Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

Midway

A bombardment of edible carnival indulgences. Funnel cake, caramel apple, cotton candy, salt water taffy and sugar tart.

I agree that Midway takes care of that sweet tooth!

I slathered myself in this today, and it is delicious. I get sweet cotton candy and vanilla and butter. My skin has never smelt more edible, but in a more sweet-second-skin sense rather than a "where's that plate of cookies I keep smelling?" way.

This has been consistent from the wet stage to drydown. I am so enamoured with Midway. I can't decide if I will slather or conserve it, so I guess I better get another bottle :P

(I need to add that my 2 y.o. daughter loves Midway too. She saw me opening the box and wanted to sniff, and immediately smiled and said "mmm...smells good" )

Not much I can add, but....

Midway smells just like my "Tutti Dolci" lotion from Bath & Body Works. The scent: Creme Brulee. YUM. :P I only wish it were stronger; it fades very quickly.

Midway does the following on me:

Sugar, sugar, sugar, vanilla, sugar, vanilla, sugar, sugar, sugar, caramel, sugar, vanilla, cotton candy, sugar, sugar, sugar, cream, sugar, pastry, sugar, vanilla, caramel, sugar, sugar, sugar...

Good thing I love this in all its sugary stages. :P

Edited by pekeana

This is buttery funnel cakes with cotton candy shredded all over. I like this, but I will use it for layering purposes. I think it will go great with apple lotion :D

ETA: This just turned to caramel covered funnel cake. SWOON :P

BTW: I dont like foody scents, but I cant think of anyone not liking this, it's addicting!

Edited by Lorencita

This is seriously, deeply foodie. It's a sugar rush on a caramel high with a wallop of richness. Wow. I don't know how often I'll wear this, as it makes me feel like I'm in a dessert daze, but it's truly something that has to be experienced to be believed.

I am so sad! I never expected, after all the glorious previews, that this would be the first BPAL foodie scent to go bad on me.

The main scent on me is vanilla milkshake, with greasy donut lingering in the background. But there are two off notes that creep in now and then -- one is a sort of vegetable smell, and the other is rancid grease. It's been six hours since application, and the off notes are actually starting to take over. Woe!

Putting this on this morning, it smelled sweet + buttery. I can definitely see it as an amalgamation of a variety of sweets and junk foods offered at a fair. There isn't one particular food I can pick out, but it's just that magical smell of funnel cakes and cotton candy and candied apples and popcorn and saltwater taffy wafting through the air on a warm night.

I'm surprised this lasted as long as it did. I went to the grocery store after work and kept smelling Cream Soda. I realized it was coming from me! Nice morph!

This is definitely one of my favourite LEs that has come out (and is so very close to a wanderlust suggestion I made for a Boardwalk scent). This is happy making. I'm so tempted to get a third bottle because I might accidentally drink one.

when i first put this on, it smells exactly like rice krispie treats! yum. as it tries, i can detect the taffy, cotton candy, and funnel cake (a rich, glazed donut sort of scent). there’s also something that really does bring to mind a dry summer night -- the way the atmosphere is, when it’s just cooling down and you finally feel a breeze taking the edge off the sweltering heat of the day. sometimes i’m wary of smelling like food, but this puts me in a cheery mood and i’ll happily wear it during these hot august days.

No cotton candy for me :/

i smell dripping caramel off green apples first and foremost then there's melted butter. Yesterday as I was driving to work, i caught a whiff of cinnamon-sugar/powdered sugar and maybe some funnel cake.

i don't know what taffy smells like, so i'm not sure if that lurks in there.. but i was saddened that i got no cotton candy.

regardless, i love midway! :P

Let me start by saying this was a nice enough smell on me. However I was disappointed. I didn't get the caramelly complexity some of the other posters did. On me it just smelled like vanilla sugar. It's nice, but i wanted more.

