Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

Quietude

Peace, serenity, tranquility, silence.

In the imp: lime and lavender. sharp and a bit startling.

On me, wet: yup, consistently lime-and-lavender-scented. Very soothing - if just a *tad* soapy. The lime cuts through that, mind you.

On me, dry: hmm, it's a very *clean* scent. Pretty soothing - the lime is keeping it from becoming a sleepy scent on me, but the lavender is very calming.

Verdict: Well, it's pretty soothing and tranquil. I think I'll keep the imp around, even if I'm more likely to use Safari as a relaxing scent.

This has lavender in it, there is no question in my mind. It smells identical to my Bath&Body Works "Sleep" Lavender Pillow Mist I got myself around Christmas. It's floral but cool and soft, like petals brushing along your fingertips. Once on, it layers cooly with something herbal that I think is chamomile. Not really all that surprising here, it's to help you relax and sleep after all. I dotted this one on just before bed time and laid down with my wrist in close proximity to my face to see what impressions I would get as I fell asleep. Well, to tell the truth, it stayed soft and cool and decidedly lavender-with-maybe-chamomile, it warmed and cooled and sighed gently, but really didn't seem to change much. Before I fell asleep, it had toned down a bit from it's overbearing floral wet state, and as a dry scent, it was light and airy. I like this and want a bigger bottle... really, that's all there is to it.

I get sweet lavender from this with a little bite in the background. It's hard to tell whether this is an herbal kick from the lavender itself, or something else thrown into the mix.

Either way, I have plans to use this before bed to see how it effects my sleep, as Beth's other lavender blends have worked very well for me. :P

bottle:

herbal, lavender, rosemary

wet:

yum relaxing herbal blend

dry:

light, disappears fast (I didn't put much on), but a nice relaxing herbal

overall:

light, but nice

rating: 7/10

Panacea: Quietude is a gorgeous blend. It's a lovely, fragrant lavendar with a twist of lime, and as it dries down, I can smell the tiniest hint of eucalyptus as I breath it in. Very refreshing, clarifying, and relaxing. It's what I had hoped Somnus would be. Unfortunately, the scent doesn't last very long, but it still does it's job at relaxing me to the point of falling asleep peacefully and soundly. I am currently working my way through a 10 ml bottle of Somnus as my pre-bedtime oil, but once it's gone, I'll be replacing it with a big bottle of Quietude.

Lime and lavender, I could smell this all day long, got this imp as part of a swap. This is one for the oil-burner after a busy day at work or school. The same strong lavender in the somnium blends is present here. Very pretty.

While this does have lavender in it, the lemony herbal part of the scent is overwhelming. I don't really like that, and neither does my mother, who is the Queen of Lavender. As Quietude dries down, the lemon freshness goes kind of sour. This definitely doesn't work with my skin chemistry and I don't like it enough to use it as a room scent, so off to the swaps it goes.

This is a mild, herbal scent. It smells like cool lavender and zingy lime. The lavender and lime complement each other The lime has a juicy quality to it. This lavender seems a bit sharper than that of Safari. The lime almost adds a cocktail-like quality to this scent. I really like this scent, more than I thought that I would when I smelled it initially. When I first smelled this, it seemed dominated by lavender, however now, it seems that the lime comprises at least 60% of this scent. This is a soothing scent and suits its intended purpose well.

all i got from this one was lavender. there may have been something esle herbal behind it, but mainly lavender. which would make sense given the name!

another one useful for those times when sleep doesn't come easy as your mind is racing with al lthe things you need to do at work.

Lavender with something citrusy to it - lemon balm, perhaps? Not quite strident enough to be lemon verbena. I also caught a faint whiff of something unpleasant behind it, but only if I really put my wrist to my nose. This went somewhat powdery on me.

It's very long-lasting. I could still smell it quite strongly the next morning, ten or so hours after I had applied it initially.

I prefer Safari, both for enjoyment of scent and for bedtime relaxation properties. Not bad, though. Reminds me a bit of the Henri Bendel Lavender Leaves linen spray that I bought from B&BW last year (and like very much).

Editing my review to say that I tried it in a burner and like it WAY better that way than on me. That vaguely unpleasant note is nowhere to be found. It really does help me sleep in the burner, and it's a gorgeous scent when heated and diffused. I'll certainly use up my bottle this way.

Edited by Electra

I love this scent, it is very calming, tough it doesn't knock me out like other Lavender blends (like Somnus or Baku), though I can certainly see myself going to sleep with some of this on because it is so calming, I'm sure it'd lull me to sleep easily.

Wet, it is very strongly lemony/lime/citrusy on me.

As it dries, the lavender comes out more.

Dry, the citrusy scent fades to the background and it's predominantly lavender, a nice, soft lavender.

