Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
clephan

Kumiho

Nine-tailed fox demon of Korean lore who transforms into the visage of an irresistible beauty in order to seduce men and lead them to their doom. A sharp, biting blend of crisp white tea and ginger.

In the vial: smooth white tea and ginger

Wet: Wonderful, this stays true on me! Smooth tea, not astringent or bitter, and crisp, tangy ginger. It gets a little sweeter as it dries, as if there is clover honey in the tea, but it never becomes overly sweet or cloying.

Dry: tea and ginger

As others have stated this is not a complex scent. That doesn't mean I don't love it. This is definitely a scent to wear on days where one wants clarity and focus, or if it's very hot and muggy out. This will be a big bottle purchase for me!

Ah Kumiho, I hardly knew ye. This is the first bpal I've tried where I get no scent at all from the imp. Perhaps just the faintest whiff of something sweet. On, it's a very, make that extremely, faint lemon tea. Then it's gone within two minutes. So I put more on. Now the lemon tea scent is just a bit stronger, but again is gone before it really has time to develop. I like the scent, and I'll probably keep the imp to see if slathering helps.

First Impression: Lemon Tea with a bit of ginger.

Dries down to: A light, lovely ginger tea.

Additional Comments: This is a very simple, classic scent - perfect for summer. Not my usual preference but very nice for a change of pace.

Lasted: A couple of hours, but was very faint after the first half hour.

Rating: 3 out of 5

Wow, this is delicate and delicious on the skin. Ginger and tea, yumm.

Deffinately a spring/summer scent. Very simple, very clean.

In the Bottle: Intoxicating. Smells very much like CK One only not as pungent. This is a very clean CK One. What CK One wanted to be, what it dreams of growing up to be.

Wet: WOW! The white tea is AMAZING. It doesn’t smell like CK One at ALL now. Amazing what a little bit of body chemistry can do. I just put it on and it’s already lost it’s CK smell. It’s tea in the forground with a tinting of ginger. The ginger is just powerfull enough to make it’s presence known but not so powerful as to eat away all of the tea. :P Stay good!

Drydown: It stayed!!! On me this calmed down in it’s pungency and nothing more. If I didn’t like this scent I would be beside myself. But I love it! The fact that it dried down to the exact same thing it smelled like on me when it was wet is just an added bonus. Beth! Large bottle prz!!!

After 1 week of wearing: I cut this with some alcohol to make a spray out of it and I'm having the same trouble alot of people are having with it......I ahve to FORCE myself not to use it. To wear something else. On my next order I'm order a 10ml....this scent is just.....divine. One of my top 5

Super-fresh. This is pure tea with a hint of tangy citrus (ginger reads a little citrusy to my nose). Very crisp and clean scent, with a little kick. This would be ideal on a hot and muggy day in the summer.

I have to say that Beth does tea scents like no one else. I'm willing to try anything she puts out with tea at this point.

Wet this is a very strong, sweet white floral. When first on it’s citrus- lemon and lime together. This evaporates almost immediately leaving hardly any scent- strange. Smells like a green tea body oil spray I have. It makes me think of the colors green and white. This is okay but not really my type of scent.

This is very much like Shanghai on me except the tea note is further in the background and the lemony scent is much sharper and more biting, just as the description promises. Yeah, I can see that what I perceive as lemon might actually be ginger. It vanishes very quickly and completely. After an hour or so there isn't a trace left.

Wet: Bright sparkly tea and orange peel.

Dry: I don't find this very different from Shanghai, just has a hint of citrus. It's nice, but the gentle tea and citrus pith scent is not a standout from other tea fragrances, or the best of the lot.

Yich. Lemon tea. Smells like Severin and Embalming Fluid. I don't like the citrus in this at all. This also smells exactly like this cheap little girl's "Belle" perfume I got at Disneyland years ago. Swap for me.

I love this. It is bright, clean, clear, fresh...lemon/citrus. I can see how it might be the ginger giving off that bite-a very fresh ginger. It isn't sweet at all, but there is the hint of the white tea that softens the citrus. And the white tea is beautiful! I like this better than Shangai, which was pretty weak on me, and also better than Embalming Fluid. On me, it lasts for hours and has some throw. It would be ideal for a hot day in summer, and I just might get a bottle of this.

In the bottle I get green tea with ginger. Wet, it is the same as it was in the imp. Dry, the tea and ginger blend beautifully and there is just the right throw. Tea scents work well for me and this is no exception. I loooove :P this and will need to order a big bottle!

