Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
wickedgoddess

Honey Moon

Honey Moon contains five different honeys, ranging from pale and sweet to deep and heady, with hints of jasmine, white gardenia, Hawaiian white ginger and thyme.

Origins - purchased at the Black Broom on 6/22/05.

Wet - Honey and a touch of herb, probably thyme, and white ginger.

Dry - this is sweet, but it's not the overwhelming honey sweetness one would expect by the description (not that I would mind). In fact, the honey seems to disappear soon after it touches my skin. The jasmine comes out when dry, but the white ginger and thyme are the prominent notes here. This is sweet and lightly-spiced, but after a half hour the honey is completely gone.

This is a skin scent, it's not strong, I really have to slather it on. In the end, while I like this, I am also a bit disappointed. It seem to be more of a herbal and lightly floral scent than honey, and I was really looking forward to drenching myself in honey. I blame it on my chemistry eating the honey and amping the thyme more than the blend itself, and I am anxious to see how this works on others.

On the wickedgoddess scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being best, this rates a 3.

<span style='color:SeaGreen'>EDIT: Added Lab description --Shollin</span> Edited by Shollin

Thanks wickedgoddess!

In the bottle- floral, sweet and peppery

Wet on my skin- lots of pepper, but not black pepper, must be the ginger. no trace of honey yet.

Dry on my skin- aha! there it is. mmmmmm honey sweetness with a bit of jasmine. yay no play-doh! honey, honey, honey :P

edited for spelling

Edited by brownbear

Im actually getting florals, and not really honey per se, but there is a sweet pollen type scent that is going with it. As it dries though, Im getting a soft, sweet scent, very similar to the honey you can buy in farmer’s markets...Its really nice, but too feminine for me, so Im glad its going to my sweetie.

In the bottle an herbally very slightly sweet scent.

First on this hits my skin as a herbally floral. Not in a heavy way as with Flower moon but instead it sits a little closer to the way Alice turns on me after a period of time.

In time the sweet scent starts to rise but never in a heavy way. This scent is light in a summery way, its not cloying or heavy on any of its parts instead it blends like a mix of memories of summer. Its hard to explain why I get the feeling of driving by fields of crops growing in the summer sun, alfalfa, oranges, strawberries all of the crops I drive by smelling not the fruits but the greenness of the leaves, the slight damp that is finally burning off as the sun rises, a tinge of sweetness as the flowers blume attracting bees. All the while the sun is shining on my skin.

This scent is not nearly as rich and sweet as I thought it would be I was thinking of mead like is in Hellcat but instead its light and floral with a tinge of sweetness that is hinted at the back. I tend not to much care for florals but find this scent light enough to actually enjoy and blend to it is unusual and very nice.

mostly florals...and something very astringent. i don't really smell much honey in this at all. i'll give it another try before i decide it isn't for me.

EDIT: ok, i meant to edit this last night, but never got a chance. after it had plenty of time to dry, it smelled WONDERFUL. the initial astringent note went away, the florals mellowed out, and i started to smell the honeys..golden, delicious honeys. :P

Edited by angel sixgun

I got this decanted into an imp today. I very excitedly unwrapped it. Apparently some of it had spilled over onto the outside of it since it was filled right to the tippy-top. It smelt so divine! Honey goodness. :P So I opened the imp and took a big sniff...bad, nose twitchy, sharp bite. :D I was very confused. Where was the sweetness I had smelt on the bottle and bubble wrap. I forced myself to put it on because I knew it had to get better.

And sure enough - as it dried the honey came out. Although, as it dried the smell of all of it was quite strong, but once it did it was honey wonderful. It wasn't just pure honey sweetness - it's tempered with something. I'm not quite good at picking everything out, but it makes me think of an open jar of honey at a picnic. You smell the honey, but you also smell everything else. I'll keep this and wear it every now and then. It isn't an everyday scent, but it is still quite yummy. :D

Thanks to wickedgoddess I now how an imp of this to use and review! :D

Bottle: I am alarmed at first because though I smell the honey, I also pick up a note that my nose is strangely wired for when it comes to some florals. It smells...a bit like fertilizer. I get this most overwhelmingly from Narcissus, and I think the Gardenia must be the culprit in this one. But I have never actually applied these notes to my skin, so I give it a try anyway.

Wet: That note disappears completely. COMPLETELY. It's very strange. What's left is a strong waft of yellow flowers (I can't pick them appart) and a sweetness underneath.

Dry: The florals are toned down quite a bit, and are blending beautifully with the honey-sweet scent. I buy gourmet honeys made from different flowers, and that's what this smells like.

Conclusion: I like it. I don't think I'll hunt for a bottle, but I will definately enjoy the imp. :P

Honey Moon smells like pollen! :P But not literally so. It smells like the inside of a flower, something pale and yellow and warm. I can smell the thyme, which seems to be the cap that keeps Honey Moon from getting too sweet. I love it!

Rating (on skin): 3/5

Summarised in a word or two: Honey!

In the imp: Oddly enough, in the imp I don't smell any honey! Lots of gardenia, jasmine, ginger and thyme, though.

