Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
supasonicsage

Choosing a BPAL for your dog

Ok. In his defense, he is very cool and would probably order the stuff for himself if he could.

In my growing hatred for everything chemical smelling, I would like an oil I could put on a brush before I brush him. My guy likes to spray him with this horrible apricot smelling stuff that the dog hates and I do to. He isn't really even doggie smelling....

Anyway, what is out there that is sort of mild (don't want to overload the poor thing) and isn't too floral (he is a boy after all).... maybe something woody or ceder or lavender or something like that.

You guys are so smart, I am sure you can think of something :P

Pain might be good, terrible as it sounds. I think it's lavender and pennyroyal and pennyroyal is supposed to be a flea repellent. I would dilute any oils because animals (especially cats, I'm not so sure about dogs) can be very sensitive to essential oils.

That sounds pretty good. I would never put it right on him cause I know that he may be sensitive to it... I was thinking just a little on his brush to help what little dog odor he has and to keep Steve from dousing him with that apricot junk.

Man, I hate how that smells. Artificial fruit smells :P

Don't feel bad. My friend will only wash her dacshund with Lush's Irresistable Bliss solid shampoo.

gretchen, my pug, HATES three witches. and she usually gets washed with lush's trichomania shampoo bar and coolaulin conditioner :P if she's sleeping in the bed, she better be smellin like heaven! hehe

I got some Pele on my kitty, Clare, and she smelled wonderful! I am considering putting some on her brush, too! My dog, Riley, hates Possets Hearts and Flowers--he darts away from me and looks sincerely perturbed when I have it on, lol, but the bpal scents seem to pass inspection.

Aureus is lovely and woody-smelling (cedar and spice).

My aging Lab (upon whom I never put fragrances) tends to bark at me when I put certain fragrances on myself. Hates a few of them, apparently...though others don't even make him lift his head and sniff.

The kitties are fascinated by some of the scents that are kind of green and herbal. Maybe I smell like catnip?

I got some Pele on my kitty, Clare, and she smelled wonderful! I am considering putting some on her brush, too! My dog, Riley, hates Possets Hearts and Flowers--he darts away from me and looks sincerely perturbed when I have it on, lol, but the bpal scents seem to pass inspection.

My dog's name is Riley too! :P My GF puts Anne Bonney on her and it smelles great. She doesn't seem to mind it either. Sometimes I dab Bakeneko on her, even though it's a Kitty inspired smelllie. It's all good, esp. since Riley's best friend is her cat Freddie Mercury :D

My dog's name is Riley too! :P My GF puts Anne Bonney on her and it smelles great. She doesn't seem to mind it either. Sometimes I dab Bakeneko on her, even though it's a Kitty inspired smelllie. It's all good, esp. since Riley's best friend is her cat Freddie Mercury :D

It still kills me that your cat is named Freddie Mercury. :D

I probably wouldn't put it on the cat because they lick themselves unlike dogs and ingest the oil.

I probably wouldn't put it on the cat because they lick themselves unlike dogs and ingest the oil.

yeah, it was sort of an accidental cat perfuming...and it was such a tiny amount, that i am sure she is fine...i have heard cats are perfume lickers in general though...one of my cat books recommending putting perfume on areas where the cat likes to pee because then they will associate that area with licking and not peeing there anymore because they don't like to "cross reference" *shrugs* I am going to Golemn up my pele and not even share the precious with the cat...after all, it will be in the best interest of her health;)