Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Thorne

French Love

A warm, soft, sexual blend. Sweet and alluring. Used to entice new lovers and add an aura of temptation and carnal sin to your environment.

Uh oh. In the imp, this is the bright red of dragon's blood. I don't do well with super strong dragon's blood scents. Ok, let's try it...yep, dragon's blood. Lots of dragon's blood. It smells like stright up dragon's blood to me on the skin, and for a looooong time afterwards. After a lengthy drydown, there does seem to be a hint of some sort of flower...lilac, maybe? I'm no good with floral scents. There's a tiny hint of warm spice too, but it's mostly dragon's blood on me.

As for the voodoo properties, I'm all alone in my house right now, so I can't attest to them. :P

French Love is a very pretty dragon's blood scent and it doesn't seem to have that somewhat bitter herbal note that many of the Voodoo blends have. It has a tiny bit of spice, I almost want to say nutmeg but I think that might be wishful thinking on my part since I was hoping French Love was going to be a replacement for French Creole :P . The dragon's blood resin is not very strong, about half the level that is in Dragon's Milk and I think there is some light musk in this as well. This is kind of like Dragon's Musk Lite. Of the two, I prefer Dragon's Musk as I like a little more body to my scents. But I have to say, my boyfriend really likes this one, he thinks most of the perfumes I like are too strong.

This is lovely! In the imp, sweet, yummy dragon's blood. Same when first applied, with the added goodness of what I want to say is a light, toasty vanilla. I also get a touch of cinnamon. Not so much the smell of cinnamon, but more the tingle on my skin, although there's definitely a hint of it. Then gardenia? Which amazingly enough, isn't overpowering everything else. I'd prefer no gardenia, but still, gorgeous blend! Being a purpose oil, the notes/scents aren't the most important thing, imo. As long as it's not icky and headache/sneeze inducing, I'm good. This one doesn't do either of those things :D

Does it work as intended? Well...Hubby seemed to "warm" right up to it :P

Edited by Eros

In the bottle: Dragons blood and something I just can't seem to place maybe floral

On wet: First scent Dragons Blood, with a floral behind maybe Lily or gardenia. It is a slightly soapy scent but the dragons blood still leads the way.

Drydown: This switches to a more floral scent on me and then hits a slightly soapy period. Sadly this just doesn't seem to love me :P

in the vial: yeah dbr for sure

wet dbr and i think i agree w/ eros gardenia

as it dries it remains a dbr scent obviosly (plus my skin amps dbr) but there is a spicness to it and the very floral gardenia note there is something else. something creamy that pops up occassionally but i am not positive as to its origin. could be vanilla or possibly coconut...but coconut goes a tad plastic on me and this doesn't hmmm anyway it is yummilicious

From the previous reviews, its seems that Dragon's Blood Resin is a component. I don't think I've ever had a DBR scent yet.

In the Bottle: Musky...

On Skin: Its very warm... but to me it smells a bit like cough medicine. Maybe its the color association since the color of the oil is this strawberry red. There's a floral twinge to it.

Drydown: I can't identify a single note. I don't find the smell unpleasant, but it doesn't strike me as alluring. I don't feel alluring. In fact, smelling more of this is starting to make me dizzy.

Verdict: I'm a bit confused on what exactly there is in the blend. I don't think this blend is me, esp since after a few sniffs my head starts swimming a bit.

I'm not really certain why I placed an order for an imp of this. Voodoo blends don't really work on me at all. No, I do know why I ordered it. Because "French Love" is a cute name. Cute names always get me into trouble.

Got my imp in the mail and read the reviews for this... oh no, not Dragon's Blood :D. Dragon's Blood and I so hate each other. Still, I tried it on. It's nowhere near as bad as I had feared.

At first this smells sort of soapy... like sweet bubble bath suds. Floral bubble bath.

In the drydown, this becomes surprisingly pleasant. It smells light and sugary. Kind of like cotton candy with a hint of vanilla. Still, that floral dragon's blood-ish note is giving me a headache. *sigh* This goes through stages on me too... one minute I have that sweet sugary note that I love... then the next it's all dragon's blood. All faded away after an hour.

I'm not crazy about this and wouldn't purchase again, but I don't hate it and want to throw it out the window either. That's a step up from my usual experience with dragon's blood :P

in bottle

foody floral

on

This is surprisngly nice. it's sort of amberish or resinous, dragon's blood I suppose. There seems to be vanilla in here as well. The poster above saying it's the color red is spot on. Darkish red. And the person who mentioned bubble bath is spot on too. :P I totally smelled that when i first put it on. It's a warm, thick, romantic and comforting smell.

dry

It hasn't changed much. It's still a warm foody floral.

bpal scent category

foody/resin/ floral

throw

average

purchase again

No.

rating 1-5 (5 being best)

Summary

I'd say it smells like it sounds. It's almost a rose floral but not quite, and then it adds some warm resinous note, and a vanillary foodiness as well.

A bright translucent red in the vial, this blend is spicy and sweet. It does seem akin to dragon's blood. The floral note turns plasticky on my skin in the drydown.

Oh sweet Jesus- this is astoundingly sexy. I feel like one sexy biotch wearing this. It just oozes sex and debauch. **swoon** **inhale** :P

Um...this goes on warm and sweet. It reminds me very much of Dragon's Milk, in that the dragon's blood resin is strong, but it is a creamy scent.

It has a little more "tang" (read plastic(?)) than dragon's milk does, though. I think this is a floral note that I can't identify.

