Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
queenb

Eden

... This oil contains the innocence of the Garden, coupled with the Truth and Erudition found in the fruit of the Tree of Evil: fig leaf, fig fruit, honeyed almond milk, toasted coconut and sandalwood.

Eden goes on so very green and tangy. The closest thing ever to crushing fresh green (fig?) leaves in your hand. It makes my mouth water to smell it at first. The green note is always present but not predominant. The honeyed almond milk isn't what I'd call sweet but definitely fresh, much like the coconut. It takes a little while for the sandalwood to peek through but when it does, it ties everything together beautifully and lends it's softness. I wore this while exploring the woods and mountains in Oregon and when I'd catch a whiff of it I'd get this feeling like I belonged there. Almost as if the trees thought I was one of them. It's just so beautiful and sparkling yet soft and gentle. Eden's fig note isn't deep and dark like Intrigue, Gomorrah or Nemesis but more true to it's natural form. Love it, love it, love it!

This is so creamy at first. A little bit of coconut, but mostly honeyed almond milk. I LOVE this stage. I just want to hug myself. The fig comes out a bit later, lending this a bit of an earthier scent, but it's still rounded out by the milk. Several hours later, this smells like brown something, reminding me of a tree, but is probably the fig. I'm pretty sure it's the fig.

ETA: I kept on smelling chlorine today. That was odd, because I haven't gone swimming in ages. After looking around for my swimsuit, I realized it was because of Eden. From a certain distance, Eden smells like chlorine. I think it's time for Eden to go in the swap pile.

ETA2: Um. It was my socks that smelled like chlorine. :P Eden's still going in the swap pile, though.

Edited by malanna

another gifty imp!! Thanks, guys!!

Wet: Very green! I'm actually quite surprised by how green and light this is. I figured that it would be syrupy sweet.

On skin: Still fresh, almost like ivy, but now with fig and coconut.

Dry: Milky coconut away from skin, and spicy green figs and leaves close up. This doesn't have much throw, but I get the faintest wisps as I move my arms.

VERDICT: So fresh. So REAL. The fruits in this are REAL- they are really here in front of me!!! One of Beth's ultimate triumphs. She took what could have amounted to "way too much" and somehow made it just right. There is nothing cloying or vulgar about this at all, and one really does get the feeling that they are standing in the middle of a big pot of ambrosia.

Most importantly, though, I love Eden because no one does fig like Beth does fig.

Amazing.

In the bottle:

Holy hell that’s some strong and punchy almond/coconut!!!

Wet:

Why should almond/coconut sting so???

Dry down:

That was the fastest disappearing act I’ve ever experienced! That slap of almond/coconut mellowed right out and has left something incredibly complex and lush and captivating. It is so dark green, but smooth as all hell. My nose is still pretty virginal, so I can’t separate all the different notes. The only ones I can definitely identify are the coconut and almond, which are still waving hello to me from behind a silky curtain.

My second favourite so far for this BPAL newbie!

Wet this smells like almond, coconut and fig- yum! :D When first on it smells the same but is sharper and crisper. Quickly an herbal/fresh leaf undertone develops. Smells alot like fresh cilantro and fresh figs (rather than dried figs). After 30 minutes it becomes a lovely floral mixed with a bit of pepper I think. This is gorgeous!! :P This is a warm, round, full bodied blend. I love the combination of the green herbal note in the beginning mixed with the earthy warm notes in the drydown. I definately need a bottle of this! Amazing job Beth. :D

Eden, I could have loved you, if only you hadn't shielded your true beauty behind your green, green exterior.

Smooth and sensual fig, sweet milk, sandalwood and coconut. I'd love this if only the sharp green fig leaf would let go and let me enjoy the other notes.

My favorite scent and currently my only 10ml bottle! The imp I started with is a little different from the bottle but the difference works out.

My bottle smells of toasted coconut and the coconut remains the top note until it dries. Then it fades and is replaced by a piercing sharp sweetness which I assume is the fig. This is the note I'm addicted to. This sweetness isn't cloying but it isn't soft. It also stays constant throughout wear.

