Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Gothabillywench

Desire

The overwhelming agony of passion crystallized into a singularly dark and magnetic blend: bittersweet neroli, black patchouli and black musk, gilded by apple, bergamot, blood red rose, teak, and vanilla.

This is one of the first floral blends that made me realize that I'm not -just- a resins and woods kind of girl. It is such a delicious, smooth floral. Grown up and sexy yet relaxed and poised. The vanilla really starts coming out after a bit and the musk and patchouli keeps everything reigned in.

Desire....

In the Vial: Fruitiness in the vial. ^^

Wet: Vanilla, and fruitiness...

Dry: Vanilla, fruitiness, and a tiny bit of citrus.

Conclusion: I like it and I'll use up the imp but I don't think I'll buy a big bottle... I might buy a second imp, once this runs out.

wow i didn't get any lemon at all

it is a sweet, vanilla rose scent on me w/ a very light trace of patchouli and applesi am definitely getting a big bottle

This is a little shape shifter, I think. At first, it smells like vanilla and a spice, and then some floral kicks into it. Maybe I'm nuts, but there's something vaguely fruity in there, too. This is a sophisticated blend. On me, it turns slightly powdery and dry floral. This is a sexy college professor scent. I'm totally wowed by it when I sniff the imp, but it really tones down on me and fades so quickly. If I could find a way to get it to stick, I'd be in heaven.

This, ladys and gentelmen, is my very first review. :P

First sniff: something sweet but no candy-like, no fluffy at all. More like almonds. No lemon-hint.

Wet on skin: apple and vanilla with neroli, just a bit of sweet and not at al overhelming (I hate sweet scents, and I was afrait this would be one of them). The neroli may give a litte citrussy scent for some noses, but I pick it up just like it is, flowery and clean, with it's touch of bitter withdrawing the vanilla and the apple. A little bit of patchouli and musk (more patchouli than musk) deeping the perfume.

As it dryes down the rose and the teak show up a bit. The bergamot goes noticed and the apple is stronger (I feared that it would eat up all the other notes, but it didn't).

At last patchouli is really there with the teak (a soft woody note). A subtle touch of apple and vanilla is left, always followed by the lovely neroli that avoids it from becoming a fruty scent. A bit of rose survives here, just a touch that warms it a bit (I can't imagine Desire without roses, LOL).

Last thoughts: it melts very well with the skin, a warm and smooth perfume more sensual than sexy. I get the patchouli very well but followed with the other notes, incensy in a non smooky way (if it makes any sense).

Nice for going out in a relaxed way, it needs to go closer to be fully noticed but has a great lasting power on my skin.

Not much to add on the scent, i liked it but... I felt a weird saddness all day wearing this. To be sure it was not induced by monthly hormonal overdoses, i used it in another time of the month and it happend again.

I didn't like the feeling so, will probably not wear it again, i can do with a mood enhancer now :P

*runs off to dabb Aunti carolines joy Mojo*

This came across to me like a very musky vanilla. Must be a combination of the patchouli and vanilla, two of my favorite scents. Im surprised that it has rose, as I don’t like rose in anything, but I think the other notes overpower the rose. It comes across more warm and smoky vanilla. Musky vanilla. I think I will keep this one.

Ohhh how did I miss this one? I LOVE desire!! It starts off sweet, almost cloying citrus and vanilla. But very quickly the patchouli takes over and grounds the scent so it becomes darker and yet still feminine and warm. I never really smell the rose in it, although I do love rose. This is a scent that melts into my skin and reminds me of one of the lush massage bars although I cannot remember which one it is.

Overall this is spicier than snake oil and never goes playdoh which snake oil DOES on me. It is really sexy and warm and close without getting overwhelming or cloying except in the first sniffing wet stages. I have a big bottle on order :P

Directly from the imp, this is sweet and inviting. I can catch some of the neroli mixed with the apple and vanilla.

