Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Goreygalx

Lady MacBeth

The essence of ambition, covetousness and manipulation: sweet Bordeaux wine, blood red currant, thyme and wild berries.

One of my favorite scents EVER. It's deliciously sweet, without being obnoxious in any way. I had gotten it as a sample, but I may seriously buy a gallon someday :P
This is the scent I was wearing when one of the cute guys at work said I smelled good enough to eat. If that isn't a screaming endorsement, I don't know what is hehe

xoxo
J

EDIT: Added Lab's description --Shollin Edited by Shollin

This one is absolutely gorgeous! My favourite so far!! Smells quite sweet and medicinal at the same time. It also lasts a really long time. Didn't fade much all day. Another one I will be buying a bottle of.

I have to agree with the above reviews. I like my fragrances bold and robust (or deep and smoky) and this one is just that. I must say, prior to Elizabeth's scents, I have never had the opportunity to try a scent with Wine. This is actually lovely. Sweet and red......bold and sexy. Really makes a statement.

Add me to the Lady MacBeth fan club! My man *loves* this cherry/berry scent. Those who are wary of fruity or food smelling oils should probably steer clear of this one--it is very fruity.

I like to pair Lady MacBeth with Haunted--the results are a complex, spicy and cherry smell. I also put some on top of Velvet. Does anyone else use Lady MacBeth to mellow out other scents?

I think Lady Macbeth smells like Five Alive, that old fruit punch drink, and I mean that in the best way ever....because I was addicted to that. LM also has delicious wineyness that makes me want to drink when wine doesn't appeal to me at all.

4 out of 5 on the Laivine Non Fading Scale

I do like Lady Macbeth, but it's a bit too fruity on me. It reminds me of NERDs candy. Very juicy. If you like that kind of smell, go for it :P

this is my favourite scent so far! this is exactly how it is described. when i put it on all i smell is juicy berries, i even mush some into my hair to start the day off, it truly is beautiful. the best.

Intial thoughts:

Mmm. Smells like juicy raspberries!!! Very very fruity

After wearing it

Okay so orginially I was like "It smells like raspberrries...that's okay I guess" but now it's settled in a bit and YUM. It's very very sweet but not sickeningly so...very strong so a little goes a long way. It's defintely a red and bold scent...one will get noticed.

Haen't tested out its effects on males yet but I intend to! I can barely make out the wine and I think that's what gives most of this scent its oomph.

The berry was very sweet when I first put it on but now that it's had a few hours to settle the wine is coming out and it's really lovely.

Lady MacBeth smells like a deeply purple plum that grew so ripe and pendulous that it fell from the tree into deep green grass and slightly cracked a tiny bit, and a sliver of deep red fruit poked out and juice dripped out. And then some glittery insects showed up to lap at the drops, and then some blackbirds showed up and got drunk on the drops and started dancing on the telephone wires, and then a mockingbird showed up, drank too much and sang an entirely new song with little bits of Beethoven in it. That's what it smells like to me.

I think it's absolutely wonderful and amazing and clever and genius and really enjoy wearing it and will be buying a bigger bottle, most definitely.

I got this in a swap, and ohmy!

It was very berrylike in the bottle, and first on, but then it just goes perfect.

Sweet, but not cloying. Strong, but not overwhelming.

For a short while, I thought I smelled a just-peeled orange, though I have no idea where it could have come from.

And, a bonus. This one stayed! I admit I did refresh before leaving work (got to smell nice for the 'verts on the bus, you know...), but before I left work, I was still catching hints of it wafting up from my clevage.

Mmmmmmm...finally got a chance to try Lady MacBeth!

Sweet and fruity, yet devious. It reminds me of a bottle of Raspberry Lambic, which I positively love and adore and cannot find at any of the good restaurants (or beer distributors for that matter!) around here! Just thinking of the Raspberry Lambic brings back fond memories of a girl I know, and I cannot stop sniffing myself because of it!

I :P Lady MacBeth! :D

I have a huge bottle of this one, I love it! It is my "deviously playful" mood scent. The boys love it when I wear it to work! :P

first, a 10/10 for the staying power. I wore it all day yestereday without fading an inch! today it´s still as fresh as from the bottle where it touched my shirt.

I love the scent, it reminds me a lot of a certain hard red candy called wineballs.

I can imagine children will love this scent :P

I am usally not into sour´fuity scents but this is a very nice exception.

Perfect to wear on a warm summer evening when the sweet caramel scents become to sticky, even for me :D

Sweet with wine, apples, and berries-- yet sinuous and sharp that casts an edge to the scent. You smell like a luscious, baccanal berry banquet.

