Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Spices of the Orient mingle with crystalline musk, midnight flowers and cereus, jasmine, primrose and vesper iris.

In the imp: soft jasmine and some sort of divinely beautiful sweet musk.

Wet on me: The jasmine becomes a little sharper. The first thing I notice, though, is a blend of very gentle soft florals that I can't identify (so most of what's listed, then, since I don't know what most of them smell like!) and spices like the spices in Morocco.

After a few minutes: Wow, it suddenly becomes kind of juicy! The jasmine's a tiny bit soapy but so far is most definitely not ruining this blend. It's reminding me even more of Morocco but with florals and white musk in place of the vanilla.

Drydown: A slightly spicy, very airy floral that's evocative of a midnight sky. A floral cousin to Urania. Lovely!

zorya realy clung to me, and i mean clung! ;after washing my arm 3 times to get some stubbon paint off i can still smell it easily.

i found it a mix of floral and spicy, especialy fresh on;

unlike other scents, it was a complete warm down, with no real note becoming prominant after a while; it just became less strong and more wearable.

overall i found it a good strong likable scent, wearable, just not a love.

Zorya (light orange oil)

Imp: jasmine, soft powder, and a hint of sourness.

Skin: I found this very similar to "Midnight", with a definite jasmine note plus musk. It dries down to a soft floral powder, but somehow gains a cool and airy feel. I also felt a very slight hint of something salty that made it much more pallatable than superfloral jasmines.

I liked this better than Midnight, midnight went a bit sour on me. This managed to be dainty and glamourous at the same time.

Middle weight, slightly chilly, Winter scent.

imp: light florals with musk.

wet: jasmine and musk. i keep thinking i'm catching a hint of some other florals but, whenever i go in for a closer sniff, it's all jasmine.

dry: the jasmine wins out over the musk and is what remains on my skin for hours. this is really a nice jasmine, soft and sweet.

This was a wonderfully evocative scent when I first put it on - dark and crystalline, but soft and quite sweet at the same time. I'm lucky in that I don't amp jasmine the way a lot of other people do, but even for me it was less noticeable than usual, just a soft floral sweetness rather than standing out as a note on it's own.

I can't judge the scent past the first few minutes though because GAH! IRIS! :P I actually thought for a minute I'd get away with it, but no.... it lured me in then crushed me.

It was a lovely scent before the iris kicked in though, and if you can do jasmine then definitely give it a try - it's perfect midnight in a bottle.

Incensey and deeply floral, this is a good blend but I'm just not feeling it. Smells like a temple. Almost earthy on drydown, and the florals become a little overwhelming (and I like florals). Just...meh.

Initial Impression: light, clean-smelling. White floral and musk.

On Wet: musk, jasmine, iris, very airy

On Dry: very airy. A light, blended floral.

Final Impression: Very breezy and light with a hint of sweetness. I really love this.

Rating (on a scale from 1-5): 4

got this as a frimp with something else i purchased on ebay. i love frimps, and gift imps- they are a great way to try oils i might have overlooked on my own. this makes three favorites i have found that way!

this starts out as a fairly routine heavy oriental spicy floral but after a short while develops a strong extra "oomph" that just keeps me sniffing. i don't know what it is....perhaps the jasmine? the scents are very well blended and hard for me to distinguish between. whatever it is has moved this fragrance immediately into my 'big bottle list'.

it has good staying power, and was extra charged when i retouched halfway through the day.

i'd say if you like such scents as 'opium' and need something your skin won't eat up in a trice, to try this right away!

i think i'm going to have to add 'jasmine' to my must try list. i love the scent of the flower itself, and i think that may be the magic ingrediant here. just one way to find out! (my bank account groans....)

in the imp: lemony, but unfortunately, like lemon pledge type of lemon :D

wet on skin: same! :D

dry down: now it has morphed into one of those floral spray air fresheners with purple flowers on the can. :P

in all: clearly, this stuff hates my skin. off to swap we go!

In Vial: Whoa! super strong perfume

Wet: Oh man! Smells like an old lady.

Drydown: Thankfully this calms down to a medium scented floral.

I think something is wrong with my sniffer because all the scents I have tried lately seem the same to me. This just becomes a heavy, clingy, non-descript floral. Reminds me a bit of Pannychis I think. Not for use when you have a headache.

This is just such a perfect combination of florals; the delicate cereus and primrose, heady jasmine and the slightly spicy/smoky iris. The musk gives it an airy feel. The spices are very subtle, just a slight waft in the night air, to make it feel exotic.

Overall very refined. She is a beauty but a loft one.

I really need to get better at picking out some florals... Because I am familiar with jasmine that's the main thing I get from this blend (that I can describe anyway.) The jasmine is being rounded out a little bit, and I can feel the musky quality from the crystalline musk, even if I can't outright smell it. I wish this blend were sweeter and/or brighter, as I don't tend to like serious/calm florals. But this is a nice mellow floral (if you like jasmine anyway) and it does have a "night"-ish feel to it.

First review in a very long time. I received this as a frimp when my clocket arrived from BPTP.

In the imp: clean musk, light florals. I can't detect anything in the way of spices though.

Wet on skin: jasmine but not in an overwhelming way, still with the clean musk, slightly powdery in a fresh kind of way.

