Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Scylla

Mi-Go Brain Canister

In an effort to create a pleasing environment during a surprise trip to Yuggoth, we have created a soothing yet stimulating blend of pink pepper, peony, jasmine, mango, kiwi, pomegranate, pineapple, white ginger, serene white tea and light musks. Bon voyage!

BRAAAAAAAINS!

When I first smelled Mi-Go Brain Canister in the bottle, I really did think it smelled like brains! :P I was thinking I was going to smell zombilicious. I was strangely looking forward to it, actually.

I put the perfume on and it was sickly sweet. I was seriously thinking I was going to stink of brain drippings for the rest of the day. There was even a meaty note that was so weird that it kinda freaked me out.

Oh, but after an hour Mi-Go turned into this light fruity floral with a hint of musky ginger. I think I fell in love with it because it's the only perfume that will stay fruity on me! Everything turns dark and mysterious usually. But not this. Not the Mi-Go.

I can understand why my friend, Violaine, is infatuated with this perfume. It's perfect for brightening up even the cloudiest day. Edited by Shollin

In the vial:

fruity diapers

On me:

Jasmine can do awful things on my skin and end up smelling like dirty diapers. I really thought with Mi-go though, that I could avoid it's tyranny with all those other notes.

Unfortunately, that was not entirely the case. It goes on pretty rank and the jasmine is just there full force. It worries me.

I am VERY happy to say though that once it dries, the jasmine settles down and Mi-go becomes something much more pleasant. I have to say that it's a lot more floral than I was expecting. The fruit element is definitely there, but I would call this a fruity floral. It's very feminine and makes me think of a tropical bloom because it's rather bouyant and sweet and airy. I can definitely smell the white tea and light musk, which smooth this all out and keep it grounded. I swear there is gardenia in there though! I keep getting whiffs of gardenia - it's faint but very distinct.

Final note:

Hard to describe because it ends up melding well but this is a lovely fruity floral with a bright, bouncy vibe to it. Very pretty I think even if it wasn't quite what I was expecting!

Fruity, gummy, plump, wiggly, jiggly bundles of fruit. Something you can sink your teeth into. :P The kiwi is great---one of my favorite fruits, and I can actually smell it on my skin! A true, honest to goodness kiwi! I can't really smell any of the other floral or musk notes yet...everything is covered by the tropical fruit assortment. I like that the fruits don't smell generic or syrupy.

Ah yes....there you are, jasmine. I knew you'd appear eventually. Jasmine always amps up on me and can smell either fantastic, or overpoweringly heady. This time it must fall into the fantastic category. Thick, sexy, and unmistakable. Adds to the island, tropical heat feeling I get from this. Layered with the ginger, it packs a spicy jasmine punch.

I don't know if it was the unusual heat today or what but this faded pretty quickly on me. The fruity stage was noticable for only about 20 minutes. It has a nice impact in the drydown though. Unusual and very pretty!

I am trying to decide if I smell incredibly sexy or like Fruit Loops cereal! :D Is that the musk coming out or the smell of decaying florals? At first whiff in the bottle, it smelled glorious so I freely slathered this on. Oh My! I am on the island of Hawaii surrounded by tropical fruit gone haywire-throw in a few spicy plants and that is what I smell like. Maybe to get into the spirit of this scent I should put my tap shoes on, add a basket of fruit on top of my head and go for it!

Yes, I am into it now-not so bad as it is drying down. It is a little more subtle now. The decay smell is being replaced by a more beautiful blending of tropical florals and fruits. It's more like a soft breeze, a beautiful memory, a wear me every day scent. I am very glad I didn't wash this one off and waited for this to run the complete course. :P

migo reminded me strangely of Poisoned Apple...sweet, but with something lingering underneath that was a bit slithery.

sadly this one wasn't for me, it's a bit of fruit overload but doesn't seem to work together.

I picked this one up and tested it once a while back and thought "hmm.. virgin melon balls" I stored it and then I decided to try it one more after I put it up for sale just (as a little going away sniffy) and thought "hmm.. virgin melon balls" It smells nice, but it sticks too close to the skin and reminds me of a fruity lip balm. I'm happy to pass it on to someone who will give it more love than me...

I'll miss the lil' squishy brain though.... :P

In the imp: Sweet with a synthetic overtone.

Wet on skin: Same as above, but mellowing out a lot.

Dry on skin: WOW. After 10-15 minutes, the synthetic crap (what a great nose I have, haha) mellowed out, and what's left is a pleasant, delicious fruity smell. I love it!

After a while: The dab on my wrist has faded and morphed a lot, going into a soft background-y smell. The parts that have rubbed off on my shirt smell heavenly.

Verdict: 4/5.

Evil fruit. This does smell like ripe, juicy fruits and something evil and slithery lurking underneath.

Fruit death.

