Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A belching column of sick greenish flame... spouting volcanically from depths profound and inconceivable, casting no shadows as healthy flame should, and coating the nitrous stone with a nasty, venomous verdigris. For in all that seething combustion no warmth lay, but only the clamminess of death and corruption.

A crystalline, cold green fire: six mints with white pepper and cucumber.

wow this is cold, minty and reminds me greatly of frost moon, there are some definite similarities here. so there you have it, cold, minty, reminecent of frost moon.

YUM. This is fantastic. Cool, very cool. Not at all overpowering, but it does make my nose tingle when I sniff it closely. :P At first it had a sweet peppermint-y vibe, but that has toned down and now it's Friday-I'm in love.

First thing I noticed about this oil was that the label was spelled different than I remembered it being on the website. :D I looked at it and thought.. "hmm. I thought this had an 's' in it...!"

Bottle Label: Tulzcha

Anyways.. There's definitely a whole lotta mint in this! I think Peppermint and Spearmint are the ones I notice the most.. As it dries down, it becomes a bit sharper and the pepper is noticable, now.

After the mint starts to fade out a bit, it is a rather different scent. Much lighter and airier, I'd say. Unfortunately, I'm not all that familiar with the Cucumber note.

It does remind me a bit of frost moon, in the bottle when the mint is strongest, but dried down, they don't seem quite as similar. For one thing, this doesn't have the aquatic-ness for Frost Moon that gave me a headache and broke my heart. :P

Edited by harlequin

In the bottle, Tulzcha is all mint -- how much mint? ALL MINT. So much mint that I think "hey, dude, why'd you buy this? you know mint hates your skin." Um, yeah.

On my skin, the mints hang around and play for about ten minutes, then disappear entirely. I'm left with the sweetest, spiciest freshly-cut green cucumber scent that I've ever smelled in my life. So green and fresh, aquatic without being watery and spicy without being overwhelming. It's subtle and springy, and now I know why I bought 2 bottles of it. :P

Mint! Glorious profusion of mints! I love it. It's peppermint and wintergreen and dry mint and sweet mint and yet more mint. As it dries down, there are wafts of cucumber and the tingle of pepper. It's beautifully balanced and cool. I want to slather this on during hot summer evenings.

Unlike MiGo, Tulszcha and I have a good relationship. :P

The mints are strong, the underlying cucumber and pepper are still there, their voices heard through the strength of the mints.

I love this. It reminds me of a minty version of a Victoria Secret's lotion I used to love. That cucumber note smells like every face scrub I've ever loved.

I love this. It's more of a girly mint blend than Pain which my husband has claimed as his own :D

Mint. Cucumber. Pepper. I just knew I was going to love this, and I do. It's screams mint at me from the beginning (which is a good thing in my book) and later on, it fades into a beautiful green scent. Thinking of not going to college next year and spending my tuition fee on about, well, a hundred bottles or so. :P

Disappointment? Thy name is Tulzcha. Out of all the scents of the Springtime in Arkham collection, it was inevitable that at least one wouldn't live up to my expectations. My review of Tulzcha is pretty simple: go scroll back up and read Pekeana's. What she described is exactly what happened to me too. What started out as a wonderful, crisp and delightful combination of mints quickly turned into cucumber, a little pepper and no mint at all.

She loved that. I'm less thrilled.

Of course, there's nothing wrong with the cucumber. It's a very clean scent, certainly. I just really love mint, and my skin doesn't like to hold on to it.

Before it loses all the mint though, this is a sublimely cool, delightful fragrance, so into the scent locket it goes.

When the Springtime in Arkham scents were first posted on the website, this one immediately appealed to me. I really like mint and the cucumber sounded very refreshing. Wet in the bottle this smells very crisp and minty, like iced peppermint tea. It goes on soft and minty. After a few minutes it sweetens and the cucumber starts to develop. This is a very cooling, refreshing blend and is perfect to wear in warm weather. I'm sure I'll be wearing this a lot in the coming months. If this was a color it would be a very pale, almost white green- like the inside of a cucumber. I'm so glad I ordered this one. Thank you for creating this Beth! :P

I was a bit scared about getting this based on the previous reviews that said it was all mint.

Well, it is, at first. But, it's a fresh real mint scent...there's nothing gummy about this mint. It actually reminds me more of Spooky than Frost Moon. Spooky was all mint when I had it.

