Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
wickedgoddess

Honey Moon

Honey Moon contains five different honeys, ranging from pale and sweet to deep and heady, with hints of jasmine, white gardenia, Hawaiian white ginger and thyme.

This is the first of the moons I've found myself drawn to, and it doesn't disappoint.

If you had told me a year ago that I would actually be able to differentiate honey notes in anything, I would've thought that was crazy, but I honestly do smell several different honey layers when I open the bottle, from sweet and sexy to herbal and the faintest touch of beeswax. There's a cherry cordial kind of sweetness, too, surprising since nothing like that is listed.

When it's wet, it's lush honey, both the beeswax sweetness of The Lights of Men's Lives and the more herbal honey of Yewberry Infused Honey. If there's any floral, it's all blended together so well it just leaves a fresh, white impression overlaying the honey.

As it dries, the herbal honey takes front and center. It stays skin close and soft. I don't worry that I'll overpower anyone else with a cloud of scent. It's formal enough to stand up to a business function yet soft enough for after dinner intrigue, if you care to invite someone to invade your space. I'm very pleased with the purchase. It's different enough from the other honey scents I own to stand on its own and be reached for on those days I want a little mystery in my life.

I didn't care for the first version of Honey Moon, which was odd because I love honey scents. It seemed too floral to me, perhaps a little thin/insipid. I picked this one up on a whim and it's amazing how a scent with the same notes can be so different.

The 2013 Honey Moon is rich and, to my nose, has all five honeys standing front and center. I get the gardenia a little more than the jasmine, but both are background to me. The thyme is only the barest whisper for me, which is good since I'm not a big fan of herbal/green. I'm not catching the ginger much, either.

This is honey, honey, honey, honey, honey. All five of them. I thought I'd end up swapping, and now I'm wanting another bottle. Great summer scent.

In the imp: Sweet almonds, almost like a marzipan or almond paste - it's delightful!

Wet on skin: The almond notes calm down and the honey comes to the forefront. It's honey and pollen goodness!

Dry down: The herbs and florals start to make an appearance now, but they don't dominate the blend. Still getting the warm honey note, but it's just getting more complex, in a good way :D

Wow! I really enjoyed this blend. I thought this may turn too powdery or too floral, but it remained quite lovely and reminiscent of it's namesake. The honey melds so well with the candied florals, while the ginger keeps everything from being over the top cloyingly sweet. I love Honey Moon and am delighted that I splurged on a bottle :wub2:

Fresh on the skin: Woh! *Major* gardenia (no surprise there, with me), with wonderful undercurrents of heavy honey (buckwheat, or maybe even manuka) with a unifying ginger spike.

Wearing today, arrived yesterday, so v fresh.

First impression: dryer sheets

wet: ack, kook aid. Why?

Warming on my skin: sweet, odd, not floral or herbal but just an odd sweet. Like a fragrance oil that would come in a craft kit.

Settled on my skin: tolerable. Honey with a bit of thyme and ginger. If I press my nose to my wrist I can maybe ind a hint of the florals, but mostly they are invisible.

I'd like to see how ths ages.

Love this! It starts off as a sweet floraled honey and dries down to a honeyed floral, if that makes sense! The gardenia and ginger are present, but complement rather than overpower the honey. I don't notice the jasmine at all, which is fine with me. This smells delicious and edible and perfect for spring.

Honey Moon 2013

The thyme/herbalness of this was surprising to me. It smelled like beeswax and herbal honey. It was comforting and soothing, and sort of reminded me to Ricola, but better. More honey, more sweet, more wearable.

Herbal, honey, smooth.

This is for the 2013 version.

Thoughts before testing: I'm 0 for 10 as far as Lunacies are concerned. I've yet to find one that worked on me, but I just had to try Honey Moon because it's one of my forever-win notes. Not even the dreaded jasmine was enough to deter me!

Wet: I swooned when I sniffed my arm. It's a sweet luscious honey with hints of ginger and gardenia. Lovely!

Dry down: Everything smooths out and I can't pick out any note beyond a well-blended floral honey. It's thick and sticky and beautiful.

Dry: As it dries the florals back off just slightly and the honey really shines. This is fabulous :wub2:

Final thoughts: My first Lunacy! I am in love with Honey Moon. It's a beautiful honey and the florals aren't overwhelming. It also lasted quite a long time: it was around the 6 hour mark that I thought about reapplying. I'm so happy to have a Lunacy that works!

