Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
wolfie13

Gomorrah

One of the Biblical Cities on the Plain, destroyed by God with fire and brimstone because of its people’s pride, prosperous ease, deceit, hedonism and indolence, and their callous, uncharitable hearts. A gritty, sordid and languid scent: ripe fig, date and currant with black herbs.

I get ripe fig and a bitter, rotting note.

Edited by delighted

I need to find a bottle of this ASAP, this is beautiful on me. I can't stop sniffing my wrists!

In the imp: fresh dark herbs, not sweet fig

Wet on skin: fig comes out more, but is not sweet at all, almost like a dry fig, herbs and woods start to amp, incensey.

Dry down: Incense! Beautiful incense with sharp fresh fig in the background. Fantastic throw after it dries. My skin turns this into something so so awesome, I feel like I'm surrounded in a cloud of incense and someone has left me an offering of fresh figs on the altar. Loving how strong this is, I'm amping all the right things, apparently. :D

10 out of 5 stars. ;)

Wet: Cedar. Big Time. Very odd. Must be the black herbs.

Dry: The lab`s gorgeous fig note comes out. Not getting a ton of current. Sweet and light. Will need a full day`s testing, and also a `Death Match` against Strangler Fig which I also quite like.

I really want to like this. Really, I do. The only problem I have is it smells like nothing on my skin. Not that it doesn't last a long time like is a common problem, it actually smells like nothing straight from the imp. I don't know if it's aged oddly, or just a faulty imp or what, but it's so light I can barely smell anything to detect any specific notes.

In the vial: There's certainly date in this, with a bit of herbs. The longer I sniffed, the fig came out.

On the skin: Yeah. That's fig. Fig and I don't play well. There's a bit of honey, mixed with decay (?) as well. Certainly evokes the city when sniffed, but not something I'd actually wear.

While I get the date and herbs in the imp and on wet, this dries down to just a soft fig on me. Pretty and succulent, but not for me!

I got Gomorrah as two frimps from two different sellers. I'm glad I ended up with two, because it ended up being an interesting exercise in comparing how scents age, or have other factors change them.

First Sniff Impression: Dark, rich, fruity incense.

Wet in Vial: I don't get much of any individual fruit, and the black herbs just smell like a heavy incense.

Drying Down on Skin: Right off this reminds me of one of the Last Unicorn scents (I think The Witch Cursed Castle). It's actually way heavier and perfumier than I thought it would be. I was expecting more fruit. Out of curiosity, I tried a second imp of Gomorrah I have. It's still an incense smell, but the fruit was more apparent in the vial and the incense smelled less "burnt." But now drying down they're kind of meeting in the middle. --Gomorrah "1" is still very bitter incense. Gomorrah "2" has a little more fruit to it, more balanced.

Dry on Skin: Dry, Gomorrah 1 has lightened a tad, but it's still pretty heavy on "gritty" incense. Gomorrah 2 is definitely sweeter with more apparent dark fruit notes. They're like "after" and "before" representations of the city itself, or something. A few hours later, G1 was still all spice, but it had finally chilled out to be a nice, fragrant spice. G2 is warm, lightly spiced fruit, though both applications are very faint now.

Conclusion: So not sure what to make of this since both imps were fairly different. The label on G1 looked slightly older, so maybe it was more aged, and it was also less full than G2. When I first put them on I was like, "No way am I keeping this ..." but now I'm kind of curious to mix them together in an empty vial and see how it settles.

My skin just ate this one up. It starts off very low throw for me. I get some dates, and a sprinkle of herbs but that's about it. As it dries it gets a little sweeter and a little stronger. I don't seem to get any fig, but the date sure is there. I don't think the payoff for waiting is for me as it still isn't very strong. I'm sure this will find a more loving home.

this smells like dirty date and fig- it's that earthy herbalness i guess. it's like fruit deep in earth, starting to ripen then rot. it also seems to fade really fast on me. i actually think the date note is stronger, because this isn't as figgy as some, but it has that general fruity/nutty scent to it.

I didn't care for Gomorrah when it first hit my skin. It was gritty, ashen. And despite fig, date and currant (I never actually get the latter), it is not at all sweet. But as it develops, it gets interesting. I wonder if there's black pepper in here, which is a note I have trouble smelling, because there is a kind of kick to it. The fig and the date emerge, though not strongly; this is a skin scent throughout. I still don't love it, but it's very complex and I think it would be marvelous on the right skin chemistry.

Gomorrah is a very dark, dirty fig on me, backed by some currant (I may be getting more of it than others, as it's a note I think I amp). I think the herbs are dirtying up the fig. I wasn't expecting it to be this dark, and I'd say it's a darker fig blend than Nasty Woman.

This one is not for me, but I am glad that I got a chance to try it!

Gomorrah is herbal Fig Newtons on me - it's quite figgy, and a little sweet. My husband thought it smelled like fennel, and maybe it does. 

It's a nice smell, but not really something I'm likely to wear. It's motherly and domestic and a little bit magic. It would be perfect for a fairytale grandmother, but that's not really who I am. 

Gomorrah to me is a very heavy fig scent with not much else; the herbal notes are the second most prominent scent but they get drowned out easily on me. I tried Cannibal Lady Macbeth from the 2020 Liliths before this one and this reminds me of it a lot, but it's way less strong. Maybe due to the age of my imp?

I don't hate fig, but I don't think I will find myself reaching for this often.