Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
McPagangrrl

Oak blends?

Years ago, I used to buy an oil from the now-vanished Halcyon Her(:D Company. It was simply called Oak oil and it was the most pretty thing. I now have about 8 drops left and am afraid to use it because I cannot get any more.

This Oak oil wasn't particularly a particularly dry wood oil, nor was it cloyingly green. I did a search for "Oak" on the BPAL site to see if anything came up with an oak-y note. It turned up a few fragrances that included oakmoss. I already have an imp of Hamadryad, which seems to be in the family, albeit a little sharp and tangy.

I know probably no one here knows of the original blend I'm speaking of, but I'd love to get some recommendations based on your interpretation of my description. :P :D

Necrobump! I'd really love some suggestions for lovely oak blends. :)

Edited by ioleda

Blossoming Vulva, one of this year's Lupers, has oak (it's oak, amber, bourbon vanilla, blue lotus, and tea,I think), but I haven't tried it personally yet so I don't know how prominent the oak note is.

Kill-Devil (from the GC) also contains oak, but the oak is pretty much drowned under the rum/molasses/sugar/boozy-cloying-sweetness.

Haloes: Oak, tonka, vanilla, white sandalwood, lily of the valley, white ginger, amber, and apricot.

Oak is such a pretty note.

Mad Sweeney is oak barrel aged whisky and it made me absolutely fall in love with Oak. It's boozy at the beginning, even sharp, but not at all green. The booze burns off quickly and the scent ultimately ends up smelling like the most amazing oak walled sauna (on me). LOVE, it's my favorite.