Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
kebechet

Since I seem to need to reiterate it...

This week is being spent redoing a few errant orders and reshipping a few that the USPS sent back to us for reasons unknown. We are shipped out through 3/23 and I believe we will be done with the entire month of March by mid-week. International orders seem to be going agonizingly slowly due to strict probing at customs.

There is now a two-week to almost month-long back up on orders. Though we have two people in the Lab full time, one of them was basically replacing me as I had to return to my old full-time job to pay off all the missing package drama from months ago -- we still haven't recovered. In addition, making the new blends costs a heap of money so in order to do so, I need to keep working here at the theatre. It's a treat. Two sample ty'ers quit, so we had to spend some time coercing other people to take up the slack on that [apparantly] unpleasant duty. Anjali and Brian are doing their best to get the orders out, but with me and Ted only there part time it is backing up a little more than its usual slow process. I can only rebuild scents on my one day off a week, or at night when I get back to the Lab, so that's putting a little dent in things, too. I spend so much time chasing down orders that the USPS or CcNow or my crap email ate that I don't do much of anything else at night.

I apologize if this delay is inconvenient.

It's only inconvenient in that we all have to wait on the edge of our seets for our next 'fix' of your fabulous product Beth. I'm sure noone minds at all, and compeltely understands how busy you are.

:D :P

I just hope that all you guys are taking care of yourselves.

I'm so sorry that things suck right now but I'm sure things will clear up soon enough or at least lighten up a little.

Sending good vibes you way. And as for the delay I don't think anyone really cares that much, I think it suck more from your end than from ours.

s'ok doll- I figured my package was being open & tested at customs anyway- should've see what I had to go through on the weekend just going to Sydney & back! They're getting really tight here so am just keeping everything crossed that the last package you sent is just being held up at customs rather than going to that random man in Ghana! *lol* Your package from em will be sent out this week- may make it today as I've been bed ridden all yesterday with this bug I brought back from Sydeny :P ick.

thanks for the update beth! i think canada customs is really being tight on letting packages through so that must account for most of the problems you're getting with us canadians. is there anyone on the forums here close enough to you now that can volunteer to help with the tracking of orders etc? that seems to be taking up a lot of time that could best be put to use elsewhere. hope everything lightens up for you guys (although i don't think it will since i like so many other people just had to put in another order.... :P ) we love you beth - wish i was there so i could get my imp-tying on.

p.s- sorry that my last order seems to be causing you so much trouble (i know it's been re-sent a million times already...:D)

Awww honey, I'm sorry things suck at the moment. When I win the lottery, I'll have a cheque delivered to you ASAP so you can hire minions to do your grunt work whilst you revel in being Queen. In the mean time, if there's anything that I can do, just shout.

:P

Eak..feeling guilty now for placement of biggish order in the last week :P .

I'm sorry you're having a bit of a shit time (still) - we can wait though! The price you have to pay for not wanting to wear crappy store bought fragrances, eh? :D

Take care, Elizabeth and *hugs*

I'll try not to let my lack of snake oil get me into a murderous rage! :D

If sample tying can be done via the mail, I'll be glad to volunteer. Just say the word...

YES! I can tie! I can tie! FOR FREE!

Hey, try not to sweat it, Woman - easier said than done, I know, but you've got MANY more *supporters* than complainers... {{{GIANT HUG}}}

Big Hug!!! We all love you Beth. I'm sorry that I'm obessed and addicted to your wonderful concoctions. I will wait as long as I have to!! I just get a little concerned when CC-Now states shipped and no package arrives......baffles me.

I hope you can cut your hours at the theater and get some proper help soon. Please try to take care and hang in there!!!! We love you and REALLY appreciate all of your hard work and effort more than words can say!!!!!

~BIG HUGS~

Don't sweat it, sweetie...we will survive and so will you. I hope things begin to even out a bit soon. If there is anything I can do by mail, let me know. I am home in the evenings...and I'll do anything to get out of cleaning!~grin~

I guess the good news is you are getting tons of orders, and as for the wait, well so we wait. Its well worth the wait, even for more than a month. No problemo here.

*MASSIVE HUGS FOR ALL THE BPAL CREW*

I appreciate all the work you guys do for us and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Hopefully one day I'll get both my ipod mini and my BPAL oils and I'll come here and post out of sheer happiness.

Hey Elizabeth! I know I'm just a newbie BPAL junkie, but I did want to offer you my support and my gratitude for the GORGEOUS oils that you guys make. The wait means nothing to me. I love the fact that you're not some corporate monster and a real, struggling human being like the rest of us and I love that you are so blunt and honest in your posts. It's like buying oils from a good friend. A talented, clever, wonderful friend!

Thank you for everything!

HUGS :P Beth! I hope you get some time soon to rejuvinate yourself. Just know in the meantime that you are amazing and do amazing things! I get SO much joy out of my Imps! They sit by my computer so I can pick them up and sniff whenever the desire takes me and the melange of their scent drifts up to my nose all the time...I love it! I'm planning another order...fortunately I won't add to your current orders for a while though, I have to pay of my credit card first!

Hi elizabeth. No problem t'all about the current turnaround time. You all can only do what is humanly possible (and you often even seem to exceed that!). Thanks for the update on how long orders are taking to go out right now. The last I remember hearing in a post from Brian was that the turnaround time was 10-14 days, so it's good to get the info that the time is a bit longer at the moment. As I mentioned above, I really truly do not mind waiting the extra time!! It's nice to be in the loop, though, about what's going on for the BPAL crew. Take care, and stay healthy!

PS - The upcoming scents look delicious! I've so enjoyed all the new scents you introduced for Imbolc, too.

don't worry about it beth, i kinda figured that was the timeline when i ordered (which is why i gave you my parents' addy for the shipping address)... and before my mom ordered, i made sure she knew (and if it matters, the carnal & one of the harlots in her order is for my sister, and the hecate is for me)

Yes, what they all said. We really prefer you guys keeping your sanity, health and lives than getting our perfumes here within two weeks.

Beth, :D thank you for the update.

As the others said, no problem. Your oils are well worth waiting for and your health and well-being are far more important. I hope you have shifted that cold??

As much as I love the ties I can manage without. Maybe those of us who agree could have the labels taped on and if necessary the ties added loose!! we'll learn. :P

My fingers are no longer nimble, but if there is anything else I can help with at a distance, please yell... I would be more than happy to do what I can.

Don't worry so much about us, Beth... you need to keep your health and your sanity in good shape. Good things come to those who wait.

Although the ties are really lovely, if you would (even temporarily) need to suspend the idea of the ties to get through this deluge, I would agree that it would be a minor loss. The packaging is great, but the oils are what people love, IMO.

All of you need to remember that we adore you and your creations and appreciate the fact that you keep us informed of delays and are doing the very best you can to keep your customers happy.

Damn, I wish I still lived in LA, I'd come over and help you out.

No worries, Beth. Your oils are well worth the wait. I kinda like the anticipation...

Too bad my brother moved from North Hollywood recently. I would have insisted that he march over there and help you out! :P

Hi Elizabeth

Like many I'm a newbie too, but I just want you to know, that you should take as long as you need.

Maybe you should think about putting up a paypal donation link so that we as the forum could help you catch up. Personally I'd be quite happy to help out by donating some money for someone who is so caring and dedicated as yourself.

It might even allow you some time away from the theatre to recharge :P As it sounds like you have *no* free time at the moment and thats crap.

As much as I love the ties I can manage without. Maybe those of us who agree could have the labels taped on and if necessary the ties added loose!! we'll learn. :P

i think that's a great idea and would save a lot of time. good suggestion :D