Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
blood*rose*flowers

Strawberry Moon 2005

Strawberry Moon is a blending of strawberries and cream with light, dry lotus and soft ylang ylang and a touch of green tea and sage to bring it closer to Earth.

Got a bottle from a beloved male friend who has a bit of a strawberry obsession and was hoping it would work on him. It didn't, so I got it.

Strawberries and cream, mmm. This is lovely, and if you take away the berry scent it's very close to the smell of my own skin, so this brings out the cream even more.

I got a 5ml bottle of this as a very sweet gift, and the instant I got it, I ran upstairs to try! :D (Sorry, I needed an excuse to use that. I've never seen it anywhere else, heh.)

In bottle: Strawberries, herbs, and alcohol. Not even necessarily a bad scent, but I'm definitely hoping it won't be like that on my skin.

Just applied: Strawberry and ylang ylang, with lots of greenness underneath. Mmm.

Drying down: The sage is really coming out now; it's mostly the ylang ylang and the sage dominating this now, with the strawberry floating lightly over the top and the other notes being coy. Something about it smells very ancient (in a good way, very natural). It's lovely, but I've been hoping for a stronger strawberry note, so I hope it comes back.

Dry: It does! This gets very sweet and creamy while maintaining the herbalness, and the lotus comes out to play after an hour or so. This scent smells familiar at times, but I have no idea why. Eek, I can't stop smelling my wrist. People are giving me funny looks. :P

Verdict: I'm in love. It may not be exactly what I thought it would be, but different can be amazing. I'm so glad I got to try this, and I may have to hunt more down to hoard.

On first application, this is all strawberry, and a hint of booze, as well. As it dries, however, the floral notes come into play, making this a very sweet and innocent floral.

Over time, the strawberry actually disappears, leaving only the aftereffect of sweetness. Unfortunately, after that point, it becomes stale and plasticky on my skin. Blech. The initial stages of the scent are lovely, but ultimately, this isn't for me.

ETA: Hours later, it's a little more strawberry and a little less plasticky. Not as bad as before, but it still smells artificial. Sigh.

Edited by Voleuse

In bottle- a very juicy, ripe strawberry with just a hint of cream. Though this is very much a ripe fruit scent it isn't sweet.

On me- Until the oil dries I get the same scent as in the bottle- mostly strawberry with a hint of cream. As it dries I start to really get a good sense of the sage, and this becomes a much earthier scent. In fact, I get more sage and green tea than strawberry, which becomes more of a background note. The earthiness of this makes it a good scent to wear year-round.

First sniff: Sadly, this smells like strawberry bubblegum. :P

Wearing: Still strawberry bubblegum. It’s just too sweet. Developed a bit of a plasticky, Strawberry Shortcake thing as it dried… I kept looking for the tea note, but it never came to the party.

This smells like liquid candy strawberries.

After a few hours wear, I can detect the cream note, but it's mostly on my wrists. In my shirt it smells very sweet strawberry with a touch of a tang to it, maybe the herbs that are in the mix.

This is very cute & girly and slightly silly. I enjoy the youthful happy quality of it, and smelling edible is just a bonus. :P

This is a very feminine scent.....Its like an EXTREMELY ripe bundle of strawberries sitting on the table during the summer. There is a slight creaminess, sort of like a strawberry snowcone with condensed milk on the top.

In the Imp ~ Burning my nose strawberry... sort of like cough syrup ~ but I will test it, anyway.

Wet ~ Strawberry. Bubble. Gum. :P

*washing this off*

I was right ~ not gonna warm up to this one.

Off it goes.

:cough:

*swoons*

This may have just managed to turn into my favorite BPAL Strawberry fragrance ever.

It's a light and creamy strawberry with a cool touch from the lunar oils and something beautifully herbal under the fruit. Nice and sweet and refreshing. It's perfectly lovely and I rather regret that I only have one bottle of it right now. Clearly, I'll need to do something to remedy this fact. Or else hoard the bottle like crazy. Or both. This is a strawberry lover's dream.

*purrrrs*

I didn't have high hopes for Strawberry Moon. In fact, it languished amid the rest of the more loved Lunacy imps I have, untested for probably two weeks or so. Finally I got around to realizing I'd ignored it and decided to rectify that.

