Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Morrighana

Bloodlust

A fiery Martial blend that embodies primal rage, lust for conquest, and all-encompassing desire. Dragon’s blood essence, heavy red musk, Indonesian patchouli and swarthy vetiver with a drop of cinnamon.

Bloodlust is all Dragon's Blood and cinnamon. This is a beautiful, bold, and heavy scent. I think only a certain type of person could pull this scent off as it is about as bold as they come. The first time I tried this I meant to grab an imp of Psyche, but the lights were out and in the dark, I accidentally grabbed and applied Bloodlust. I had been expecting the soft, subtle scent of Psyche, but was instantly aware that I'd applied the wrong scent, as a thick, heavy, and resinous scent filled the entire room. The scent has incredible throw and is not something I could wear to work without affecting the couple of my coworkers who are sensitivite to fragrances. Fiery (just like the description says!), bold, and confident, this is a fabulous scent. Unfortunately, BPAL cinnamon burns my skin and so I had to wash this off before I had a chance to test its staying power. I will wear it, but only in a scent locket or in my hair.

this one is hard to pin down. I definitely get something spicy - and is there something herbal in the background? something kind of sharp. I also smell the dragon's blood in the background.

9.26.06 - apparently I forgot that I'd already reviewed this... heh. my impression of it today:

whew - this one is full of cinnamon! in the imp I can really smell the vetiver, a note that rarely works on me. it does all right in this blend, but it's so spicy and strong that I doubt I'd wear it. however, I'm going to pass the imp along to a vetiver-loving friend of mine. :P

Edited by Nightbird

This is all dragon's blood on me. When wet it smells just like Blood and it took about an hour for me to notice anything deeper than the dragon's blood. Eventually I did smell the patchouli in it but it wasn't coming out of the scent, it was still fairly buried underneath.

It's been about 3 hours now and I only smell dragon's blood, there's not anything underneath at all now.

Overall I like the smell but it's no different on me than blood soo I don't see the point in it.

I like it though, but that's a given since it's primarily dragon's blood.

In the bottle -

A dusty, fruity smell - like muddy cherries.

Wet on the skin -

I am amazed I get such a strong cherry scent from this. It's like cherries and almonds with a hint of dirt to it. The cinnamon comes out quite quickly. I am waiting for the patchouli to come out at bite my nose off.

Dry -

No patchouli! I'm impressed. A nice light cinnamon with a little fruity sweetness in the background.

Le hub says -

"Looks and smells like food colouring. 0.0001 out of 10."

(he hates ciannmon....)

Bloodlust

in imp: vetiver and cinnamon

wet: vetiver, cinnamon, and patchouli...a very dry scent (no dragon's blood)

dry: patchouli and vetiver

verdict: not for me...I wish that the dragon's blood had shown up to help sweeten the blend; I would have really liked that...will pass on to someone that I think will enjoy it

Very strong on the dragon's blood, which I'm a big fan of. A very heavy, thick red smell, just like the oil itself. When I first put it on there's a heavy earthy smell, presumably the patchouli and vetiver, overpowering the dragon's blood, and I swear there's clove here, though that isn't a listed note; then slowly cinnamon starts wafting through, growing quite strong before mysteriously evaporating; and then it's almost pure dragon's blood, with the patchouli just kind of rounding it a little. Love this, though it doesn't last very long at all on my skin.

Want a big bottle, but I'm also planning to buy the LE The Bloody Sword as soon as I get a little cash, and I expect it will smell similiar, so I'll probably wait and compare.

I loves me the musk, but the dragon's blood can be touch and go. The patchouli doesn't work very well at all.

In the vial - Musky musk musk. Dark and syrupy musk. So dark it almost has the scent of chocolate.

Wet - I'm not kidding, this really does remind me of chocolate...

Drying - The scent is dying off and I mean fast! There's some musk still, lingering, with just a touch of patchouli, but where the heck are the other notes? And where the heck is the whole darned thing disappearing to?!

Dry (30 minutes) - Meh, it's patchouli with some musk and dragon's blood. It's not really... interesting.

Overall - I thought this would be more layered and interesting, but it's mostly just patchouli to me. Kinda... boring.

yuck - cinnamon. Not my first choice for a body scent.

wet and dry this is cinnamon and patchouli with a slight metallic twang. It smells like a headshop.

Not for me.

This was a frimp from the lab and one I probably wouldn't have picked for myself because dragon's blood and I don't usually get along. I like all of the notes in bloodlust except for the dragon's blood though and luckily this one suprised me by not being all about the dragon's blood. I get lots of cinnamon, musk and patchouli with just a touch of vetiver and a tiny hint of the sickly sweetness I associate with dragon's blood on my skin. The sweetness stays in the background though and rounds out the scent nicely. It's definitely a hot, heavy scent-very sensual and rich. Suprise, suprise, I think I will probably wear this one.

Note: I like how red this oil is.

In the Imp: Dirt and fruit.

Wet: Floral dirt. I'm picking up the medicinal smell that I get from Snake Oil, only a little different. That floral is very familiar. I think it is Asiatic Lilly. Now that's all I can smell. Very nice.

Dry: Cinnamon and Asiatic Lilly. This one is a keeper, and possibly something to buy a bottle of. Oh yes. Ironically this is very ladylike and sophisticated.