Dry: clean powder dominates, with florals, and something kind of ... earthy in the background.

It's not something I'd necessarily choose to scent myself with, it may be a way to get non BPAL converts used to your standard floral perfumes a gentle introduction ?

well i love jasmine, so the jasmine note was not a problem for me.

it was the strongest not at first, but there is so much else here at play, i wouldn't really call this a jasmine heavy scent.

the oriental spices and musks come out to play rather strongly as well and make this a rather dark and sultry scent.

there are some other florals in the mix i'm not familiar with, but am loving.

my overall impression of this scent is dark in the black dahlia sense, but also warm and sensual.

very different, intriguing, sexy, musky, and alluring.

this is one i might want to eventually get a bottle of after i fully test my two imps!

i'm just really digging this scent...it gets in my head and really sticks with me and i can catch a swirl of it everywhere i go.

dark and moody and mysterious.

it's not at all an overwhelming floral because of the spices and musks balancing out the florals.

just really a beautifully balanced scent a bit on the dark, sultry side of femininity.

Wet in imp - Musk, midnight flowers and primrose.

Wet on skin - The primose is really amped, with jasmine and the musk. To me this smells like a more tradition, “mature” perfume.

Dry on skin - The jasmine and musk have blended nicely together, with the other flowers adding a pleasant overtone. The rose is very mild, so the mature feeling is diluted and this has become a pleasant floral.

This smells like something I have smelled before and I can't for the life of me put my finger on it. This is truly a beautiful floral blend. On me, I smell mostly jasmine, but there are other notes present in the foreground I can't identify. I can barely detect the musk or spices. Overall, this stayed rather light on me. I agree this is definitely a sophisticated and refined scent.

Smell alike: well, toilets deodorisant? (All my deepest apologies to bpal creator!)

Color impression: ozone blue and bitter powdery grey

On me: Aaarg, I thought this fragrance will be a less carefree “Cordelia”. Wrong. On my skin, it’s just cheap, cheap cologne. Moreover, in the background, I get a faint bitter scent as if something was rotting :P Aaarg bis.

Wearing: Two letters: N. O.

(I guess I will try this one another time later in the month -if I am brave enough again ^^; My skin chemistry must be really messed up, usually my skin just loves jasmine and spices :D)

Edited by Cymbeline

in bottle: very perfumey like old ladies perfume

wet: this smells like bertie bott's earwax flavoured jellybean would taste like not pleasant at all

dry: finally settles into a pleasant enough but fairly bland perfume which is not good enough to make me put up with the earwax stage. This however is probably my skin chemistry's fault the only musk i can really wear is black musk or vanilla muskeverything else just turns rancid on me.

At first this completely explodes jasmine on me. Waaaaaaaay too much jasmine. I should know better.

Next the flowers come out, but it's still way too strong, mostly because i'm still amping the jasmine pretty heavily. My boyfriend takes a sniff and just says,"WOW." His nose is twisted up when he says this. I think he's trying to be diplomatic until I tell him how I feel. We both decide that it's just too much old-fashioned floral sting. Really floral scents don't tend to agree with me. I can do softer ones sometimes, but this is harsh.

After a couple of hours, it settles into a pretty, smooth white musk. It just took too long to get there.

3.5 out of 5. I'm being generous, and that's because the ending musk phase is very pretty. If there wasn't that, I probably would have given it a 1.

Imp: Jasmine and nothing else. It's cool. I like jasmine

Wet: Same

Dry: Mmmm...This is sooo pretty. Very mature and respectable. The jasmine is still strong but not cloying. The white musk keeps it soft. A nice, evening floral for when I want to wear a big-girl scent :P

Overall: Imp's a keeper, but I'm not sure a big bottle's in my future. I'll keep it around for interviews and stuff.

In the bottle – A floral that I can’t quite place; similar to jasmine, but greener

Wet on me – Floral with a slight edge of spice

Dry on me – Slightly spicy citrus

Overall – Neither here nor there really

This starts out really promising for me. In the imp it's sweet and floral, like jasmine, with some spice. I put it on and I'm liking it. It's spicey and floral, jasmine and now I'm smelling rose pretty strong (which I'm finding I don't like much). Later on it's smelling very faint and really soapy on me. Not good for my skin...

Imp: Gorgeous sweet, crystalline florals, particularly iris and jasmine, and a heady, deep musk. Not getting a lot of spice, but this smells just like a warm evening spent outside the languages and literature building on my campus-- in the spring these absolutely huge irises come up in every conceivable color and just bloom and bloom and bloom, and in combination with the clean night air it is just heavenly. This smells a lot like that.

Wet: Musky musk mcmuskpants, but sugary rather than animal, with the same strong jasmine as The Perfumed Garden and just a hint of iris. There's a little bit of soap lurking in the background but not enough to ruin it. Pretty but it's turned kinda generic. Oh, there's the spice-- I do get the comparisons to Morocco. Maybe red sandalwood? And there's almost something watery behind it, it smells almost like night dew.

Dry: A clinging, soft, musky floral, pretty but unexceptional. I liked this one a lot more in the Imp, before my skin had a chance to halfway kill it. I may end up keeping it for a room scent-- I can just imagine coming home and having my apartment smell like this in summer. Mmm!