Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Dulci

The Best BPAL scents for young girls through teenagers

Titania could be a good one. I remember liking a candle that smelled like it when I was younger.

Add me to the chorus recommending Bon Vivant. If you could get away with Hell's Belle, I would go with that one, as it smells like liquid lollipops rolled in sugar. Definitely a good thing. Also, I agree that The Hesperides would be a good choice as well.

I'd also go with Megaera, as it reminds me of Mister Bubble. Zephyr is another one I would recommend, and so is Hollywood Babylon and Lampades. I heard that the Tarot oil of The High Priestess has a good amount of cherry in it, something I'm not into personally but she may enjoy it. Vice has that cherry/chocolate mix that she may like.

-doreen

i don't recommend glitter, but maybe that's just because it was VERY potent and a bit too strong on me. it made me sneeze even though i'm not allergic to perfume. if you don't have a problem with giving your niece something with a serious kick, it should work.

i third (fourth?) the suggestion of titania and the hesperides, although i didn't personally like the hesperides too much. it seems perfect for a child, though, because it's completely fruity and "young" smelling.

what about siren? i haven't tried it, but it sounds light. machu picchu isn't fruity, but it has a very young and carefree mood to it. yerevan sounds like it would be a keeper, but i'm not sure about the mood of it. according to the reviews, it's very fruity.

ETA: desdemona, perhaps? or even tamora or regan? dragon's milk sounds like it would be wonderful, too.

Edited by diabolique

You might want to do a search for the threads containing "sweetest BPAL oils," "candy galore," or "cotton candy" and cross-reference them.

I'm throwing in for Blood Lotus. Just tried it today. It's not pure candy or pure bubble gum but something like that. Kind of like the gummy genter of a cherry Blo-Pop that still has some of the candy bits stuck to it. But with an aquatic note poking through now and then.

Maiden, definitely. It would work really well on a younger girl. Persephone would be a good choice, too, I think. Oh, and Titania, yes. :P

I wish I had had me some BPAL in high school!

Edited by riddel

im somewhere past the age range you are looking at( but not by much!), and i think she might like bliss (bc smelling like chocolate is pretty cool) bon vivant, and Fae. i also like bewitched alot, i find it pretty fruity and light.

Another vote for Dragon's Milk (cherry vanilla) and Regan (sweeeeeet vanilla with a bit of floral. Too sweet for me.). Chimera is also very, very sweet (but spicy, which might be a nice variant on the theme).

Zephyr wasn't sweet on me at all - smelled like deodorant soap!

Edited to add Lolita. Smells like fruit punch.

Edited by Electra

I would have to say Pele also...I made some body lotion with Pele and my 10 and 15 yr old nieces both loved it...plus it is light, so it won't be overpowering.

there's a thread for secents for young children/ but what about teenagers? the(supposedly) best years of ones life. what do you guys say?

I think that by the time you're a teenager, the general threads about recommendations and reviews can apply. Little kids might have problems with the really strong or heavy scents, but teenagers are close enough to being adults that they could wear pretty much anything. My 15-year-old sister tried on some Lust (I had the box of imps out and it was on the top of the pile) and loved it, for example.

Plus, most teenagers (well, the girls, at least) are already experimenting with their appearance, with makeup and clothes, etc. Scent would just be another manifestation of that.

I'm a teenager... and I wear pretty much anything, lol. And I hope that these aren't the best years of my life :D

My teen years have been mostly about figuring out who I am and who I want to be or emulate. I try everything that I can get my hands on and am constantly trying to pinpoint exactly what a 'me' scent is (Voodoo has turned out to be that for me so far).

Alice always stands out for me as the scent that I wore to all of my college orientation functions during my senior year of highschool. No other scent felt really right. I felt like Alice was a shy kind of grownup but not really sort of scent. Playful, but subdued and cautious. Which is how I was feeling.

A lot of my perfume choices are about matching my moods. I only wear Underpants and a few other favorite BPALs when I'm seeing my boy, I have a few colder scents that I wear around my male friends, and I have depressed scents and happy scents and calming scents...

I kind of always viewed the teenage years as a time to figure out what you want in adulthood and what works for you and what you like... and that's kind of how my approach to perfume has been. I try anything and everything, and now I'm starting to figure out what I really and truly like. :P

If I was putting together an imp pack for a teenager or something, I would just try to pick out a wide range of scents for them to sample from different categories.

/end rambling

My daughter is *almost* a teenager - she's 11. I got her started on BPAL with Empyreal Mist, which smells light and slightly fruity (appley) on us, but her true love is Chimera; she lifts her wrist to sniff all day and sighs "Mmmm, honeysuckle!"

I think I still count as a teenager... ^^;

I agree... I think teenagers can experiment with just about any scent. All my friends have different tastes and chemistry. I, for example, don't get along with florals or foody scents, which means a lot of the "sexy" blends don't work out on me. :P I like resinous and woody scents, but some of my friends' favorite notes are jasmine, lotus, and vanilla, which don't work on me at all...

