Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
spark

Himerus

The God of Sexual Desire, Longing and Yearning; an attendant of Eros and Aphrodite. A passion-rousing blend of juniper, sandalwood, rosewood, red musk, orchid, bergamot and lilac.

In bottle/imp: Juniper and dry woods.

Immediately on skin: This is a dry blend. Strongest is the juniper, and mixing into that I smell the orchid, strong and sweet. The red musk is a nice base to this… it’s very solid with a nice musky sweetness. The lilac wafts throughout the blend, and with the red musk gives this almost a dragon’s blood type of feel.

After a little while: Wow, this is a very sweet scent on me now! The orchid has taken center stage and blending into that is a light amount of sandalwood, bergamot, and lilac. The red musk gives this blend its base and it’s rather sweet, but nicely musky and the two really balance eachother out. I’d describe this now as a mainly orchid blend mixed with light bergamot and lilac with some sandalwood blending in and a base of warm red musk. This is an almost fruity red-purple scent.

Overall Impressions: This wasn’t what I expected from this blend. It turns very sweet on me, and the orchid becomes rather strong. I don’t like juniper so I’m glad that faded, but I wish the sandalwood made more of a presence. This blend ended up being very sweet orchid on me with a little bergamot, lilac, and sandalwood and a base of red musk. I just wish it had a bit more dept and complexity to it.

In the Imp: Spicy and complex woods. Very nice!

On the Skin: Softer and sweeter musky woods.

After a While: Musky floral with an undertone of woods.

Verdict: Gorgeous! Really like!

Oh dear. This blend really, really doesn't like my chemistry, it seems...

The initial application gave me a very mannish evergreen blast from the juniper. When that dried down, I was hoping for the woods and/or the musk or even the lilac -- but what I got was orchid, which smells like stale department-store perfume on me. Not good in either phase.

I can't even swap the imp, because the cap broke off in a way that it partially adhered to the top of the vial! *sigh*

in the imp: delicious red musk :D and lilacs : :P . I don't wear flowery scents, so I'm a little nervous.

on my skin: Mmmmm. This is really nice. It's resiny and sweet and juicy and deep, coppery red, and the flowers are mellow and ethereal. It's not perfumey on me, which is excellent. It smells resiny in a clean way.

It's a very romantic, ethereal scent, but with a strong, deep, juicy foundation. It's a very purple scent.

dry: The lilacs are beginning to gain dominance over the other notes. I would ordinarily be bothered by this, but I don't mind it here. The pale flowers are quite lovely over the red resiny notes.

rating: 4/5 This is my new delicate feminine scent. I might just get a bottle.

The only thoughts I had while wearing this was "sweet, very very nice, girly." I know that's not much, but those were my exact thoughts. It had a tinge of something that allowed me to foreshadow an unbearable lightness of sweetness. It dried very sweet on me, but the impression it left on me while it was wet was good enough to counter it. It's a very soft, feminine scent. When it dried, I couldn't help feeling like I was more ladylike that usual. :P Maybe it's the bergamot? I really like bergamot, but I'm really picky about how it's blended. Not for me.

Imp: initial sniff…floral

Wet on Me: Lilac and orchid

Drying Down: Sandalwood is coming out of the

shadows a bit to play now.

Dry: Sandalwood and the rosewood and a wee

touch of the bergamot holding hands with the red musk

now. This is nice and pleasant. I think I’m keeping the imp

WHOA JUNIPER. Is there anything else in here? Oh, a little lilac too. This is one of the few red musk blends I've tried that I can't pick out the musk in. There's some woodsiness here and some orchid but that damn juniper is just not letting anyone else speak up much. I find this rather masculine. Unusual collection of notes in Himerus, I'll give it that!

IN THE IMP: Spicy and dry. Definitely the juniper and woods.

WET: Becomes softer and sweeter, and the floral kicks in. I also smell a hint of fruit, probably from the bergamot? And musk adding warmth.

DRY: A surprisingly light fruity floral, with a background of dry woods, all on a base of red musk. I thought for sure this wouldn't work on me, but I'm actually considering keeping this imp.

I should preface this by saying that I am NOT a florals person. I like woods and red musk, but florals and I have a rather turbulent relationship. That being said, this blend was not for me. I like orchid as a note, but I think the lilac may have ruined this for me. On my skin, the bergamot and orchid came out first, which was pleasant. The red musk could be detected faintly, but after about 1/2 an hour this went FLOWERS! on me. The juniper lent a freshness here, but overall the experience was just too floral for me.

I did not expect to like this at all, but once it dried down it became a really beautiful soft musky, woodsy sweet floral. I have no idea how to descrbe it. I do not usually like florals, but this is just very peaceful. I think I might need a bottle of this! :P

i wish there was a bath oil of this scent. it’s relaxing yet sensual. a heady, full-bodied bouquet of orchids, with just the right amount of sexy red musk (my skin really amps it, and sometimes it’s overkill, but not here!) and a touch of citrus sparkle from the bergamot. i don’t usually care for bergamot, but it pairs so well with the red musk! oddly, i am really not noticing the juniper at all. but that’s fine, i’m still loving this blend.

