Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Simply cool, the essence of Lounge: the scent of a crisp pomegranate martini.

Swank delivers where Persephone disappoints.

Whereas Persephone smelled like rotting wine on my skin, Swank kept that sweet, tangy pomegranate smell I'd been craving (praise Loki!) and dried down to just a whisper of forbidden fruit.

I don't normally go for fruity scents but for pomegranate (and especially this pomegranate) I gladly make an exception.

I love swank. It's fruity and boozy, and as long as you don't get pulled over by a cop who thinks you've been enjoying too many martinis I don't think he'd believe it was your perfume.

I'm so glad I have a 10 mL of this, but I don't know if it'll last. This is my everyday go-to sent if I don't need the aura of another BPAL. It's sophisticated and fruity.

I adore Swank! Its so sweet and Boozy! I love Comsos and Martinis and this has just the right touch of Vodka in it to make me purr.

This one is a keeper!

Smells very cough syrupy. Very sharp. Smells like being young. The scents that come with scented-toys, the cheap-o makeup kits as a kid that you buy to pretend you're a grown up.

Starts to get mellower on the dry down, but still smells… adolescent. The scent continues to morph, but bleh-- I'll be damned if it's getting much better. Starting to smell like the plastic underneath all those scented kids toys. Has more of a "perfumey" tone, though. Oh man! Wicked fake fruit crappy lip gloss scent. Ugh ugh ugh, no. :(

Sniffing the imp, it's lovely pomegranate.

On my skin, I pick up the boozy martini note with the pomegranate. As it dries it goes a bit floral on my skin.

It smells like tangy red fruit, not quite pomegranite. It has a pine sol/soapy smell (reminds me of purple fabuloso cleaner) in the background. There is a bit of booziness too it that grows as it dries. I like it and will keep my imp.

In the bottle and wet on my skin this smells like ripe, juicy pomegranate. I don't really pick up any alcohol or boozy notes in this.

After it's dried down a bit, it smells like pomegranate body spray, kind of "average" smelling. The longer it sits on my skin, the more tempered it becomes, changing from almost cheap smelling to very lovely and full, a mix of sweet and tart fruity (like pomegranate and white grape, oddly enough) and and a tiny smidgen of strawberry vodka.

I would wear this if I were going out for happy hour drinks, or maybe on a night when someone's having a laid-back get together. But it's just not spectacular on my skin, sadly.

In the imp: a slightly vile yellowy orange. Not promising. Sniffing, I don't get the hit of alcohol, I get something that is sharply sweet. (Yes, that is possible, honest.) It hits my nose with a physical sensation that reminds me of pine.

On the wrist: okay, what I think is implied to be the alcohol in the martini is a soured smell. Sort of cleanser gone wrong. I'm still getting that pine-y (or maybe citrus, now?) sensation in my nose, and when my hands are at the keyboard and mouse it much more pleasant than sniffing it directly, trowing of fa crisp, clean scent.

After an hour: the scent lasts well. I can identify the pomegranate, and it's quite pleasant, but still, the scent behind it (this is going to sound silly) makes me uneasy. This is why I'm putting it as low as a 6/10.

ETA: Can still get whiffs of it 9 hours later!!!!!

Smells very fruity and boozy. On the drydown, I also get the vague florals others have mentioned. I quite like it, and I'm putting in into my "potential 5mLs" pile.

This is the first imp I've ever tried, so I'm really excited to review it!

Out of the bottle: I'm not getting the boozy note that a lot of others do; it's very bright and citrusy yet sweet. It reminds me a lot of fabric softener or dryer sheets but not in an unpleasant way. I feel like one of those women in commercials hanging their sheets out in the meadows. XD

Upon application: smells pretty much the same on my skin as it does out of the bottle. For the first 2-3 hours all I'm really getting is that fabric softener smell, and it seems to have faded pretty quickly. There's still scent there but it's fairly faint.

Drydown: It's been about 5 hours now and you pretty much have to inhale my skin to tell I have anything on, but every once and a while I'm getting a big whiff of fruit! The pomegranate is definitely coming out now and it's mostly sweet but not cloying. No more fabric softener. ^_~

Overall: I don't dislike it but I'm thinking it might be a little too fruity for me. Willing to give it another shot, at the very least.

