Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Morrighana

Bloodlust

A fiery Martial blend that embodies primal rage, lust for conquest, and all-encompassing desire. Dragon's blood essence, heavy red musk, Indonesian patchouli and swarthy vetiver with a drop of cinnamon.

In the bottle: Mmm...dragon's blood. There is a darkness here, too, but I can't pick out any other notes.

Wet: I still smell dragon's blood prominently, but I also get the impression of marischino cherries (even though there isn't a cherry component to this blend). Odd, but still okay.

Dry: Wow. I can't really pick out any individual notes anymore, but let me tell you, the Darkness has come out to play. Not at all foody anymore, Bloodlust has turned into a heavy, dark, spicy, resiny, hot presence on my skin. SO good. It makes me want to bite something. :P

Overall: This is SUCH a fabulous scent. I cannot get enough of it! Since the first draft of this review, I've invested in a larger bottle and I wear it whenever I need to feel strong and empowered. Amazing. Edited by Shollin

Initial Sniff: Wow! Powerful stuff indeed. This is all heat, with something almost sharp behind it. I can't pick out any individual notes in this one.

Wearing: This is almost overwhelming when wet, but quickly dries into a dark, hot, spicy, sweet... prescence is exactly the right word, to quote Morrighana. I would also agree that it makes me want to bite something! This scent does not become a part of me, instead it walks beside me (or in front of me?), and it has a lethal weapon, a temper, and an attitude.

Final Thoughts: I'll definitely buy a bigger bottle, but probably not until fall. This one is too hot for summer.

In the bottle: Musky, with a little bit of dragonsblood.

On, Wet: About the same. The dragonsblood is slightly more prevalent.

I would love this on a man, and I think that my current is going to be umm... encouraged to try it. A little spicy, a little dragonsbloody. Very nice.

Drying : Slightly confusing scent - it's pleasant, but doesn't seem to know where it wants to go. I'll try it on the boy and see if it responds to his chemistry any better.

Dry: The slightest hint of bitter, with almost a metallic bite. It's very unisex on me - I don't know if I'm keeping it or not - I like it, but I don't know what mood it would suit.

First Impression: I can't get enough of the dragon's blood. I'm addicted and hypnotized by it.

Second Impression: Dark and sinister with a golden core. Vin Diesel as Riddick (stop laughing).

Final Analysis: This speaks action movie hero to me. All swaggering and sweaty, shooting up the place; torn, blood stained t-shirt. And afterward, the musky sex with the damsel in distress as she tends to his wounds. Worth repeating: dragon's blood is addictive and hypnotic.

In the bottle: Floral (wha?), with a hint of darkness. No sign of cinnamon.

On my skin: Patchouli. Nothing but patchouli.

It took 4 washings to get it off because straight patchouli makes me sick to my stomach. By the time I got it off, I had a small discoloration from the cinnamon, but no itching or burning.

My skin likes the patchouli so much that it absorbed everything else -- this is definitely not a good scent for me.

I took the imp to work and let some patchouli devotees smell it, and one of them ended up taking it off my hands. I guess some good came from my misfortune, as she's now thinking about making a BPAL order.

Yes this does make me want to sink my teeth in, I'm near salivating. I definatly smell the dragons Blood in this, sweet and musky, and theres that patchouli swimming through the air. A touch of spice, is this cinnamon, vetiver? MMM lovely, sweet and dark, really does live up to its name.

In the vial: RED VETIVERT! Not good news. But...

on my skin: This is very strange indeed...it's cinnamon and vetivert, which *SHOULDN'T* logically turn me on...but it does. OH, HOW IT DOES! It's like my brain says one thing and my hormones are going, "ALL SYSTEMS GO!! ATTACK! ATAAAAAAAAACCKK!!!". I feel an insatiable urge to start attacking random strangers like some kind of feral creature and sexin' 'em up MEDIEVAL STYLE!! RAAAWWRR, BITCH! (ahem.) I should really go wash this off before I start calling people up and doing regrettable things. :P

Wow. I was not expecting to be into this, due to the patchouli, but this is wonderful! It's red and bracing and deep and intense. I feel very womanly in this one.

I can visualize this one more than almost any other - as red chiffon draped over dark maroon slippery satin. The cinnamon is the red chiffon, which floats and dances up over the more earthy, heavy, darker, clingy satin (the myrrh and musk and dragon's blood).