Verdict: :wub:

Overall I can find about 3 distinct honey smells in here: wet is an overpoweringly sweet runny honey, when it first dries it is a rich, almost buttery set honey, and after a few hours it is a quite beeswaxy version.

I get some florals when I first apply it, but not overwhelmingly so and happily no trace of jasmine. After an hour or so it is the thyme that sticks around, and maybe some of the ginger, but the honey dominates on me throughout. I love it! :wub2:

ETA: but apparently it is a partner repellant ... :cry2: I'll have to stick to some of my other honey loves

Edited by ReallyZeb

I believe this is the first time I've been able to try a moon in decant form before it goes down, so here goes! Lovely fresh sweet, honey, not really getting any floral here, though maybe it's adding to the blend in a way that I'm not aware of. Honey loves me, it blends with my own scent to create a slightly musky sweet scent. After half an hour or so, the floral makes an appearance, and now it is a bit cloying. There are honey blends I like more (Blossoms in Springtime, O and Womb Fury), so I think I'll pass on this one.

Edited by milo

This is lovely, lovely, lovely.

I adore anything to do with bees, wasps or honey so this was something I *needed* to sample. On me, it isn't just honey... it's almondy and sweet and has the faintest, sexiest lick of ginger. Also, the label is beautiful.

10/10

This is GORGEOUS. (Down to its label!) I amp honey like nobody's business, so I thought it'd be really sweet, but the jasmine and white gardenia are lovely and subtle, and the ginger and thyme add a really nice spicy almost-herbal smell. No way I can pick out all the honey notes, but this isn't overpoweringly honey to me -- I like the review above which said it goes from floral-honey to honey-floral. A beautiful, soothing, subtle (but not faint!) perfect summer scent. It smells the way sunshine looks on flowers, if that makes sense.

2013 version

I initially passed this over because of the jasmine, but I got to test it at will call and was blown away. This is sexy, sexy honey and ginger. No flowers to be found in mine. It actually reminds me Mother's Shub's Gingerbread Temples, but with fewer floral notes, as funny as that is.

Jasmine, gardenia, ginger, thyme ... It's all there ...! :wub2:

And the honeys are drop dead sexy on me :yum:

I love this Moon, no regrets what so ever ;)

Bought this (2013) from another forum member. In bottle: smells like marzipan...not good for me... Wet: rich herbal honey, with gardenia on the edges. Dry: honey overtone that softens with jasmine and ginger warms it up. Makes me feel better since I'm having a stressful day...comforting is the correct word. Throw is good, I can smell it as I move. Staying power is pretty good too, I can still smell the amazing dry down and it's been 8 hours!! Very happy I purchased this.

Edited by Jangzonrice

2013 edition! this is a soft, sweet honey that wears close to the skin and almost takes on a skin musk feel. the ginger, herb and floral notes are barely-there and just add a little depth and complexity to the beautiful honey. i am always looking for scents that will combine well with others since no day is complete without both bpal and a whole slew of bptp products- this is one that would blend and layer perfectly with other scents but also wear well on its own.

At first, I was surprised that a honey based scent was working so well on me, but like some of my favorite honey blends that I can wear, this one has some florals and herbs - so that explains it! This is a beautiful spring scent to me with the gardenia and honey dancing togther beautifully. I like heady florals like jasmine, but I need sweeter notes to balance it, so this is perfect. I shall revisit it in Spring.

I was frimped a little Honey Moon, and it's really lovely. I'm getting mostly honey with a hint of herbs and flowers. Jasmine can be a deal breaker on me, but it is nicely understated here and in combination with the honey feels more like honeysuckle. It's not a strong scent but like many BPAL honey blends lasts a long time on my skin.

In the bottle: Honey, jasmine, and ginger. The jasmine definitely gives it a floral honey aspect, but the ginger adds a bit of spice to keep it from being overly floral. 

On my skin:

Wet, the ginger disappears, and jasmine's the boss. Over time, both the honey and the ginger rebound, though this remains decidedly a jasmine honey on me. It's similar to Hony Mone on me, but in this one, the jasmine stays more subdued.