Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

<span style='font-family:Georgia'><span style='color:Purple'>

Energy, vigor, verve, strength, courage, balls.

First Impression: ZING!

Second Impression: This is the energy elixir and it's doing it's job. Remember the old Coast soap commercial, "the eye opener". That's what this is, not the scent but the wake up and smell the lush orange and spicy ginger! This is aromatherapy at it's finest.

Final Analysis: I've had the week from hell and actually woke up this morning with a stress hangover. Sitting here and sniffing my wrist is clearing my head, perking me up and making me feel like tonight at work is going to be a breeze. </span></span>

Edited by Shollin

ZING! Holy citrus, Batman!

I opened my ginormous (read: huge) box o' BPAL today and smelled Moxie immediately. I tried it before any of the LE bottles because it was just screaming for attention, and I'm glad I did. It's spectacular! I normally don't do citrus scents because I feel like I'm wearing a room spray, but this is beating me into submission. I have to put it that way because this scent is really that aggressive! My arm is screaming "PAY ATTENTION TO ME! I COMMAND IT! DON'T MAKE ME KILL THIS PUPPY!!!"

The orange is definitely the most noticeable on my skin, and I'm having a hard time figuring out the rest. Andrabell mentioned ginger, and I can see where she gets that. The rest is a mystery to me, but I'm fine not knowing what causes Moxie to be such a powerful, loud, and ballsy scent. It's got a tremendous throw, and I'll have to be careful not to apply too much for fear of blasting people off the bus when I get on in the morning.

I know that I will definitely wear the entire 10ml (hooray for Beth's "just 'cause" upgrade!) because I think that Moxie will make me wear it all.

Wow. Just...wow!

In the bottle: A sweet orange with just a touch of gingery bite.

On my skin: Damn, that's a juicy orange! This reminds me of an Fruits&Passions EO I had long before I discovered BPAL. It was specifically a Brazillian Orange, and I used to scent my baths with it when I needed a luxe pick-me-up. Moxie would be even better for this purpose. It is so juicy, it makes me want to taste it!

Dry: Wow! Talk about invigorating. The lush orange backs off as this dries, and the gingery spices behind it come out. I usually can't stand wearing ginger (bad scent memory association!) but this gingery blend is actually quite wearable, which is nice! It is definately invigorating, like a shot of caffiene to the nose...it is actually waking me up and making me more alert as I type.

Overall: I am absolutely blown away by Beth's generosity here. This lil' 10mL is going to dive straight into permanent rotation, and I will definately be picking up a bottle or two for friends in need of balls. :D Two thumbs enthusiastically up! :P :D

BOING.

This is big, honking, in-your-face orange, peel and all. There is indeed spice in the background, but overall, this is sharp, sharp citrus. Ballsy as all get out, too.

I think I have a "Wake up. Get out of bed. Get moving!" scent now. :P

Fresh tangerine peel and ruby red grapefruit pulp!! :P

It's so tart and fresh it smells like real fruit juice. Incredible! I just love this. It's going to make a perfect room scent, and I also think I'll make a body spray out of this. It would be lovely to spritz on in the mornings after a shower.

Moxie is definitely a "Get Off Your Butt and Get Moving" scent! It's sharper and more "in your face" than any other citrusy scents I've tried. I smell grapefruit, tangerine and maybe yuzu--and not the sweet, juicy fruit--just the oils from the peels! I also smell another spice, but it doesn't smell like ginger on me. Maybe some kind of pepper? Clove?

I put some of this on the other day when I KNEW I was going to have to deal with someone I don't enjoy dealing with and I DID feel like I had more "balls" to deal with this beyotch.

I'm not sure that I would wear this as personal fragrance on a regular basis, but I think it will be wonderful for aromatherapy purposes (which is what it is intended for!) I think it would be wonderful mixed into a carrier oil for massage therapy or in an oil burner.

out of the vial wet Moxie smells like an insane screaming creamsicle with a layer or darker spices behind it. upon wearing *everything* intensified, the orange became syrupy sweet in the most delicious way possible :P , the spices turned into...uh oh.

its the same wet, deep pepper undercurrent that made alecto smell like bologna to me.

i will never wear this scent again (if i can wash it off, that pepper note is stuck on my skin), but as a quick pick me up out of the vial only, whew! its a pants kicker!

Edited by lixolux

Moxie is the perfume I've been dreaming of. Right out of the vial, it's a shocking, sharp, bitter citrus. My brain registered it as grapefruit. However, as it dries, it gets smoother and smoother. More creamy. Sweeter. It becomes orangy. Oh, mama, creamy orange! It's not foody at all -- just sublimely sweet, and VERY energizing! It makes me want to type with exlamation points!