For me, I think it's a combination of the pinkpepper and jasmine that is repelling me. Evil. Evil.

bottle: pepper, ginger and jasmine.

wet: unusual. the ginger and pepper are still in the foreground with the jasmine . however, there is a strong background of fruits.

dry: very nice. the pepper and ginger over-power the jasmine by the time this is dry and the fruits provide a sweet background. lovely.

In the vial: Melon and other fruity notes. Smooth and juicy.

On skin: Smooth, sweet, melony goodness, mmm. A slightly sharp citrus note gradually begins to make its presence known, and after a few minutes makes its way to the forefront. The sharper tone over the smooth melon is a nix mix. Light and refreshing.

~30 mins: The sharpness has vanished, and the fruity notes form a gently sweet, smooth base. A light floral lingers on the surface, adding its delicate touch to the blend but not overwhelming it.

Now that I've looked up the notes I'm not entirely sure where I get the melon from, but I still smell it in the vial regardless. A pretty, delicate blend. I like this one, but will have to see how often I actually wear it before committing myself to finding more.

Bottle: I can smell the fruitiness of mango, kiwi and pomegranate, and something tempering it...probably the tea and ginger. I've had this forever but never looked at the ingredients before.

Wet: Fruity. I want to say it is like a gum-fruity, but it isn't overly sweet. Just...not like fruit. There's something I can't quite place and it always drives me crazy, in a good way. Something peppy. Maybe something peppery, since this has pink pepper in it. I can sort of pick out the tea, and the ginger melds with the fruits. Yes! This smells like a Gingered Fruit White Tea with Pepper!

Drydown: Softer, but still peppery fruit. I like this, it just...I want to squish the scent or something. Maybe because I got a squishy brain with it.

Expectations: An explosion of fruit, with a layer of spiciness on top.

In vial: Ew. Fruity, yes, but with something dirty mixed in. I think the tea and musk don't like me.

On skin, wet: It's already gone to baby powder in the 5 seconds I've had it on. I'm not getting any fruitiness at all.

On skin, dry: Powdery with a little ginger.

After time: It's been 20 minutes and I lost the ginger but can pick out a little bit of the peony. I often dislike peony. It's not too bad here, but I'm disappointed that it's the one note standing out. I've given it another 10 minutes with no change, and it's really not for me.

Conclusion: How disappointing. I saw all those fabulous fruits listed and got no fruitiness at all. I already have a new home picked out for this though.

Mi-Go is very light and sweet. It definitely smells "pink". To me, the jasmine is most prominent. It's soft and gentle and melds into the other fruits and notes. Behind the jasmine I can pick out the mango and kiwi and pink pepper. Beyond that, the rest becomes a unified gestalt. It's really quite fruity, with just enough floral and pink. Definitely soft and feminine.

In Vial: fresh juicy fruits

Wet: this is wonderful, fresh, wet fruits with a backdrop of jasmine. Uh oh. This is smelling like baby powder on me.

Drydown: This gets a little better on and smells like jasmine and berries, but I still miss the juicy-ness of the fresh fruits.

In the bottle: All fruits clearly distinct, though the pineapple hits first. Extremely fruity. Beneath I can smell delicate peony and heady jasmine, the kick of pink pepper and fresh ginger, and a bit of herbal-smooth white tea. Reminds me vaguely of a Ecstasy of Infatuation.

Wet: Lighter; despite being very fruity, it's not candy sweet, but rather refreshing and exotic and a little tart. Mango and kiwi amp a bit. The fruit is truly in command at this stage.

Dry: Dries almost instantly, becoming a bit less fresh and tart. The ginger is more apparent though, and provides some freshness of its own. The pink pepper is faint, but when I breath in deeply it tingles my nose. Peony has amped and is wonderfully rose-like, but gentler, and very feminine. There's only a hint of jasmine. Fruit and flowers now balanced.

Later: Gah, the jasmine is amping and doing its soapy thing; the peony has amped also. The fruit has receded a bit; the blend is more floral than fruity now. Pepper and ginger especially still present, though, so they cut through the florals somewhat. Sexy musk, indeed light and very feminine, has emerged. White tea is faint, but detectable with effort.

Summary: The jasmine settles down into a faint clean floral (amazingly!), while peony remains lovely. Otherwise, I'm getting a lot of delicious pineapple and kiwi, such that this is mostly tart-fruity, and a whole lot of delicious musk, spiked with bright ginger. The pink pepper has amped a bit, annoyingly, but lies so close to the skin that it's not generally noticeable. Tea is faint, but does provide a smoothly herbal base in conjunction with the musk. Initially this has fabulous throw, but it fades very rapidly.

I'll hang onto my imp, and I'd get a partial bottle if I came across one, but this is close enough to (and less wonderful on me than) Ecstasy of Infatuation. It's a lovely, complex, feminine tropical fruity-floral.

