Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
wickedgoddess

Honey Moon

Honey Moon contains five different honeys, ranging from pale and sweet to deep and heady, with hints of jasmine, white gardenia, Hawaiian white ginger and thyme.

This scent is all honey and jasmine on my skin. Miraculously, the jasmine behaves itself and doesn't overpower the honey. The scent is pretty light, with little throw. It's beautiful, and I'm sorry I missed out on getting a bottle when it was released!

i got a partial frimp of this from someone. i am floored, i actually like this one! i originally had no interest in this, as honey as well as jasmine often do not work with my skin chemistry. however, honey moon is gorgeous. it smells like a softly floral and honey scent. i cant pick out the florals, as this is blended perfectly. i love sweet surprises like this!

The couple honey blends I've tried morphed into a horribly sweet and cloying thick mess. I was expecting something rather the same with something called *HONEY* moon.

In the bottle it is a warm honey smell...little green/flowery but mostly a warm honey comb type smell. Not heavy, sugar sweet, or thick...nice start :P

After I put it on the Jasmine started to really make itself known. The end product at drydown reminded me alot of Honeysuckle. Slightly flowery and slightly honey...neither over powering.

Over all...I'm glad I got it.

Honey Moon-

In Bottle: I smell honey, and the gardenia. (That's the flower I recognize.)

Wet: Honey-floral--the floral wins out.

Dry: Powdery-sweet. Wish the honey had come out a little more strongly, but I suppose that's what O's for. :P It's nice, though!

Overall: Pretty.

I wish the jasmine was hiding more. The honey isn't amping as much as it usually does, which is a shame, because I *love* me some honey. Slight hint of herbal underneath which I suppose is coming from the giner and the thyme.

this was totally not what i was expecting...i'll agree with the supremegoddess...i wish the jasmine would back off, cause i REALLY wanted some honey out of this. instead for the first couple of hours i got knocked back with jasmine, herbs, and a slight hint of ginger. this did die down to something nicer, but i'm disappointed overall.

i need some single note honey probably.

Oh how I wanted to love this - I love honey. I love ginger. I love thyme. There was just that pesky gardenia and jasmine to worry about. In the bottle I get a hint of honey with some pretty heady floral smells. And on me....jasmine. Looooooots of jasmine.

:P

And I think it's giving me a headache besides.

Too much jasmine, not enough honey.

But the honey I *do* get is sooo lovely, so I'll probably hang on to this imp until I find a pure honey scent ; )

On me, this is a deep, perfumed honey with a touch of jasmine. Jasmine usually makes me feel nauseous, but in this blend, it's actually quite tame! :D This is sophisticated and just a tiny bit sweet- not at all cloying. I can see why people shell out the big bucks.

But! It smells even better on my roommate. On her, it blossomed into this rich honey scent with hella throw; the perfumy-ness was only present up close. I may have to give her my imp. *smells wrist* Okay, maybe half of the imp...

But in all seriousness, I'm completely floored by this blend. Honey is usually way too sweet on me and jasmine is just awful, but Honey Moon is a lovely honey that is neither too sweet nor too bitter.

:P

I was very excited to try Honey Moon, because a lot of my favorite BPAL scents have a honey component.

On me, however, this moon was very herbal with a faint thin tinge of honey. The herbs were thin and kind of piercing. Ultimately, very not me. :P

This starts off with a much greener scent than I was expecting. After a while the honey and a tiny bit of the ginger starts to poke out, and the green dies down. The ginger isn't strong, and the honey isn't predominantly honey, so after a while this just melds into a sweet scent. The throw is very, very light, but the smell is nice. I see this as more of a spring or summer scent. I don't see needing a lot of this, but I'll keep my imp.

In the vial:

oh yeah that's honey

On me:

I never bought Honey Moon because when it first came out, I was afraid of the honey. At that point, most honey had gone powdery and wrong on me. Well, since then, I've discovered that honey DOES work on me sometimes and I have at least a 50/50 chance of it being good on me. The problem now is that I since discovered that jasmine and I do not get along at all. lol, so different problem.

It looks like I didn't need to be afraid on either account though! The honey smells beautiful on me and the jasmine is actually behaving! I usually get a "diaper" smell from jasmine, but this would be one of those super super super rare times when it doesn't. Which is nice.

This smells very tropical to me - the honey is smooth and sweet, but it's backed by a gentle "bite" from the ginger and a soft floral. It's got a sort of herbal quality to it as well, which is a nice addition, because it keeps the honey from getting too sweet.

Final note:

Very nice, much nicer than I ever expected! Pretty, tropical and a little herbal.

I was very luck to pick up a bottle of Honey Moon. At first in the bottle all I smell is honey, honey, and more honey. I purchased it because of the ginger and honey. After I put some on my wrists though, it really changed! It warmed up and the honey deepened and thickened and then I could smell a little ginger (not enough as I would have liked). The floral note that really comes out on me is the jasmine. But it is a subtle note when combined with the different kinds of honey. I wonder if this is what beekeeper's smell like after working all day gathering honey in the fields ? Mmmmm! :P

This is syrupy honey, real honey, in the bottle, with a rush of pale flowers layered over it, and a hint of spice. Very, very nice.

On, it's nothing like O or the other honey scents I've tried. It's sweet but very light, and instead of being sucked down by musks or foody notes, it's lifted up by the jasmine and ginger. This is a high, sugary, floral scent with more throw than honey scents usually have on me and a great deal of sex appeal.

As it dries, the herbal note of thyme, and the rasp of the gardenia assert themselves a bit more, rising above the honey scent to become the dominant flavor of the scent. Gardenia always misbehaves on me, but this variety seems less ornery than most. Maybe that's the stabilizing honey influence, who can say? It winds up leveling out with a smell a bit like pencil shavings. How terribly odd!

