Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ina Garten Davita

Cinnamon girl...

I've read the reviews and asked a couple of people, but one can never get too many opinions :P :

To all you cinnamon lovers out there, how does the Cinnamon SN smell? =) Does it smell like the cinnamon note in Tarot: The World (which I love)?

I lurve cinnamon. Besides Harlot :P I love/like:

Hamadryad - which has a ton of cinnamon :D

Tarot: The Lovers - sweetly, gently cinnamony :D

Gingerbread Poppet - of course this has loads of cinnamon and I adore it. :D

Three Witches - I have only sniffed, and sadly it's of course discontinued, but it smelled wonderful and strongly of ... you know. :D

Chimera - Also only sniffed this one. Very cinnamony ... just asked Macha about it yesterday and she said it turned on her. Ah, the cruelty of a note that doesn't work on you in a blend you would otherwise like.

Haven't tried it but I thought Hellfire was cinnamony ... it isn't listed as a note in the description, though. Then again, it isn't listed in Hamadryad's description either! Hrmm ... a couple of Hellfire's reviews mention cinnamon, but most don't ... so maybe it isn't very cinnamony at least... It has been reformulated as well, so all bets are off...

I would have to say Love Me :P

and on me, Chimera stays good thankfully- I have a big bottle of this!

i'm on of the people that can't use certain cinnamon scents as they burn, especially eclipse and inferno. three witches however was the only proper cinnamon scent i'd tried that i could wear without the red burning skin.

odd thing is that three witches smells so cinnamony and eclipse and inferno smell almondy to me.....maybe i react to almond as well

my fav smell is cinnamon as well.....

*goes off to cry*

Another vote for Hamadryad. BEAUTIFUL cinnamon - the spice, not the candy or gum. When I put this one on for the first time my eyes rolled back in my head. Gorgeous.

Inferno and Chimera both smell like red-hots, with a lot of almond in Inferno. I like cinnamon, but neither one was my cup of tea.

i'm on of the people that can't use certain cinnamon scents as they burn, especially eclipse and inferno. three witches however was the only proper cinnamon scent i'd tried that i could wear without the red burning skin.

odd thing is that three witches smells so cinnamony and eclipse and inferno smell almondy to me.....maybe i react to almond as well

my fav smell is cinnamon as well.....

*goes off to cry*

While cinnamon feels warm on my skin, I find that almond *burns* like mad - you may well be reacting to only the almond, and not so much the cinnamon.

I have an imp of cinnamon single note that I sniffed specifically for this reply. I got a sweet cinnamon from it, similar to the scent of Dentyne gum (but of course more complex than that).

The only cinnamon that's actually burned my skin is Inferno, and I still have a big bottle on my wishlist... I'm just planning to dilute it. If I end up having to dilute it too much then I'll use it as a room scent. But it's so beautiful. I added about 1/3 an imp to a 4 oz bottle of body wash and it is very intensely scented, but no irritation problems, so I know it can be done...

I was wondering, it seems to me that people fall in the "Eclipse" group or the "Chimera" group, but not both... is there anyone who can wear both? Eclipse did not work with my chemistry at all, but Chimera is so fantastic that I ordered a 10 ml. :P

I never knew what a cinnamon freak I was until I started trying BPAL cinnamon blends. I love Harlot and never in a million years would have imagined adding cinnamon to rose would produce such a lovely result. Three Witches is completely swoonworthy, another BIG bottle purchase for me.

And after reading this, I definitely have to revisit my imp of Hamadryad!

OK, this is going to sound weird, but I looove the smell of Big Red gum. I want to smell like it, but even weirder, I hate the taste. Are there any BPAL scents that have that artificial cinnamon scent (read: not cinnamon stick or potpourri)?

I just received an imp of Inferno and in the bottle it smells like an Atomic Fire Ball dipped in Maraschino cherry juice. On me, the cinnamon comes out a lot, but it stays really sweet. That would be a good one to try. :P

Ooh, good thread :P

I've been after a sweet cinnamon scent too. To this end, I have 5ml of Chimera on the way unsniffed and have been umming and ahhing about trying inferno for as long as I can remember. Hamadryad is a nice cinnamon scent- but not at all candyish.