Reading all these reviews, I kept thinking, "But WHY would you want to smell like a hot funnel cake?" or a big pile of sugar or whatever it was that people were smelling. Now that I've got my own little sample here to try, the answer is clear. Because Midway just makes you smile. And sometimes that's exactly what you need from your perfume. :P

I wore Midway to the county fair yesterday and as I stood on the grass watching motocross, with the breeze carrying the scent of cotton candy and funnel cake stands across the grounds, I realized I could no longer tell which smells were coming from the fair and which were coming from me.

Midway isn't what it smells like to lean into a funnel cake plate and inhale. It's what the air smells like at a carnival, full of delight and promise. It's perfect.

Oh, amazing. Wonderment. Joy and raptures. Can you tell I liked it?

I tried Midway through a decanted imp that I got today - I've been wearing it layered with Shill -- HEAVEN!! :P

I can tell it's not going to last me until my lab order comes through, so I'm also going to be looking for more, AS WELL as posting an additional lab order for more of both. ::giggle:: Addict, yes!

Wearing Midway, I can just close my eyes and drift away on a wave of nostalgia and fantasy -- I find myself on the scene of 'Something Wicked This Way Comes', with the slightly uneasy feeling that carnivals always give me, layered beneath the joy and delight. Spectacular. :D

I'm glad other people detected a dirt/dust note, since I thought I was going crazy for a moment, and trying to think what else could have caused that scent! :D

Anyway, it is, in the bottle, exactly the same buttery, sugary, salty sweetness that everyone else describes. On me, it stays like this for about 15 minutes and then develops a distinct "dirt-like" note (with the Midway sweetness underlying it). After another 20 minutes or so, the dirt and the sweetness shift places, and it becomes a soft, sweet scent, with just a hint of earth in the background. If the dirt had remained prominent, I wouldn't have liked it, but the earth as a grounding note is interesting, and likeable.

I really like this (it smells SO good in the bottle), but my husband does not. For him, it also reminds him of the Midway, but a Midway complete with sultry heat, spinning rides, and roiling stomach. Wonderfully evocative scent though, and he certainly agreed on that! :P So I'm keeping a few imps worth and swap/sell the rest.

In the bottle...mmm, light cotton candy and buttery-vanilla-funnelcake type scent mixed with fresh air.

On my skin, it stays pretty much the same. I've smelled something very similar and it took a while for me to figure it out, but I did: Comptoir Sud Pacifique's Vanille Abricot perfume. People told me that one smells like cotton candy, so that would explain it.

This doesn't morph too much. The drydown is indeed similar to Snow White but mixed with the 'wet' scent. This is a very cheery, happy, sweet, and young scent. I love it! :P It's excellent for summer because, while it's sweet and foody, the 'ocean air' type note I'm getting keeps it light enough so it's not choking.

Edited by luxuria

Oh, this bottle of Midway makes me so happy! It just conjures up all sorts of happy memories. Putting it on makes me feel like I am getting ready to go to the carnival or to the beach with its pier full of carnival rides! It is buttery, warm, and I notice almost a popcorn-y flavor to it. Couple that with the sugar from the funnel cakes, cotton candy, caramel on the apples and this is a scent that just transports me to joyous moments. Genius.

Beth, you've outdone yourself on this one :P

It took me a while to post my short review because I was busy humping my arm. Midway? Ooey, gooey, sweet, SEX. There's lots o'sugar, a little coconut something happening, a touch of vanilla, and more humpable sugar and sweetness. It's NOT as sweet as Sugar Skull, but man oh man is it lovely. I've had numerous compliments on it today.

This is very sweet and reminded me of Pink Sugar right away. I am sad to say that it went a bit plasticy on me but it's still fine to wear. The plastic note was also in Snow White, Miskatonic U, and Spooky; anyone know what this is? Please PM me if you do! I also smelled some caramel in there, along with LOTS of sugar!