On skin, wet: Ah, there's the honey! Everything else fades away almost instantly, leaving a very deep honey mixture.

On skin, dry: Honey, honey, honey! I can't pick out any specific sorts/kinds, but this is one of the nicest scent I've come across with honey. It dries down into a very soft, sweet, warm scent.

Conclusion: I like this quite a bit, but not quite enough to want to hunt down an imp or bottle of my own.

Edited by Aredhel

I didn't think I'd like this so I didn't order it, but I'm determined to try all the moons, as I am coming to like more and more of them.

Imagine my surprise -- I don't generally like honey scents, but I love this! This is, as others have remarked, more the smell of the actual pollen, than of sickly sweet sticky honey. Most honey blends turn awful on me and make me think of something viscous and sticky that I can't wash off. This fragrance, however, simply radiates and glows. It puts me in the mind of a sunlit garden, or of fields of clover buzzing with bees. The herbal and floral notes playing with the pollen help to make this a stimulating, invigorating, fresh scent with none of the negative associations that I have with honey.

As for the florals, I have a notoriously bad relationship with jasmine and gardenia but they don't bother me in this. It's more like the scent of the real flowers when their scent lingers in the air at night, than the full-on floral blast. It is subtle and not cloying. I'm not sure if I can smell the ginger, but the thyme adds a wonderful herbal "zap" that keeps it from being too sweet.

Best of all, when I put this on it seems to fill the air around me with a golden, sparkling radiance. I really feel refreshed and happy -- it's even a bit of a cooling blend, like ducking into the shade of trees crawling with honeysuckle on a warm day. This blend has made a honey lover out of a honey hater! Though I still don't think I could wear one of the darker, sticky-sweet honey blends, this is magnificent and I regret passing it up. Thank goodness for swaps! :P

Thanks to wickedgoddess for seeing my posting of desire for Honey Moon and sending me some!

I adore this scent, perhaps more than my top two (Snow White and Dorian).

At first, I smell thick, rich, syrupy honey. Then it turns into a heavy floral. The first time this happened, I yelled "Noooooo!" out loud and my husband thought something happened, but after it dries it goes to a pure, sweet, honey note that is great on me.

In the past two days I have learned that it is even better if I am warm or have just exercised, so definitely a good summer scent.

:P :D :D

It's... wow.. it's definately honey honey and more honey - in a liquid, but cool format, in the bottle - so it's sweet but not overly cloying. It is runny hunny, if that makes any sense - not molten or thick, but surprisingly light.

Wet: Retains teh bottle-scent for all of thirty seconds and then fades to nothingness. Three minutes pass and the liquid sweetness rises up softly once again.

Drydown: It's quick to morph, almost turning into a floral - but a candy-coated floral that's not overtly flowery. Quite nice actually, still not as heavy as I'd expected. I was hoping for something that drips like molasses with sweetness, but this is rather refreshing.

It picks up momentum as it wears - though at this point, I think it might plateau within about 2-3 hours and then fade out. There are definite flowery notes here, but what they are, I'm afraid I can't pick off any one in particular.

I'm going to hold on to my bottle for sure, I do enjoy the sweet stuff, even if it turns out being a lot airier than I expected.

Honey Moon

In the imp: warm, soft, fuzzy honey with a hint of green.

Wet on skin: sweet honey with a nice sweet floral note coming through. The thyme adds an interesting herbal touch. And the gardenia in here is of the nice variety-it doesn't go funky on my skin!

Dry on skin: mmmm! Now the floral notes really come through. There's jasmine there, and another white floral which could be white ginger but I'm not sure. There's probably gardenia in the mix as well. It's lovely though-very tropical smelling. And the flowers are drizzled with a coating of soft honey. This is beautiful.

After a while: now another honey note comes through. This is the honey note from O, or from Honey SN. I can see what the description means by different honeys. I can smell about two or three varieties here. It now smells truly delicious, very sweet, and the florals are still there. It smells like liquid sunshine.

Verdict: I am truly impressed by both June Lunacies. This one is wonderful. It's got a sublime blend of honeys, so warm and liquid, with delightful sweet florals and a nice twist of thyme. The honey note in here reminds me of an elderflower-honey cordial, and it's warm and sun kissed. This is a perfect honey scent for summer, and it's ever so feminine. I am so pleased I have a bottle, because this is lovely.

In the bottle

Fruity floral honey

On

Oh why did I only get one bottle of this? It's buttery and honeyish which I didn't expect. I'll even say it's liqour-y too.

There's definitely a spice or a "bang" to it. Unexpectedly wow. It's almost…fizzy.

30 minutes

This is foody and has that yummy factor at least until it starts drying, then it's more herby. I'm pretty sure my skin hates me.

Throw:

a bit more than average.

Scent category:

Foody

Summary

This is a spicy honey that is headier than you'd think initially with sweet and spice it just turns a bit to floral for me.

Turns more floral as it dries.

Purchase again?

I'm not sure yet. I'm right on the border on this blend.

1-5 rating (5 being best)

Honey Moon is very mild on my skin; baby mild to be exact.