Wow - something about this one is really surprising. It smells very much like white tea - which is unusual, because on my skin all the tea scents I've tried have gone pretty much immediately to major floralsville. Kumiho just sweetens up, with a touch of that floral aspect but not enough to pervert the smell of *tea*. That's exciting and new! I smell only a touch of ginger, but it's just enough to give the scent some spice, and I like that. I'd love to smell more ginger on the drydown, but we'll see.

This is a strange scent to me, for reasons I can't really put my finger on. But it's definitely a nice one.

totally gorgeous pure red tea and ginger!!!!

this scent is so refreshingly spectacular i would

love to wear this on a hot, sultry summer afternoon strolling down

commercial street in my beloved ptown....

fanfuckingtastic!!!!! :P :D

Whatdya know, there is a BBW scent that smells like this!

Kumiho is supposed to be white tea and ginger; I get tea and faint ginger, nothing to really offend me at first glance. Upon drydown, it basically stays the same. . . tea and a little ginger, but nothing complex, and nothing that impresses you so much you're knocked down (as I was with say, Snow White :P ). That said, however, Kumiho is great as a light, everyday scent.

Oh wow. This is sharp and biting and soooo good. The tea and ginger are perfect together, fresh and clean and lovely. I've had trouble with green and white tea scents disappearing on me, but the ginger seems to be anchoring this. If it has reasonable staying power I would definitely get a bottle. Yum!

Oh, this is so lovely!

In the imp: A very crisp tea.

Wet: Less tea, more ginger--a sort of sweet-lemon scent.

Dry 5 min: Still tea and sweet-lemon. It's a very clean, simple scent. So lovely and nice.

Dry 30 min: Same lovely scent. Not a bad throw on it, either. :P

Dry 1 hour: It's going a bit powdery, but the scent is still true and the powder just softens it without really changing it.

Dry 2 hours: Wow, this had faded fast. It's still there but I have to be close to smell it.

Dry 3 hours: It's a nice, close little scent that hasn't changed at all from the one-hour scent Fades fast, but it's still there. It's a 'snuggle me and smell it' deal. Which I don't object to and my son and the baby seem to find it fascinating.

Overall: This is a lovely, simple scent that stays really true. Depending on how the other imps move me, this could be a big-bottle scent for me (because I bet it'd also be great as a room scent for those stuffy-winter nights and hot, humid summer days) and I'm certainly going to keep an imp of it around.

Edited by Ciircee

I do like this - I get citrus and ginger - quite sharp and biting - very fresh

If only it had some staying power I would LOVE it !!!

I've worn Kumiho to work the past few days and have used most of my imp up. Why? Because it's absolutely gorgeous, but has almost no staying power. The ginger and tea turn lemony on me but I don't mind. It's crisp, clean and perfect for work or (I imagine) for warm weather. In spite of its disappearing act, I may buy a larger bottle and just slather it on.

I'm very sad that the white tea isn't more present in this. I love white tea and that was my main reason for ordering it. Unfortunately I smell a very sour smell, almost like lemon but slightly white as well. I hate to say it, but it smells like a clean, sophisticated... cleaning product. Not horrible, but this is not the first time a fragrance has gone lemon on me and I'm getting very angry at lemons. *sigh*

In Bottle: Tea

On Skin: I don’t know tea too well, but I thought it smelled like green tea. Maybe it’s the citrus in it. This is a very bright juicy scent that reminds me a lot of Holiday Moon and Shanghai. The ginger is soft, it doesn’t scream out but still echos throughout the scent. A beautiful warm spring scent, again making me think of tea houses and aisian themes. I love the green feel it gives and how vibrant it is. A little tart and extreme for me, but a gorgeous scent nonetheless.

This is absolutely beautiful. It's my HG light, clean, spring scent. It's fresh white tea with the sharp tartiness of ginger and it lasts on me. There's a sweetness to it that makes it such a sparkling scent. It makes me feel pretty, feminine, and girly. I wear it on most of my dates with the person I'm seeing at the moment because of how lovely it makes me feel. Kumiho has shot up to my top ten list fast.

The first time I tried Kumiho, I thought it smelled *really* good: the light, fresh scent of sweet candied ginger and tea. It smelled very simple and natural.

When I tried it again a few days later, it started wafting incredibly strong soap. I think it has to do with what area of my hand I put it on. Very bizarre... I don't usually hesitate to swap something away if I have a soapy experience, but I think Kumiho warrants further experimentation. :P

Tangy. Almost lemony, really. I don't get much of the spicy warmth I usually associate with ginger. It's bright and sweet but, unfortunately, it fades almost instatntly.