Wow, I love this one! I got a lot of bright, playful spice over the gorgeous red musk. I think it must be partly the citrus bergamot really playing out nicely over the woods/musk base. I really didn't get overpowered by the flowers either, which is a relief. Wish I had tried this one sooner, it might be a new fave!

In the imp: at first sniff this smells just like freshly ground black pepper! :lol: This is a very strange assortment of notes to me, and isn't something I'd have picked for myself. It smells a bit like Malediction, Bloodlust or Malice (can't remember which.. all made me sick and I'm not going to go over my imps and do a sniff test to verify which is it :ugh:)

Wet: I get the red musk, florals and juniper. I don't mine juniper in blends, but I do NOT like it with red musk (which is a sweet, juicy note and to my nose really clashes with dry juniper) Still smells like black pepper...

Dry: The juniper dies back a LOT-- leaving only a fleeting pepperiness. I'm getting a lot more rosewood and citrusy bergamot. As others have said, a red musky base with spicy florals and woods. Not sure I could be bothered to put up with the weird/nasty initial stages though...

In the vial: Yow. :blink:

On the skin: I don't know what that is... I'm thinking it's the juniper. It honestly smells like hand lotion on me (which ironic, because of the name) and I'm pretty sure my skin just throws back the rosewood, lilac and the juniper. None of which are notes I like. I'm not sure I'd even like this on a guy. It is masculine, though, if you're looking for a guy scent. Bleh, juniper.

Wow, I had never heard of this until a lovely forumite frimped it to me. I guess I just overlooked it because the scent description doesn't sound like something I would like, and yet it is made of so much win! Woodsy and sweet - my favorite combination! The addition of juniper adds something really unique, too. I love this!

Wet, this was almost sickly sweet, from what I assume is the orchid and red musk. As it dried, the juniper came out to temper the sweetness, as did the sandalwood and rosewood, but in the end it was just too sweet for me.

EDIT: Okay, late late late into dry down, the notes began to blend beautifully. The sickly sweetness tempered down into a beautifully sweet, pretty, almost fruity floral. Still not enough for me to want a bottle, but pretty enough to recommend to a friend!

Edited by delighted

juniper, bergamot, and lilac pop out the most. it's a very pretty scent, but not for me.

In the imp: Sweet, herbal and slightly floral

Wet: Right away I get orchid and lilac. It's clean smelling like really expensive bubble bath. The juniper is contributing a sweet sort of scent to this but itsn't too strong at all, just a faint whisper in the background. I'm not detecting any red musk at all. Judging by the color of this, there really isn't much in here.

Dry: A bit more sandalwood and rosewood now...the orchid is fading fast. I'm left with a slightly powdery floral scent that's grounded with sandalwood.

Overall: Not bad but not for me.

OH HEY JUNIPER. Is there anything else in here? I can't smell them!

And to think I was worried about the red musk overpowering the blend...

In bottle: Ah juniper, note of death. The juniper nearly overwhelms everything, though the lilac and bergamot try to fight back. Wet: The turpentinelike juniper is dominant, though the other 4elwements are all discernible and the incense smoothes things out a bit. Dry: Not bad, actually. The orchid leads a floral counter charge and the effect is a smooth womanly floral/incense blend.

This is so strange! I don't get juniper at all - and I love love LOVE juniper. What I *do* get is a rich, sweet cloud of tropical goodness. Sweet bejeebus this smells good! It's red musk that actually works on me mixed with a tropical bouquet of glistening orchid and lilac. This is an incredibly sexy scent and is just how I pictured a succubus would smell like. Female version of Crowley, maybe :twisted: Keeper!!!

Inside the imp, I can pick out the juniper, lilac, and orchid notes straight away.

Wet on the skin, it's a soft lovely floral with just a bit of sweetness. The floral notes are so well blended on my skin that no single note stands out among the others, although I do get a bit of the rosewood over anything else.

Sandalwood just loves my skin. It always softens and sweetens any normally heavy floral notes as is the case again here.

I love my imp, but I probably will not buy a bottle any time soon.

Got this as a frimp recently. In the imp, I get fruity-floral with a hint of herbs.

Once on me, Himerus is a fruity-floral with a strong dash of herbs and the sandalwood. Hmm. The juniper and the sandalwood seems to be dominating the most here, with the florals trying to make a break for it. Eh. Not really for me.

Edited by Venneh

In the bottle: Sweet. Orchid and... something piney. Juniper? And some other florals as well

:/

I'm really not certain about this, but here goes...

Wet: Orchid. I didn't think I'd like this, but I really do. It's heady and sexy.

After 5 minutes: There's a whiff of juniper underneath, but it's very faint. There are other florals--lilac, definitely.

After ten minutes: Very, very floral. And the juniper's faded. This is sickly sweet and I'm not particularly a fan.

For the swap pile

Got this as a frimp, and was actually quite happy because I love juniper and bergamot, and had so far overlooked this blend.

My skin eats this up. I'm not even joking. On wet I can smell some juniper, distant sandalwood and a touch o florals, but within less than fifteen minutes it's completely gone from my skin, no matter how much I slather. I have no idea why this happens.

From what I smelled, this is a nice, soft, golden version of juniper and sandalwood, unisex, for those who like woodsy smells but not the usual piney air-freshener type.