Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
blood*rose*flowers

Strawberry Moon 2005

Strawberry Moon is a blending of strawberries and cream with light, dry lotus and soft ylang ylang and a touch of green tea and sage to bring it closer to Earth.

Ah, lovely lovely strawberries. After it dries there's the barest hint of something slightly artificial, rather akin to a Strawberry Shortcake doll, but overall it's just nice, juicy strawberries. :P Oh, how I wish I had a bottle.

I really hoped this one would smell more like fresh strawberries. When I first put this on from the imp I was overwhelmed by a sweet, artificial strawberry smell. After the dry down it smelled a little bit more like real strawberries but it's still a little too sweet for my tastes. I'll probably give this one another try during a different time of the month to see if it reacts better with my chemistry. Either way, I could see me being in the mood to wear this at least occasionally!

MAN this is good! It's definitely strawberry, but not simply strawberry...it has a bit of rounding out, which I can't tell if it's floral or green or almost herbally, but something else is there. It smells so familiar, too. Like somethingI've smelled a long time ago. It's very nice and it lasted a good 4 hours or so.

This one was frightenly Fake!Strawberry in the bottle, and for the first five minutes on my skin as well. After that -- whew! -- it calmed down and started morphing. To me, it smells like a very true, sweet strawberry (not the stems, just the fruit) and... this is going to sound weird. But it smells like strawberries out in the sun under a blue sky, not just strawberries on their own.

The throw is medium, and it stays on my skin for quite some time! At the tail end, it gets a wee bit powdery and that's my sign to refresh!

I get just the clearest impression of strawberries in sunlight when I sniff! It's gorgeous. I'm glad I took a chance and got a whole bottle. This one is going to see quite a bit of mileage come summertime. :P

Oh dearie! I was so excited to have a landed a Strawberry Moon sniffie... and I'm so glad I didn't pay a dime.

For everyone who is *dying* to try Strawberry Moon, take about 2 parts Strawberry Oil (very similar to Body Shop Strawberry) to 1 part Lotus flower and a drop or two of whatever else the decriptions says (I can't even smell them). Voila! You have Strawberry Moon!

Of course nothing beats being able to *say* I have Strawberry Moon, but you get the gist. Its a very ordinary, common scent, overwhelmingly strawberries and the only other note I detect, albeit slightly is the Lotus flower.

Of course I LOVE strawberries, especially if they smell like Body Shop Strawberries, so I give the scent 5/5.

Edited by kat15lee

I so wanted to like this one. I love the strawberry note in Hollywood Babylon and thought a scent with that strawberry plus green notes and earthy notes would be divine.

But my nose detects nothing but strawberry wax. I have the sense of walking past a Yankee Candle store. No earthiness, no tartness. Just sickly-sweet, waxy, fake strawberry.

That's how it smells in the bottle and that's how it smells on my skin, wet and dry. And it lingers, too, unlike many scents I like. Boo :P

Maybe I will try it again when the weather warms up, just to be sure.

Edited by lotusjenn

Strawberry Moon

Ok...My review agrees completley with Lotusjenn.....Except that I like the fact that it's plasticy Strawberry.....

I don't get any "lunar" feeling like most of the other Moon oils...and I definately don't get Lotus or anything else...

It's definately just plain...plastic Strawberry that gets more and more plasticy smelling! And it's fun. :P

I was worried about this one since it sounded a lot like Bon Vivant, which was pure plastic strawberry on me--but fortunately, this is different. It's soft and sweet and not artificial at all, and the cream note gives it a candylike quality. Not much throw but it's very pretty. I don't detect any of the other notes, but that's ok as I'm wild about the strawberries!

Wet: Pure strawberries and cream.

First on: Strawberries and cream with some green herbal (sage I guess?). It's already starting to morph, though; I can't tell if it's green tea or lotus or ylang ylang, but something is mixing things up.

Dry: Well, I was worried about this -- ylang ylang is so touchy for me. This ends up being almost entirely natural strawberries and cream with just the barest touches of lotus and sage. Not as "luna" as I might have expected, but very lovely.

strawberrymoon2ss.jpg

Imp: I must admit, the sweetness in the bottle almost convinced me this was a mistaken purchase. I am on a mission to at least try all the Lunacies, and when this popped up on eBay I couldn't resist. In the imp, there is a very sweet berry smell, not as bad as those awful synthetic odors in cheap candles, shampoos, etc., but close. It's a bit tempered and mellow, though -- the cream note's influence?

Wet: Still sweet, and mellow, but man, this is sweet! I didn't know if I could handle this all night, but it started getting better as it dried. Thank goodness!

Dry: This is quite nice dry! The cream and floral notes successfully tone the sweetness down enough that it is a lovely summer night's scent.

Verdict: I'm glad I found this on eBay, because it is lovely. I will happily put this Lunacy in my nightly rotation.

Edited by stellans

Bottle: Slightly sweet, but a little acrid as well. Like berry-flavored cough syrup.

Wet: Ever have those Halls Strawberry Vitamin C drops? Yeah. That's what this smells like on me. Thus far, I'm not impressed.

Dry: The strawberry stays dominant all through this scent's lifetime. The creaminess comes out in the drydown, almost souring the sweet berry. It's not a horrible scent, but it's not one I'd find myself wanting to wear -- the fruit smells fake, too much like bathroom deodorizer or Japanese candies.

