to my bus stop I got some more whistles & a random man in a suit came up to me & was talking to me saying I looked nice & where was I going & I was sort of like 'err.. home' so then he went off on his way when i sat at my bus stop. The bus came straight away and even on a the bus men were still looking at me and stuff but I was on the phone so didn't notice if anyone was trying to speak to me.

Haha that was long! I NEED a bottle of this even for the scent alone but I'm sure even though I looked nicer than usual that night that it did have something to do with all the compliments that night as I also got compliments from some girls too. So yes Arabian Nights is a definate 10/10 for me. I'll just have to wear it on a busy Saturday night instead of a Thursday night & see what happens then. :D

Scent: This smells dark, sultry, exotic. There's something in there that reminds me of feminine incense resins, and possibly a soft, deep rose.

Use: When I wore this I found that I was a lot more outgoing and confident, which translates into laughter and cheerful, flirty conversations. I didn't meet anyone (and I'm married anyway!) but I did have a great day.

smells very rosey... not a huge fan. But let me promise you... it worked very very well *winks*

edit: it worked again today... not as extreme as yesterday (long story. but worked for both of its uses). But I met so many people... and if i wasn't so tired, I would have gone to dinner with them.

This stuff is pure magic... all I have been doing is anointing my chakras and wrists with intent.

Edited by tativa

The mention of rose in other reviews made me nervous, as rose and I don't get along. We really don't. Luckily this smelled in the bottle like a darkly spicy/sweet lavender and resin incense... the rose was muted. Even better, this smells decent on me. Not Bastet-sexy, but still wearable and for that I'm glad, because this stuff does its job. It definitely is an attractant on the sex side, but it also has brought a lot of new people into my life. I noticed that strangers are much friendlier with me when I wear this, especially women. It's definitely nice in that it has turned my world into a warmer place. Great TAL.

I've not worn this out in public yet but I just want to talk about the smell first--it's *beautiful*. The rose is so much like the rose in Phantom, which I love, and the incense is just gorgeous--it's like Phantom meets Rose Cross. Very strong, too. I can't wait to try it out for real.

Edited: I wore this to the movies today and the ticket seller charged me the student price. I haven't been a student in over a decade. Interesting!

Edited by Iceblink

Just a review on its effectiveness; The first time I wore it, I met my current boyfriend out of the blue. I hadn't been in a relationship, let alone a date even, for over two years. He just randomly started talking to me and we have been together ever since. It was too bizarre to be written off as a coincidence, but I didn't immediately believe that it was simply the oils work. I wore it again a few days ago , putting it on in the morning, and later forgotten I had anything on, and was perplexed as to why strangers were being so nice to me and giving me so many complements, at the end of the day I remembered that I had anointed myself with Arabian Nights. This stuff works!!!!

Oh wow! I love the way how this smells! It brings back warm memories of my childhood because it reminds me of the oil that my mother used to scent the pot purris we have at home. I would really like to wear this as a daily perfume but out of respect for the oil, I probably wouldn't. As for the efficacy, all I can say is that it works in both small and big ways. I found one of my friends telling me to stay a little longer to talk more and she's the sort who keeps to herself most of the time. My supervisor, who is new and I barely know him well enough to joke with him (I am shy and awkward in social situations), was immensely nice to me today. He made jokes and gave me some very good supportive advice regarding my thesis and my problem with the dorm I am staying in, and didn't scare or intimidate me at all.

Verdict: Good stuff! Will definitely wear again!