Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Thorne

Two, Five & Seven

<div class="bpal" style="background-color:transparent; border: 1px dotted #000033; color: #000099; padding: 5px; width: 90%; align:center;margin:0 auto 0 auto"><i><!-- bpal scent start -->A huge bouquet of squished rose petals: Bulgarian rose, Somalian rose, Turkish rose, Damascus rose, red and white rose, tea rose, wine rose, shrub roses, rose, rose, rose…

…and just an itty bitty bit of green grass.<!-- bpal scent end --></i></div>

"Rose, rose, rose..." LIES!

Let's start by saying, that this is by far the biggest disapointment of my order.

I love rose scents... I actually love it so much, I can stay hours under the rain, smelling roses...

And I love all rose scents, pink roses, orange, roses, white roses, red roses...

So, when I ordered Two, Five and Seven, I expected something nice, that... hum... smelled of ROSES!

In the imp - sweets.

Wet - sweets with a tiny bit of dark red rose on the back ground. Like a bouquet of red, fake, roses, lying on a tea tray, litteraly covered in sweets.

Dry - Somebody threw the sweets and the roses in the trash, and stuck your head in it too. Fake plastic, candy peaches and a hint of fake rose.

Disgusting... I'm sorry, but this makes me gag, specially the plastic thing!

---

So time has past, and I make another try at this...

My love for rose has to win over the sweets, right?

In the imp - still sweets.

Wet- Gosh, I start smelling actual roses somewhere there, under it all...

It's actually becoming rosier and rosier... is this going to work, I don't know... but I really hope so.

This smells like I hoped it would smell a year ago... of roses, and grass, and a summer evening lying in the sun, in a rose garden...

I think I'm in love...

Apparently, the oil just had to age... a year... for me to be able to smell what I wanted..

It wafts from my wrists to my nose as I type... OMG, LOVE!

Edited by Jupita

imp - sweet floral rose, like the rose oil my dad sent me from Iraq

Wet on skin - sugared roses - smells like what rose Turkish delight tastes like.

Dry - same as wet, all I get is lovely sweet rose. No grass here.

Overall, it is a wonderful straight up rose scent. I really love it, but I'm still going through BPAL's rose scents to find the perfect me rose. This may be it, but I haven't tried enough to be sure.

Rose-o-rama :) I like a big dose of rose once in awhile and this is a great one! Like rubbing big red velvety rose petals all over me. hehe.

In the imp: What else? ROSE! The biggest, fattest bunch of roses imaginable.

On me, it's also all soapy roseyness galore. As it dries, the soapiness gets a bit less pronounced, but it's still definitely trumpeting ROSE from my wrist.

Once completely dry, it actually moves throught a bubblegum/candy phase where the scent gets very sweet... but before and after, all rose all the time. After about 2 1/2 hours, it is almost completely gone.

I am not enough of a rose fan to appreciate this one. It actually intimidated me a little.

Inside the imp, this is a soft rose....I think I smell the wine rose more than any other.

On the skin, semi-sweet rose scent. I don't mind some rose notes in my perfume blends, but I can't really take ALL roses like this. It's just too much on my skin.

I... I don't loathe this! Wow!

I'm not a fan of roses (nor florals in general, tbh) but I was frimped this by a lovely forumite and morbid curiosity compelled me to try it on. It's sweet and rosy and fresh green. Not cloying old-lady rose at all.

It soooo doesn't suit me, so I'd never wear it... but I think I'll keep the imp as a novelty: "hey, this rose doesn't suck!"

It has almost completely vanished after about 30 minutes. If I were a rose person, that would make me sad-face. But it's actually perfect for my needs. If I ever want a burst of rose, I can dab this puppy on, and not have to worry about it hanging around all day.

Edited by MamaMoth

In the imp, this is pretty straightforward ROSE. On my skin, this is really strong, heady rose, like Peacock Queen taken up to 11. Not sure how to feel about it. This ends up being too intense of a rose for me. 'm actually getting a headache off of it.

Edited by Venneh

In imp: Fruit and rose in about equal strengths. I think the fruit is mostly apples and a little lemon. This was a bit disappointing since it wasn't what I thought millions of squished rose petals and grass would smell like.

On skin: When the oil was wet and while it was drying, the fruit completely pushed the rose aside. In fact, although the smell still managed to suggest rose, it seemed (as my cousin put it) like it was apples and lemons pretending to be rose. Afterwards, rose came to the fore and the scent became very pleasant.