In the bottle- Yummy stawberries with a kick. Just the strawberry scent I was looking for. (Bon Vivant smelled like wine coolers on me.)

Drydown- As it dries, it gets a powdery smell, that had me worried my skin chemistry just ruined this scent. Thankfully, it only lasts a minute or so and it comes back to the sweet smell I fell in love with in the bottle.

Final verdict- Need more. Now. :P

This was one of the first imps I ever got.

In the bottle: Sweet strawberry with a crisp, clean edge.

Wet on the skin: A bit of spice, but still very fresh and sweet smelling.

Dry: Reminds me of strawberry shortcake on a warm summer night. Too bad this was an LE, I would've bought a full bottle of it. :P

Edited by Usamimi

Smelling this I mostly only get strawberries...however...I can sometimes smell a SLIGHT floral. This is devine!! It makes me want to drink it! Very fruity and sweet!! Just what I like! This is my favorite lunacy so far!

Bottle to be!

In the imp: Strawberries!

On Skin: Sweet strawberries... it actually smells like the fake strawberries you would smell from toys, like Barbie. Very nostalgic.

On Drydown: The fake plastic note fades away (or at least it isn't as noticeable). It is less sweet and more floral, but very much strawberries.

Verdict: Very surprised and pleased. I thought this would be too sweet (like Bon Vivant was) but I'm pleasantly surprised and very happy. I love strawberries and while I get some of that from Hollywood Babylon, this is juicier and fresher.

Mmmmmm... When I was a kid, I had a bottle of Strawberry oil that was made by Spiritual Sky, and it was like, my prized possession. I used up every drop, and then kept the bottle to lovingly sniff. I have looked back on this oil longingly many time, but as I am unsure of the ingredients used, and if these are 100% natural or not, I have hesitated to ever buy another bottle.

Strawberry Moon however, comes very close. It is the same rich smell of slightly too ripe strawberries, bursting with sweetness, and grounded by a tiny touch of strawberry leaf. It has excellent lasting power, and a very good throw as well.

This one gets a high grade on my behalf- If only it was not so hard to come by...

In the imp: Strawberry liquor. Interesting.

On the wrist: Uh-oh, this is all medicinal...

Drydown: Pure plastic toy scent. Bugger.

Overall: From start to finish this one was determined not to work on me. It's off to the swaps. :P

Sugar-crusted strawberries. A little on the fake side, but nice.

It stays the same on my skin all the way through drydown.

This is absolutely beautiful. It's very true-to-life, like a bowl full of fresh strawberries and homemade cream. I don't get the plastic, fake note that other people have mentioned, but I also don't get any hint of tea or anything green at all. This is very fresh and summery and delicious, and it breaks my heart that I adore it so much because I know I'll never be able to afford a bottle of it!

Strawberry Moon

Smells scarily chemical like in the bottle!

Wet on my skin: the chemical smell has gone, and Strawberry Candy is here! :P

Dry: it is not so in your face sweet now, but still very delicious! I have worn this one quite a few times now, and I am in love with it. Such a feminine, beautiful scent that brings a smile to my face and makes me feel happy! I can briefly smell the herbs in this grounding the strawberry, but finally what I am left with is a wonderful creamy, sweet strawberry that continues to waft around me all day long! This has great throw and lasts a long time on me.

This does not smell like fresh strawberries to me, candy strawberries, and that is definitely not a bad thing!! :D

Strawberry Moon

-Strawberry, very sweet and ripe, but also natural. I smell the lunar oils, but I don't smell much in the way of cream. The ylang ylang is definitely very noticable, and as usual turns utterly sweet on me. I don't smell the green tea nor do I smell the sage (thank you, thank you - I loathe sage). I'm not sure I'd wear Strawberry Moon on its own very often. It is sort of like Lolita or Beaver Moon 2005 - not meant for day to day use. This review is utterly delayed by about three years, haha. I'm just not very strong on giving actual reviews I guess.

I recieved a decant of this with an eBay auction I won: THANKYOU to the lovely person who gave it to me! (Please contact me if it WAS you-- I will feedback you!)

In the Bottle

Sweet, sugary candied strawberries, a very "girly" scent, smells almost edible.

On Me

Stays pretty much the same: I'm now wondering what's been put with the strawberries to make them so sweet and pretty: the lily and the green tea seems to match up with the description.

Basically, it's pretty much what it says it is, and it's very cute and yummy. If you're into Jailbait and the Jessica Simpson berry type scents, this is probably going to work for you too.

Unfortunately, it really doesn't last long on my skin, though when initially applied, has an amazing throw.

in the bottle: real strawberries, but ones that have been fermenting a little while, like in a jellied cake topping.

wet on skin: same. very light, hardly any thrown, this is a 'skin' scent.

dry down: faintly strawberries, with a bit of sage under it.

in all: this stuff seems to be eaten in great quantities by my skin. however, i like that it's not like a strawberry candle. it's light enough to wear on really hot days, but i feel that i won't wear it unless it's a scorcher outside- too light to wear on chillier afternoons.

This smells artificial and candy-ish on me. I don't like it at all, it smells cheap. Sorry! :P