Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Goreygalx

Lady MacBeth

The essence of ambition, covetousness and manipulation: sweet Bordeaux wine, blood red currant, thyme and wild berries.

this has been hanging out in my imp box for awhile now because i stopped wearing oils for awhile for my boyfriend's allergies' sake and i'm not comfortable wearing alcohol based (wine, rum, etc) to work.

in the imp: dark red wine and blackberries/currants.

wet: wine and something going soapy and sour. uh oh.

dry: nope. still soapy and sour, just less so. the wine is trying to fight through, and periodically i do get whiffs of kool aid (the dreaded kool aid that i actually love so much in suck it). but it's mostly soapy sourness like i normally turn rose notes into. i'm almost guessing it's the thyme, though i still suspect that there's a rose or two in here. too bad. this one really should have worked on me.

When I first tried this, it seemed like a sexier version of Bordello. This time, when I first put in on, I got a dry powdery sour cherry hit, almost like crushed up Smarties, but after a moment, that dry sexiness comes back. This is a very apt scent for Lady Macbeth... a scent that gives you so much but holds back just a bit so you're always sniffing a little deeper, trying to get to satisfaction. This scent almost personifies the type of woman who could coax you into committing treacherous acts to satiate the lust for power buried deeply within your heart. Mmmm.

Good for wearing: to smell sexy enough men would commit murder to please me. (Figuratively, preferably.)

Wet: within a foot of a testing patch for Pride, this is the cutest sweetest berry and wine mix. After blocking Pride, I can smell a bit more thyme and boozy sweet wine. I actually really like this one. Not sure I should wear it to work lest coworkers think I have a problem..

Drydown: more herbal and still sweet with currants and berries. slight wine smell. More acceptable. I think I can get away with this one at work now..

Wine and berries. Reminds me of a sweeter, less sexy version of Zadok Allen Vinyard. I like this, and if I didn't already have a bottle of ZAV, I would get a bottle of this. But knowing ZAV... Lady MacBeth just doesn't quite measure up.

Lady MacBeth

On: Sweet and dark. Definitely a berry scent, but with a dark, heavy undertone.

4.5 hours in: A sweet, powdery berry scent.

Overall: This is pretty, but not outstanding, on my skin

This smells like what I wanted Pom IV to smell like. There's dark berries and thyme, but not overpoweringly herbal. There's a bit of the wine/boozy note that I get from Smut too.

Now it's turning funky.

this smelled like a gummy bear dipped in red syrup. then it dried and smelled like rich ripe, almost over ripe fruit!

my first review ever!

in the imp: literally smells exactly like grape hubba bubba gum! very very sweet and grapey with a tangy note at the end.

on the skin: still smelling that grape gum sweetness but it's slowly turning more perfume-y and maybe slightly powdery.

after 5 minutes: it's getting better and rounder smelling..much less in your face grape

overall this is wayyyyy too sweet for me and just not my thing. I definitely don't get any thyme..only sweet, tangy, fake grapes.

This is like the grown up non smutty version of Bordello! It's deep, rich and sophisticated. Bursting with berries and boozey red currants. After the initial dry down period I get a wonderful waft of the Thyme. It's not herbal or foody or grassy, instead it's an uplifting lemony thyme that stops this scent being pure sticky boozy berries. WONDERFUL!

This one makes me giggle. It is grape koolaid until the cows come home. After a couple of hours I started sneezing and didn't stop until I washed this off.

Yay, frimp by ChaosKitty!

Imp: Sweet red berries with something herbal in there. Smells a bit chemical.. like those red "fruit mix" scented candles at IKEA.

Wet: Wow! So sweet and fruity! Cannot detect any red wine, just berries, berries, berries! Yes, and bubblegum.

Dry: Still overly sweet bubblegum berries that turn a little soapy on my skin. Smells way too chemical for me. But.. if you think of candy or tea, this is kinda delicious in a way..

My second wine scent of the day!

On the skin: Very sweet yet tart. Smells more like grapes than actual wine with some red tart berries as well as a bit of floral? Very pretty! I would like this one as a candle/roomscent more than a perfume.

"Out, damned spot!"

Imp: blueberries, currants, and a glug of wine. I had a strange reaction to this at first--the blueberries evoked a summer picnic, but the currants and wine made me think of holly leaves and holiday pies. Don't get me wrong, both of these are welcome thoughts, but surprising nonetheless.

Wet: Mmmmm, so many berries... candied, dried, poached, raw, and any which way.

Dry: The wine is coming back now; it darkens the scent considerably and transforms it from fruit galore to berries and blood splattered on a wall. Beth's Lady MacBeth is the woman herself: noble and august, with a streak of malevolence barely hidden beneath. Perfectly executed.

