Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Morrighana

Bloodlust

A fiery Martial blend that embodies primal rage, lust for conquest, and all-encompassing desire. Dragon's blood essence, heavy red musk, Indonesian patchouli and swarthy vetiver with a drop of cinnamon.

Upon my first sniff, I’m catching a lot of the patchouli with just a bit of the fruity Dragon’s blood behind it.

On my skin, it’s very wood-y and deeply spicy. Like a battle between the musks and the cinnamon. It’s incredibly powerful and I could see this working as a guy’s scent. On me, it’s very angry and dark.

Definitely suits its description, but not something I can wear. As the musks tone down, it turns to a kind of heady spice. Like sucking on a fresh stick of cinnamon. Still, it’s positively not me in the least.

Maybe something to give a future paramour, but for now, it’s off to the swap pile.

Bloodlust

Sniff: Heavy incense!

Wet: Incense and spider legs ... bring on the patchouli

After 10: It's actually quite nice, which I didn't expect. Once I get that initial "oh, my skin's gonna hump the patchouli" fear-rare is it that it works for me. But, the dragon's blood has definately come forward now and seems to be the head chief reigning in all of the other little Indians.

Impressions: It's a deep, red scent. Animalistic, bitch ready, but with that rounded, open scent of dragon's blood making it a bit sweet. Nice!

FIRST SNIFF - wet, rotting wood.

WEARING IT - i can really smell the vetiver and musks. it still has that heavy, damp, rotting wood scent. i find it to be very dark and not very appealing to my nose in the least.

VERDICT - not for me.

In the bottle - spicy dragon's blood!

Wet - dragon's blood, cinnamon, patchouli and something that smells sour. The sour smell is beginning to turn my stomach. It makes me feel "off", discordant, and is effecting me so strongly that I immediately have to wash this off.

I have never had a reaction like this to an oil before. Wearing it literally made me feel uncomfortable!

On the wickedgoddess scale of 1 to 5 (with 5 being the best) this rates a 2.

ETA - Okay, this is going off to a new home, but I just had to try it one more time to see if I still had the same reaction.

In the bottle - this smells fantastic!

Wet - Dragon's blood and vetiver, with just a drop of cinnamon.

Dry - Vetiver and more vetiver. Okay, I am not freaking out this time, and it is nice while wet, but dry, it's just too much vetiver for me.

ETA2 - I spoke too soon! I am starting to get that discordant, jittery feeling again.

Edited by wickedgoddess

In Bottle: Dragon’s blood.

On Skin: I love Dragon’s Blood and it’s the first note I smell. I like the musk but the patchouli is a little heavy for me, I’m hoping it will fade. I don’t smell the cinnamon yet, but I do smell the vetiver. I would love to smell this on my husband.

This blend is indeed heavy on the red musk and patchouli, but the dragon's blood sweetens the blend slightly, giving the earthy smokiness a firey edge, while the cinnamon (which fortunately doesn't overwhelm) gives that fire a slight spiciness. This is like a bright fire made in dark earth. Very strong, masculine, and adventurous...I can definately see a hero in a fantasy adventure movie wearing it! :P

This is crazy strong mix of patchouli, musk and vertiver. It's got this thick, heady, earthy sort of feeling. As it dries down, there is a sweeter note that seems to be the dragon's blood. I can't find the cinnamon, but vertiver goes overwhelming on my skin.

In the bottle: Dragon's blood, vetiver, and patchouli

First on: Vetiver is strongest, then red musk, patchouli, dragon's blood, and just a faint hint of clove. This really is the scent that makes you think of primal days and slaughter. It's very powerful.

Drydown: This turns to mostly vetiver, with musk & patchouli. There is no dragon's blood, and no clove. I like it, but won't buy a big bottle of it.

Bloodlust

Preconceived notions: Heavy, dark, resiny, spicy, hot, sinister, and arousingly hypnotic. No, I didn’t have high expectations for this one!

In the vial:

Metallic dragon’s blood or vetiver and patchouli . . . and something else.

On me:

This sweetens and warms - the dragon’s blood sings on my skin. This is dark, underground, visceral, and animalistic. This is red wine and steak, with candles lit, and large knives.