About 30 mins in, the cucumber starts to make an appearance and the mint decides to step back into the essemble and not steal the show. At first, I thought it was all mint, but as it progressed, I realized that the pepper was always there. It creates a really nice dark bite to the mint. The cucumber is soft, understated and wet.

This one is heavenly! I wish I had gotten the madness pack since every SiA I have tried has been so lovely and perfect.

When SiA was introduced, this was my first purchase. I was 99.9% sure that I would love it. And i was not disappointed.

This is mint in all her unadulterated glory.

Peppermint, spearmint, maybe some apple mint - possibly just a smidge of pennyroyal to darken the edges. (*this is only conjecture on my part as I wouldn't want to scare anybody off due to pennyroyal's dark side and bad-for-pregnancy issues. Please consult the lab if you need to know for certain whether this blend contains it or not). This is mint that's not afraid to put itself front and center.

Mint is very prominent for the first 10-15 mintues. So if you and mint don't get along, I'd suggest you don't buy a ticket to this play. She makes her grand entrance and bows quickly to exit stage left. But, before she does she introduces a most unlikely couple: pepper and cucumber.

I wouldn't call this a true cucumber though. It's just a watery, fruity hint of a cucumber's essence. For those of you familiar with Blue Moon, it is somewhat reminescent to that. I'm not surprised since it has that "traditional lunar oils" feel to it - but more complex somehow.

All in all, this is just as described - cool, fiery, and strong on minty goodness.

Mint, how I love thee. Mint, my skin hates thee.

In the bottle this smells fantastic. All notes are present. It's a lovely "cool" scent, with enough pepper to make it wrestle around a bit. However, once it touches my skin, it does bad things. Just...ew. Have you ever left your refrigerator settings a bit too high? And you end up with soggy or frozen veggies that are water-logged? Yup, that's what Tulzcha smells like on my skin: water-logged cucumber. No more mint. Once the drydown is complete I smell like a not-quite-cured pickle. :P Cleary, mint and my skin chemistry like to mess with me. Off to someone who can work with these notes. A great blend, just one that cannot work on me.

I ordered Tulzscha for the mints and pepper, hoping they would overpower the cucumber as watery, aquatic scents don't usually work on me. This almost works. The mints were not as strong as I had expected and hoped (from the description and previous reviews). I smell more cucumber than mint from the bottle and at first on my skin. But gradually the cucumber settles down and the mints amp up a bit, I really like this stage. Then they kind of balance out and Tulzscha smells like many "Eau de" perfumes I have tried in the past. Really not bad at all but still, not quite what I was hoping for.

I had a bottle of this on order and then when I read the review that it smelled like Frost Moon, I purchased another. I just wore this today and while I admit it smells like Frost Moon when first applied, it smells nothhing like Frost Moon in the dry down. The dry down is is a cucumber pepper scent with only a very slight hint of mint. I wish the mint stayed longer on me, but I have this problem with all mint blends. While I like this and find that it will be a nice fresh, clean, cooling scent for the hot summer months, I think 1 bottle will suffice. My beloved Frost Moon is still my fave mint blend. This was not able to knock it out.

Look mom! one of the SiA and I REALLY got along!

This has been the first oil in the collection that has really not argued with my skin chemistry. Minty and bright and cold to start, this dries very light and barely there, just a soft hint of cucumber and a touch of pepper on my skin. Interestingly enough it had an actual skin cooling effect as it was hot today and got all tingly as I was sweating. I'm in love with this one and while slightly similar to Frost moon as others have noted, it's not aquatic at all.

Adore it!

at first: i am so glad i ordered a bottle of this. very cold. lots of mint and cucumber.

on: amazing. mint, mint, mint. wonderful and sweet.

1 hour later: this is still wafting around me. i put a lot on because mints tend to disappear on me, and it's still very strong.

3 hours later: the pepper is much more apparent now. very nice. it mingles wonderfully with the mint. i love this! the cucumber is there, but just in the background.

6.5 hours later: very light, but still there. a nice balance of pepper and mint, with the slightest tinge of cucumber in the background.

overall: i adore this! i'm so glad i bought a bottle. i'll definitely be using this often.

In the bottle: MINT! It's a real nose-tingler and you can definitely smell different types floating around in there - peppermint, spearmint, wild mint. The cucumber and pepper are barely noticeable in the background.