A harsh "soothing" note. Perhaps a lavender? It reminds me of those eyemasks they have you lay on your face at day spas and such while you get a pedicure or something. After drydown, this has calmed a LOT and is nowhere near as harsh as it was on wet. It's a soothing, almost baby-like scent... but not a baby powder. Just a fresh floral with a hint of lemony-citrus. This would make a perfect blend for the oil burner as a room scent. :P

Quietude is a gorgeous pure lavender freshened with lime. It's pretty much the same in the bottle as on my skin - soft and gentle, a wisp of a scent. Every time I catch a whiff of it, I exhale, releasing tension.

Lovely. :P I just absolutely adore all of the Lab's lavender aromatherapy blends!

(I purchased this from supremegoddessofall. :D Just goes to show you - "one man's meat is another man's poison," or something like that.)

Edited by Mattie

This is my favorite of the Panacea collection. I have a really hard time both falling asleep and staying asleep. I have pretty bad insomnia, probably b/c I'm always in study mode while my classes are in session and my schedule is never consistent.

This is strong, medicinal lavender to me. Medicinal because the lavender is sharp and heady. I don't detect any lemon in this like some others have noticed, but I do find that this smells exactly like Calamine lotion underneath all the lavender. That adds to the soothing nature of this. I wish I had bought a full size of this right away b/c my imp is almost gone and I've been really sleeping well when I use this.

I had a very hard time picking out the notes in this one, though now that I see lavender mentioned, I agree. It's not the sweet lavender of TKO, but a very herbal, almost aquatic one. It's a cool, faint, high scent that's deeply quieting and grounding even though it just kind of coats the outside of your perception without you really noticing. It's not exactly a happy scent...this is a fairly solomn, contemplative quiet. It would make a good meditation focus, or for when I need to think through something serious and have to stay focused and calm. It's not at all soporific to me.

I won't do a full perfume oil-like review, because this pretty much did not morph on me at all. It was soft lavender blossom and lemony-lime juice all the way.

I woke up feeling like crap, basically (happens when I'm dehydrated), and couldn't get my mind to settle to start the day. I also have the luxury of going back to bed if I want, which is a concern for lavender blends.

Thankfully the citrusy element of this blend makes me feel awake, perhaps countering sleep-inducing lavender. But it's not a buzzy, caffeine-jolted awakeness. I feel a lot calmer, and soothed, much less frazzled. (No doubt drinking the liter of water helped, too. :P)

I love this blend, and when my imp runs out I'll be getting a bottle.

I quite enjoyed this scent and refreshed it several times over the course of the day. fresh without being too sweet.

In the imp: Chinese cooking sauce. Soy, salt and something else. Perhaps the saltiness is coming from the lavender?

On Skin: Limey/lemony, a tinge of lavender, and again... something that smells like soy sauce to me.

Drydown: Soy sauce.

Verdict: :P No lavender/lime goodness for me. Instead, my skin chemistry does not like Quietude at all. Maybe it likes to be frenetic and crazy and stressed. I don't know. SAD.

In the bottle: Hello lavender!

On me: Lavender with a hint of citrus. I like wearing this at bedtime; normally my brain starts racing as soon as the lights go out, and I have trouble sleeping. Maybe it's a placebo effect, but Quietude tells my brain to cool it and go to sleep. I feel calmer wearing it.

Edited by Schnax

imp: lavendar with some faint citrus.

wet: nice! suddenly, more citrusy than lavendary. and when they find that nice balance this scent reminds me of the rose gardens in may. it's like the smell of vibrant greenery after a shower. how grand!

dry: the citrus (smells most like lime) is most prominent. very nice blend.

Bottle: lavender

Wet: herbally lavender with maybe citrus?

Drydown: It's sweeter than herbally now. I think I like it but I'm not sure. I'm feeling pretty calm and quiet right now so I think it's working.

3.5 outta 5

I think Quietude has a a muted citrus scent to it, like the white part of a lemon rind. And also all sorts of herbs that I of course cannot identify, but there is something that reminds me of TKO, as it has that same sort of aerated scent at first.

Felt sick and woke up with a nasty cold yesterday, so when nap-time rolled around a few hours later I slathered this all over my wrists, neck, etc. and settled it. This is a very peaceful, calming scent - lives up to it's name that's for sure. I had a wonderful nap with good quality sleep, and my sweatshirt still smells like it!

ETA: I really love this one. TKO is sweetly comforting and soporific, but Quietude has no equal when it comes to quieting the mind. It's soothing in a cool, light sort of way - perfect for when I need a rest from stress or sickness.

Edited by maribouquet

Quietude smells like herbs (lavender) and citrus (seems like lemon).

I probably would have liked this okay but I tried TKO and loved it to bits so this one just isn't going to be used by me as long as that one's around.