In 25 minutes:

The same. Spicy, biting, ravenous, devouring.

In 1 hour:

Still going strong.

Overall:

Excellent. My preconceived notions were right on. This is a keeper - maybe a big bottle!

I don't read a whole lot of fantasy novels, but I've had an ongoing relationship with Brian Jacques' Redwall books for ten years or so now. For those of you familiar with the series, Bloodlust immediately reminded me of the Badger Lords of Salamandastron who, in the heat of battle, are overtaken by an all-consuming bloodwrath as a red curtain descends over their eyes and they fight as if possessed.

This scent is earthy and musky and undeniably RED. It's just what I would imagine the badger lords would smell in the midst of their wrath - part them, part their surroundings, and part something magical and surreal, something no one else around them smells because those warriors aren't under the same spell. This is really an amazing blend, incredibly evocative.

It is not, however, a blend that I would associate with myself. I'll be swapping it, but I'm very glad I got to test it.

Wet: Dragon's blood, but less floral (Dragon's Blood by itself is usually a rich, rose-like scent) and with a hint of bitter.

Drying: The bitter is gone, still a dark dragon's blood, but where's my spice? That's the whole reason I wanted this one.

Dry: Ah. Finally the cinnamon! The scent is virtually the same as when wet, but with some cinnamon haunting the background. It's a much more subtle cinnamon than I was expecting.

Overall: Nice, but seems to be continuing in the tradition of dark dragon's blood not working that well for me. Too bad, I had high hopes for it as I loved wrath & Mars (both dragon's blood & cinnamon blends).

(Edited 'cause I can't spell.)

Edited by Muppetk

This scent is very similar both on and in the bottle. It has the sweetness of the dragon's blood and some deepth from the musk and vetiver and I believe I even can smell a smidge of the patcholli. Sadly I get no cinnamon at all on me and since I am not a big fan of vetiver this one just isn't quite me. It is a very nice scent though for those that like a very resinous and incensy scents.

First sniff: Blast. All I can smell in the vial is vetiver. I was hoping the other ingredients, all of which I adore, would dominate.

Wearing: Well, this is more promising… the immediate wet aura is nothing but dragon’s blood. And as it dries, the vetiver lives up to its swarthy reputation and takes over. Mrf.

that is it!!!!!! :P

dragon's blood and pathchouli and cinnamon.....deeeeeeeeeeeeeeelishousness!!!

thank you beth.... :D :D :D

how did you ever know i would love this most of all?!?!?

In the bottle: Vertiver with a background of dragons blood and patchouli.

on my skin: This starts out beautiful, but its almost floral. I smell the patchouli and the musk.. but no cinnamon. My skin is hot where I put it on and that's my usual response to cinnamon. On the dry down this goes soapy.. its soapy, powdery, and floral. I hate florals.

verdict: I wanted to love this so much.. but it went very wrong. The soapy smell is so strong I can almost taste soap in my mouth.. its sort of gross. My chemistry doesn't like something in this blend, that's for sure. I really like all of the 'blood' scents, so I'm thinking I'm going to keep this one for when it gets cold and try it again.

Bottle (Imp): Mmm, dragon's blood.

Just On: Mmmm, dragon's blood.

An hour or two later: Beautiful dragon's blood scent.

Around 6 hours: Dragon's blood, possibly with patchouli.

12 hours: Yes, dragon's blood with patchouli.

Overall: I really like this one.

After reading other reviews: I got nothing but dragon's blood out of this, which was fine with me. Then the fade down gave me some patchouli, and I was good with that too. A lovely perfume oil.

Harlot's older sexier sister, hot juicy and oh so yummy!

It starts out with dragon's blood, but not a sweet soft one, them amber perhaps and dark cloves and cinamon? I'm guessing, but it's puwerful stuff. If you love blood amber, anne bonny and harlot, this one is right up your alley :P PS, I never even catch a whiff of the vetier, which usually screams on me, so this is vetiver very light...