:P It was that good. Damn! Who'd have thunk something strawberry scented would be that amazing? It's just a bare hint of strawberry- a delicious, lovely strawberry- a swirl of creaminess, and then some indefinable wonderfulness. Sage? Lunar oils? Green tea? I dunno, but I like this immensely. It's like a more wearable Pink Moon for me (Pink Moon goes deadly strong, and though I like the scent, it is just overwhelming and I don't wear it much- I can't put on a small enough amount)! I let the boy smell me and he didn't get strawberries at all, which is nice. I wasn't really looking forward to smelling like one. This is a great, girly sweet pink blend.

EDIT: I think it's the ylang ylang that I'm loving in this. It does lovely things on me in general, and I think the ylang ylang ovewhelms the strawberry (a GOOD think in my opinion!)

I'd give it a 4.5 out of 5.

Edited by LittleGreyKitten

I think I can sum this up pretty quickly: Strawberry Moon smells exactly like Pink Phoenix, but without the cloying honey note. Which means I really, really like it. Sweet strawberry with a tiny hint of green. Pink Moon goes very floral on me with just a hint of sweet, but this is pure strawberry. Good stuff!

Wet: Strawberrylicious with a bit of a zing on top.

Dry: Sweet, but nicely balanced with something slightly tart and creamy.

Final: I used to have a little garden in which I had a few strawberry plants. There was no greater pleasure than plucking a berry fresh from the plant, rinsing, and eating it while it was still sun-warmed. This scent totally reminds me of that heady summer feeling.

Oh no... Strawberry Moon smells like plasticky/artificial strawberries with a bit of cream (like Scratch 'n' Sniff stickers). There's also a green herbal/mintyish methol-type note that's clearing up my nose a bit as I smell this. Like a few other people have said, this scent is similar to Pink Phoenix, except that this isn't as sickly sweet and doesn't have as many notes, therefore making it less complicated.

A friend of mine threw this in as a freebie to me for Christmas and of course I got giddy. (see username?! :P) It reminds me a lot of another lovely fragrance that I enjoy - Pink Moon. This is waaaaaay more strawberry though and it's not a fake candy strawberry, but an actual freshly picked strawberry scent. I feel good when I wear it, and... CUTE.

In Bottle: Strawberry Champagne

On Skin: A soft pink scent. I smell strawberries right away, but they are dry and powdery, not ripe and juicy. There is a tartness that reminds me of champagne. I think the tartness is the tea, but it doesn’t really smell like tea at all to me. The lotus and ylang ylang are delicate florals that compliment the strawberry but don’t overshadow it. The cream helps soften the scent even more and as it develops brings a little more sweetness to the scent. This scent reminds me of Pink Moon and Pink Phoenix, that beautiful and innocent… yet playful girly quality. Not a masculine scent in the slightest. Final review: Strawberry candy and a glass of white wine or champage on a spring day. Medium throw and fairly short staying power.

I didn't get any of the lotus, ylang ylang, sage, or green tea from the lab description. I got straight tart strawberries. I don't mind because I LOVE strawberry scents, but unfortunately this faded very quickly. Less than half an hour after I applied it, I couldn't detect it even with my nose pressed against my wrist. I may try layering it with Pink Phoenix to see if that gives me a more complex scent with more staying power.

A dairy maid sets down two brimming pails of cream to accept a hand-woven basket filled with strawberries from a young field-hand. He brings her the reddest fruit so he can watch the juice stain her fingers as she slips each plump berry into her mouth. As she eats, he places a fresh nosegay into the pale fold of her arm.

Strawberry Moon is the sumptuous pleasure of ripe, red berries and call of romantic intention. I am tempted to lick my wrists. My bottle courts me each warm day.

EEE, juicy strawberries! *huffs my wrist greedily* Much riper and more potent than in Bon Vivant. This is so beautiful, and the scent of really juicy strawberries envelops me as soon as I smear it on. It's like taking a bite out of a freshly picked stawberry and having the sticky syrup run down my chin. Mmmm. . .

Sadly, on the drydown the ylang ylang and lotus come out, which puts me off a bit as I'm not a big floral fan. I also don't get the creaminess I was hoping for, but overall it's an incredibly beautiful scent and I suspect my mum will LOVE it.