I like this enough to keep it, but not enough to seek out a bottle. It's interesting, but on me it's just a little too friendly.

Wet: Mmm, honey!

First on: Honey and jasmine, with an herbal tinge.

Dry: OMG! This is amazing! I smell sooooo good. Lots of honey, not too sweet -- maybe the thyme keeping it down to earth -- with a tiny hint of spicy ginger, & plenty of jasmine and gardenia to lend a floral air. Sweet and perfect for spring.

I had bought this in 2005 strictly because it was a lunacy blend. I had never really had too much exposure to honey in fragrance blends..so I wasn’t sure I was going to like this or not; in any event I finally had the chance to try it this year and have been wearing it on and off for a week.

Initial sniff from bottle: Smells thick and syrup-like..the waft of honey is immediate. I kind of detect an herb like note suffused in the back along with a faint whiff of a floral..but these two facets are muted under the thick layer of the honey.

Applied wet on skin: Honey..but I do detect some sort of floral. Usually the jasmine amps up on me..and it’s a note I don’t mind at all..but here the jasmine is reined in TIGHT by that honey. I get the thyme in the back..soft but I get its presence. Right now it’s the jasmine over the thick honey with a touch of thyme.

Couple of minutes on skin:Jasmine is playing nice with the honey…I don’t get much of gardenia or ginger..and the thyme has already softened..peeking through less often.

Ten minutes later:Jasmine is still there..but now I get a trickle of the gardenia..and the honey is a bit less apparent.

Forty five minutes later: Florals are now in the back..almost MIA..and I am left with the honey vibe again; it’s almost a bit earthy like..sweet and grounded almost. It stays close to my skin..almost melding with my own skin scent.

Drydown: Sweetness..almost a touch of powder..but not quite. Smells a bit similar to the drydown I had with O.

Lasting power is impressive 10+hours with throw soft to average.

Bottom Line: Honey Moon is a surprise hit for me. I think it is different enough to keep in fall to winter rotation. I don’t need a second bottle..but I will enjoy the one I have. Definite keeper. :P

Honey and Jasmine and I do NOT get along. So why is honeymoon so beautiful on me?

There's definitely honey there, but it's a woody, herbal honey (thyme?) that just smells fresh and dry. There's also a dry hay in there, too. It makes me think of summer, a green-yellow scent that's so NOT what I was expecting that I'm unsure how to describe it.

It's quite long-lasting, though when I wear it in my hair it turns into pencils. IT ends up smelling like my second-grade pencil box, with the pencils that had a hint of some kind of scent clinging to them (remember those?). It was supposed to be strawberry or bubblegum or something, but it ended up a pencil-scented kind of generic sweet. I love honey moon for that mental image alone...

I expected this to be sweeter than it was, which was a bit of a surprise, and I also expected the jasmine to amp as it always does on my skin, but instead this was actually a very musky, earthy kind of honey with only the slightest touch of floral to it. It was like a dark, thick rich honey, like the kind you can buy that is still encased in the comb, with that softly sweet beeswax smell enveloping it, and all of the inside sweetness not quite coming through. As it dries it gets a touch sweeter, and some of the florals dissapate a bit leaving an almost dusty sweetness.

Nice, certainly, but not something I will go searching madly for. True honey lovers will love this though, as long as they are not looking for something ultra-sweet...

Mmmm, honey! It's sweet, but deep. After a few minutes I get a lovely floral, but can't figure out what it is. *checks description* I think it's the gardenia, 'cos I'm not fond of jasmine, and I like this a lot. After about half an hour, I start to get a spiciness, and, yup - it's the thyme! Really wonderful, though for me it's probably too sweet to put in regular rotation. A keeper, though!

Ok this one has been a long time in coming. At first I rejected this scent, because my nose told me it turned to pencil shavings. However, after falling in love with Honey Single Note and coming to smell the woodiness as a mild sandalwood instead of pencil shavings, I really love this scent! And if I ever want it to be less woody and more sweet, I layer it with Honey SN. Just wish I could find a bottle to hold my cold imps...

Also, to me, Taurus 07 smells so very much like Honey Moon. I think Taurus is to-die-for because of that. Unfortunately Taurus also disappears within an hour.

Added: I really don't get the overwhelming floral people are talking about, and usually I'm sensitive to that. Maybe it's because I definitely smell the Honey (same as the SN) used in it. Nope, no flowers for me.

Edited by djnevermore

I was expecting this to be very HONEY with some florals but instead I got FLORAL with some honey. Like others have said, it's more like pollen. It's also more like a traditional perfume sort of smell. I actually quite enjoyed it, even though I don't wear many florals. I am a little sad that after a few hours it's beginning to get a hint of pencil shavings, but I'm going to hold onto my imp.

Ginger and thyme time, all the time. Ick.

...And I'd coveted this for so long. Pout.

In the bottle: Cool lunar oils, with honeyed spice, maybe some woods?

Wet: Really cool, almost minty herbal. The honey is much milder. Some heady florals too. The jasmine is emerging in full force (sigh); the gardenia is lovely but not amping as much as the jasmine.

Dry: That minty-herbal-woods must be the thyme, and the spice is definitely ginger; the notes are more distinct now. Okay, the dreaded jasmine is fading (though still present, and going a bit soapy), the thyme and honey are coming out majorly...total surprise! It's resembling Litha a bunch right now, but more floral.

Summary: Thyme, honey, mint, and ginger - in that order. The florals are virtually gone, or at least indistinct. There's almost some woodsy musk lingering too. The thyme is definitely the strongest note in the long run. Good lasting power and decent throw.

Surprisingly NOT that honeyed!