But I do think that citrus scents are quite popular among teenagers. Not sure why; it could be that we're conditioned to think citrus is appropriate for our age, or maybe we feel oily and self-conscious.

As for gifts appropriate to teenagers, I agree with Blood onmy hands. A wide variety is good, especially if they have little/negative experience with perfume. It could open their eyes (nose?)

there's a thread for secents for young children/ but what about teenagers? the(supposedly) best years of ones life. what do you guys say?

What they said.

And depending on the teen (ie: 13 v. 19) those lighter scents may still be in play, although with the joy of hormones who knows what will and won't smell good.

Yes, what they all said, and

don't worry, these are NOT the best years of your life!!

Gets much, much, much better.

But, gee, wish BPAL had been around to scent my young days!

When I was a teenager I really liked patchouli and heavy resins. I have found that I now enjoy greater complexity. My sister, though, who is now a teenager, loves aquatics. It really just depends on the individual.

I liked fruity scents as a teen. Twenty-one and Swank on me smell *just* like me as a teen, and I can't wear them now.

Kalli

But I do think that citrus scents are quite popular among teenagers. Not sure why; it could be that we're conditioned to think citrus is appropriate for our age, or maybe we feel oily and self-conscious.

Yeah, the only perfume I wore in high school was Clinique Happy. Hee!

Trust me, it gets WAYYYY better than high school.

I think if I were looking at gifts, I might try some of the foodie ones - perhaps the more complex ones like Closet Monster.

I suspect teens would like a lot of the scents with sexual names: De Sade, Lust, Sin, just for the mystique of wearing something "naughty and grown up."

*says the girl who wore only Opium during high school.*

What should I get for a friend? She’s sixteen, and like me she has Taurus in both her sun and moon and aqaruis on the rising. She’s this southern belle kind of vibe but she secretly loves goth as well. Has plenty of humor and she likes delicate complicated stuff. Like embroidery(not doing them), intricate jewelry, pernankan beaded slippers, Chinese ethinc stuffs. She’s fiercly loyal towards her friends and family and basically, pple she loves. She likes roses, butterfly, dragonfly, ivies and most importantly phoenix motifs. She’s like of like the Chinese phoenix actually, in fact it’s her emblem(sort of). she likes unique stuff that doesn’t scream look at me look at me, something different yet subtle. Loves the emotional side of history which she complains pple don’t care much about. Is in love with monarchy(the idea of something royal. Regan set apart from the time of birth) alos loves greek/eygptian mythology even though she is a devout charismatic Christian. She hasn’t tried any scents before so I don’t know wht to get her. something that would represents her and suit her personality.

My teenager loves all the Asian-inspired scents, and the more single rose scents. Her bpal box includes: Holiday Moon, Kumiho, Kitsune-Tsuki, 2, 5 and 7, Rose Red, Shanghai, etc.

I'm a teenager... and I wear pretty much anything, lol. And I hope that these aren't the best years of my life :P

Oh, honey - not even remotely! In fact, years from now you'll look back and think, "Thank the Gods I don't have to go through THAT again." ::chuckle::

What should I get for a friend? She’s sixteen, and like me she has Taurus in both her sun and moon and aqaruis on the rising. She’s this southern belle kind of vibe but she secretly loves goth as well. Has plenty of humor and she likes delicate complicated stuff. Like embroidery(not doing them), intricate jewelry, pernankan beaded slippers, Chinese ethinc stuffs. She’s fiercly loyal towards her friends and family and basically, pple she loves. She likes roses, butterfly, dragonfly, ivies and most importantly phoenix motifs. She’s like of like the Chinese phoenix actually, in fact it’s her emblem(sort of). she likes unique stuff that doesn’t scream look at me look at me, something different yet subtle. Loves the emotional side of history which she complains pple don’t care much about. Is in love with monarchy(the idea of something royal. Regan set apart from the time of birth) alos loves greek/eygptian mythology even though she is a devout charismatic Christian. She hasn’t tried any scents before so I don’t know wht to get her. something that would represents her and suit her personality.

She sounds like someone who would really enjoy an Exocolo and Wanderlust themed imp pack. Bastet, Nuit, and Clio really spring out at me. Anubis might fit her too. Other muses and the Graces might suit her too, or you could flesh out the pack with some of Cairo, Athens, Delphi and Shanghai. Something I've thought of doing is making a gift pack with postcards to represent each scent, with the description on the back. Then an imp of each scent and a BPAL postcard and a note reminding the recipient that if they love one of the scents you'd be happy to buy them a bottle to "finish" the gift.

Since you don't give us an idea of her scent tastes, it's hard to judge if the actual *scents* would suit her taste. But the descriptions should.

Kalli