Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Gothabillywench

Desire

The overwhelming agony of passion crystallized into a singularly dark and magnetic blend: bittersweet neroli, black patchouli and black musk, gilded by apple, bergamot, blood red rose, teak, and vanilla.

I figured I would like this one. Strangely, it ends up smelling overly-sweet on me. The rose isn't overpowering, but I'm guessing that the rose mixed with the apple is going floral/sweet. Ends up smelling like a nice grandma perfumey soap. I can't really pick out any of the other notes.

Edited by Carrie

Imp: dark neroli. dark like dark chocolate but with out the chocolate
Wet on me: getting touches of the black patchouli and musk now. and now I get like that dark chocolate vibe
Drying Down: still dark and seductive with the teak notes and vanilla showing up
Dry: ssshhh don't tell Rose so she won't come and hate on my skin. this scent actually works on me!

Desire should be terrible on me. I avoid black musk and black patchouli, and vanilla can be a problem. But bergamot and I are in love, and neroli is usually on my side as well, and they keep all the other notes in line, including that big red rose that threatens to crowd everything else out. On drydown, the citruses and rose are dominant, I'm not getting black musk or patch at all (thank goodness), and everything else is playing gorgeously around the edges. I thought for sure this would be straight to swaps, and instead it's bottle-worthy!

In the imp: Sweeter than I was expecting! I can smell the vanilla, apple, rose, and musk, along with a bit of teak, and the notes I was worried about (neroli and black patchouli) aren't really jumping out at me at the moment.

Wet: It's similar to the way it was in the imp at first, but after a minute, the rose becomes a lot stronger on my skin, and it's a lovely, soft, red rose sweetened by the vanilla. Then, it starts to get darker and somewhat bitter.

Dry: It reverts from the darkside and returns to being primarily a musk-y rose and vanilla scent with a bit of soft apple and a breath of black patchouli in the background!

Verdict: Oddly enough, the neroli wasn't problematic for me, and the black patchouli didn't overtake the sweet floral. I like this, but don't think I need a bottle.

Disclaimer: I boost the HELL out of vanilla, and the lab's vanilla scents tend to work really well on me.

That being said, I really liked this scent. On me, it turned into a dark, sweet vanilla, with an undertone of apple. The other notes created a complex and slightly woody base. Overall, it worked really well with my skin chemistry.

Bought this a while ago and just tried it out today. it was so fruity in the bottle I was afraid of it. Trying it out now, I get a sweet fruity rose... i don't really smell the patchouli at all, and i am a MASSIVE patchouli lover. the rose and apple seem to amp the most for me.

Wet and in the imp this is a sweet syrupy apple. Very bright with the apple and the bergamot. It stays pretty bright on me for awhile, a nice crisp apple rose scent. As it dries further it gets a little darker and more velvety. This is a love!

In the imp: very bright and fruity apple and bergamot. Once it's on, it goes through a brief sour phase before drying down to something surprisingly light and powdery, with a little bit of the apple still hanging out in the background. The baby powder aspect is probably the rose, which does that on me. I can't pick out the patchouli, musk, and teak specifically, but there are definitely some deeper notes keeping this from going full grandma on me. I can see this working for someone who wants a fruity scent with some heavier notes grounding it. I don't think I need a full bottle of this, but I'll hang onto the frimp.

In the imp: chocolate and peanut butter?

Wet: peanuts - lots and lots of peanuts. 

Dry: it stays peanutty for quite a long time, then fades to a generic musky thing.

What an odd experience, maybe it's just my chemistry?

Oh no, huge disappointment here! The notes looked so good. Rose and teak were the only caveats, so of course that's what I'm getting a ton of. Behind them, apple and something powdery, sweet like drugstore chocolate, chalky and a little fake. The neroli is not behaving nicely with that; it turns the citrusy floral a little sour and I'm not jiving with it.

Why is this failing so badly on me? For the record, I adore black musk, neroli, and vanilla, and I enjoy patchouli, bergamot, and some apple. I thought this would be a slam dunk, and it is just clearly not my cup of tea. I'm not even sure who to recommend this to, it just is an odd little bundle of scents. Black musk fans - look elsewhere, these are not the droids you're looking for!

I hated this wet. It smelled oddly of syrupy almonds and neroli. It dries to a musky patchouli teak with a hint of vanilla. Apple and rose are AWOL.

This just dies on my skin, I can barely smell it after 10 minutes.