There is a certain greenness to this scent, which I’m assuming comes from the thyme and gardenia (for me, the jasmine is AWOL). The ginger is there … but it’s even so faint it almost doesn’t bear mentioning.

This is subtle, like honeyed herbal tea, and not at all unpleasant.

-Its just not what I was hoping for.

This moon is wonderfully strange. Every time I sniff I get a totally different scent! My first sniff is all ginger, then the next is a near match for my bottle of SN honey, then the next goes all gardenia, then jasmine, then back to honey..... lather, rinse, repeat. I've never run into a scent that rotates like this, but I really like it!

I really, really, really wish I'd bought more than one bottle. :P

in the bottle: honey, sweet warm honey

wet: flowers, a big summer boquest of flowers still warm, and fresh picked, quite alot of throw at this point

dry: this one is a morpher in a big way, now it is soft soft honey and a himt of what i think is thyme. it is a second skin scent after it dries

I was really worried about this Moon, but I ordered it anyway. I have to admit that I was devastated when I saw that it had jasmine in it. I had been hyped up for Honey Moon for a long time as Beth's honey blends are always a favorite of mine. But, jasmine is my #1 enemy is any of the BPAL blends. I hate the smell and it hates me right back. My skin is a traitor and supresses all other notes in favor of amplifying any jasmine in a blend. So, you can see where my worry came from.

My friend got her bottle before me and told me that hers reeked of jasmine and that it was quite overpowering. I was soooo sad and dreaded opening mine when I got home.

I finally did later that night and I hesitantly sniffed from far away. So far, so good, no intense jasmine yet......

A closer sniff....ok, well there is jasmine in there for sure but the honey and another bitter note were holding thier own as well. I decided to be brave and put it on.

At first, the jasmine tried really hard to bloom on me. The bitter note went away completely and the honey was fighting hard with the jasmine.

The longer it sat on my skin, the more the honey kicked the jasmine's butt!!! The honey rounded out the jasmine so well that I actually enjoyed it. :P It became sweeter and sweeter and I could start to smell the different honeys in it.

Eventually, all that was left was a pure honey smell. In fact, it smells exaclty like the Honey SN does on me. There is a faint spike of something a little acrid on the back end, but it's a nice round honey scent all over. I really like it!!!!

Honey Moon is divine. I'd given up on finding a honey scent that would work on me, then BOOM.

On me, I can smell all of the flowers that are listed in the description, and here's the thyme note from Lady Macbeth...

And HONEY. Pure, sweet, clover honey. *dies a happy death* I can smell the green of clover in this, too. MMMMMM.

I LOVE.

I got to try my friend's Honey Moon. As much as I love honey, I didn't order this blend because 1) I've given up on lunar oils and 2) jasmine and gardenia are not good on me. But wow, Honey Moon is not bad at all! I do not get even one single second of the jasmine or gardenia. It's mostly honey and a kind of new car or leather smell, something a little bitter, I wonder if that's the thyme? I never detect any lunar notes either. Eventually, this dries down and smells just like Beth's honey single note on me. A lot more beeswaxy and less honey that I like and not much throw. Glad I got to try it though.

Well you guys aren't gonna believe this, but Honey Moon smells like Snow White on me. It's bizarre, because I see no one else has had that effect yet. Yup smells just like Snow White with a hint of milky honey running through it. It's lovely! Not at all what I expected but I really love it. :P :D

First sniff: Some people swear in their reviews. I am not generally one of them.

That said… FUCK YEAH.

There is nothing off about this scent for me, it’s just gooey, drippy sweetness with a tiny hint of liqueur and maybe the barest breath of flowers to make it more than just sweet. This is going to smell fucking GREAT on me.

Wearing: If there were a flower that smelled like honey – not honeysuckle, but real true honey – this would be it. My skin is amazingly sweet and fluffy now.

Okay, first, it's important to understand something: honey and I do not get along. Not as perfume, anyway. I love to cook with honey. Honey in my tea? Fantastic. Honey on my skin? A chemistry disaster.

I like this.

What was that? You can't hear me? *sigh*

Fine. I LIKE THIS!

I didn't expect to like Honey Moon. I expected it to go fusty and awful the way all of the honey based scents seem to on my skin, but the floral background, and most specifically the thyme, kept this from every going horribly wrong. Instead, it just continued to smell like honey -- not a cloying sweet honey, but the lovely mellow honey that I prefer.

It's a close skin scent on me but with fantastic staying power, and probably the best example of had yet of how wrongly I can judge the scents I will and won't like. I thought I'd love strawberry moon and hate honey. It didn't end up being quite a solid reversal (I like strawberry moon, just not as much as I thought I would) but honey is also something I would absolutely wear again.

My Impression:

This is so totally right on I can't add much except that it is not too OVER done,

it is perfect wet flowers kissed with honey and bottled up just for me to ooogle over..I love the ginger note it evens it out well.

Honey Moon has been blended very well and skillfully. I had given up on finding a honey blend with jasmine where the jasmine doesn't kick my nose all over the place.

Beth got it just right. The honey and jasmine blend wonderfully, it isn't too strong on the jasmine, it's just right. The ginger gives the blend a little fun kick too. I like this one a lot.