I've been looking for one too! So far, the closest I've gotten is Hamadryad, which is pure cinnamon red hots. I've tried Chimera, which was nice, but not much cinnamon (but on my sister, Chimera was the gorgeous sweet cinnamon most people seem to get).

I've also heard that Love Me is a sweet cinnamon-vanilla, so it might be worth a shot.

Good luck!

Eclipse can be candylike on me at times.

Me too :D It has often develops a lovely sweet finish on me :D

I've been looking for one too!  So far, the closest I've gotten is Hamadryad, which is pure cinnamon red hots.  I've tried Chimera, which was nice, but not much cinnamon (but on my sister, Chimera was the gorgeous sweet cinnamon most people seem to get). 

I've also heard that Love Me is a sweet cinnamon-vanilla, so it might be worth a shot. 

Good luck!

I've tried Love Me, and it is indeed cinnamon sweet- but it has a heck of a lot of jasmine in it. Which just doesn't agree with my skin. :P

Chimera is exactly what you're describing on me, although it did turn more creamy later for me--a bit more like Cinnabuns or a cinnamon milkshake. I didn't get artificial cinnamon from Love Me at all--that was more a smoky, occasionally fizzy cinnamon to me. Wrath is cinnamon that packs a punch.

I'd say Chimera's your best bet, though.

I love Cinnamon scents and have been begging Beth for one on the Suggestions site. The only thing that comes close, in my opinion, is my bottle of Chaos Theory that smells exactly like candied cinnamon with a touch of a floral/herbal undertone....very faint though. It is seriously straight up cinnamon candy and I'd love to get another similar bottle.

Let's start a petition. I REALLY want this badly. I only have a small amount left in my bottle. Let's ask her to dupe it? (he he ....just kidding....but I wish)

I love Cinnamon scents and have been begging Beth for one on the Suggestions site.  The only thing that comes close, in my opinion, is my bottle of Chaos Theory that smells exactly like candied cinnamon with a touch of a floral/herbal undertone....very faint though.  It is seriously straight up cinnamon candy and I'd love to get another similar bottle. 

Let's start a petition.  I REALLY want this badly.  I only have a small amount left in my bottle.  Let's ask her to dupe it?  (he he ....just kidding....but I wish)

Your chaos blend sounds absolutely lovely Lorajc, how does it compare to Chimera?

Well, first of all, I believe Chimera has the Copal and Honeysuckle which come thru pretty strong on me and the cinnamon is only very faint with the myrhh (I think it's myrh or amber, can't remember) making it a biit resiny. My Chaos Theory is pure cinnamon upon first applying and when it dries down, it is still strongly cinnamon, but you get a very distinct cinnamon candy feel from it with a bit of a floral or herbal undertone that is very faint. It is mainly cinnamon candy......like cinnamon tack candy. I actually ordered about 6 bottles of the Butterfly Effect (Chaos Theory 2) in hopes of getting something similar. It is my absolute favorite scent and nothing in the entire BPAL line compares to it. I've tried every cinnamon scent. I was also lucky enough to get another cinnamon Chaos Theory last go around that is like cinnamon with almond but totally different than Chimera also....it has some other note in it that smells "hot".....like a white cedar perhaps and it may have an herbal/floral undertone as well because for some reason when I sniff it, I get cinnamon but also I smell "purple" if that makes any sense. The thing is .....this bottle leaked in transit and there was only a tiny bit left in the bottle. :P

I am soooo looking forward to the next round of Chaos Theory.

Did you see the discussion about Fire Eater on the Carnivale thread? They say it has a hint of cinnamon.

i would most definitely give chimera a try, i love it and i find it really gives that candy-cinnamon smell you're looking for. at least it does on me anyway!!!

It is my absolute favorite scent and nothing in the entire BPAL line compares to it.  I've tried every cinnamon scent.

Torture! Fingers crossed that you'll get luck with this round of Chaos blends. I was too scared to try for that very reason!

Almost every BPAL cinnamon scent, honestly. Which is bad for me, since I love cinnamon but want cinnamon SPICE, not artificial cinnamon candy!

Eclipse, Inferno, Chimera would be good choices for you. Hamadryad (on me) is cinnamon sticks rather than red hots.