Edited by Acushla

I've noticed that pomegranate flavors and notes contain this bite of something bitter and cool. Almost like a menthol hidden deep and away. Once applied, I get a big gush of sugar sweet juicy pomegranate (with the cool note underneath). It stays true as it dries down, not too boozy (thank goodness! Booze notes are scary on me.) It's more of sweet juicy fruit juicy pomegranate, and it is very potent! I also pick up a slight floral note in this, but nothing to worry over. I only realized it was there because someone else said that they smelled it as well. When I want to feel cute, I will grab my imp of Swank!!

Disclaimer: I love booze notes, fruity scents, and pomegranates in general. I amp spices. YMMV.

On me, Swank smells *exactly* like it's described: pomegranates and gin. I definitely pick up the juniper berry and spices from the gin, and just a hint of booziness. The pomegranate is juicy without being overly sweet or foody, and there's a sparkliness in the background that smells almost like club soda - sparkle and carbonation with no added sweetness.

This is a very sophisticated scent. It is cool, rather than warm. It is sultry and provocative without being as OMGSEXNAO as some of the other sexy blends (not that there's anything wrong with that....). I quite like it, and will be ordering a bottle soon :wub2:

In the imp: Junipery, tart. Very pleasant! More cranberry than pomegranate.

Wet: Very tart. Yum.

Drying: I'm not sure what "boozy" is supposed to smell like here, but I think I'm beginning to get it. It's there wet, but there's a whisper of it. It's a well blended martini! It also has a very tart note, and whisper of white floral, underneath--it threatens to go soapy, but stays clean and tart. Decent throw, too!

I like this one, but I don't feel the need for more than just this imp.

In the imp: Just like it says. This is a pomegranate martini

Wet: The gin comes through a little more than in the imp, but overall pretty similar

Dry: Crisp and fruity. Not a lot of booze but still nice. It lasted ages as well.

In the imp: Fruity with cold sweet mint. And alcohol. I get mango, mainly because I'm not too sure how pomegranate is supposed to smell like.

Wet: Fruit and mint and alcohol. Similar to the imp. Orange fruit. There's definitely citrus in there.

Dry: Smells a bit like plastic mangoes and alcohol. Still delicious smelling. And has great throw and lasts a long time!

Overall: It turns a bit too plastic on my skin, but despite that i would still use up my imp! And icy, fruity alcoholic drink!

I really like this in the imp-it's sort of a fizzy pom scent. I'm thinking this is supposed to be a gin martini, and I don't usually like gin, but the herbalness works well with the pomegranate.

I am really enjoying this a lot on my skin! I don't usually do well with pomegranate blends no matter how much I like the idea, but this is just yummy, sweet fizzy pomegranate! Not sugar candy sweet though-muted-almost like herbal pomegranate soda water (if that makes any sense....)

Yep, I can totally see myself grabbing a bottle of this-don't have anything like it and it just works so well on my skin!

Now, I love pomegranate. Love love love it and I have to say that as far as a pomegranate perfume goes Swank is right up my alley. The description is pretty spot on but there's no "I spilled vodka on myself smell" it's just light and crisp with the right amount of sweetness for me and there's something that I can only describe as "bubbly" like champagne.

This is a lovely, berry blend, with a touch of sour to temper the sweet pomegranate. After a bit, it goes waxy like a lip balm, which some fruity blends tend to do on me. To bad, it was so pretty wet. If you're lucky enough for this to work, and not change from the wet stage, this would be a great summer blend.

I never really picked up the pomegranate clearly in this scent. It smells more like a straight up martini to me, or should I say what a martini would smell like after being spilled all over bare skin. It's clean and refreshing with a hint of booze on the air, a good choice for a lighthearted evening to drinking and dancing.

not my favourite BPAL, I wouldn't give it marks for complexity or beauty or composition - but its creative and unique in that BPAL way and definitely worth a try. Won't make it into my 5ML collection and actually even my imp will end up in the swap pile but worth a try all the same.

This scent reminds me of the few years DH and I lived in the UK.

It's sweet, warm and very girly. Very strong too - I just put a dab on my skin and it was very potent! Fruity and sweet berry smelling. This is a lovely scent :heart:

Fruity and fresh - the sweet red pomegranate is offset by a slight citrusy tang and the bite of the vodka. This would be a great summertime scent!