Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
queenb

Eden

At the center of the Garden of Eden stands the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. Though modern interpretations of the Bible claim that it was an apple that the Serpent of the Tree offered to Eve, it is widely believed that the true Fruit of True Knowledge was, in fact, a fig. This oil contains the innocence of the Garden, coupled with the Truth and Erudition found in the fruit of the Tree of Evil: fig leaf, fig fruit, honeyed almond milk, toasted coconut and sandalwood.

This is unbelievable! I am in love with this, and I am sooo happy that I bought a bottle unsniffed. This starts out really green, then the fig comes out and calms down the greenery. Later coconut slides on in with the help of honey. This really is my favorite so far. I love the way it smells on me, especially that it morphs from something so fresh & green, to something so smooth and creamy. Love it! :P :D

In the imp: Fig leaf and fig fruit, over a background of almond. Where's the coconut, yo?

Wet: Hmm... Interesting. It's greener than I expected, for some reason. The fig fruit adds a bit of sweetness, the almond a bit of bitterness and now I can get the barest whiffs of coconut.

Drydown: It dries down to a pretty coconut and almond in this stage. The fig fruit is still there, adding sweetness, but the green note is nearly gone.

Final thoughts: ...and then my skin ate the scent. In a little over an hour, the scent is gone from my skin. Uh... :P

Gorgeous! First sniff reminds me of fresh cut alfalpha - a meadow sweet green on a warm summers day. Fig takes center stage as the green fades, followed by warm coconut, and a creamy goodness of almond milk.

Dry: Fig and coconut blend into the perfect sent along with the sandalwood, for that gorgeous after thought. A faint whiff that draws your attention when you move, and makes you want to investigate further.

My nose has been stuck to my wrist all day over this one. A must have 10ML!!

In the bottle and when wet, the greenery is lush, thick and ALIVE...like a freshly blazed trail through the jungle.

On the drydown, the coconut emerges. At first it is like sun tan oil, and then it toasts up nicely. I can almost see it browning, becomming crispy. It is sweetened with fig. Ohhh fig. Juicy and delicious-so sultry.

While it dosn't have as much throw as I'd like, I am still getting wiffs of myself 2 hours later. I am left with a nutty, sweet and creamy ambrosia on my wrists.

Definately a tropical smell. Great for vacation, summer, or a guided imagery getaway!

Origin - imp, fresh from the lab'

Wet - surprisingly green! It smells like a garden, with a little fig drifting in the background.

Dry - as this begins to dry, the other notes sneak out. I get a little honeyed almond milk, a little toasted coconut and a little sandalwood. This smells delicious, but the fig leaf is still extremely prominent. I only get the other notes by sniffing my wrist and really looking for them. If the fig leaf wasn't quite so strong, this would immediately be my number one scent, but it really is overpowering all of the deliciousness. I may get a big bottle of this at some point, but it's not the overwhelming need that I had for Elegba.

On the wickedgoddess scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being best, this rates a 4.

Wow. I'm so glad I swapped with velvet for this!

In the imp: Green. Like standing in a nursery right after it's been watered.

Wet: Still green. Slightly bitter. Some fig, but not too much. I'm not too fond of it, but since most people say this changes dramatically, I'll stick it out.

Dry: Oh. My. God. The green just melts away, leaving a mix of honey and almonds with coconut peeking out every now and then. It's a warm, lush scent, nearly decadent.

I LOVE THIS. My skin usually amps up coconut, but this time it stays mellow. Overall, the scent will waft up every now and then, and when walking around, it's like being in a cloud of paradise. This lives up to its name, and I want more. Now.

Eden - gorgeous! starts out fresh, green and a little of the coconut warmth; kind of like coconut tree leaves or something; it warms up slowly to reveal soft sweet coconut that eventually becomes honeyed coconut...

Yet somehow this remains fresh all the way from the start to the finish, without making the honey any less sweet and rich. Beautiful!

Quite long lasting too.

ETA - I forgot about the figs! Usually the lab's fig blend doesn't work on me - too strong or something - but this is a totally different fig note to that! :P

Edited by Galen

Eden.

Well, hello FIG.... and GREEN! yikes....:P

This is the first bottle I have ever ordered (and I have done my fair share of ordering, I can tell you) that I did not sniff first.