The combination of rose and fruit suggests wet, rotting roses to my mind, which is a pity as I love the concept. Even though I liked the end stages of the perfume, there are so many other good rose scents out there that I don't think I'll be getting more of this.

In the Imp: Sweet rose

Wet on Skin: starts out almost lemony-rose, a bit futzy

While Drying: there is definitely a freshness to it; I can smell several different varieties of rose, like walking through a rose garden

After a Little While: a bright rose; the realism decreases with early drydown

Later: more real roses are back - red rose petal this time

Final Thoughts: This one has a strong throw initially, but fades fairly quickly… however, the lingering scent wass still there 12+ hrs later. This was a frimp from the Lab - not a scent I would have picked (not a huge fan of rose) but this one turned out better than I would have expected. I've been pleased with most of the Mad Tea Party scents.

Two, Five & Seven earns a 3.5/5 on my skin.

Before this scent i never thought i was a floral girl....NOW i am a changed woman lol

in the vial: My inital impression was wow! thats a whole lot of ROSE! i dont know how this is going to work on my skin...but its a freebie so lets try it.

Wet: interesting, it didnt go soapy or plasticy. Just rose with something extra.

Dry: OK i figured it out. It smells like taking a bunch of roses and squishing them into wet grass. OMG its so lovely. Its floral and wet and just WONDERFUL. i think i may need a bigger bottle of this one. I cant wait to try other florals too.

*sigh* I'm heartbroken.

This was the first of the Tea Party that I've tried, and Alice is my absolute favorite story ever....so I was uber excited to dive into this. I cracked open my imp and inhaled deep. What did I find? My nostrils burning. Burning with tart, abrasive, can't put my finger on it but it feels strongly familiar scent.

Going against first instinct to walk away, I dabbed it on, and was hoping to see this transform into something soft and lovely.

It transformed into a more direct version of that vague hint of scent that I couldn't put my finger on before....what was it?

Nail polish remover.

I was so sad, but intended to stick it out....hoping to see another stage, thinking maybe this was just an odd in between and refusing to give in.

It never changed. Eventually at work I had to scrub down in the bathroom sink, because the nail polish remover scent was making me self conscious.

Now understand, it's not the scent that is evil. Of that, I am 100% positive. It's my skin. I'm sorry 2,5 & 7....it's not you, it's me. My chemistry HATES rose.. Ive established that in the past 24 hours. Katrina Van Tassel did the same while processing thru that initial rose phase, when I tried her last night. Eventually that opened up into a lovely warm cream, and I was able to fall in love with Miss Kat and couldn't stop sniffing my wrists. Unfortunately for 2,5 & 7 there is no other stage. The description states it all. It's a whole ton of rose.

I can see how this would be drop dead gorgeous on the right woman, but on me it just smelled like I dropped a bottle of nail polish remover all over myself.

Shoot.

Edited by krazyanjel

Imp: I don't know why I expected The Bad Rose Note to not be in here but I did. And I was mistaken. A sour rose over a more lush rose scent.

Wet: Sour rose. Man, this particular note (it's not exactly a tea rose but definitely one of the tea rose/pink rose notes) drives me up the wall. Most roses work on me. And then there's this bastard coming in to rough me up and ruin my rosy experience.

Dry: Sour bathroom air freshener rose. That one sour rose is stomping all over all the other notes which actually smell pretty good. I can tell that in two or three hours the sour rose will have worn off but is it really worth smelling like an air freshener for two hours for a scent?

Throw: Moderate.

Overall: My chemistry has a note of doom in here that it unfortunately amps. As an aside, I usually can smell green notes loud and clear (pungent and clear?) and pull absolutely no grass from this. It's a little unnerving--that's how strong the unfortunate tea/pink rose note is.

I liked the way it smelled for the first 30 seconds, but it turned to bad air freshener on me too. Really, really strong bad air freshener. It's great on my brother, though! Better luck next time, I guess.

Not sure how I feel about this one. I do get the rose scent but I also see where people were getting the fruity scent too. It smells like rose flavored candy. I've had rose flavored candy a few times and while it smells nice it's not something I want to eat.

Anyways! I think this bottle is a keeper but it will have to be a scent that I am in a bouncy, happy mood to wear.

A beautiful, lush rose scent. Nothing extraordinary about it but its a very nicely done, simple, elegant. quality rose perfume. Nothing cloying or artificial about this, think more freshly cut bouquet and less cheap flat imitation rose.

I hate rose. Absolutely hate it with a passion.