The original imp is the same as this but without any coconut. None at all. I don't mind the coconut in the bottle since it fades quickly but I assume it'll disappear as the oil ages.

In the Bottle: This was another one of the ones I wasn't so hot on to try in the lot I got from ebay. I dispise coconut and sandalwood goes screwy on me. Ugh....coconut and fig. That's all I smell. The fig is nice but the coconut is totally throwing me off. I'll test it further (who know I might fall in love with coconut and the apocolypse will commense) but I doubt it'll be going anywhere but to the swap pile.

Wet: Oh guh...coconut...and lots of it. It's backed up by it's brutal buddies fig fruit and almond milk. The only thing that could have made me want to rip off my arm more would have been if the sandalwood had put a pencil scent in here. I dislike this very much and it will be going to the swap pile. Although it was nice for a moment when the fig stood alone I've decided the other scents just can't work together nicely on me.

Drydown: Coconut and almond milk. You know it wouldn't be half bad with a little more almond to cover up a bit more of that yucky coconut.

my top 10 had a new member, and even my top3 had a new member.... no actually i think i have a new no. 1.

:P

Eden is all the perfect BPAL combined. It has the good parts of O, Dana O Shea, Kali, Alice and Perversion!

oke, I am to much stunned by this scent that I am off th sniff my arm:-)

In the bottle:

Sweet, a hint of very green fruit.

Wet:

Almonds, and...coconut? Honey? (I didn't know the notes in this until after I put it on, so I'm glad I could pick these out at least.) Yum yum!

Drydown:

The milky sweetness of almond and coconut fades after a minute, and then there's a dusty smell (sandalwood, I'm guessing), and then a very strong, pungent greenery scent, like crushed leaves. It's interesting, but I hope the sweet milky almond/coconut comes back again.

Five minutes later, the sharpness of the greenery retreats a little, and now I'm getting fig, along with a rush of honey. This scent is a morpher.

Finally, it's settled down into a balance of the elements -- creamy almond/coconut (I can tell it's toasted!), figgy fruitness, a hint of dusty sandalwood and green leaves behind, and the honey sweetening everything. Because my skin makes everything sweet, this is getting just a little too sweet, but it's really pleasant and tropical. I can definitely see myself wearing this a lot.

Mmmm, this smells so milky and creamy when I put this on, with a dash of coconut. The fig comes to dominate the scent (milky fig), but I love the creaminess to pieces. Eden doesn't smell like a lush garden, but a tropical paradise, with the little umbrella to go with it. I feel like liquid when I wear this. I just want to slurp myself up.

Holy coconut milk batman!

That's what I smell when this is first applied: really, really, REALLY sweet coconut milk. Did I say sweet? It's tooth-rottingly so!

I wasn't expecting this scent to be so sweet. Luckily it mellows in 20 minutes or so--I like the sweetness, but it was too much for me. At drydown, this is a lovely, softly sweet fig and coconut scent. It's very tropical, lush, and green. Very pretty and unusual.

I almost adore this. I absolutely love the figgy, coconutty, and slightly green components of the scent. And then the undernote of sandalwood jumps in with a creepy, off-kilter note. Mind you, I like sandalwood in some other combinations, but my nose just doesn't like this particular combo. Sorry, Beth, but for me, this just doesn't quite make it.

ALMONDS!!! yummy! smells like marzipan! on me i get more of the coconut and fruit, esp. the fig, but overall it smells like warm almonds and touch of sweetness.

Fig leaf and sandalwood. My grandparents used to have a fig tree in their backyard that I used to love to climb in and just read in the branches. This smells like the leaves and the woods.

I love this

Oh, Eden, you heartbreaker.

I had such high hopes for you: coconut and fig are some of my favorite notes, and the green note in Baneberry worked out really well on me, so I thought you would be like that. But with fruity fig and coconut instead of the berry.

However, you made the green scent was really sharp and overpowering, and made me a bit ill. :P

Back to swaps for you. :D

Unfortunately, on me, the Garden seems to have burned down. :P

I was hoping for some sandalwood (yum), some fig, maybe some coconut. I was actually expecting the coconut to play a starring role, because my skin tends to find the sweetest note of any blend and amp the living hell out of it.