I'm not even sure why, I like fig, but am not a huge fan...But I am glad I did.

This is the greenest - figgiest scent I have ever experienced, and it is definitely rich & full bodied (someone else mentioned full bodied and they were right on). Somehow I did not expect such a green scent to be so intense but Eden is, at least on my wrist. The coconut and sandalwood emerge from the forest after a long while and the green-ness settles down and all the notes soften and last through out the day. This is an exquisite melding of color and fragrance, a must to experience.....:D

Edited by fragrantgrasse

Oh, Eden - how I love you! :P

At first, I was a little worried, because in the vial and wet on the skin I got a sharpness from Eden that I didn't quite expect. Lots of sandalwood, and the coconut was definitely toasty and sharp. I expected a creamier scent based on the description listing honeyed almond milk.

But, as Eden dries, the sharpness fades, the fig and honey milkiness come out, and I am in heaven. I am another one who has had her nose mashed to her wrist all afternoon. Absolutely perfect!

I was so sure that I'd love Eden that after ordering the imp with 13, I went ahead and ordered a 5ml in my Honey Moon order. I am so glad I did - come to mama, my beautiful bottle! This scent has leapt to the top of my favorites list!

LunaSea said it, in the bottle I was so alarmed at the amount of sharp green that I did a double take of the label. Indeed, it was the 5ml of Eden I had so longed for. Remembering the other reviews that the green does fade in the dry down, I did a decent slather of the wrists.

Wet, still very sharp green. Could this be the fig leafs? I so vaguely remember the Apothacary smelling like that so it has to be.

Dry, this is the blend that I have waited for when looking for a coconut. Egads, I would shower in this if I could. Warm and fantastically sweet....a true winner. Perfect for the humid days of Minnesota summers.

Adore it. :D :P

A 10ml is on the wishlist.

Eden: BEAUTIFUL , BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL!!! Once again Beth has outdone herself. :D From the bottle I smell honey almond sweetness, then on my skin I do get the green fig leaf aroma but that does not stay for long. After 2 min or so I get the lush coconut, milk and sandalwood with just a teeny bit of greenery in the background. Im sooooo glad that I bought a 10ml of this enchantingly exotic breathtaking blend! :P :D

Absolutely amazing! Honey almond is the top note, and it's milky and creamy. The fig and coconut are close behind, for a mouth-watering result. This is the kind of scent that makes me sigh with pleasure everytime I take a whiff. It's like the center of a rich cream chocolate. It's decadent, smooth, sweet, one of my new favorites. I need a 5 ml! :P

Wet: loads of coconut and something fruity. This is a happy and light tropical scent.

Dry: A bit fruity now, but not too much. The coconut disappeared, but I don’t mind.

I thought that because of the coconut and the honeyed almond milk this would be a very cloyingly sweet scent, but it’s not. The figs, leaves and sandalwood tones the scent down, and gives it some body. I don't smell any almond too, thank god!

The thing I like about fig is that it's not so tartly fruity. Figs have a bit of a perfumy scent too, which I like in this blend.

This is a very interesting scent. I can’t detect any of the notes individually, it’s very well blended. It smells like summer: light and fruity and a bit woody too.

This’ll be a bottle for me. :D

On the scale from 1-5 (5 being "I want a big bottle of this!"), this is a 4 but it might become more... :P

Eden is a goregous fragrance. The fig notes are very prominent when I wear it. It is sort of an earthy floral. The dry down is a bit powdery. It is very light and can be worn easily in the day.

Wow, I just have to say that this has gone straight in at number 1 in my all time fave BPAL scents- it is gorgeous.

In the bottle -Fig, fig and more fig

Wet -Fig with a slight tartness to it stunningly beautiful

On the Drydown - Fig with a touch of honey drizzled over it. When I say fig I mean juicy ripe fresh fig as opposed to fig roll biccies.

Dry- The perfect fig and Honey combination.

This lasts really well but after a few hours I get a deep mellow honey with hardly any fig.

