Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Energy, vigor, verve, strength, courage, balls.

In the bottle: Fresh and citrusy! Tangerine or mandarin, lemon, and grapefruit. Something else fresh...ginger?

Wet: Juicy and slightly sweet, but also a bit powdery, like PEZ candy. Something woody or herbal, too. This is really warm, bright, and fun.

Dry: The grapefruit is amping, a first for me with BPAL! Oh my goodness, it's gorgeous and pink and edible! But a spice is coming out, ugh.

Summary: Orange fruit, pink grapefruit and powdery, woody ginger. Bright and unisex, though definitely more aromatherapy than perfume. Great throw, but fades fast. Edited by Shollin
Fixed BPAL tags --Shollin

In the vial: Zing! Lemon and ginger.

Wet: This is really bright and fresh! I feel like I'm eating a lemon candy. There's a hint of ginger in the background as well.

Dry: Soapy lemon and ginger. It starts to get medicinal after awhile.

Overall: A loud, bright, 'wake-me-up' scent. Somehow too cheerful and lemony for me but I'm glad to have gotten a sniffie. :)

in the bottle: heavy citrus, but there's something else in here too. something that reminds me of sitting in a library on a summer afternoon- sleek, shiny wood floors and soft leather chairs. it's fabulous.

wet on skin: more of the same, with a bit of actual grapefruit and citron showing themselves.

dry down: there's a wood note here for sure, but it blends into the citrus notes to just give the sense of-yes- strength.

in all: i got this blend because i have many physical limitations that effect my energy. while i'm not sure this blend will help with that, i can tell that i will have even LESS trouble opening my big mouth to get my needs met, for sure!

;)

this is great! I expected a bit more orange, but I like Moxie just the way it is, orange, ginger, spices, and something else. I have been looking for a blend to wear while I work out, and this is definitely the one. I'm going to try it today :D

I feel like this is 1/2 the bestest, juiciest orange ever picked right off the tree and 1/2 exactly the smell that comes out of a fresh knob of ginger right when it's been cut. There might be a hit of orange blossom in here too, but it's a sort of subtext behind the fruit orange and the ginger.

Absolutely awesome, uplifting and zingy. Really, zingy. This is definitely joining my anti-SAD arsenal!

Moxie is an extremely natural scent. It does not smell like you're wearing perfume, but like you've been zesting oranges, nibbling grapefruit and grating ginger. It is indeed very peppy and sunny and summery. :D

Gingery orange/tangerine, I like this as perfume, it's bright and natural smelling, it would make great scented body products.

It is a wake up scent but I'm not too sure about the vigour, verve and courage- I wouldn't mind getting some of those.

I'm getting oranges and ginger here, but with a hint of something woodsy in the background, adding some depth. This is doing it's job well though! I woke up exhausted and feeling like I didn't want to move today, and Moxie is kicking my ass into gear. Definite keeper!

This smells exactly like a New Age store, and I mean that in a GOOD way. It's definitely aromatherapy, and I absolutely love it.

I actually find it calming as well as energizing, if that makes any sense. This is the first BPAL orange I've ever liked that didn't scream "toilet bowl cleaner" to me.

It's going on my bottle list, for sure.

So... embarrassingly enough, I had a sniff of this at the Calgary MnS last night and said, "Wow, this smells like orange juice! I've got to order a bottle of this!" At which point, Paperrose pointed out that I had swapped her *my* bottle I'd ordered last year after discovering that on my skin, it smells like "lemon-flavoured condoms".

I'm really glad *someone* remembered that it was total fail on me before I sprang for another bottle. Le sigh.

Smells like oranges and a little bit of pepper. And something else sort of smooths it out, but I can't guess what it is. It's bright and cheery.

Oranges and ginger? I don't know what's underneath the oranges, but I don't like it very much. Not that it matters, if I'm not wearing Moxie as perfume, I suppose. I don't think I'll use more than my imp, though.

For me Moxie was very sweet, like orange flavored candy at first. After it dried it became less sugary and smelled a lot like a perfect clementine orange. It is a really uplifting scent, a lot of times I'll put it on when I'm feeling down or expecting my day to lousy and I do think it helps chase the blues away.

It's a nice scent too, very wearable.

In the imp: This is really promising! I love the scent of oranges, and that's what I mainly get from the imp. Juicy oranges!

Wet: It smells mainly like it did in the imp, juicy oranges with a spicy note...maybe ginger or clove?

Dry: Ugh, this is terrible on me! My skin chemistry ruined it. It went rather odd and cough-syrupy on me. Too bad, because it was promising in the imp!

Edited by dementia_divine