Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
queenb

Eden

This oil contains the innocence of the Garden, coupled with the Truth and Erudition found in the fruit of the Tree of Evil: fig leaf, fig fruit, honeyed almond milk, toasted coconut and sandalwood.

This went backwards from the description. Sandalwood in the bottle — overpoweringly so. This struggles for a moment on application, and then shifts to a toasted coconut. That lasts for about 10 seconds before morphing into a wood note, maybe fig tree? and then that becomes soap. So done.

No almond, no honey. This sounded much more appealing on paper and in everyone else's reviews. :(

Edited by Soupy Twist

At first, I didn't really like this one. It smelled very sweet-foodie in the bottle, like a coconut macaron. Very heavy on the marzipan, lighter on the floral notes. My mistake was sniffing all my new imps in the same sitting. When I tried this on by itself a few days later after a shower, my opinion on it totally changed. It starts out sweet and nutty, with the coconut and almond coming through the most, with a really light but sharp green floral in the background. As it dries, the honey comes out and brings out some really nice spicy notes, also toning down the marzipan smell a lot. Even though the name evokes a garden, I think this would be a really awesome winter scent. It's warm, sweet, comforting, slightly spicy, and very feminine.

The first stage is so much like Halfling to me, then coconut, then it dries to a tropical fun summery scent. Unexpected progression, and I think I love it.

--editing this to say, I think I don't love it. It turns the same as Obatala at drydown, but I think I'll still wear it to the pool : )

Edited by rachelos

This is a perfect scent for when you want to smell good, but you don't want to be overwhelmed by perfume. It smells white and sweet and creamy. It smells soft and inviting. It feels like leaning in and getting a warm, needed hug.

The fig isn't cloying or too sweet, it's balanced perfectly with the honey and milk scent. As it dries, it smells like a whiff of sandalwood and almond - almost breezy.

This is the scent I wear when I'm cuddling my baby. It feels nurturing, warm, and safe. 10/10, I will buy a bottle of Eden whenever it pops up!

It's too overpowering on me. I get nothing but sweet almond milk and toasted coconut. It's really quite strong and throws pretty far. I don't think I get any outright fig, but it might just be the almond and coconut drowning it out. If I liked creamy almond, I'd be all over this. Sadly, I'm not really a fan.

I have a fairly aged imp here. Opening the cap, it's spicy milk, definitely almond! I think I get the toasted coconut, but it's not coconut forward at all. It is blended pretty seamlessly. Then, the round, watery fig. It blends very nicely and maturely (these notes are perfect together) but I lose longevity pretty quickly as soon as the full bodied almond milk scent disappears. Within fifteen minutes in left with a nondescript, toasted scent. Anything juicy or sweet disappears pretty quickly. While this blend started off with something special, it left much to be desired in a short period of time.

Mmm this is largely sweet, toasty almond milk and fig on me. Just a little coconut creaminess underneath. Feels a little spiced as well. Glorious, loving almond milk in perfume!

Wet: Lots of toasted coconut, and some creaminess from the honeyed almond milk.

Dry: The toasted coconut overthrew all the other notes, basically. :lol: There's definitely still a sweetness to the blend, but I would say this is 95% toasted coconut, 4% honeyed almond milk, and 1% plastic on me. Disappointed the fig never made an appearance!

If you like coconut, you should grab this. It's definitely registering as more of a foodie coconut on my skin, like what I'd smell on a German chocolate cake. (Just, you know, minus the chocolate. ... Though if you want that, you could probably layer with Bliss!)

Edited by donkehpoo

One that's been on my wishlist for ages and randomly showed up as a freebie with a recent lab order.

Imp: almond, honey, and a little hint of fig tree and olive wood

Wet: fig and sandalwood, incredibly sweet, with a toasty waft of coconut starting to emerge. Its a weirdly fleshy coconut, not at all like a dried, desiccated sort, which blends with the bitterness of the almond to create a lovely coco-marzipan effect.

Dry: so hard to tell what the drydown is like, because Eden disappears almost as soon as I apply it. After only a few hours, I'm left with the faint after-smell of suntan lotion and a hint of sweetness. In the wet stages, the throw is pretty decent, and the overall mood is love, but the (lack of) longevity prevents me from giving this a higher rating.

Stars: ★★★½

In the imp: I get the toasted coconut first, followed by the stronger honeyed almond milk. 

On my skin:

Wet, the toasted coconut leaps to the surface of this scent, which means I worry if it's going to dry off and fade first as well. As it dries, the honeyed almond milk does come out, but the toasted coconut graces the top of it beautifully. There is just a hint of fig fruit, but it's far in the background. At this stage, it feels a lot like a coconut scent though coconut isn't providing most of the substance; it does, however, blend very well with the honeyed almond milk. 

Once I give it some time to develop on my skin, however, the fig gains in prominence while both the coconut and almond milk recede. Because of the fig's sweetness, I can't tell what's happening to the "honey" aspect of the almond milk. I can also detect the barest hint of sandalwood, just enough to ground the blend. It's a very pleasant figgy scent here, but I'm definitely missing the coconut phase. 

Sadly, after that, the fig too begins to fade. Total wear length is less than an hour on me. 

I like it while it lasts, but Eden is very fleeting. 

Tried this as an imp and constantly go back and forth on whether or not i want a full bottle. Wet on skin to the initial drydown, it smells very green, but like a powdery, soapy green (on my skin at least). It's not my favorite at that stage. But, the reason I keep coming back to it is because after about 20 minutes, it turns into this lovely sweet marzipan scent that is borderline foody but also just pleasantly sweet. The honeyed almond milk combines with the fig to make that sweet cent, and if I could find a perfume that was just those I'd be k=hooked (maybe like Dana O'Shee?).  If you like both sweet and green scents give this a try for sure, hopefully the green doesn't go powdery for you.

In the imp, it's mostly fig and coconut -- rich, sweet, tropical. After applying, the sandalwood starts to come out more and gently tones down the foodiness of the scent. After drydown, however, the sandalwood fades and the fig, almond milk, and honey become dominant, while I can't quite detect the coconut anymore. Overall final impression is fig, almond, and faint honey -- definitely gourmand, but not as aggressively sweet as it might sound. Almond lovers might enjoy this one.

From the imp: SUGAR.

Wet on my skin: ALMOND. This is absolutely the scent of a sugar cookie drowning in almond extract, moist & served with afternoon tea.

As it dries, I'm getting a woodiness that wasn't there before. We're quickly moved out of baked goods territory. Someone has brought our almond goodies to a dusty cabin, warm & ready for the season.

Further dried down, is that apple I'm getting? Maybe there was something in the cottage oven after all.

I like this, but I don't love this. I think this would make a good spring scent for someone who isn't into florals but likes big cozy sweaters.