Upon application and for the first hour or so: The mint backs off a bit, though still tingles your nose upon sniffing, and lets a bit more of the peppery cuke step forward. I LOVE this phase - it's pretty much my dream summer scent.

I run into a bit of trouble at this point: The mint pretty much disappears and it seems that while the mint was busy packing up, the cuke has been shifitily transforming itself into a sort of perfumey aquatic - not horrible, but not my favorite type of scent. Sad.

The final drydown at hour 3 or so: Backs down to a softer and more realistic cuke scent. (which is fine for me, as I like cucumber.)

This is reminiscent of both Cathode (which I also liked a lot until the later drydown - the moss goes a bit swampy on me, but it's a blast of mint with something "green" like this one) and Frost Moon (also liked upon initial application, but then it turns to nearly the exact same sort of aquatic on me as this one, but with a floral aspect that pushed me over the edge into dislike, whereas in this scent it just makes me uneasy.)

This may not be my HG mint scent, but will likely still be a keeper - I think it will be very nice for summer - would make a great cooling spray!

Edited by wolfie13

MINT MINT and more MINT....it actually makes my nose a little cold. It is refreshing..I do hope the cucumber pokes out a little more on me like it does on other people. My bf loves cucumber...it is does poke out I can see me using to make his nose happy. A little strong for me to use everyday but it is nice to use all year round since the mint is refreshing and cool but would also work in the colder season.

So good!

On first application, my four-year-old sniffed my wrist and said, "It smells like that candy!" It does, at first, smell like a great mint candy. I can especially pick out the spearmint, which is my favorite of all mints.

The drydown, on my skin, is a wonderfully realistic cucumber with mint still hanging in the background to freshen it up. I'm not smelling the pepper, which I'm a little sad about, but I'll edit if it comes out in a few hours.

I'm so glad I ordered this, although I have a feeling it might be one that fades quickly. That's okay. I'll marinate in it this summer. I'm thrilled.

:P My gods this is a beautiful scent. Not only does it smell wonderful, but it is very comforting. I was freaking out this morning over my banks "issues" and my hand went for Tulscha. I can smell and feel the mint first, its very cooling, and then the spice of the ginger mingles a bit on my wrist with cooling cucumber. I've forgotten how much I love the smell of cucumber. Its like fresh picked, fresh cut cucumber. Makes me wonder how a cucumber/ginger/mint salad would make me feel right now :D The only sad part is I only have one 5ml bottle and I can see myself wearing this alot this summer.

Tasting, smelling, or feeling cucumber and/or mint has long been my favorite antidote to summer swelter. When I saw this blend I knew I wanted to wear it in the heat of the summer.

On my skin, the pepper is not noticeable at all. The mint is very dominant at first, but the cucumber blends in as it dries down. It is wonderfully cooling to my mind as well as my senses

Tulzscha smells exquisite. In the bottle and on my skin it is a cool, soothing blend of mints and cucumber.

It has a slightly watery element that brings to mind a mint milkshake.

This is the best mint scent that I have ever tried and I expect to slather myself in this throughout the summer to produce the illusion of feeling cool.

In the bottle:

bright, cold mint with a BITE to it, that I assume is the white pepper

On me:

At first, the mint is predominant, and it's very sharp and cold. After just a minute though that cucumber really comes out and makes this clean and wonderful. Eventually, in about 10 minutes, this scent settles down into a soft mint with a nice clean base of cucumber. That white pepper is still there in the background, offering a little bit of an edge to this, but it's very much in the back.

Final note:

This is amazing, one of my favorites no doubt, I love nice clean and minty smelling scents, and this is definitely up my alley.

In bottle: Gorgeous crisp mint number. The mint is rather sweetened by the cucumber and the white pepper; it's fabulous. It doesn't really remind me of Frost Moon at all, which I somewhat expected it to. I would say it is more similar to Blue Moon.

On me: This is an extremely cool and fresh scent. The crispness and watery delight of cucumber is the dominant note - surprised me! - surrounded by the mints. I couldn't tell you if there were six of them, but I can definitely detect a good two or three different variations on mint.

Tulzscha smells deliciously minty without being overbearing. On my skin it turns into a very soft, almost milky fragrance. I love how gentle the mints are! The White pepper and Cucumber seem to fade *almost* completely into the mint, keeping it interesting and adding another sub-layer of chilliness. It is comforting and is one of those scents that you can't stop sniffing because it smells so *good*. I feel yummy in this. My new favourite!

:P