:P

In the bottle it smells nice; I like the smell of dragon's blood, also like the cinnamon nuances.

After drydown, you can now smell the vetiver/patchouli which is OK.

This turns soapy on me. :P Unfortunate, because I don't dislike the stuff per se.

Got an imp from a ::good:: friend. Now I know why she gave it to me. :P

Wet: Dragon's blood, indeed!

Drydown: More cinnamon, with just a peek of the sweet (patchouli? vetiver?)

Dry: Really lovely and warm. Good cinnamon (not the RedHots type!), and that Dragon's blood keep leering at me.

Verdict: top ten (all the time), top three (in the winter)

--

Vindaloo

In the imp: I had high hopes for this oil, because I like dragon's blood, but a lot of my favorite DB blends are on the lighter side. This sounds a bit more malicious. Indeed, it has a rough, dirty, bloody smell in the imp, like a warrior in the midst of a battlefield.

Wet: Oh dear God, what the h*ll is going on here? The vetiver and patchouli have taken a malicious turn and this just smells like dirt mixed with rainwater. Not appealing at all!

Drydown and wear: There is no DB here to provide warmth, it is all this odd stale and dirty patchouli and vetiver mix. This is not appealing on me at all.

Way too overpowering, both in the bottle and on me. When on me I could just barely smell the cinnamon, I think that the musk and patchouli were way too overpowering, I felt that it was not nice at all. Could of been more of a masculine smell. Not for me, definately going on swap pile.

Rightfully I should absolutely love this based on the notes. I hope I will, since the imp cap's busted. *sniff* Spicy luscious goodness! Definitely heavy on the dragon's blood. The patchouli is *very* subdued, and I'm not really getting the vetiver. Mostly this is pure dragon's blood with a touch of sweetness. Musk is pretty low.

From the bright redness of the oil, I was afraid this would be overwhelming cinnamon. Instead, it's actually a heavy, sweet patchouli. Nice! The cinnamon keeps it the blend mobilized, while the patchouli keeps the cinnamon from taking over. Martial, I think, is an excellent descriptor. This hovers perfectly between earth and fire, undeniable and imposing.

in the imp, this to me smells sharp & herbal.

on, it takes a little while, but eventually it warms into this soft, powdery incense (i keep wanting to say there is something sweet here as well, faintly cherry-like?). it is absolutely delicious and beautiful and mild. also, i can't quite put my finger on what it reminds me of, but it is very comforting, calming. i quite simply love it(!), so much. :P

This nearly leapt out of the imp at me, it was so strong!

My first impression was deep and earthy and aggressive: patchouli and vetiver dominated for a few minutes. After it dried, it mellowed out surprisingly quickly and became a sweeter, seamless blend of resin, musk, and spice. I was unable to detect the cinnamon note at all, which surprised me.

I like this quite a bit, and feel that it is in the same "category" for me as Vixen and Ravenous. It does fade rather quickly - the throw backs off almost immediately and after two hours, I can only smell it by pressing my nose to my wrist.

Here I don't get the dragon's blood, even though that smell really came out and bit me in Wrath. Here, I get PATCHOULI, and, to a lesser extent, VETIVER, which are very dominant smells--I'll agree with the person that called this scent "aggressive." The cinnamon never came to the fore for me. I kept saying, "I smell like a headshop," and the people I was eating dinner with agreed--which is rare; people almost never comment on my perfume since I'm so moderate with it.

I kind of like it, but I definitely did not get the vibe from this one I wanted (I was really hoping for the "I want to bite someone!" vibe that someone mentioned previously), so I'm not sure I'll be buying a bottle. 3 out of 5.

Wet: Patchouli-laced musk. Aggressive.

First on: My skin amps dragon's blood, so that comes to the fore; it's mostly musky dragon's blood. A hint of cinnamon wafts in and out.

Dry: Cinnamon decides to take the lead. Dry, it's a spicy dragon's blood with some musk underneath. I love it.

I love it because it is red in color, has Dragon's Blood base, musk, and cinnamon in it. When I first put it on it was kind of green smelling on me but when it blended with my body chemistry, it just took off. :P I really would purchase a bottle of this! This goes to the top of the list!

Okay, I think maybe the lab accidentally mislabeled the imp I got of this because I'm not getting what any of you guys are getting.

On all stages in me it smells like cold marble and white, white flowers. Horribly strong and over-watered white flowers just choking me. White flowers white flowers, argh. Stop chasing me, white flowers.

It went on very strong, almost too smoky for me, like a dragon's breath. A few hours later, it mellowed out, and I could smell the vetiver. I don't think I'll be getting this again, but it was a nice experiment.

Bloodlust

Hmmmm there is something about this blend that is making go :P

I think it's the Vetiver.

When it's first applied it's all Dragon's Blood and Vetiver, that's the note I've decided I don't like. It gives the blends a very sharp, almost peppery feel to it, that is hard to get used to.

Thankfully this doesn't last too long, because I would have been put right off the oil!

So.....once it passes the wet stage the red musk comes out a bit more, which I love :D and the vetiver takes more of a back seat.

It settles down to a nice musky blend, with a touch of dragon's blood!

No 5ml for me though :D

musk and patchouli, like voodoo, but stronger. slightly masculine and dusty, but it certainly suits my mood right now. not a big bottle, but nice for occasional wear.