It is a touch spicy and pretty full bodied. It is definitely red.

In other news: I saw my boyfriend this morning and he was very taken with the scent. The compliments just came a-flowing, amongst other things. Check plus on the voodoo effects.

No like.

Dragons Blood. And Floral (rose maybe?). Its strong, and almost burns my nose. After it dries it turns into a very soapy smell. This might be good on a woman, so Im passing it on to my sweetie, maybe she’ll like it, and maybe itll work on her.

I must admit I had fun with this one. :P

Dragons Blood all the way. Fortunately I do rather well with the stuff. There's a sweetness, yet that certian TANG of sexy naughtyness below.

The DB faded more to the background when I wore it, and some sort of sweet but nice floral was the more predominant note. I was pleased that I chose that one out of my new imps to greet the boyfriend with last night. :D

In the bottle - yup, there's dragon's blood in there.

On me - at first, all I could smell was sweetness. Then the scent started to deepen, and dragon's blood and spices started coming out, which was quite nice. Then, it turned more floral, and lightened quite a bit. (Sorry, I'm really bad at picking out notes unless they pretty much scream and tell me what they are.)

Scent-wise, I'd give it pass.

However, the voodoo qualities seemed to work on my husband. :P

I doubt I'd buy a bottle, but I'll probably keep the imp around for when I want hubby's attention. :D

There definitely seems to be dragon's blood in this......and though dragon's blood tends to have a floral aspect on me at most times, there seems to be an additional floral component here, though I can't say which.

It's definitely sweet, too - but more of a sugar sweet than vanilla sweet to me.

I really can't do sweet florals.

And the boy doesn't like it either, so the voodoo properties appear to be circumvented in this case.

In Bottle: Soft floral.

On Skin: This is such a delicate scent. It reminds me of French lingerie, just laundered in an expensive rinse. There seems to be some Dragon’s Blood resin in this… that sweet powdery note. Also vanilla and maybe a dainty floral like violet or lavender. I can see the comparison to Dragon’s Milk but it doesn’t have that sickly sweet artificial note.

i don't know what dragon's blood smells like on me, so i can't say if it is present or not.

this was a lovely carnation scent on my skin. a heady floral, with hints of cinnamon and spice, which could have been the carnation.

i liked it, and it liked me.

i can't vouch for the voodoo properties, however! i was the happy recipient of great sex that night, but that isn't unusual for me so i can't say if the oil helped out or not. but who argues with success?

My Impression: Dragon's Blood smeared across a field of flowers with an edgy spice added, maybe cinnamon? This is liquid fire in a vial folks. Use caution.

Upon, drydown it settles into a more stable dragon's blood scent. I can't vouch for it's voodoo properties but I will say there is something amiss here...something that just falls short...

My scale of 1 to 5...this is a 2 :P

On me this was straight dragon's blood. Eventually it dried down to emit a hint of a fusty sweetness and it ended up being kind of old-ladyish on me. I'll stick to using it for candle dressings from now on, as the Lab has too many other love scents I prefer.

First Impression: Dragon's Blood, oh that color! :P

Second Impression: French Love is a bloomer, it starts off with the dragon's blood playing alone. But then as my body heat starts to warm the scent, POW! This morph's into an amazing sweet, red floral with a touches of patchouli grounding it. The longer it dries and blends with my chemistry, the more addictive it gets.

Final Analysis: To call this sexy/sophisticated/seductive just won't do. Perhaps a few of these might capture the essence of French Love...alluring, attracting, attractive, beguiling, bewitching, captivating, charming, come-hither, desirable, drawing, enchanting, enticing, fascinating, flirtatious, inviting, irresistible, magnetic, provocative, ravishing, siren, specious, tempting.

frenchlove.jpg

Great Dragon's Blood and lilac. Sounds icky sweet, it's not thanks to something I detect as cinnamon. Very nice and unique blend, not wacky just very good sweet and unusual. I like it very much. Do I want a 5ml? Well, I am not sure of that but this is a very good blend from the purely scent stand point, as far as its voodoo properties are concerned, my husband doesn't have a sense of smell so I can't rely on scent to rev him up.

One true thing I can say about French Love is that it is an unexpectedly lovely scent.

In the bottle, it was a bit sour, and I was hesitant to try it based on bottle sniff alone. But I decided to give it a fair chance.

On my skin, it blossomed into what I can only right now call a "light cinnamon creamsicle."

Maybe the "cinnamon" is really dragon's blood, but I don't really think so, as I generally DON'T like dragon's blood and it doesn't really like me. :P

It was a definite light, red spice, and pretty much stayed light after first application. The "light cinnamon" plays top note, while the creamsicleness gives it a smooth, solid bottom. :D

Though it doesn't really morph while slowly drying, I didn't really want it to either.

I give this one a 4 out of 5 on sheer happy factor when I'm wearing it. And I daresay that I felt just a wee bit sexy while wearing it. :D

Call it chauvinism or power of suggestion, but I just knew that French Love would work well on moi and it does, indeed!

Now that I read the other reviews, I recognise that wonderfully warm, spicy base note as being dragon's blood, mais bien sur!

There is definitely something reminiscent of Dragon's Milk in French Love, but the sweet, floral spiciness of it also reminds me of Follow Me Boy.

This is a well-balanced, warm, happy scent. It is effortlessly seductive, alluring and a bit naughty without ever being lewd or over the top.

I can see it becoming one of my staples. As for its Voodoo properties, wearing it makes me happy, and happiness is attractive, isn't it? :P