I LOVE IT!!

edit to add, i can still smell it this am after an 8 hour work shift and a full night's sleep ! Awesome staying power!!!

sdit agaon, the patchouli is springing forward now that I am closer to my moon time and I STILL adore it, what a marvelous scent.sexy, fierce and heady. hubby loves it too, but at work there was a wondering about "that smell" They love milk moon, I understand why they don't really adore this, it is too visceral for a work environment.

This blend is (musically) to me "Hotel California" wear it and listen, you will hear the smell :D

Edited by mmcfa2

When I first put this on the only scent is the patchouli, but as it starts to dry I smell the dragon's blood and cinnamon more in the forefront and it has sweetened up nicely. This is similar to Wrath which I also love. So glad I got to try this one, it smells soo good!

Wet on me this was musty (damp towels musty not nice dry old books musty) with a bit of dragons blood resin in the background. Dry on me it's vetiver, vetiver and more vetiver. My skin apparently loves vetiver and whilst I don't mind it I wish it wasn't at the exclusion of all else.

On me, Bloodlust starts out as a very potent dark amber with a strong, strong whiff of vetiver and patchouli. Wet, it continues to express its vetiveracious (?) nature, a slightly bitter, touch corrupted wood over a rich, red aroma. This scent isn't fooling around. After about an hour, Bloodlust has sort of reigned back and becomes in my opinion just like Fenris Wolf without quite as much dry snap of sandalwood and still with a potent heat. Whereas to me Fenris Wolf feels like it simmers, slightly angry but still possessing a streak of cool, Bloodlust to me is always warm or hot, although the two are quite familiar on drydown.

at first: all i can smell is vetiver. this does not bode well.

on: this is really strong. it's predominately vetiver, with patchouli coming in a close second. the cinnamon and dragon's blood are also there, but in the background.

1 hour later: a little bit of cinnmon and a lot of patchouli.

2.5 hours later: softer and sweeter. i think the dragon's blood is coming out more.

overall: this is ok, but not really me. i don't do well with the more "firey" scents, and this is no exception.

I get lots of vetiver from this, especially at first. It smells like dark, charred, smoking wood, dark musk that reminds me of Satyr, and a dash of sweet cinnamon. There's also something strangely foodie in here that's reminding me of coffee or chocolate. I don't like the combination at all, it winds up smelling a bit like burnt coffee and cinnamon with masculine musk. Blech. After about a half hour, it's much the same, but the watery, sickly sweetness of dragon's blood has joined the mix and not improved matters at all...

Bloodlust smells rather gross on me.

Edited by Little Bird

This is first time to dip my toe into dragon's blood, so that must be what I'm smelling . . .

In the imp: HELLO - whatever this is, it will not be ignored.

Wet, on skin: Dark, warm, sweet cherries and metal - I love the smell of metal in scents - if this is dragon's blood, I'm in love.

Near drydown: Still sweet cherries and metal, but the metal is not as strong.

Middle drydown: Sweet, spicy and ozone - this is fantastic.

2 hours later - Gone, all gone - waaah! My skin ate it. I was totally not expecting this from something that started out so strong.

I got this as an imp from the lab and so far, I haven't been able to stop smelling it. I put some on last night, and had to wear it again today, and tonight. Wet, I smell cinnamon and the vetiver is pronounced. After drying some, all elements are there- the cinnamon, patchouli, vetiver and red musk. But after it dries down some- watch out- a fresh, empowering, clean, energetic sexiness on me. I never expected to like this, because usually vetiver is a big "NO" on me. But in certain blends (usually with patchouli) it does well. I love this! I had to go and get some from the Black Broom. It's awesome. Very incredible!!! It's very long lasting but the longest lasting elements, in the end, are the red musk, and the vetiver, which leaves a lemony-grassy smell on my skin. I can't imagine an occasion where this wouldn't be right. :P

First Impression: Dragon's blood and strong musk.

Dries down to: A toned-down blend of the dragon's blood and strong musk with a hint of patchouli.

Additional comments: I don't get cinnamon at all and I think it's the vetiver that's amplifying the musk. Although I like dragon's blood and patchouli, this one's too "musky" for me.

Lasted: Several hours.

Rating: 2 out of 5