However, all I'm really getting is a mixture of a smoky scent, a tobacco scent, and a sort of woodsy scent. Overall it smells kind of "burnt" and also a bit too masculine. Once in a while, a honeyish note politely raises its hand, but is quickly smacked back down by the tobacco. I think this one is not for me.

EDIT: It's several months later, and I decided tonight to give Eden one last chance before giving it away. WTF?!? Suddenly this smells good! I don't get any almond, but I can pick out the sandalwood and some greenery, some fig, and some toasted coconut that still has a hint of "burnt" but somehow isn't as troublesome as it was the first time. I have no idea what quirk of body chemistry or menstrual cycle is kicking in here, but I ought to remember that I can wear Eden at least SOME of the time!

Edited by lady_pandora

IN THE BOTTLE: Saccharine coconut. I am hesitant.

WET: Coconut and I swear I smell coffee...maybe I'm just in need of a java fix.

DRY DOWN: Smooth and beachy with a dash of fig.

AFTER 3 HOURS: I need to make this into a hair/body fragrance spray for the summertime. It turns to exotic beaches for me. I feel like a mermaid! Hey, they don't have belly buttons and neither did Eve.

In the bottle: *sniffsniff* It smells like freshly cut plant stems, maybe even a little grass.

On my skin it's gross. eeeuuk! I'm not getting any of the honeyed almond milk, the coconut, or fruit; I'm just getting this overpowering, bright green, sweetness. It really is a deadringer for the smell you get when you cut a ton of flower stems all at once; that acrid, green, flower-blood kind of scent.

I'm positive this would smell divine on someone else, but on me it simply doesn't work.

A really fabulous scent in regards to matching the fabled place, however. :P

On first application, this is a gorgeous combination of honey and creamy almond, with a hint of spice behind it. Yum! It's fresh and sweet, without being cloying. As it dries, however, it takes a sharp and slightly bitter note, which I think is the fig component. It's not bad at all, just a little surprising after the initial stage. It's a little green as well, evoking the lush growth I picture when I think of Eden.

As the scent fades, it becomes green leaves with a hint of something sweet. It's a lovely blend at every stage, though.

In the vial: Something warm, almost nutty, overlaid by a sweet fruit, maybe apple or grape or both.

Wet: Fig, probably, as it's sort of a warm, sticky fruit smell. Honestly, it smells almost like pumpkin and honey mashed together.

Dry: Which is not to say that it's bad. It's *extremely* sweet, but it's not really foody, or not a food that I could easily name. The nutty/creamy scent keeps it from being sickeningly sweet and keeps it warm. Has decent throw and doesn't change much beyond the final creamy sweet stage. I don't know that this is a get a huge bottle scent, but it's not bad for the imp.

In the imp and wet on my skin, this is just gorgeous. I can smell the fig fruit and the honeyed almond and just a hint of the fig leaf. Unfortunately the coconut and sandal wood take over in a major way on drydown and that doesn't really work for me. It becames less fruity and sweet and more heady.

In the vial it smells citrus and nutty. Weird combination.

On my skin it intensifies and the fig fruit is definitely the dominant note. I'm not all that fond of it. It still smells very nutty but also sour. I don't get any green and bpal's cocconut never shows up on me at all.

Not the worst I've tried and it's tolerable, but not really that pleasant.

Ah...figgy, almondy goodness! This to me is sweet, but not overwhelmingly so. The sandalwood is quite faint, and the coconut mixes beautifully with the sweet notes of fig. I had hopes for Eden, and I was not disappointed. It is so beautiful. The drydown is soft and yummy; faint sweetness that lingers. I am so glad I tried this and will order more. :P

Yeah, definitely almond, coconut, and almond milk with teensy honey bit, and Yeah, I get the fig in there... OMG A BPAL IN WHICH I SMELL ALL THE NOTES!!!

Blow the horn! Dance til dawn! Wow, that's a first.

I like it. It's sweet, it's foody, it smells like a Fig Newton, it's fun. It isn't a favorite, but I will wear it again. Kinda musty, I remember the coconut in Black Pearl doing that to me also, to my dismay. Overall it's a good one.