Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
ScrimHazard

Breezy/Outdoorsy Scents

My favorite BPAL scent is Old Glasgow. I cannot even begin to describe my love for the transformation that takes place in me whenever I dab it on my wrists and breathe in. I feel as though I am instantly transported to a field, where I can roam free - as free as my presently captive spirit desires.

I would really like to find another scent that gives me this same feeling of transcendance and happiness. A scent that is both comforting and liberating and is...decidedly outdoorsy.

In my most recent order I got a 5ml bottle of Vinland and am hoping to find the same thing when I apply it. If you all have any other suggestions, I would much appreciate them.

Thank you!!!

How about Rosalind? I find it evocative of a rolling field in the middle of nowhere, a field rich with wild flowers and sweet, juicy berries. Perhaps even Dublin? Dublin is a lovely forest scent that somehow manages to avoid being heavy. It's actually a bit airy, a bit wispy. Must be the "mist." Oh, and you might like Phantom Queen. It reminds me of a meadow.

Good luck! Vinland sounds like a great choice for you. Let us know how it works out. :P

Edited by riddel

I found Tenochtitlan to be that way, but instead of a field of rolling grasses, it put me in a southwestern desert in the early spring.

Dude,

If you haven't tried Yggdrasil, it's a must. It's fresh and outdoorsy, but morphs into WOMANLY, fresh, and outdoorsy on me. It starts fairly clean and herbal, but the transformation to slightly sexy and wood-nymphy is fantastic.

I also recommend:

Empyreal Mist- like floating into the clouds on Snuggle the Bear's back

Undertow- watery, ozoney, lightning in the distance, lotuses braving a storm

Bewitched/Rosalind- berries and grass after soft rain

I agree with Rosalind and Phantom Queen -- both make me think of open fields, but Rosalind is a sunny cheerful daytime meadow and Phantom Queen is a mysterious nighttime one. Also, you might like the Apothecary, which I find outdoorsy but calming, more like a quiet forest clearing.

I really like Ulalume...Clean, aquatic, slightly sweet with hints of wood and flowers in the back. I felt like it captured exactly a calm pool surrounded by nature, on a partly cloudy day. Lovely.

Thank you all so much for the suggestions!!! And to think I just got a bunch of imps and didn't get Dublin. :D

I will definately be placing another order of the following:

Dublin

Oisin

Leanan Sidhe

Rosalind

Phantom Queen

Empyral Mist

...am also tempted to get Tenochtitlan, though it has a different sort of feeling, it sounds like something that I would just adore! Maybe I'll order a 5ml of Dublin and get Tenochtitlan as my 6th imp...hmmmmm :P

Once again...THANK YOU!!! :D

Sign in to follow this