Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Jello

The Perfect Lavender

Figured this was the place to ask, anybody have thoughts or comparisons on the newest lavender blends? I loooove The Air and The Ether and TKO but I haven't tried many other lavender blends and wondering what the lavender lovers out there think or what their new faves are.

Figured this was the place to ask, anybody have thoughts or comparisons on the newest lavender blends? I loooove The Air and The Ether and TKO but I haven't tried many other lavender blends and wondering what the lavender lovers out there think or what their new faves are.

I'm a fan of lavender pairings that feature other herbal oils or lean cool, pristine, and ethereal if you will.

Here's a short list which includes the overlooked Somnium section of the catalog and a few Lilith perfumes

Ganymede

Bewildered in a Dream

Yvaine if there's any still to be found

Baku

Lurid

Oneiroi

Serving Tea After Coitus

Goddess of Mischief

Plush Viscera

Waiting

Motherhood

And I'm putting Lurid in the list, although I know newer creations are being solicited but I think it's a GC treasure that's underrated

Edited by sprout

I have been reaching for A Moment in Time. It reminds me of TKO and I love wearing it at night especially. I am anxiously awaiting my bottle of Lavender Lace. I hope to add it to my favorite lavender blends!

ETA: Lavender lace didn't give me all that much lavender - mostly tobacco. I will retest again once it settles more.

Edited by ziggystardust13

I've been raving about Silence in other threads because I lurves it. Daybreak is lovely, and I'm reaching for it more now that it's warm out. One Perfect Day is more rose-dominant but the lavender is really pretty in it.

I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestion or combo suggestions for recreating Aegir. Lucchesa describes it as a "languid lavender", and maybe the lavender lovers know of something similar?

What's everyone's favorite sweet, almost candy-like lavender blends besides TKO?

30 minutes ago, Fury said:

What's everyone's favorite sweet, almost candy-like lavender blends besides TKO?

My Tiger is delicious & sweet! Though not just lavender, it’s drool-worthy~~~~

12 hours ago, Fury said:

The Mysterious Warning 

Daybreak 

Plush Viscera 

Motherhood 

I've recently discovered that I love sugary lavender blends (which was a surprise; thank goodness for generous frimps that weren't on my radar). I love TKO/Frostbitten TKO and am working on tracking down My Tiger and a few other Liliths. One I've tried and adore that hasn't been mentioned yet is Storge, which is very sweet, but you have to like honey. 

On 3/3/2020 at 1:13 AM, feyofthefellwood said:

I've recently discovered that I love sugary lavender blends (which was a surprise; thank goodness for generous frimps that weren't on my radar). I love TKO/Frostbitten TKO and am working on tracking down My Tiger and a few other Liliths. One I've tried and adore that hasn't been mentioned yet is Storge, which is very sweet, but you have to like honey. 

Discovered the same thing when I received an empty sniffie of Frostbitten TKO (with still enough left for a few applications on my skin)! Up until then I had been thinking I did not like lavender in perfumes (although I do very much love the smell of lavender in general), but sugary lavender blends are heavenly. 💜 I've even been exploring non-sugary lavenders lately, which I don't like as much but I think it's growing on me.

My Tiger is a tad too perfumey on me, but still very nice. I've also tried Daybreak and True Love, which are both lovely, but Daybreak is just incredible! If you like FB TKO, you'll definitely like this one. I'll have to track down TKO and Storge at some point as well (I do love honey, and Storge has been on my radar). 😊

26 minutes ago, Kelthara said:

Discovered the same thing when I received an empty sniffie of Frostbitten TKO (with still enough left for a few applications on my skin)! Up until then I had been thinking I did not like lavender in perfumes (although I do very much love the smell of lavender in general), but sugary lavender blends are heavenly. 💜 I've even been exploring non-sugary lavenders lately, which I don't like as much but I think it's growing on me.

My Tiger is a tad too perfumey on me, but still very nice. I've also tried Daybreak and True Love, which are both lovely, but Daybreak is just incredible! If you like FB TKO, you'll definitely like this one. I'll have to track down TKO and Storge at some point as well (I do love honey, and Storge has been on my radar). 😊

I will definitely have to look for Daybreak! Storge is really lovely, and Frostbitten TKO is similar to the regular version, just with the snow note (which of course I love so it's a win/win situation). I wish I had discovered my love for sugary lavender before the Liliths came down, but alas. There's always sales and this year's collection to look forward to, at least. :)

6 hours ago, feyofthefellwood said:

I will definitely have to look for Daybreak! Storge is really lovely, and Frostbitten TKO is similar to the regular version, just with the snow note (which of course I love so it's a win/win situation). I wish I had discovered my love for sugary lavender before the Liliths came down, but alas. There's always sales and this year's collection to look forward to, at least. :)

I wish I had figured that out sooner as well! But like you said, I'm sure we'll be able to track down a few scents. In the meantime, I'll be adding a bottle of Frostbitten TKO to my next Lab order for sure. 😊

On 2/8/2020 at 3:52 PM, Fury said:

Omg The Serpentine! I forgot how beautiful it is until I was soaking in the bath oil the other day. I paired with Frostbitten TKO when I got out, and it was divine.