This is really really good!

ETA: I wear this on the day I want my period to start. Works like a charm! Within a few hours I'm bleeding like a stuck pig... in a good way, of course. The powers of persuasion of one's self are amazing... but then again so are the powers of the birth control pill and I tend to know ahead of time when I'm going to start anyway. But it's a nice way to recognize my femininity.

Edited by ladylatemar

Oh God, and I thought I loved Blood (and I do!). This is wild. We're not going to get into what it means that Bloodlust literally makes my mouth water. I could get into a lot of trouble wearing this...

I must have some funky body chemistry because when I put this on, everything disappears but the red musk. I searched for the patchouli and cinnamon and vertivert and only caught a whisper as my skin sucked it away.

As a room scent, it is fabulous!! Very sexy and warm.

ETA: I obviously was having an off day, because this is at the top of my list now. I only have a drop left in my imp and I am starting to panic. Absolutely warm and spicy and yummy.

Edited by ewalk

this scent is so heavy. the dragon's blood pops out first, of course, followed closely by the musk. i was wearing this for the first time in a while today and while i couldn't remember what all the notes were in the description, i picked up what i thought to be an animalistic tone. (my nose is slowly becoming more trained. :P ) in retrospect i assume that's the vetiver. unless i have vetiver confused with something else.

okay, this isn't an everyday scent. it's sexy in a primal rather than flirtatious way. i wore it to a concert a couple weeks ago when i was feeling sick to my stomach and it did Not help that situation in any way. but i felt compelled to wear it to work today, to stave off the cold damp weather we're having, and it's beautiful and cloying and makes me feel closed off in a personal sensual world. if that makes sense.

the cinnamon doesn't overpower anything and blends in with the other spices. this is a blend to use sparingly, but it's incredibly powerful and full of dark energy.

Vertiver and patchouli to start, this is the only Dragon's Blood blend that hasn't gone somewhat fruity on me thus far. Musky, heady, dangerous and sinister. The cinnamon creeps in with some spice after a while, making this a little more exotic. This is coming off really masculine on me so I'm going to add it to swaps despite the intoxication.

Huh. I cannot smell any cinnamon in this, but man oh man, do I smell dragon's blood and patchouli. Mmm...

I'm not quite sure what it says about me that I find this scent very comforting. On me this smells VERY similar to Dragon's Heart, but heavier and with a stronger throw. Mmm mmm mmm. And yes, like others, I so want to bite something. This blend makes me feel confident (I guess that's why I consider it calming) and possibly somewhat brash. :D

:P

Bloodlust

Swiped across wrists and along collarbone.

Initial Wet (8-8:30am): This is absolutely gorgeous. I adore dragon’s blood, and have yet to find a scent with it as a note, that I didn’t enjoy. This dragon’s blood is surrounded by a deep darkness that is evocative of the darkness of late autumn and winter … where we go to work in the dark and come back home in the dark. Very enchanting.

Initial Dry (8:30-10am): This sweetens a bit, but the murky darkness is still there. I can’t detect any other specific notes behind the dragon’s blood – they are blended so perfectly – but I know they are there, and the depth they add to this scent is gorgeous.

Throughout the Day (10am-on): This remains its sweet self, only it lightens a bit – so instead of darkness I get a nice foggy overcast feeling (which I love, by the way). ‘Tis interesting though, instead of rage and conquest – I actually have thoughts of calling a truce.

Utterly gorgeous (as I knew it would be) and long-lasting. Definitely keeping the imp … and who knows, it may end up on my Big Bottle List. :P

Bloodlust took a few tries to grow on me.

There is a mouth-watering fullness to this blend, and it rises off the skin like pulse-pounding heat. I would want to bite a man wearing this one.

The cinnamon makes this a cousin to Faustus, but without the icy intellectual hauteur. Bloodlust is a fragrance for being present in your body, and screw your beautiful mind.

:P

In the vial: Dragon's blood and musk. I :P dragon's blood!

Wet, on my skin: Dragon's blood and cinnamon, mostly. Something about it reminds me of Tintagel. Must be the cinnamon. I can smell the patchouli and musk in the background.