It is reminding me a little bit of Succubus in that it's sweet and orangy, but it's MORE orangy, and it's got a distinctive "zing."

All in all, this is an absolute triumph, Beth. If all the Panaceas are as spectacular as this, we're in for a real treat.

:P

Moxie was all citrus on my skin. Definitely more grapefruit (maybe yuzu) than orange. It is more a dark, bitter citrus than juicy or sweet.

Moxie has given me the strength and courage to face my hellish workplace the last two days without crying uncontrollably or feeling bullied.

I am going to hoard my imp like the precious it is. Oh.my.god...this is CITRUS...pure orange in all its stages. It goes from in your face orange to a sweet, creamy, slightly spiced orange (I get the image of an orange spiked with cloves made into a creamsicle).

As to the effects- I wore this right before going to play volleyball, and once there...I took on 2 excellent players (my mom and some other tough lady) in a 2-on-1 game...and I won. I am going to get a bottle of this as soon as I have money.

Moxie confused me, as do most scents that don't have the ingredients listed right out.

At first it's a sharp, tangy lime or range scent. Lovely, beautiful, and gives the nose a *WHACK* HI THERE!! zing.

I love citrus scents and was very excited about this, because I tend to not be able to tolerate grapefruit.

But as it dries (and it does so fairly quickly) it turns to.... rice? It smells just like when the rice cooker pops and you lift the lid before letting it sit. The vapors that creep out are moist, glutenous, and starchy. That's exactly the smell I'm getting now!

Having read the other reviews, I can see how this can be ginger. Huh. Maybe that's it? I have not tried any other scents that had ginger in them, so anything's possible, but this is truly weird. Not sure if I am going to keep this, as the smell of cooking rice is a very comforting childhood scent for me, but I'm not sure I want to walk around smelling like it. :P

Moxie was really great for me. At first sniff it was PEZ Candy, and I kept making my bf sniff me and smell the PEZ. But then a strong grapefruit came through, and it was so beautiful.

I wore it to my friend Tom's house to watch him shoot off some fireworks. The fireworks were a disaster, backfiring into the yard and nearly killing all of us. Luckily the only one even slightly injured was my boyfriend and he just got 2 bruises. But I'm digress... At Tom's house, I was much more sociable and less nervous than usual.

Moxie really gave me some Moxie!

This is some serious citrus!! That's about all I can say about it. I'm not sure how strong it stays, as my sinuses clogged up before I had the chance to assess it. Sadly, it is not something I could find myself wearing, even if I do need some courage.

Origin - decant from a lovely forumite

Wet - orange peel & grapefruit.

Dry - this remains primarily orange peel, but a bit of spiciness creeps in as well. Even though I dislike grapefruit, I find this is absolutely delicious, and it's not the least bit sweet. I really love the smell of this and feel energized while wearing it. There's not a lot of throw here, but that's just fine. This is going on my big bottle list.

On the wickedgoddess scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being best, this rates a 4.

Initial Sniff: Orange! The smell of your hands after you take a whole orange and roll it along the table to prepare it for juicing. The oils from the peel are released into your skin. Quite bitter, but there is a hint of sweetness there as well.

Wearing: This is the smell of your hands after you've peeled an orange. The bitter rind oils are still there, but it mostly explodes with orange juiciness. The pith is there too. Absolutely amazing. This fades quickly, however.

Final Impressions: This is the most incredible orange scent I have ever encountered. I cannot beleive that you can capture these scents in a bottle! However, it did not make me feel terribly moxious. :P

OMFGSTRONGOMFGSTRONG

:icon_eek:

Bitter orange peel! Grapefruit! Clove and other spices!!

This isn't just a bright and sunny scent--this is indeed energizing!!

I admit that before trying Succor and Moxie I was somewhat cynical about the Panaeceas...not anymore!!

:P

My dictionary defines Moxie as courage in adversity. This scent is all about that, its comforting and familar to calm your nerves and a kick in the pants to get you going! Wet it is very reminicent of a freshly peeled juicy orange, sweet but tart. As it drys it it starts to remind me of a actual sweet tart. Sadly it does not last long, happily the wonderful labbies sent me a 10ml bottle so I can reapply at will. This is perfect for work I like to keep it on my desk and smell it whenever I need a kick in the pants! :P

Grapefruit! This is citrus with a zing. It's strong. It certainly kicked me in the ass to get up and get going. And it was perfect.

Was.

