Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sarahjay

Scents for late summer into autumn

I'm thinking Carnival scents especially Snakes are good for the transition but I have to limit the really sweet ones as they amp in the heat and are a little too much. In the theme of "Second Spring" and Autumn Coolness, Lupers are what I will try for these agonizingly hot days. Also, Sol Ivictus, Sportive Sun, and amber blends like Coyote and the Lion aren't too sweet or overwhelming.

When it's super hot (over 85° here this week) I like to wear something cooling like Nuclear Winter or Ice (Kubuki).

I'll check my stash of scents to test for some DDLM.

Edited by sprout

I sold mine a few years ago, but Fledgling Raptor Moon really evokes late summer to me for some reason - dead dry grass but still warm... it's about the only time I miss it.

In 2009, the lab had a late-summer update called Summer's End. They are collectively perfect for late summer/early autumn, and some of my all-time favorites, like Under the Harvest Moon, are from this update. :smile:

I have been wearing western diamondback quite a bit. Curious what others are wearing as summer begins to end.

Edited by HeatherB

The Dodo is my go-to for this time of year. I actually think of it as my Renn Faire scent because faire season is late summer into fall around here.

I don't wear a lot of apple scents because the note tends to either amp or vanish on me, but I image most apple scents would make a lot of sense to wear this time of year too.