On drydown: The Dragon's Blood has faded away and I am now getting mostly patchouli and musk with some cinnamon. I like it, but probably not enough to buy a big bottle.

This is one of the dragon's blood scents that I can wear.

As I've mentioned in other posts, dragon's blood can turn to a really

heady floral on me - way too headache-inducing as I'm not into strong

florals at all.

But here, the vetiver, pathchouli and musk unite to tame the dragon's blood.

I don't get any cinnnamon at all from this - i kind of wish I did.

As others have said, it is a very "dark presence" on my skin as well. (which i like, of course). It has a very predatory feel to me - sexy, in a totally non-cutesy and/or fliratious way at all - more in a "I'm going out there to take what's mine" kind of way.

It's not an every day one for me, but I still liked it enough to get a 5 ml.

I wanted to try this because I'm going through all the dragon's blood scents...I quite liked the combination of dragon's blood and cinnamon, it was lovely and fierce-smelling, but then the vetiver came out and ruined this for me, sigh.

So I passed it on to ewalk, who really needed some. :P Now I want to try Wrath, since that has dragon's blood and cinnamon but no vetiver.

Cinnamon, velviter, and dragon's blood...*shiver* I'm in love with it already!

In The Bottle: Very cinnamon smelling. Whenever there is cinnamon in something, I always tend to smell it above anything else.

On Me: The dragon's blood is really shining through, with a hint of cinnamon in the background. Its sassy and sweet, tart and tangy, lickable even.

I keep worrying that its going to turn foul on me, it has that beginning smell at first, the smell that always seems to change to soiled diapers, but it hasn't at all. Instead its mellowed out to a cinnamon scent that is just a tiny bit dusty in the background. In fact, its fading pretty fast, leaving only the scent of cinnamon. I LOVE cinnamon.

I like it enough to use the imp. Time will tell if I get a bigger bottle or not.

Bloodlust was red in the bottle and, while wet, red on the skin. Interesting.

Okay, I don't know about you folks, but I got something very WOODSY when Bloodlust was on my skin. I can only assume that this impression came from the Indonesian patchouli, because it didn't make me think of cinnamon.

It takes only a short while for the woodsy smell to kind of calm down, though the overall scent is still quite nutty, reminding me of walnuts. Even this, eventually, does wear away, leaving me a scent that is sort of warm, but again, doesn't make me think of cinnamon. There is still a trace of nuttiness in the end.

Bloodlust didn't really work for me. It was a rather unexpected scent experience considering its name. However, as always, I'm always willing to give a Lab creation a go, since I am so often pleased and surprised. This one, though, just left me surprised.

-doreen

another gorgeous dragon's blood blend.

i SO want to smell this on my boy, but he's rather unfond of patchouli. on my skin, it was all dragon's blood (no surprises there), but it smelled wonderfully dark and, yes, bloody, in the vial. i'd say this one topped BPAL's blood with the real blood factor. this could be very sensual on the right person. unfortunately for me, i'm not the right person.

In The Imp: A musky, almost GREEN scent. There's something cool mixed in with the warmth of patchouli and musk.

Wet On Skin: Like incense in the forest on a cold morning...maybe from some ancient Japanese temple.

Dried: Very patchouli, but there's that coolness that I can feel in the back of my throat. It's a scent that surrounds you though, whether you like it or not. Very commanding.

Overall Opinion: I'm very ambivalent about this scent. I can't decide if I love it or I hate it...

Randomness: This stuff sticks around. It's nearly impossible to wash it off, and I tried different kinds of soap PLUS rubbing alcohol. Gave me a headache from all the patchouli.

First sniff from the bottle- Spiced patchouli.

After 10 minutes- I really like this one. I am not a fan of patchouli but the mix of it with the dragons blood and spices is really nice. This would be really sexy on a guy.

After 30 minutes- On dry down this sort of smells like the incense shop at RenFaire.

Summery- I like anything with dragons blood in it. This one is a keeper!

Edited by requieminblack

in the vial wet and dry this is all the same for me, all vetiver, i seem to magnify vetiver i like vetiver but i wish it would share the space w/ some of the other notes.

Bloodlust:

Both wet and on my skin: YECH. Very, very masculine smell on me.. the musk/patchouli mix and vetiver *really* stand out, making me stinky. :P This one's going in the swap pile!