Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Energy, vigor, verve, strength, courage, balls.

Favourite scent of my first order with only Succor left to try!

Vial: SPICE! ZEST! TANG!

Wet: LEMONS!

Dry: OMG WANT A BOTTLE. This is so zesty and it's making my normally lazy self do stuff :P Edited by Shollin

:P WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the best citrus scent ever! On me its all Tangerine, grapefruit, and orange peel mixed with freshly grated ginger. Rise and SHINE! I would love to have a bar of homade soap made with this scent. YUM!

Hmm. Well, this is sort of depressing.

I've read all of the wonderful reviews for Moxie, and knew that I needed a bottle.

In the bottle, it was... nice, sort of a grapefruity citrusy scent. However, as soon as it touched my skin, well, EW. I smell like melted Ziploc bags. It's the strangest thing.

I'm insanely jealous, though, because everyone else seems to love their Moxie. :P Curse you, wonky body chemistry!

Edited by columbus jones

This smells a lot like Kunstkammer to me: slightly spicy, candied oranges. The throw isn't incredibly strong, but the scent doesn't morph much and lasts well. I do like it, but I prefer Megaera for a candied orange smell and Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo for a perking-me-up sort of scent, so I probably won't get a bottle.

Summary: EEEEEEBOUNCEJOYWAKEUP!

Actual review: This is happy, happy citrus juice. Mainly a tangerine-orange sort of scent, but there's also quite possibly some grapefruit and/or lemon in there. It grabs you by the limbic system and says "you! wake up! be happy!" It's all giddy and giggly. I'm going to keep an imp in my backpack for sniffing on long boring days at work or mornings where I'm having trouble greeting the sun with the proper amount of happy sunshine.

I'm incredibly impressed with almost all of the Panaceas so far. So much research and art went into them...for the most part they really do what it says on the bottle while smelling lovely.

Obtained in a swap so I'm not entirely sure about the age of this one. Older label, blue bottle so I'm assuming it's not new new.

In the bottle I get ORANGE with something else that is alternately sugary and spicy. It's hard to pin down. On I get more of the same but it's mostly sweet, like orange koolaid. It has pretty good throw and follows me around like a little cloud of sunshine. I'm still not sure if this is what I want to smell like but it does give me a bit of a boost. This might end up as a room scent or maybe I'll pass it on to someone who needs a little extra something.

P.S. I haven't done anything ballsy yet but I'll be sure to edit this review if I do. :P

EDIT: Just a quick edit to say that I am feeling more relaxed around people than is normal. My boss particularly. I normally avoid her like the plague (she's freaky and unpredictable) but today I've been chatting with her like we're old buddies. Yay Moxie!

Edited by Jessie

Moxie is really lovely. :D Bright, cheery citrus notes (mostly orange to my nose) but without any sourness or acidity. It doesn't last very long on my skin, and became overpowering in my oil burner (maybe I used too much?), but it's still a fabulous 'get happy' scent. :P

My bottle of Moxie came today, so I had to review it!

In the bottle: Orange zest! Mmm. Bright and happy! :D

On, wet: A big, bright orange, fresh and juicy, peel and all.

Drying: A perfect juicy, fresh orange, just cut and ready to eat. The zest of the orange keeps it from getting to sweet. I can smell a little bit of candied ginger, too.

Dry: Delicious and wonderful!

Final Verdict: I've been looking for an orange scent, and while this is not the orange scent I was looking for, it is amazing, and I will definitely be ordering another bottle. :P

In the bottle:

Orange for sure. Vaguely reminds me of Hunger.

Wet:

WHOA. Serious citrus and something dissonant. Wet stage doesn't work so well on me. Smells vaguely like Pez candy.

Dry down:

A lovely citrusy, gingery/spicy mix. I think there might be some mild florals in here?

Final thoughts:

I like this. My boy insists it smells like a urinal cake. Well, urinal cakes must smell very nice. (I assume he's associating the citrus with bathroom cleaning products, but I'm really not making that association, personally.) It has very little staying power on me, though - even when slathered on, it's barely detectable within a few hours.

This scent, to me, smells of a chinese soap I buy on occasion. It's not a bad scent, just not exciting, or energizing.

Oh. My. God. Think i may have found my favourite BPAL ever! :P

Smell-wise - freshly cut into orange/orange tic-tacs/like snorting orangina, heh.. Stayed around a while on my skin, if not as long as i'd have liked, but the bit in my hair is still going strong ;)

Effects-wise - hehehe..As a BIG stimulant freak (although rocking on nothing but the Moxie today!), i am utterly, utterly loving this!