I've had this for awhile and wanted to post a review, but I just wasn't sure how I felt about it and honestly, I am still not sure now. It smells great in the bottle, sweet and bit salty (which I love). When I first put it on, not to be harsh, but it stinks on me. It smells like a deep, greasy, unsweet caramel. It's really strange and obviously unpleasant. After about 40 minutes, it seems like the scent completely disappears. The strange thing is that hours later, I start to get whiffs of cotton candy with a touch of salt. And when I get the cotton candy scent that one lasts for a long time and has much throw to it (even though it's not a heavy scent). As someone else said, on drydown it is quite reminiscent of Aquolina Pink Sugar (which I love), but I think I would rather smell like Pink Sugar than Midway. Sorry :P

Le sigh. I really wanted this to work on me as in the bottle this is glorious sugary carnivale fried dough (ooooooooooo) but it interacts wierdly with my chemistry and I end up with, voila, melted sticky coconut. This one gets to go find someone with normal skin. So sad.

I have never been so in love with a fragrance before in my life as I am with Midway :P. When I got my first bottle, my boyfriend asked me what I thought of it. All I could say is, "It's heavenly."

And it is. The best foodie scent EVER. I already have three bottles of it and I seriously think that I should purchase a few more. I've never made it through a full bottle of anything before, but I'm slathering this on like mad. I'm so addicted. I can actually see myself using 15 mls of this and craving more.

Midway smells very heavily of powdered sugar and sugar icing on me. I can definitely smell funnel cakes (ah mouthwatering fried dough) and cotton candy. In the middle stage, I can also pick up a definite hint of saltiness. It's so unbelievably amazing.

I am in love... and contemplating the order of yet another bottle. :D

At last, I get to try Midway! :P

I seem to recall that the Midway label has a picture of a roller coaster on it--that's the perfect emblem for the morphing-est scent I have ever tried! First it was a lovely topnote of cotton candy, then salt--Brian thought of peanuts, but I think it was the taffy, then butter. The butter lasted about 20 minutes, then the powdered sugar emerged, closely followed by the dough for funnel cake.

The next time I slathered more on, the gorgeous cotton candy/sugar tart came on stronger and lasted longer on drydown, and *that's* what I most wanted. The butter stage...not so much (there's a reason I didn't order Shill!).

Overall, Midway is a wildly fun ride; it was awesome to go around smelling of funnel cake. It's a little like one of those carnival games where you don't know what prize you will get each time, though--you may get sugar, or you may get butter. I'm thinking I should buy some Pink Sugar for my sugar-perfume-fix and save my Midway imp for carefree moods when I'm willing to take a chance.

Everyone should try this at least once--I've *never* had a scent go through so many clearly defined stages, and it's a whole party in a bottle!

rainbowdance.gif

i ordered two bottles of midway. having smelled it at the nyc gathering, i knew i was going to looooove it! i've never ordered two bottles of the same thing before.

let this be a lesson to me to *try things on*! midway starts out plasticy, then goes candy sweet (yum!), then gets a weird, dusty, play-dough vanilla scent that i also got from snow white. and then it disappears, all within an hour.

so sad. but i'm keeping one bottle, just in case :P

Wow, it changes every time I smell it! First it smelled like cotton candy, then fried foods, now it smells like saltwater taffy. It's extremely sweet to the point where it's almost too sweet even for me, ALMOST. I love it, fabulous foody creation, tempting and mouth watering to the extreme. How does she do it ladies and gentlemen? :P

Hrmph. The first thing I ever ordered 2 bottles of (not at the same time tho) and boy was that a mistake.

This starts off gorgeously sweet and foodie. There's no sense of SUGAR that Sugar Skull gives me but the similarity is in the sweetness. After that, there is no similarity.

As it dries I get caramel apple and the taffy and some butteryness that doesn't smell anything like funnel cake to me. This smells more like a bakery than any carnival and while I don't want to smell like a bakery, it might work as a room scent.

And then it happens: it goes pure plastic scented food. Ugh a million times over. I don't know what it is but all of a sudden I am smelling plastic scented food. Buttery sweet plastic.

:P to Midway. And I bought 2 bottles. Bum.