I didn't look at the notes before applying this blend and maybe my chemistry is off, but I wouldn't have picked rose as one of the notes. I feel a bit silly admitting that since usually I'm pretty good at identifying notes, but this was primarily green on my skin. Green with a touch of floral. Maybe it's because this imp is super old, who knows. It's okay, not something I'd reach for often so I think it'll go to my swap pile.

I really like this in the imp! Roses and sweet wine. Two, Five, and Seven is sweet and rosey at the same time, and I could see how that would turn others off, but I enjoy it.

On my skin the wine burns off, mostly. It's just roses. Oh, then a perfumey green note comes out. Oh deer, then it gets a little powdery. Powdery hot pink roses. The powder fades as the oil dries, though, and it gets sweet again.

In the end, it's what I would describe as rose candy. Maybe rose Kool-Aid, but it's not quite that sweet, not as much as it was wet. It's not very strong on me. I like it okay but it doesn't grab me by the hair, and there are other rose blends I love more.

This is an utterly beautiful perfume. Simplistic without being boring, light but lasting, floral but not powdery... It's perfect.

It smells exactly like roses. Its like sticking your nose in a beautiful bouquet and taking a whiff. The scent is very natural - nothing artificial or perfumey about these roses! It's perfect in every way.

I got my new order in today, so the moment I ripped the box open I was totally :joy:

The :joy: was so strong that I was a tad careless popping open two of my imps. Slight spillage dictated what I'd be wearing today. hehe That was OK, because both of them are lovely, and I was able to put them on me far enough apart that I can follow each of them as they progress on my skin without one interfering with the other. Two, Five & Seven is everything, and I do mean everything I hoped it would be and then some. In the imp, it smelled more of grass than roses to me, a really fresh, sharp, green grass scent that reminded me exactly of stepping out into the yard in the early morning when the dew is still down and the blades crush a teeny bit under the bare feet. That is such a yummy smell.

So I rubbed what little bit spilled on my wrists. There's the rose! The grass was still there, too. For a few heady moments while it was all still wet, I smelled exactly like a rose garden, not like a perfume oil interpretation of one, but like the garden itself. Bliss. Heaven. Joy. Insert appropriate word of delight of your choice here.

In the initial dry down phase, a soapy note came out, but it wasn't at all an unpleasant, chemical-y soapy note. It was expensive French milled soap fresh after washing your hands and dabbing them dry on a plush, decorative towel. I'd say that lasted maybe twenty minutes before rose came back to the fore, a very intense, sophisticated rose, not tea rose. The grass note faded to the background, yet even now I can detect a slight hint of green. I'll come back to edit later to reveal how long this lasts on me. If it has decent longevity on the skin, I think I may have just discovered the perfect rose for me. Apparently, my skin adores this and vice versa. What a great way to start the newest sampling cycle! :wub2:

This smells like rose. Not heavy rose, but more like a fresh, delicate rose. It reminds me of LUSH's Queen of Hearts soap. Light and fresh, would be good for spring/summer.

Imp: Floral mix.

Wet: Sharp, sharp, sharp green; almost rotten greens, actually.

Drydown: The green backs off. Beautiful rose mix comes into play!

Dry: Subtle, rosy feminine scent. Cozy.

My rating: 4/5

Smells like fresh, lovely, wonderful, roses! The description is spot on, I can definitely smell a tiny bit of green grass too.

It's a bit on the sweet side, it almost has a fruity feel to it. I love it, I have a bottle of it at home.

Edited by Ryokumuji

In Imp: sweet rose, florals, candy?

On Wet: sweet rose turns into full-bodied rose with earthy depth, but still on the sweeter side

On Dry: the rose dies down to this sweet smell that reminds me of Asian jello cups and wet shampoo.

It is not bad, but not really for me.

I love roses. I wish I didn't have a brown thumb specifically so I can grow those wonderful Old English roses with rose hips. I thought I would adore Two, Five and Seven. I've aged this bottle for over a year because it has turned into stale beer on me. I was just ready to give up and give the bottle away. Lo' and behold...roses. WTH? Guess if I want more, I better order well ahead of running out.

Oh drat, I was doing so well with the Mad Tea Party scents I tried! I thought they'd all be fantastic. :(

Now mind you, I love the smell of roses. Really, really love the smell. Buuuuuut, Two, Five, and Seven is NOT what I was expecting!

The scent never changes from the imp to the drydown. Rotten, rotten roses screaming death and violence at me. This is a nightmare where all the roses I've ever picked or bought are coming back to get revenge. Zombie roses. Oh well, maybe I'll find a better one.