Wet on my skin, this is very strong. It’s reminding me of artificial coconut. As the Lab says, it’s pretty dark. Despite its floral and fruity elements, this isn’t a pick-me-up blend to me. It’s deep and commanding. The vanilla is more a straight from the bean variety. The neroli prevents it from becoming powdery or overly girlie.

I do like this, but could never wear it. It’s for a much louder presence than I, and too heavy for my tastes. Still, it’s unique and I’m sure would incite a bunch of compliments on others.

In Bottle: Fruity but very musky.

On skin: I love it!!!! Usually I HATE rose scents, but this one is very delicate and the fruit and musks give it much more depth. The vanilla sweetens the scent as a whole but is not overpowering. This scent is very pretty and feminine, but the musk and vanilla also make it sexy.

I would wear this anytime I wanted to feel elegant and womanly.

ADDED May 10:

In Bottle: Vanilla and musk.

On Skin: Yum! Some of my favorite notes! The vanilla and musk are strongest at first. This is a very soft scent… I thought the apple, bergamot and rose would make the scent tart… but they are so light that they don’t interrupt the sweetness of the teak and vanilla. The musk gives a little edge and depth. I don’t even smell the neroli or patchouli yet… I really like this but it’s fading super quick.

Edited by Shollin

Desire:

Wet: Mm, fruity.

Drydown: Fruity vanilla patchouli? Very light scent, though. Kinda musky.

Longterm wear: Musky.. something. Nose clogged up from Chiroptera so I'll have to try this one again.

Desire

In the bottle: Spicy and warm, but smells a bit weird.

On me: Immediately this turns to bug spray, which is the exact same thing that happened with me and Vice. Because of this, picking out individual notes is kind of hard. I can smell a floral, powdery undertone, but the bug spray is kind of drowning out the rest of the scent. :P

Too bad. I wanted to like this one.

Firey, red, sweet, and passionate...this is what I had hoped that Flame of Desire would be :P I can smell the apple and rose in here, but the vanilla and patchouli keep it from going all perfumey on me like Eve did.

There's also a "snuggly" soft note in this that reminds me of Antique Lace :D

I can't really discern any individual notes in the bottle.

Wet I primarily smell the patchouli and musk, which is a good thing. As it dries, the rose comes out, along with a bit of the neroli.

Fifteen minutes in....neroli and rose my favorite (discontinued) Yankee Candle, with a smoky, sultry backdrop. I am loving this more and more every minute. The strength is just right; not too light, not too strong. This is going to become one of my favorites. Definitely worth a big bottle.

On the wickedgoddess scale of 1 to 5 (with 5 being the best) 5 .

Edited by wickedgoddess

Wow, I waited way too long to try Desire! This one really is a OMGWTFBPAL scent for me. I was worried about the black patchouli and apple in this but the notes in this are so well blended, I can't pick any of them out separately. I do get the snuggly soft note from Antique Lace that joseybird mentions, the luscious vanilla, but it's a backdrop and not the main effect of the blend. It's smoky, a little sweet, and incredibly complex. It really reminds me a lot of the late drydown of Samhain, that dried, crushed leaves smell with something sweet like cider. I got this imp from a friend and have another one on the way in an order, bottle order coming next.

:P :D :D

Neroli! Desire is at first, neroli over dark musky patchouli, but it doesn’t strike me as being dark. The vanilla, bergamot, and apple rush in to keep it light. Desire has the same sort of warm feel I get from Haunted. As it dries, the neroli and apple fade, leaving me with a very nice musky vanilla.

Desire

in the bottle: a warm sweetish smell, almost a cooking/food scent. I can't ID anything specific except perhaps vanilla

wet: warm yumminess. Okay, so that's not helpful. Reading the description... well dangit. None of those are at the front of the pack screaming 'mememememe!' but rather combining to be an almost lusty group of .... dangit. I'm just not getting any specifics in this. But they combine SO nicely!

drying/5 minutes: still sweet, and warm (not bright nor dark), there's a definite sensuality in the combination of notes. And not a one is standing at the front for me yet. Still happy harmony/orgy of smells.

dry/ minutes: There's such a *balance* in this.. it's much the same if a bit lighter and no note is taking off over the rest. SO nice.