I love this at every single stage.Fabulous :P

My first impression of this blend was the coconut, with a delicate soft sweetness that I assume must be the fig, although it doesn't scream with figginess or fruitiness. I applied it last night before going to bed, and hadn't read the lab description, so I was surprised this morning not to find apple among its notes, as I was sure I could smell a bit of tart ripe apple in the paradisical coconut notes. This is a lovely scent, calming and comforting.... and as a side bonus, it gave me a dream in which I was walking by George Clooney and he commented that he liked my perfume! In the dream, I stopped and applied more Eden from the imp I had with me, and offered him my wrist to smell, and he said again how much he liked it. Now, I can't guarantee that you'll attract George Clooney in your dreams -- or in waking life -- but the possibility alone seems worth trying this perfume, doesn't it? :P

When I first read the description with the update, I thought for sure it was a scent I would love, and I got a 5 ml unsniffed. I was looking forward to this one for quite a long time.

This is really lovely, although for me I would prefer a bit more of the sweet notes than the green notes. I have the green leafy stage for the first 2 to 3 hours, and then the sweet fig, honey and coconut start to appear. This is quite long lasting too, which is nice.

I have to say though with that particular order (including 13, elegba, ace of hearts, honey moon, strawberry moon) I was thinking Eden would be my fav. It is really nice but love others more than this. Will definitely use this though and enjoy it.

Yay! I finally got my Eden today and it was worth the wait!!! Unshaken, I smelled a soft coconut, but after a nice and gentle shake, the fig and lots of sweetness came through. If I mixed it with my 13, I think I'd get a perfect almond joy scent, hehe! By itself though, it's a non-conventional island scent, gorgeous, and perfect for summer. Adore it!!!

I got a freebie imp of this in my last order. When first applied it had a nasty, bitter, burned smell. It was so unpleasant that I washed it off after about ten minutes. Tried again a week later and got the burned smell again, but after about 15 minutes it goes away and I get fig and coconut. Not Coppertone coconut but true fresh coconut. It's rich and beautiful. After about an hour it’s honey and milk, with just a hint of fig. I didn't get much almond or sandalwood. This scent is so complex. I really, really like it. I'm going to get a bottle with my next order.

Ranking: "love" (would be "yowza" if the first few minutes weren't so unpleasant)

Eden is a scent that I have dying to try so when my imp came yesterday, I was very happy to try it. When wet, it is very sharp and to be honest, not entirely pleasant (well, at least not for me). I don't know what fig smells like on it's own (as a single note) so I can't say if that's what I was smelling but I presume so. After about 30 minutes other scents start to come up. First a dry sandalwood then a bit of dry coconut. I expected this scent to be very creamy and it is not. I expected it be my favourite scent ever, and it is not. In the end, Eden smells like a dry wood that has been rubbed with coconut oil and I think it might smell good on a man. However, I will say that Eden is an oil that does not quit, I put it on my hand at 2 PM and washed my hands repeatedly, took a shower and everything else and when I woke up the next morning my hand still smelled like Eden :P

In the bottle:

Green and fresh like green tea

On me:

This is such a refreshing scent, right away it smells clean and green - which I assume must be the fig leaf. The fig is in there too, adding a tart, yet earthy back up to the green smell. After wearing this for half an hour, I still don't really detect any sandalwood or honey, and definitely no coconut, but that's okay with me because this is one pretty scent.

Final note:

I could see myself wearing this anytime when I need to feel fresh and cool (like any super hot and muggy day like this one!). It's very refreshing and unique, I love it! I do wish that the sandalwood and coconut were a little more present on me, but aside from this, I'm quite happy with this blend.

EDIT: Oooh! Tried it on a second time and there's the coconut! It's so very faint, it just kind of makes this a little more tropic like. This is so a great summer blend!

EDIT: And hours later I can still smell this AND it's very sandalwoody now lol. This has changed a lot over time, and I'm very pleased with all of it's stages and how long lasting it is!

Edited by Brianne

this started off somewhat tart, but on drydown smells like sweet milk with coconut and an undercurrent of sandalwood. very pretty

In the imp/just applied this is a sharp & tangy wild honey with light, toasty coconut dancing in the background~GORGEOUS!! Turns creamy for about 15-20 minutes then...here comes the sandalwood :D Recently, I've found that sandalwood feels the need to go all soapy powdery on me while it does it's best to irritate my sinuses and dry out my throat. No exception here, unfortunately.

If it stayed true to the imp and first applied, heavenly! But nope, party-pooper sandalwood keeps that from happening. :P

I like this enough in the imp that I'll give it another try in the near future. For now, I'll pass.