For anyone else who doesn't like the floral drydown: if you wear this in a scent locket, you get the juicy strawberries and cream of the ylang ylang with none of the florals. Perfect! I like to wear strawberry body lotion, Bon Vivant in my hair and on my pulse points, and Strawberry moon in my scent locket when I need a pick me up. :P

I remember June, 2003. I remember many Junes before then, but this one was special. I think it will always be the very last June for me, maybe until I have my own children. I remember June and I remember strawberries.

My grandmother was so happy that we'd come home to see her, home to West Virginia. There had been floods that year, flood after flood, so maybe there wouldn't be good strawberries, she said. Oh, Grandma, there are always good strawberries. My grandfather had died the year before. We'll go to the fields to remember him, I said. He had spent all his Junes in the strawberry fields, ever since I could remember. He was like a strawberry fairy (if a Pentecostal minister could ever be called a fairy with a straight face), leaving quart after quart on the front doorsteps of all his neighbors. He just loved to be in the fields. So we went, and remembered him, and picked more berries than we could ever eat ourselves. The fields were pretty flooded, and some of the plants had caught a moldy rot, but the day was clear and bright and everything smelled of green and bright, bursting red, with white wildflowers, just here and there. Maybe some honeysuckle. We drove home from the fields, the windows down, the air wafting raw, ripe strawberry joy from the back of the car.

"Thank you so much for coming. We'll do it again next year, right?"

"Yes, Grandma, and every year."

But there wasn't another June. There was a stroke, the end of next May. A funeral on my birthday. She had a full, rich, happy life. The only thing I could have ever asked for was one more June. Just one more.

That's where Strawberry Moon takes me. I have a single imp, since I discovered bpal well after this moon, but it's a very loved imp.

I got this as a decant - and I must say that I NEED this in a big bottle.

Not want - NEED.

I am in LOVE with this scent!

In the vial it smells just like fresh strawberries...a little bit of milky cream at the base, and I can detect the ylang ylang as well.

On my skin the green tea and sage come out just a LITTLE - but the strawberry is still there, and still smells fabulous...

On my skin, this lasted for a VERY long time and had fabulous throw...

I must find someone willing to sell a bottle!

This stuff smells very simple and sweet. And I LOVE it. It's like strawberries that aren't too sweet. Like Bon Vivant minus the champagne, obviously. Plus there's a tiny bit of creaminess that makes this even better. I thankfully don't get any lotus, ylang ylang, sage or green tea. Just strawberry goodness.

I am sad this is such a hard to find LE. :P

I bought this from my BPAL dealer (ie. my friend who introduced me and a few others to BPAL!) who doesn't like it.

From the vial, it smells like sugared strawberries and fake (sugary) cream. Mmmm. A very sweet scent. When it's first on my skin, it isn't that sweet, it's a deeper fake berry smell, but it soon goes sweeter and again ends up smelling like sugared strawberries and fake cream on me, but it still has a depth of some other scents behind the sweet smell.

It's a lovely, sweet foody smell, and not for the faint hearted because of it's strength. I find it yummy and love catching a whiff of it now and again. Mmm.

*laugh* And a friend last night, after I got him to sniff it, said, "I don't know what it is, but don't make me have to eat you!" because of the scent!! :P

Edited by kunoichi

I wish I got some of the cream notes or the herbal tones that others get from this. All I get is super-sweet strawberry candy. I may have to pass this decant along.

In the imp: A super sweet note I'm guessing is strawberry and lotus. I'm a bit worried about this one as the strawberry note tends to turn into sickly-sweet strawberry powder on me.

On my skin: Strawberries, then dark strawberries. I think this is the sage and tea kicking in now, giving the berries some depth.

Later on: Strawberries and tea. No hint of powder yet! While I'm glad there's at least one strawberry oil there that seems to work with my chemistry, it just had to be the one that's a LE.

strawberrymoon.jpg

Strong strong strawberry at first. I second the emotion of strawberries and sage. I would not have thought that combination would be great but it is great. They do go together so well, there is something in common between them and I don't know what the bridge is that allows such beautiful combination.

As it dries, Strawberry Moon becomes slightly medicinal in a very pleasant way.There is still a fun factor involved here but somehow there is solemness too. This one lasts and lasts. For once the tea note didn't turn to mildew on my skin. That is what flagged me down from getting it in the first place. Sorry I didn't, this one is a beauty.