Sadly this just goes all wrong on my skin. Some citrus simply won't behave on my skin. It starts to smell of rotting rind. Ew. Moxie turns to orange, rotting rind, and stale popcorn. :P Ha! Sadly, I had to wash this one off. This is a fantastic scent and I really recommend it! Well, assuming you don't have oddball skin chemistry akin to mine! :D

Oh, ORANGE, CLOVE, SPICE!!! And they are screaming!

What a great blend, wakes you up and kicks in the butt. Our local Spa/Sauna has a stream pool with exactly this scent, and always one of my fav's

I am wearing Moxi today as we expect a very busy day at the office. It lasts and has a good throw like the "normal" BPAL perfume oils.

The only site note is that my colleque asked if i had been cleaning the officespace...(well that's not a bad remark, considering it came from a man who has no sense of smell at all :P

ETA: I still like the scent but somehow it had a bad influendce on my mood, it makes me sad...will wait to see it this keeps happening

Edited by quinkel

at first: grapefruit ahoy! i love it.

on: wow! so much grapefruit. wonderful. however, there's an odd, foody note in the background.

2.5 hours later: i'm still getting that fantastic grapefruit scent. the weird foody note is gone (hurrah!), and this is just fabulous!

overall: this definitely gave me tons of energy, so i guess it works. it just kind of kicks your ass when you need it most. fabulous stuff.

Well, I got my MOXIE 5 ml!!!!! :D :D :D :P :D

WOO - this is powerful stuff! But I love it!!!!! 8)

Bright, powerful, dark, spicy orange fun! :mrgreen:

At first, it was like every orange was picked out of the orchard, every bit of juice was squirted out of each fruit, including every bit of pulp, and mixed with some warm spices. It dried down to a gorgeous mixed-citrus, but still quite spiced-orange festival o' juice!! :-))

(I can't tell what the other fruits involved are right now, but they smell like a meld of citrus and non-citrus ones, maybe strawberry and pomegranate??)

In the bottle: Clove, orange and ginger. This is fierce and strong and reminds me of several different cleaners we have in our house. Yet, at the same time, I cannot stop myself from sniffing it. It's just that good.

Wet: Ginger and clove with just the suggestion or orange underneath. This is a get up and open your eyes, do something! blend.

Dry down: Less ginger and more the sense of those oranges that have cloves stuck in them. Or orange gingersnap cookies, which actually sound pretty good now that I think about it. Orange gingersnap cookies. I wonder if there's such a recipe out there anywhere. This seems to be less complex than most of the other blends, but I think it has something to do with this blend being more for aromatherapy purposes than as a perfume. It also has a slight tartness that could be taken as grapefruit, but to me it seems more like the tartness of clove and ginger mixed with a not quite ripe orange.

Dry: Orange gingersnaps. This doesn't change much over the course of its wear, but it does smell pretty good. And if is a wake up call. I'm not sure that I could wear this, but I might pick a bottle up eventually for a room scent. It has that kind of quality to it.

Bottle (Imp): Oooh, citrus!

Just On: VERY citrus. It overpowers any other scent that might be there.

An hour or two later: It fades to the smell of toilet water?!? How very odd. It seems my skin hates this one. I mean it smells like a toilet after it's been flushed, not with cleaner, just toilet water.

Around 6 hours: It left already. The toilet water thing wasn't necessarily bad, it's just the only thing comparable. It smelled like clear fresh toilet water. How odd that my skin would do that to it.

12 hours: Way gone.

Overall: This wasn't to bad, though it probably wouldn't give me any extra moxie.

After reading other reviews: Apparently I'm not the only one who gets citrus on this one. But I am the only one who found toilet water in it. I have to say, I liked the scent, either way, as the citrus was great, and the toilet water did remind me of a CLEAN toilet, which is a goood goood thing.

Out of the bottle Moxie smells like freshly squeezed tart oranges.

Applied to my skin the oranges stay and I pick a sort of herbal background that my brain keeps calling basil. I think that's just me WANTING it to be basil.

It's really pleasant and mellows into orange/herby/subtly spicy blend. It doesn't have great staying power, I couldn't smell it at all after about 2 hours.

I love how this blend really kicks me in the ass - it gets me going and that's a great thing for this procrastinator. It was a really uplifting positive blend and I like it even more for the effects than the scent.

I put a wee bit of this on since I was decanting an imp of it.

Wet... very citrus with a spicy ginger smell mixed in.

Dry... the citrus is definitely orange, and there's most certainly ginger in there. It's very uplifting, but it's also making me a bit nauseous because of the ginger (go figure... the root that calms most people's stomachs makes mine wretch).

Still keeping my bottle for now as one of the other family members might be able to use this... I won't be using it again, though. Especially since it's making my wrists red and itchy. Eep. Time to get it off.