This smells like Guerlain's Mitsouko on me in the drydown. No problem there, I love Mitsouko. This is a gorgeous, decadent, lush scent. I could roll around in it.

Beautiful.

Wet on my skin, a definite lemony note stands out. It dries down to heady rose-and-teak vanilla, but the patchouli, musk and darkness never seem to come out on my skin -- sad, these are my favorite scents! It smells more like puppy love than desire on me.

/ili

Edited by iliadawry

Wow! This is the ONLY patchouli note that I have ever enjoyed. It mingles with the dark musk to create a smoky and spicy blend that is extremely sexy. There is no floral or fruit present on my skin.

Desire is enticing and draws you into its web with its unusual combination of notes.

There is some thing sharp (the lemon?) in the wet stage that really threw me off, but as it dries down it really changes and becomes interesting. The fruit starts coming out, then becomes rounded by the vanilla. Later it gets shadowed by a bit of musk and then turns into a smell I associate with incense. Then it goes back and forth between a wood smell and a lovely sweet smell, both of which are overlaid by a smell that I can only describe as "burnt".

I thought I might not like this scent but it's really is calling to that animal hindbrain and bringing a sense of euphoria (I think it's the burnt sweet smell) and dizzyness. The only reason I might not keep this is because I don't want to mentally associate myself with a smoky smell, but other than that, this is a definate keeper!!

ADDED June 15:

This is a beautiful and rich sweet sugar scent, but sugar carmelized and deepened. On me, this was the slightest bit smoky, and I didn't realize until reading the other reviews that there might've been some roses in this. As my skin does funky things with rose scents, that might explain how I got the carmelized sugar smell, which is lovely and a bit campfirey. :P

I got this as a frimp, and happily, it's one I've been curious about for a long time.

As soon as it hits the skin, I get the sweet citrusty scent of bergamot, backed by a few other friends in the citrus family. As it dries, the bergamot diminishes, and I get kind of a faint musky floral. That eventually gives way to the teak and vanilla, which on me form a faintly-sweet, musky wood scent. It reminds me a little of the wood notes found in Cathedral and Damnation, but not quite. This stage lasted a VERY long time and drew me back to keep smelling it again and again.

Overall, I'm not sure I associate this blend with desire, exactly, but it is one of the most complex and delightfully changing (in a good way) scents I've come across.

i am a newbie, and i am not good at picking out scents. for instance, i've heard of neroli, but have no idea what it is/smells like, BUT i will say, whatever desire smells like on me, i LOVE it, and it is going to be my first big bottle purchase :P

i am getting the warm musky vanilla smell that some people have mentioned, but with something deeper, and i dont know what it is. maybe patchouli? except usually i hate patchouli. but whatever it is, it gives it a nice duskiness, that makes it not very vanilla-y at all, but deeper and spicier.

desire is the first bpal scent that has really wowed me.

Bottle (Imp): Sweet lemons.

Just On: Oooh, lemonade, but without too much sugar in it.

An hour or two later: Lemony soap.

Around 6 hours: Yeah, lemony soap, and it's pretty pleasant.

12 hours: Ahhh, the soap has mellowed out, leaving a sweet scent that is very pretty.

Overall: Starts good and ends good. This is a really nice scent.

After reading other reviews: Ahhh, a rose that I can wear. I get the whole lemon thing too. I wish I could have gotten the sweetness, and apple.

ETA: On trying a different imp, this is sweet and gorgeous. Perhaps it needs to be aged? It mellows down to a powdery rose now, sweet and nice.

Edited by OriginalWacky

Desire: This one is very nice! :D I dont know why I waited soo long to get this one. When first applied it smells like it could be a second cousin of Snake Oil, then it drys and stays very sweet patchouli with a hint of vanilla. After 30 min I smell dried rose creeping through mingling with a little bergamot. Very exotic and Sensual and a definite keeper! :D :P

Edited by Reinaluna