Wet: Grape Big League Chew gum.

Dry: I smell the currant and berries very well. The currant keeps it from being too sweet I think. It's definately a purple scent...well, a purple with shades of burgandy. Interesting, different, and fun.

Not really me, though it might be a fun one to experiment with layering.

In the vial I get Grape Bubblelicious bubble gum.

Applied, the currant and berries come out; nonetheless the candy/gum smell remains. Rosalind's berries smelled a bit candyish on me too, so I'm thinking that my chemistry just doesn't work well with berry fragrances. B-BPAL (that's Before BPAL!), I wouldn't touch any perfumes with fruit notes because they always made me nauseous or just smelled icky and cheap. I'd hoped that BPAL might work better, but berries, at least, just don't work with my chemistry. Oh well. There are plenty of others oils to try!

This projects fairly well during th first couple hours of its life, but after those few hours when I put my nose down to my skin and breathe in, I get the strange nutty note I get in place of chocolate in Vice and Velvet--bizarre. This fades after four or so hours to the point that I can only just smell it when I put my nose to my skin. I'll try it again, as Mother Nature may be pulling pranks on me.

This si very sweet initially, but after a while you can smell the less-than-sweet notes. Didn't ecpect to like this, but I did. The berries don't stop this from being a very mature and sophisticated scent.

I love this in the bottle. I smelled the berries and the wine, flowers and a hint of sweetness. I put it on and it smelled at first like crazy red candy. Maybe cherry and strawberry jolly ranchers. Not exactly me.

THEN I got the purple gum scent after about an hour. I like that better. Now (6 hours later) I smell sweet berries and flowers. I really like this. I'm not sure if I can stand to wait for all the wierd scents to go away, though. I'm going to have to try this again before I make up my mind.

After about 8 hours I realized that I smelled like wine. I was at work in a meeting with the Executive Director and it kind of embarassed me, but I don't think anyone noticed. As I drove home from work I thought "gosh some BBQ would be good right now..." Then I realized that it was Lady Macbeth. Apparently it goes really smoky on me after many hours.

This scent is so interesting! Almost every hour it's different.

Edited by Lexy

When I first discovered the Lab, this was one of the ones that I've been dying to try out. I've been in a production of MacBeth, and have adore the character inspiration for this scent. However, I put off ordering it for a little while, mainly because there were other scents that had higher priority. By the time I placed my order, I think I'd missed out on the earlier version, and gotten the drier version; which I think is a good thing, since I like my scents not so sweet.

In the Bottle

This smells sweet. Very sweet. It's got this candy like scent to it, and I don't catch even the faintest hint of wine. I can catch the tiniest hint of berries, but mainly it reminds me of candy. It does share a bit of similarity with Bewitched, if you think of a deeper burgundy coloration (instead of the deep earthy purple that is Bewitched)... It's got the same berry feel to it, but it's much riper and juicier.

Wearing It

When it goes onto my skin, it gets even more sweet, but turns into a grape smell. My boyfriend said that it reminded him of the grape sodas that they sell at the local supermarket. Even after it's dried down, and has had time to mellow out, it's still really sweet, and has a bit of a plastic smell. Actually, I think that the culprit here is the currant, which did the same thing in Jester. It's the same plastic/fruit smell that I got when I wore that one. I guess that my skin just doesn't like currant. Ah well...

I guess this is another one of the berry scents that doesn't work out for me. In the vial it smells alright, but on my skin... Eh. I guess I'll be avoiding currant notes in the future. I think, though, that if anyone likes the way that Jester works on them, and is looking for a darker version of that, that this would be the one to try. Also, I suspect that if any Kitsune-Tsuki fans are looking for a less oriental version of that scent, that this wouldn't be too far off.

Lady Macbeth is lovely - darkly fruity and deep.

This is what I thought until my boyfriend declared "You smell like juice!" and now I keep thinking of myself smelling like a small child that spilled Ribena (blackcurrant diluting juice to you US people!) all over themselves - d'oh! :P

Very fruity. I wasn't sure how well I was going to like it when I first put it on, but after an hour or so it settled down into a scent that I can only describe as a wild berry wine. It's intoxicating. Aaahhhh!! I've had it on for over 9 hrs. and it's still going strong. :P

Initial Sniff: Deep red wine and luscious berries. Magpiedee, as usual, has captured this scent beautifully with her words.

Wearing: This is gorgeous - sophisticated berries - for the first 15 minutes. Then the wine rears its head and the berries disappear.

Final Impressions: This has incredible staying power, and I would love it deeply if it did not hate me so! Once again, I can't wear wine scents no matter how hard I try.