Edited by fairnymph

This scent starts off smelling similar to Shango to me, but without the chili pepper. As time goes on, Mi Go changes, and while it remains fruity, some white floral notes peak through. I am getting a hint of Snow White in here! It is very faint though. The scent dries down to a light, fruity-floral. Great for spring and summer.

Starts out very tropical fruit for me, which, after a bit, softens into a floral, that wants to be heady, but just doesn't reach that point. Thank goodness, as heady = headachey for jjr.

Mi-Go Brain Canister

Fruity-fruit-fruits! And Jasmine. I think I might love the Brain Canister if not for the that. The jasmine is similar to Lush's Flying Fox (etc.) and dominates the whole scent. It might be worth trying in a locket, though, as the jasmine is not as apparent in the bottle, it just totally amps on my skin.

Bottle: Pineapple. Is there pineapple in this? There is? Good.

Wet: Right off the bat I start to smell the jasmine. Luckily I love jasmine so this is shaping up well. I also smell the peony and the tea and I'm a little nervous because they united forces in The Dormouse to make me smell repulsive. I wonder if the pomegranate accord has changed since this blend--it's so light in this blend.

Dry: Jasmine with peony and tea over a swirl of light tropical fruits. I think the musk is really grounding this and giving it a bit more staying power than it normally would. The pink pepper adds a nice kick.

Throw: Mild.

Overall: I like it. It's actually not as drop dead gorgeous as I was anticipating, but I had exorbitantly high expectations for this one. As it is, it's a really nice warm weather scent and I'm going to enjoy it over the summer. Love the jasmine in this one.

two notes i like, three notes that are total dealbreakers, and five that can go either way. yeah, i knew before i ever tried this that it would never work. but the brain was so squishy!

sniffed from the bottle i get mango-pomegranate-jasmine, and that's all i needed to know.

Im one of the weird skin chemistry that gets the smell of fresh poop the minute mi-go hits my skin :lol:

BUT, a minute later, not even a minute, its all fresh fruit and light florals. Fruit of the juicy refreshing variety and I wouldht even say the jasmine is prevalent.. its more of a non-descript white floral blend.

I can see this being added to my "wear at work for refreshing energy fix" catagory ;D

Imp: a fun blast of tropical fruit! with a faint whiff of white tea. That mango, kiwi, pomegranate and pineapple is just juicy, dripping deliciousness.

Wet on Skin: almost immediate floral amping. I love jasmine and peony, but where did all they juicy fruit go??? It's now a pale floral with a hint of soft musk and a touch of pink pepper.

Drydown: The pink pepper and ginger give this a bit of bite, while the florals bloom happily on my skin. An echo of the initial fruit keep this sweet and fun, although they're all but overgrown with florals and drowned in musk. The tea keeps this a bit adult, but all in all it reminds me of those sweet Escada scents.

In the IMP it is very very fruity and sweet. The pineapple, white tea and mango are the most predominant. On me it’s very PINK! I smell like candy watermelon and jasmine. The white tea also stands out with the floral notes just barely there.

A few minutes later the jasmine is stronger and threatening to overpower everything! Luckily it blends in perfectly with the fruit so that I get a beautiful mixture of jasmine, tea, watermelon and fruit!

This is a beautiful, summary, holiday, fruity & fun scent!

Review from 2005.

In the Vial: There are so many different notes listed that I won't even try to pick each one of them out! This is fruity, I'll say that much. The only note that really sticks out to me is the pineapple. This isn't tart at all, which is strange, with so many tart fruits in there; there's something leveling it out and making it sweeter.

Wet: It grows very warm on my skin, and develops a bit of a powdery smell. It's become less fruity, and a bit more floral, although everything is so well blended together that I couldn't put it into one category or the other if I tried. I still can't pick out any individual notes, and even the definitive pineapple has blended into oblivion!

Dry: I can catch the pineapple again, if I try really hard, and the overall fruitiness is drifting back as well. This smells very pink, and feminine. As minutes pass, the powdery smell is fading, and this is getting nicer and nicer. More minutes pass, and I'm smelling something like lilac!

An Hour Later: Summer. Pure summer. I'm not sure exactly what is making me think of summer, but this is bringing back strong memories of childhood, of walking down residential streets shaded by tall sprawling trees, looking at the rainbow cacophany of flowers blooming in gardens, enjoying the warmth that never seemed so oppressive back then. I'm still smelling lilac in this, though since there's no lilac listed in the description, I'm going to assume it's the peony that's giving me this impression. I'm also smelling the same sort of hothouse floral that's in New Orleans and Peitho, but much softer.

Overall: Oh, I love it, even if the floral did win out over fruit in the end. It's too perfectly summer to give up, especially as winter cold starts to move in. I'm a little confused as to why anyone would connect this scent to a squishy brain, though.