Wore it to an interview today, and Moxie combined with my SCAD* tendancies & Hardcore Euphoria on the CD player caused some exciting sideways skids round islands *lol* & unbroken streams of giggling & insults at everyone else on the road. Basically i was off my tits bouncing round the car :D

Interview went fantastically though, much confident babbling, and i managed to babble on useful subjects rather than going off on not espescially eloquent tangents!

Bottle. Want. Now! I can't believe i'm this ridiculously bouncy/happy/energetic on something that isn't bad for me :D

*Small Car, Aggressively Driven :)

Got this imp from a decant circle (many thanks).

In the vial: it's very deceptive of what's to come. Watery orange blossoms.

On me, wet: a cacophony of various citrus fruits and flowers, plus a strong kick of clove or some other deep, spicy substance. Someone else mentioned Tic-Tacs.. to elaborate, it smells the way orange Tic-Tacs taste.

Dry: The fruits fade away as they always do on me, leaving a lovely, odoriferous aura of orange blossoms a day away from falling off the tree and the faintest touch of clove. Something is going a little powdery on me, but it's definitely bearable.

Overall: Very good. I'm going to wear it a few more times before I make a final decision, but even if I don't buy a whole bottle, it's a gorgeously feminine scent. I think I'm feeling energized..normally I associate flowers with more of a calming sensation. We'll see!

To add to the comic book expressions...

KAPOW!

Orange, Orange, Orange and a bit of bitter peel, a little tiny bit of sharp woodiness?

As if our dear labbies pulled out an orange tree by the roots, juiced it whole and boiled it down to the thickest tar. There is kind of a bitter leaf sap smell. Somewhere at the edge is a tiny whisp of ginger.

I put this in my oil diffuser the other day and suddenly my room was clean and I had scrubbed the kitchen floor all the while bounding about the house like I was hopped up on pills. This stuff is strong.

Wear it on your wrist and expect people to perk up when you enter the room. Tis the awake citrus awesome of yummy doom!!

imp: minty, gingery grapefruit.

wet: very, Very, VERY citrusy. i still get that minty note from somewhere but for the most part this is strong citrus.

dry: this almost reminds me of a citus soap, there's a very clean, almost astringent smell behind the citrus. like citronella.

Bottle: Herbal orange

Wet: Orange and citrus but with a zing! It's herbally and slightly spicy.

Drydown: This is really yummy. I wanna gnaw on my wrist. Nom nom. :P

4.0 outta 5

I love the idea of this one because I lack courage, strength and balls.

In the bottle very citrus and faintly spicy.

On my very medicine smelling and plastic. I had to go wash it off because it was giving me a headache. So I guess I was never meant to have balls.

:P

I tried Moxie for the first time today, and I'm completely bowled over. There are already many lovely and helpful scent descriptions, so I'll go straight to effect --

It's just after midterm. My desk at the office was mounded over and driving me crazy. I gave my students a research day and attacked!

I applied the Moxie a bit after 8:00. Amount -- One "cover bottle with finger and tip" Applied -- a swipe on each side of my neck and between the girls. I mention amount b/c OMG my (granted tiny) office was instantly filled with scent. A coworker stopped by to chat a few minutes later and seriously Huffed. My. Office. Air. :D . I wrote down the lab's addy for him -- pretty sure he and his wife are now enabled.

As I dove into my sorting and organizing, I had energy and focus that were not mine. The initial Bunny Battery Burst lasted about three hours. I was quite pleased.

But wait! There's more! If you order before midnight.... :D After I took a break to rest a bit and reassess the situation, I got a second wind that lasted until I had to go a meeting at 1:30. I felt unusually energetic the rest of the afternoon.

In the interests of full disclosure, I must say that the productivity was not without a price. At about 6pm, I crashed. Hard. Falling over exhausted. Fortunately the husband was driving by this time. YMMV, but you might want to try it out at home this first time or two. Still, I got so much done, I consider it a fair trade.

I'll be getting a full bottle ASAP.

this smells like bright tangerines with maybe something subtly spicy in the background to ground it some. very citrussy and uplifting. i will definitely slather more of this on before i clean my house today.

100% ORANGE! Not the sticky sweet orange of juice or pulp but the in your face bite of peel. I loves it and have a feeling it may become my "signature" scent! mmmmmm

I wanted so much to like this blend, but after a initial, brief explosion of orange, there's just a strong, medicinal, bitter smell. The final result is orange-flavoured cough syrup. Horrible.

Ginger with a hint of oranges and sugared grapefuit. Very nice. I thought I cought a bit of pepper at one point, but it's gone now.

I think I need to find a bottle. It does seem to be a confidence booster. :P