I'd read other reviews that warned of the Grape Kool-aid smell with this one, so at first I was worried when I opened the imp and smelled a bunch of purple...but it mellowed out nicely! The grape assault blended in with with the other berry scents (but the grape/wine is still dominant among them), and I can just barely detect a breath of thyme tying it all together. I was a little unsure about how the herb would play with the other notes, but it is barely noticeable - just a hint of something earthy and deep. Dry I find this very wearable and lovely. :)

Rich, lustrous, decadent scent. It's deep and smoky on me, with all of the wine notes and none of the high-noted fruitiness some people have mentioned.

I -love- this scent. It's a mature, sultry, feminine scent.

I LOVE this. It smells sophisticated and decadent (seriously, it makes me feel like I ought to be wearing an evening gown and sipping a glass of expensive wine) and it keeps you sniffing as you try to detect something you can't quite place. It's definitely a scent that makes an impression and one I will wear when I want to leave a guy intrigued and wanting more. ;)

In the imp: WINE and currant.

On me, wet: Ooh, sophisticated! I get a lot of wine and a lot of currant and berries initially, not much thyme. It's very juicy and berry-like and sophisticated, and the more I smell it, it becomes less sweet and juicy and more adult, with the thyme coming out more and balancing out the sweetness of the berries. It starts to turn into this kind of imperial, sexy, delicious mix of HNGH as it dries, which really pleased me because I was expecting some kind of berry explosion.

On me, dry: Elegant juicy sensual red perfection. I'm not sure I need a bottle, as this isn't the kind of thing I wear a lot, but when I need a slinky, intriguing scent, I know what imp I'm picking up.

In the Imp (ITI): This smells like those candied raspberries that are super sugary that you can get at specialty candy stores. It smells exactly like them, and I think without the wine, it would smell more like fresh berries, but there is an artificial quality about the scent. I suppose that is fitting for Lady Macbeth, though.

Wet: While I realize that the note is currant, it very clearly smells like the raspberry. Lush raspberries, some slight greenness from the thyme, and just an every so slight hint of wine. It makes the berry a little more mature.

Dry: Berries and faint wine. I didn’t think I would like it from it’s overly sweet smell in the bottle, but this is a nice scent.

Smells like candy. And not the good kind of candy. The cheap stuff that tastes vaguely like medicine. I'm afraid this one is a no for me.

Super freeport purple fruity goodness tempered by tart deep wine and herbs. Oh my goodness!

At first it smelled primarily like artificial grape candy, but as it dried the woodiness and richness of the wine not came forth, and the thyme herbaliness paired the sweet juicy berries, taking away the candy smell, leaving a mouthwatering berry, herbal, and wood aged wine combination that's dead sexy. :wub2: :thud:

This just smells like cough syrup on me, all the way down. Once dry there's just about some thyme, if I concentrate, but mostly...? Yeah. Cough syrup. :-( "Robust" and "sweet" is about right - pity I don't like the result!

[Aww, crap - this is apparently the kind of perfume that turns kinda on me after two hours: the berries and thyme start to hold their own, and the sickly syrup scent fades some, and the alcohol rounds out so it smells less like it's just a carrier for sugar!]

Edited by kaberett

My mother would always give me grape flavored cough syrup when I was sick as a kid. Wet, this is exactly how that cough syrup smelled. As it starts to dry, it sweetens up into grape bubble gum. Dry, this is beautiful. Huh, what a morpher. Dry it is slightly herbal and musky. It still has berries is but a drier tarter berry. It's smells like a sexy vampy woman. If the dry down was what it smelled like from the beginning, I'd buy a huge bottle of this. As it is, I can't get over the awful grape beginning. Although, I can see this being very, very lovely on someone else from beginning to end.

Edited by Pittseminole

Gave this imp a first try today! My impressions: I'm not a big fan of fruity scents,but this one is quite nice.In the bottle it smelled heavily of berries,it even reminded me of a herbal essences conditioner. Once on it dried down to a more 'natural' berry tea scent,very sweet and quite strong on me. I didn't get any wine though...

Good staying power,I put it on before work this morning and can still smell it quite strongly eight hours later. I won't be buying a bottle of this simply because it is too fruity for my tastes,but I am keeping the imp.

First applied, Lady Macbeth is reminiscent of cough syrup. As it dries, the scent goes through a Bubblicious Gum phase. In the late drydown, I just get sweet berry candy. Finally, I woke up this morning with a gentle fruity skin scent.

I went into this one thinking the wine would be more prominent. Unfortunately, Lady Macbeth did not quite meet this expectation. There’s nothing unpleasant about the fragrance, but I prefer not to smell like sweets and candies.

I’m not even sure I smelled much thyme, but I don’t really mind because thyme can smell moldy to me. Maybe it had the effect of tempering the sweetness to a degree?