Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Jello

The Perfect Lavender

another dissenter on the Pain topic - it's a hint of mint, all sharp and almost greasy/motor oil on me...

Is there a lavender/vanilla oil?

I love the Pastilles lotion from Propaganda Beauty and Bath, and if there's a similar BPAL oil, I would be in layering heaven.

:P

I'd really like to try some lavender-based scents, since I fell hard in love with Lush's "French Kiss" bubble bar. I'll be placing my first BPAL order right after Christmas. I think I'll order an imp of Twilight, and I'm trying to decide between a bottle of Yvaine or TKO, since I don't think imps are available for those, and I don't want to get into the swaps yet (too newbish, lol). I have a hard time choosing because it turns out I like a lot of different types of scents. Does anyone have any opinions or suggestions, please? :P

I love the Pastilles lotion from Propaganda Beauty and Bath, and if there's a similar BPAL oil, I would be in layering heaven.

Tko!

ETA: It's lavender and vanilla oil, I mean - I've never tried the Pastilles lotion to compare them.

Edited by dzurlady

I'd really like to try some lavender-based scents, since I fell hard in love with Lush's "French Kiss" bubble bar. I'll be placing my first BPAL order right after Christmas. I think I'll order an imp of Twilight, and I'm trying to decide between a bottle of Yvaine or TKO, since I don't think imps are available for those, and I don't want to get into the swaps yet (too newbish, lol). I have a hard time choosing because it turns out I like a lot of different types of scents. Does anyone have any opinions or suggestions, please? :P

I would recommend Love and Pain from The Salon. It's a beautiful, beautiful, beautiful lavender scent. I prefer it to both Yvaine & TKO.

echoing Love and Pain. It's just about my favorite lavender blend. Agony of Loss is good too, but I think that Love and Pain might be a smidge better.

AH... TKO.

My favorite lavender scents are Temple of Dreams, which smells like pure Englsih lavender to me, and Envy, which is a lavender mint combo. I have tried TKO but can't remember it...I think I fell asleep! :P

I love lavender. Seriously. I love it so much that I did a search on the main Bpal site for all the blends containing lavender, and that became the basis for my wishlist. (I also added some unrelated things I've discovered since then, but that's not on topic.)

I also used this thread to determine any hidden lavenders I may have missed from the catalogue - I notice the Somnium and Panacea blends don't list notes so I got recommendations for some of those from here.

But I was wondering, are there any more? Or are there any other scents that may not list specific notes but that you think would appeal to a lavender lover, or that smell like they have lavender in them to you?

Greensleeves

I'm bumping this because I'm looking for a lavender/vanilla blend that is NOT TKO. I'm in desperate need of sleep/relaxation/calming the hell down and I'm finding that neither Baku or Somnus are working for me. TKO hurt my teeth it was so sweet. Anybody have any suggestions?

Oh, and while I love Love and Pain, I find that the tobacco is predominant on me, which is nice to wear as perfume, but not helping me sleep.

Wulric! Its a little sweet because of the chocolate- but its not cloying like TKO in my experience (more rich than straight up sweet, and has grounding notes with it), is def my fav sleep blend. It has a hint of cologne smell in there (that makes me feel like I am snuggling up with a man).

Also... Antihelion (the TAL oil). Sleep really isn't a listed use on it, but it knocks me out pretty fast normally. Its more of a lavender and spice rather than a lavender and vanilla.

Edited by tativa

I'm bumping this because I'm looking for a lavender/vanilla blend that is NOT TKO. I'm in desperate need of sleep/relaxation/calming the hell down and I'm finding that neither Baku or Somnus are working for me. TKO hurt my teeth it was so sweet. Anybody have any suggestions?

Oh, and while I love Love and Pain, I find that the tobacco is predominant on me, which is nice to wear as perfume, but not helping me sleep.

Have you tried Safari? I have no idea what the notes are besides lavender, but it's basically everything I'd hoped TKO would be. Whereas TKO smells like lavender cake to me and made me crave sweets, not sleep, Safari is mostly gentle lavender with some sort of sweetness in the background that I can't place. Very calming. Mind you, I was using this in an oil burner, not as perfume...

My personal fave with vanilla & lavender is Lilith Victoria. It's beautiful and comforting and my boyfriend loves it. I haven't tried it as a sleep blend though.

Thank you everyone!! I have a bottle of Wulric I can try, I totally forgot about him. Lilith Victoria would not be a blend I could wear that is conducive to sleeping... erhm :blush: My fiance quite likes it. I haven't tried Safari yet either, but I think I have a decant stashed away somewhere that I gave to my guy due to his troubles with travel. I'll see if I can track it down and try it for my purposes.

Thank you so very much!!! I appreciate all of your help! :wub2:

gemini is loaded with heavenly lavender goodness that gets phenomenal when aged....just sayin' :wub2:

I really like Dorian for sleeping. There's just a touch of lavender & the vanilla is lightened by the citrus & tea. I'm also not adverse to a bit of musk :P

I found the lavender in TKO & Lilith Victoria really strong & astringent & the vanilla aspect too heavy & cloying. TKO actually makes me a bit queasy (but, strangely enough, does work, so I use it if I'm desperate).

You might want to just try something you find comforting, whether it has lavender in it or not, sometimes that'll put you in the right frame of mind for relaxing or sleeping. :hug:

Definitely Wulric. :)

Also, I have a bottle of TKO massage oil that I like better than the perfume oil. It doesn't seem as sweet to me, but it is still strong enough that I only use a very little.

I'd really like to find a perfect smokey lavender scent, an oil version of Serge Luten's Gris Clair. It's notes are

lavender, amber, tonka bean, iris, dry wood, and incense.

From a review of Gris Clair: "Cool dryness and sweet smokiness compete for prominence all throughout the development of Gris Clair. It starts with a cold, indeed “clear gray” accord of lavender, which makes me think about expensive, classic men’s after shaves and colognes. In a moment however, an unexpectedly sweet accord of amber and tonka bean appears; without reminding me of any fruit in particular, it somehow manages to convey a vague, abstract fruitiness. It is an enjoyable stage, but the best part of Gris Clair is undoubtedly the promised dry wood and “burned incense”. When these two notes come into play, Gris Clair acquires the wonderful depth and richness one associates with the best Lutens’s creations. At this point, all the notes are apparent on my skin at once: the chilly lavender, the honeyed amber, the smoldering ashes of wood and incense."

Jammies suggested Gaueko, Naeelah suggested the Erebos room spray, and sarahlaughs suggested TKO for lavender/vanilla and Liz for vanilla/smoke.

Anyone else care to weigh in?

I don't remember if I tested this one, but you might want to try Love and Pain from the Salon category. The notes are "Lavender, Balkan tobacco, black musk, dark vanilla, and golden copaifera."

I know sometimes I get a smokey lavender vibe from Dorian (which I believe is coming in your first order), but it seems to happen some days.

I've just remembered another LE: Under the Harvest Moon. It doesn't have any incense notes so it may not be smoky but it does have a dusky quality. It's a recent LE so it should be easy to find. It has white and blue musk, lavender, leaves, white amber (I think) and some florals. It's dusky but it does have a pale, round aspect also.

Erebos is only softly smoky. It's more of a floral scent with vanilla and a hint of melon.

Hmmm. I hope bpal makes a scent with the notes you mentioned, because that sounds great. I'll have to check it out.