Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A melancholy, deep scent, poignant and brimming with nostalgia. The perfume of sugared plums over a breeze of winter flowers.

2007 version, freshly acquired from Etsy :D

This is sweeter and more candy-berry-like than I'd expected, but I really like it! It reminds me a little of a plum version of Strawberry Moon, that same zingy fresh berryness, but...plum. I'm on a big plum rampage recently, and this is a lovely addition - the other plum scents I own are quite sexy musky plum, whereas this is a more cuddly, comforting plum. There is a tiny hint of wintery coldness there, but only a hint, and only the slightest of florals, perhaps a little similar to the vague, non-offensive, barely-there florals in Snow White?

Overall, pretty, candied, cuddly plum, fairly non-specific in terms of season - doesn't feel a definitively Christmassy sort of scent, would probably be nice in summer too :)

2007 version from Etsy. Definitely smells like hard candies, but once the dry down hits, the winter florals come out a bit more and balance the candyness more. At first, the candyness was putting me off, but it definitely grew on me. However, it's not my favorite for winter.

Edited by freyasfae

2007 v. from etsy as well!
Mmmm berries... Lovely purple, a cold but comforting snowy night. Honestly I'm not getting the hard candies at all.

On the skin it goes powdery and after a while there's a certain smoke-note to it. Other then that, it doesn't morph much from what it is in the bottle. Lovely berries and plum... I just wanna ingest this even though I know I shouldn't.

2004 version

I love Christmas, and Christmas scents but they all seem to turn into candles on my skin.

This blend (in a GORGEOUS green 10ml bottle) is the lone exception. It's a beautiful spicy plum, mulled wine with the cool tickle of winter floweres in my throat.

It's very close to my skin though, with almost zero throw. But I'm keeping this for my scent locket and for those indulgent days when I can slather it everywhere, and ignore the guilt of my bottle running out.

I might try to track down the 2007 version to see how it compares.

2010 Version from Etsy

I'm so happy! Had a bit of a disaster with the last one I tested from this order but this totally makes up for it :)

In the bottle it's all overripe plums, sweet and ready to burst. Once it hits my skin, juicy, overripe strawberries bloom alongside the plums and I want to eat my shoulder. This is simple and perfect and stays true from wet to dry. Imagine putting warm gooey strawberries, skinned, super ripe plums and a drizzle of liquid sugar into the blender and blasting it with the lid off :D This is the scent you'd get plastered in :)

Testing Midwinter's Eve for the first time today. I love it. I generally go for earthy and incensey blends. But you know, sometimes you just crave something lighter and on the sweet side. This is so pretty. I definitely get the comparisons to Bordello. It is simply sugar plums to me! Not very floral to my nose, but there is a little something extra in there, which I am assuming is the breeze of winter flowers.

Edited by ziggystardust13

2007 version

A cool purple blend. The sugared plums are more tart than sweet on me, at this age. They remind me of black currants; maybe there’s some of each. There’s a soft, white floral with it, but I don’t know which flowers.

Medium throw and low wear length.

(2007 version.)

Wet: Rich, tart, almost candy-like sugar plums. There's just the barest floral trace, but it's not strong enough for me to figure out what the "winter flowers" are.

Dry: The winter flowers have completely gone away now, and I'm left with just the sugar plums. Not as sweet or tart as the wet stage, but it's still a rich sugar plum scent. 

2018 version

Yowza this is sweet! I was hoping this might be a blend of Sugar Plum Fairy and Snow White, but no, this is its own scent. A SWEET scent. I think I’d love it were I twenty years younger, but as it stands it’s too cloying to enjoy. I could imagine it as a bubble bath scent for littlies, and that would be fun, but it’s just not for me.

Waxy, bright plum. A bit tart. More chapzticky than candy and reminds me of pomegranite. Like Bensiabel without the leather and I also get the Bordello impression, but I'd be more inclined to wear this. I get a hint of cool florals in the background.  Pretty, but resistable. 

Edited by VetchVesper

2018 version.  Midwinter's Eve could illustrate that line about visions of sugarplums dancing in children's heads.  It is candy-sweet on me.  I like plum, but I find myself wearing fruit blends less and less often, and when I do, they tend to be darker than this one.  This is as pretty and bright as the Nutcracker Suite, with sugarplum fairies dancing around over a vaguely floral backdrop, nothing I can identify more precisely.  I don't find this poignant and melancholy at all; it's more youthful delight in the fun of the holidays.  And the sweets of the holidays.  

2018 Version, my first of this Yuletide scent.

Berries, dark and ripe and luscious. I get the plum, and maybe a touch of blackberry? There's a mellowness backing this scent that keeps it from becoming cloying. I get the faintest whispered of spice and whispered of the floral notes, which I can't pin down. Maybe the merest whispers of rose.

It's beautiful so far, so I'll edit as it wears through the day if anything changes.

I can't tell if I have 2010 or 2016.... it's the parchment looking label.

I adore this sweet, tart, juicy berry scent. It reminds me of European molded hard berry candies. But these berries have just come in from the snow.
That barely there hint of wintery mint cools this down to make it a winter's ball, more than a weekend berry picking.

She's soft and refined, and yet still fun and merry. (and she dances well with spice scents.) 

First goes on as grape cough syrup but thankfully it almost immediately mellows to fresh plums and soft, musky flowers. No sugar for me. My childhood home had a plum tree out front and this is exactly what it smelled like.

In the imp I get soft florals and a note that's similar to old-fashioned fruit hard candy. On my skin, this gets sweeter (if that's possible). It doesn't hit cloying levels, but this is definitely SUGAR plums. It's also a fairly bright scent. As it dries, I start to get rose from it, or at least something fairly similar to rose? Rose has a tendency to smell like an older ladies' bathroom on me, but the plum stops that from happening completely. Completely dry, this does smell a bit plasticky on me. Like a lipstick or something. I can't tell what it is, but it's triggering some sort of scent memory 😂 it's a pretty scent, but not exactly my taste.