Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
kebechet

Since I seem to need to reiterate it...

My name is Amber.

And I cut.

*hangs head*

Seriously, I cut them just because the texture of the strings reminds me of dirty/greasy wig hair. ^^ I freaked myself out to the point of not wanting to touch the strings at all so finally I just chopped the suckers off. >)

So yes...losing the strings wouldn't be a big impact because what's important is what's inside, like what everyone else has been saying.

I cut the ties to make the Imps easier to store. So, I'm in the "make life simpler" group.

It really is what's inside that counts.

:P

Seriously, I cut them just because the texture of the strings reminds me of dirty/greasy wig hair.  ^^  I freaked myself out to the point of not wanting to touch the strings at all so finally I just chopped the suckers off.  >)

This is *exactly* what my mum thinks. I had to cut them off for her!

I had one of the ties get into my imp of Oberon and sucked a bunch of it out.

Also, when I put imps in my purse, the ties pick up all kinds of lint and cruft from the bottom of my purse.

I am another vote for a stick-on label on the side of the vial. The ties look nice at first, but I care much more about the perfume inside, and the ties really aren't that practical in practice.

How about a compromise. Maybe the freebies that are sent out could skip the ties. I mean they are freebies after, why go through the time and effort to fancy them up. I appreciate a freebie no matter how its dressed! That should save some time and $$

I love the look of the strings and the tags, but I admit I have trimmed a few back for storage purposes. But I agree with all the sentiments here that the oils inside the vial are what count.

I just sellotape the label to the bottle. It works better that way 'cos the ties always seem to tear or slip off. I wouldn't mind a sticky label- presentation of imps ears isn't important to me. Presentation of the big bottles is- but they're gorgeous anywayz. Get rid of the ties! save yourself money and time. The overwhelming response seems to be that people don't mind.

I'm of two minds on this ... I adore teh presentation .. it's so completely unique, I love it! But .. if it's causing the stress, having to get all that tying and fraying done .. then I'm all for cutting out the stress in your life. I think the imps would look just as adorable with a cute little label affixed to them.

Do whatever you need to Beth, you know we're behind you whatever you choose.

I'm wondering though, since the vials are so small, if sticking labels on them would really be easier. Particularly in cases of scents with longer names (i.e. sacred whore of babylon, la belle dame sans merci, etc.)Someone would have to design new labels and find/cut ones small enough to fit.

In any case, I do like the tags, though if they were to be replaced by an easier labeling method, that'd be fine too. After all, it's what's inside the vials that counts.

I'm wondering though, since the vials are so small, if sticking labels on them would really be easier.  Particularly in cases of scents with longer names (i.e. sacred whore of babylon, la belle dame sans merci, etc.)Someone would have to design new labels and find/cut ones small enough to fit.

What about using the same sized label, or even the exact same label as those in use now, with an edge glued to the bottle? Like a post-it, but stronger? It would speed up the process, and it would retain a bit of the original look. It also wouldn't add to the material cost to the lab...

I'm wondering though, since the vials are so small, if sticking labels on them would really be easier.  Particularly in cases of scents with longer names (i.e. sacred whore of babylon, la belle dame sans merci, etc.)Someone would have to design new labels and find/cut ones small enough to fit.

I am fairly confident in saying that in the long run, I think sticky labels would be much easier and more cost effective. True, some time would have to be spent in the beginning designing the labels, but after that, I am thinking that large batches could be printed on a laser printer (or by a professional printer) and they would be adhesive, peel off types, so no cutting would be involved. Then, it would only be a matter of sticking them on the vials, not tying a tag to the strings, tying the strings

round the vials, cutting the strings to length, and fraying them. At least, this is what I am envisioning... However, who knows if Elizabeth would consider this.

I guess I feel weird "planning" such minute details, as we don't even know if Beth is considering changing anythign like this, as she is the business owner, right? Ultimately, it is her company (unless Iam unclear and she has business partners) and I'm sure she will do what she thinks is best. :P

Being a BPAL virgin, my first order is on the way, I would have to say I don't mind if they have freyed ribbon or not. From what I understand, they are cute little cylindrical bottles anyway. Maybe some should be freyed and others not. Like for only the newest scents.

Yes it does make them look sweet. But hey...as for labelling. I am all for a tiny sticker. Just hand written. Simple and quick.