Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
TroubleDoll

L'artisan Parfumeur translated to BPAL?

Has anyone smelled a BPAL that is similar to L'artisan Parfumeur's La Chasse Aux Papillons? How about Mure et Musc?

Thanks!

The first one has linden, lemon, and orange blossons with jasmine and tuberose. Somehow it all combines to be very beachy. The second has wild blackberry, musk, and citrus, but it is not fruity at all. I thought Bewitched would be similar but alas no.

I tried L'Artisan Parfumeur's Tea For Two once and fell in love with it. Is there any BPAL remotely like it?

It's a gorgeous tea based fragrance...dark, smoky tea with a hint of burning leaves and vanilla.

I have an imp of Dorian on the way which I'm excited about, but I'd also love to hear about any other tea-inspired BPAL. (I'm still getting used to the way this forum is organized, so please feel free to point me in the direction of any already existing threads on this topic.) Thanks in advance!

Edited by ClareN

I tried L'Artisan Parfumeur's Tea For Two once and fell in love with it. Is there any BPAL remotely like it?

It's a gorgeous tea based fragrance...dark, smoky tea with a hint of burning leaves and vanilla.

I have an imp of Dorian on the way which I'm excited about, but I'd also love to hear about any other tea-inspired BPAL. (I'm still getting used to the way this forum is organized, so please feel free to point me in the direction of any already existing threads on this topic.) Thanks in advance!

Dorian is the first one that popped into mind.

Severin doesn't have vanilla in it, but it might be good to try and see if you can find an imp. It's very tea (Earl grey to be precise) and a hint of leather, which gives it a dark quality.

Of course, you can always try layering different scent to get an approximate. :P

I'm familiar with L'Artisan Tea for Two...it is a very smoky tea scent. I am sorry to say I haven't found anything in the general BPAL catalog that is similar. Dorian has a tea note but is not similar to Tea for Two; it's much lighter. You could try layering a vanilla scent (such as Antique Lace) with a smoky leaves scent (such as Djinn). Or you could try something leathery/vanilla, like Perversion, for a similar "feel."

The best "dark vanilla" or Oriental scent in the BPAL catalog, IMO, is the much-touted Snake Oil. It does live up to the hype.

Sign in to follow this