Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ina Garten Davita

Cinnamon girl...

i like the idea of smelling of cinnamon but have always been afraid of smelling like i'm *trying* to smell of it (harlot, for example). lately i've been living in blood amber and the lion- both of which have illicted "mmm, you smell like cinnamon!" compliments. it's quite subtle in both blends and i never expected other people to pick up on it. hurrah!

Edited by matilda

I can't *wait* to find out of Three Witches smells like my lovely SN cinnamon imp :D (THANK YOU ivyandpeony!! :D) I've smelled Three Witches, but I don't think I had the sn imp at the time :P

My favourite type of cinnamon smell is the spicy cinnamon smell, the sort of thing that makes you think of mulled wine and Christmas. :P Ditto with cloves.

Aunt Caroline's Money Draw, a TAL blend, is very cinnamony but hard to obtain...it's a magical oil but I love it's spicy scent...it also has a hint of curry like spice (well, on my skin it does).

Three Witches is my favourite cinnamon scent, and Tintagel has a lovely mulled wine cinnamon note. Eclipse is lovely but didn't smell very cinnamony on me, it had a beautiful glowing vanilla scent though which I love!

Wrath smells sweeter in the bottle, but like red hots candy when I get it on my skin. A little creamier when dry, but definitely cinnamon is the strongest note.

My BPAL cinammon tryad is Chimera, Love Me and Hamadryad. So gorgeous, so different... Chimera is still, after close to 300 oils sampled, my number one BPAL.

Malkuth is my fav cinamonny sweet scent!!!!!!!! You would adore this one

for sure!!! Try it out!! :P

The first thing my hubby said when he smelled Port-au-Prince on me was "Where'd you get the Big Red?" Now, to me, it smells more like cloves than cinnamon, but he *swears* it smells just like the gum to him.

And this thread just expanded my wish list once again. :P

Chimera is the closest to Big Red out of all the cinnamon scents I've tried so far. Love Me is second, with a cinnamon/clean/soapy fragrance that got sweeter as it dried. Sin was kind of like Satan's cinnamon, it was much more spicy and much less sweet.

I'd definitely echo Inferno & Chimera!

All Night Long had definite cinnamon notes on me, but smelled more like cinnamon-oatmeal cookies than candy.

Wrath is all around spicy. Clove + cinnamon + pepper. Dunno if that's up your alley though. :P

Wrath is big red gum.

Inferno is a more "refined" cinnamon - a little more malignant in the mood department, and while Chimera is definately very sweet because of almost and vanilla notes - it's more like a creamy cinnamon.

Wrath is chewing gum cinnamon.

Edit: Meant to say "almond", not "almost".

Edited by Medici

The ones that have screamed cinnamon candy red-hots on me are Hamadryad and Eclipse. Chimera was like heavy creamy-foody-honey-cinnamon. More like a baked good than a candy. :P

chimera on me is way way complex, and more of a confection done in a bakery then a candy.

malkuth imho is an excellent rec, it is cin candy.

port au prince is cinnamon and clove but more cinnamon on me.

i would say malkuth is your best bet. if you are looking for candy cinnamon, but chimera is so beautiful you should just try it cause it is fabulous.

Al-Sharain :P on me is like a spicy candy Atomic Fireball!

The cloves and cinnamon are the main thing but what makes it sweet is the orange, the peach and the incense.

It is the closest to what you are describing imo.

On me... the answer would be Sugar Cookie. :P

(just thought I'd throw that out there because the only other cinnamon's I've tried are Sin, all night long, love me, and GP... which have all been mentioned already and didn't really get candy-like on me.)

I think my body chemistry is quite wonky, but The Lion (which is supposed to be a warm amber, I know) was ALL Big Red chewing gum on me, and no amber.

I am new to all this, so please bear with me.

I only own 1 cinnamon scent and I LOVE IT!!! :P

When I ordered my first (and only, so far) set of imps the one I wanted most was Hamadryad, the spirit of the tree. (Trees are my thing :D ). When I got my order, I was coming down with a stomach virus and when I smelled it, I almost vomited. All I could smell was wet, moldy earth (this shouldn't have suprized me, after reading the lab's description). Anyway, I put it away and started enjoying my other imps and a few months later, I decided to try Hamadryad again. I got the cinnamon everybody was raving about, and when it dried down, it almost brought tears to my eyes, it was so lovely!!!

I don't know how Beth does it, but I STAND AMAZED!!!!

i can't believe it hasn't been said... red phoenix! yummmmmm! it's cassia, so its like a rounder, smoother cinnamon. :P

al-shairan also smelled like redhots on me.

Bloodlust is my ultimate cinnamon scent...I have tried several others with dominant cinnamon in them as I love the note but have found nothing to compare with my adoration of Bloodlust :D

I didn't think cinnamon would be a dominant note from the description but it is very much so on my skin chemistry(and is a very strong component in the bottle as well) :P

Court

Edited by Court Analyst/Strategist

Cinnamon lovers are SO spoiled by BPAL! :P I swear, there's cinnamon in half the blends I've tried that don't list it...

My favorite cinnamon blend is Three Witches, but my favorite cinnamon oil is the old cinnamon SN; it smells a lot sweeter and more mellow than the red-hots-like variety that seems to be in most cinnamon blends these days (not sure if it's actually a different kind of cinnamon or just an aging/batch dif thing)